22 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Another aspect of the personal reason is.. it's HARD! It's difficult to realize that this is the last of Ivy that I will work on. The last scenes. The last lines of dialogue she utters. And I've often looked up (unconsciously) to working on Ivy because I didn't want it to end.. But ALL GOOD THINGS must come to an end.

The technical aspects are the 5 different endings, of which each must seem as if it logically progressed from what came before. This literally meant redesigning this quest from the ground up, up to 3 times starting from scratch (e.g. right click > delete quest > right click > new quest) as counters garbled up due to unforeseen dialogue choices and what not. It's not EASY to write a quest with so many different endings and have all the outcomes seem logical, coherent and all that jazz.

This is why unless people delve into serious modding they'll never truly understand the amount of work that goes into game development. It's one of the major reasons that bothers me when people are so callous, sarcastic, facetious towards game devs, in particular towards Bethesda. Yes they are a triple-A company, yes they have a bigger budget, yes they have more people working on a game than an indie company or a single mod author, but at the end of the day the scale of their projects is SO MUCH MORE MASSIVE. Reginald, you understand what it's like to work on a single project, literally just a companion, and look how much effort goes into it. Compare this to making a full-blown game with deadlines to meet, investors looking over your shoulders, and rabid fans that do nothing but berate and complain. Reginald, you have your personal reasons for slowing down progress (TOTALLY understandable by the way) considering the socio-political climate that we live in. Game dev companies don't have that luxury to slow down or even stop just because they feel like it, and in general they have so much more pressure to deal with.

Reginald, I have mad respect for you, I love Ivy, and I hope by the end of this journey you'll be even more motivated to continue forth especially once Starfield and/or TES 6 comes out lol. But I hope everyone else also respects Bethesda (and game devs in general). Again, it's so easy to criticize and make memes of them, but it seems like 90% of gamers out there are oblivious, uncaring even, as to how challenge game development is... until they decide to get their hands dirty. And when people start bashing mod authors, you wonder why many become jaded (best case scenario) or just straight up leave and disappear never to release another gift to the community (worst-case scenario).

/end rant ?

Edited by HentaiGnome
21 minutes ago, HentaiGnome said:

This is why unless people delve into serious modding they'll never truly understand the amount of work that goes into game development. It's one of the major reasons that bothers me when people are so callous, sarcastic, facetious towards game devs, in particular towards Bethesda. Yes they are a triple-A company, yes they have a bigger budget, yes they have more people working on a game than an indie company or a single mod author, but at the end of the day the scale of their projects is SO MUCH MORE MASSIVE. Reginald, you understand what it's like to work on a single project, literally just a companion, and look how much effort goes into it. Compare this to making a full-blown game with deadlines to meet, investors looking over your shoulders, and rabid fans that do nothing but berate and complain. Reginald, you have your personal reasons for slowing down progress (TOTALLY understandable by the way) considering the socio-political climate that we live in. Game dev companies don't have that luxury to slow down or even stop just because they feel like it, and in general they have so much more pressure to deal with.

Reginald, I have mad respect for you, I love Ivy, and I hope by the end of this journey you'll be even more motivated to continue forth especially once Starfield and/or TES 6 comes out lol. But I hope everyone else also respects Bethesda (and game devs in general). Again, it's so easy to criticize and make memes of them, but it seems like 90% of gamers out there are oblivious, uncaring even, as to how challenge game development is... until they decide to get their hands dirty. And when people start bashing mod authors, you wonder why many become jaded (best case scenario) or just straight up leave and disappear never to release another gift to the community (worst-case scenario).

/end rant ?

Thanks!

My motivation for modding has dipped below 0. If not for Ivy I would not be actively modding in the community any more. I have decided to work on a commercial project which is to be released via Steam somewhere in '23. No other details yet. But for me the small amount of flak that modders received in the past was always a good reason to keep modding. Now that the flak and toxicity for modders is as bad as it is for professional game developers, I might as well ask money for being shouted at, at least then I can stare at a few pennies in my bank account while reading the toxicity online. ;)

In that way, Fallout was only a vessel for Ivy's story to emerge.

Edited by Reginald_001

You have done amazing work with Ivy! I just started using Ivy 5.3 mod and am completely crazy for her, she is awesome to the T. Can't wait for Ivy 6.0 to come out. I have read every thing you have done with up this point and have to say you did make a companion that is truly epic. Please keep going! We all here love the both of you and have faith that Ivy 6.0 will over the top!!

On 10/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Thanks!

My motivation for modding has dipped below 0. If not for Ivy I would not be actively modding in the community any more. I have decided to work on a commercial project which is to be released via Steam somewhere in '23. No other details yet. But for me the small amount of flak that modders received in the past was always a good reason to keep modding. Now that the flak and toxicity for modders is as bad as it is for professional game developers, I might as well ask money for being shouted at, at least then I can stare at a few pennies in my bank account while reading the toxicity online. ;)

sorry to hear the trolls and toxic @ss holes are ruining things for you, because Ivy has always been the best follower mod for Fo4, especially after 5.0 when she became super powered and her story was expanded. Here’s hoping things calm down post Ivy and you can get back into it one day (if it’s even possible with some of these “fans”)

3 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

This is commander Shepard,

Reveal hidden contents

I need to know about that Mass Effect Easter egg. NOW.

?

Spoiler

When you talk with her she will randomly tell you about the AI trying to take full control of her and then she shows you what the AI is saying, triggering Sovereign dialogue of Mass Effect 1 when Shepard meets him for the first time

Best mod in Fallout by far. Ignore the naysayers as they just try and tear anyone down.   I have doubts we will see Ivy 6 but it has nothing to do with your hard work.  I think were truly heading into Red Deer prophecy now.  As a Pilot the past month has been concerning.  Pilots just blanking out, mini stroke or what have you.  The crash in California this week was a Cardiologist who just had his third shot.  Lost it, went blank and just flew into the ground.  ATC tapes are chilling. A lot of similar crashes past two months gone unreported in media. 

A friend who is a cop told me about the rash of weird one car accidents, people just walking into traffic and tons of running red lights and stop signs. They see it everyday and it's why so many are refusing to get vaxed. Near half the cops just quit in Chicago this Friday and its the same in most areas. In my profession Senior pilots leaving in droves and there are only vaxed Noobs to replace them.  Not flying with them myself. Had a copilot just start humming a tune and ignored everything for near a half hour. He never really came back and just went robotic.  Scared the shit out of me.

Shit is about to get real and its coming in every direction.  Shipping is off the rails so extreme food shortages coming.  Same goes for fuel.  Truly a zombie apocalypse in slo mo.

Take all the effort you have and prepare.  We can see IVY 6 on the other side. And whatever you do don't fly. I resigned and am heading for the hills. Never was into prophecy but looking around it's getting obvious.

23 hours ago, mudhutwarrior said:

Best mod in Fallout by far. Ignore the naysayers as they just try and tear anyone down.   I have doubts we will see Ivy 6 but it has nothing to do with your hard work.  I think were truly heading into Red Deer prophecy now.  As a Pilot the past month has been concerning.  Pilots just blanking out, mini stroke or what have you.  The crash in California this week was a Cardiologist who just had his third shot.  Lost it, went blank and just flew into the ground.  ATC tapes are chilling. A lot of similar crashes past two months gone unreported in media. 

A friend who is a cop told me about the rash of weird one car accidents, people just walking into traffic and tons of running red lights and stop signs. They see it everyday and it's why so many are refusing to get vaxed. Near half the cops just quit in Chicago this Friday and its the same in most areas. In my profession Senior pilots leaving in droves and there are only vaxed Noobs to replace them.  Not flying with them myself. Had a copilot just start humming a tune and ignored everything for near a half hour. He never really came back and just went robotic.  Scared the shit out of me.

Shit is about to get real and its coming in every direction.  Shipping is off the rails so extreme food shortages coming.  Same goes for fuel.  Truly a zombie apocalypse in slo mo.

Take all the effort you have and prepare.  We can see IVY 6 on the other side. And whatever you do don't fly. I resigned and am heading for the hills. Never was into prophecy but looking around it's getting obvious.

ROFL this is good, you should write a fiction novel

12 hours ago, Baldash said:

Hello everyone, Is there a Fusion Girl body for Ivy?

There was a mod on nexus called (IIRC) Radiation Queen Unique Ivy 2. It allowed for a unique body slide, face and body textures for Ivy. You still had to make choices as to which textures and bodyslide you wanted but it allowed Ivy to be unique in the Commonwealth. Unfortunately it was pulled off Nexus in August and the mod author has not made it available elsewhere so far as I know. 

Aside from that, perception is king. We all have our own interpretations of Ivy so pick a body type that appeals to you and that's your Ivy.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Thanks!

I will never understand how one can blame others for being creative, discuss/argue civilly with about content, sure, but blame? Hell no, go make your own.

Probably the times we live in, media keeps everyone scared and worried 24/7, so people act out what little control they feel they can get.

In the end, I just want to say that your stubborn dedication to telling this story is absolutely inspiring, thank you.

It is incredible the toxicity towards modders, I can understand it when it is towards a company that is called AAA, it gives you an absolutely unplayable garbage like mass effect andromeda, which I had to play 3 times when I arrived at a certain place where the activation button did not appear even though i loaded saved games and I could not advance in the story, that cannot happen in a game purchased in pre sale for 60 usd, and they further refuse to refund, i mean your are buying a product, and is their JOB, they must take it seriusly.

But man, in the case of modders whether it's a mod like Ivy, which is as complex, or with a contribution as modest as my presets for cbbe or armor conversions, which you do with and for love, with the idea of making the community happy and making you happy with them without having the intention of receiving a financial reward, but moral, and the satisfaction that your work is recognized, but instead they come to tell you that your work is unpleasant or that you should have done this or that in another way, which is very different from contributing ideas... you would have to see how old is the people who criticize you.

Instead of applying the best medicine: If you don't like it, don't download it, or why dont YOU do it?

Edited by Gamaramdi

Thought I'd check in, seeing as there's been a lot of activity lately with my notifications for Ivy.

Glad to see things continue to move along. Sorry to see recent posts addressing some form of bottom feeders.

I try not to read much as I want to be as spoiler free as possible and haven't used Ivy since the other version which was also voice acted, plus I really wanted to see what Reg has in store for the DLC's.

If I die before release I'll never know it - so no harm no foul  :P 

I'm wondering how important it is to resolve conflicts with CompanionIvy.esm? I have several .esps that load after (obviously) that conflict with the .esm, such as Simple Clothing Keywords and Armor Clothing Overhaul. Should I make a patch, or cross my fingers?image.png.dda74909dc609836134d0c66114d780a.png

Edited by MysticDaedra