Ivy6_2.jpg.c58b24384a0273c3c179d8780fc2a940.jpgVATS Research
Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System Research

'What does it mean?', Grark asked.
The three pelican soldiers stood befuddled in front of the human display.
'It must be some kind of weapon', Jurad said. He hissed and straightened his chest piece.
'We should go back to the rest. We're too far behind', Snark said.
'Don't be a hatchling Snark, if we present the King with a fine new weapon, we might be promoted.', Jurad said.
'I'm not sure. What's this big round thing here. It looks like it has a human face on it, but there's no nose.', Grark said.
'Can we take it with us?', Jurad asked.
'It looks like it's attached at the back, let me look at it', Grark ruffled his feathers and jumped on top of the desk to investigate the wiring in the back.
'We should go back guys. What if more humans show up?', Snark paced around, looking at the door.
'We killed all of them', Grark said.
'Yes, stop your whining and be the look out while we take this weapon for the King!', Jurad hissed at Snark.
Snark walked to the doorway and looked into the empty vault hallway. Blood still dripped from the ceiling. The army had pushed through while clearing it out.
'We'll be able to choose any mate, Jurad..', Grark whispered.
'Not Snark..', Jurad joked.
'What does that round thing do? I can't see anything back here. It's some kind of wire, attached to the wall.', Grark hissed.
'I'll investigate...', Jurad pushed into the round button and a door opened.

'Go away! I didn't do anything! I'm innocent!', it was a vault tech employee wearing a green suit. The young woman looked terrified.
Grark hissed and raised his wings.
'Snark! Come here!', Jared said.

The two pelicans slowly and cautiously approached the young woman, ready to strike her down.
'Snark! Where are you!', Grark hissed.
He turned to look, but only saw Snark's head, severed from his pelican body in the doorway.
He turned towards the woman and a plop stopped his heart.'
Jurad had no time to stop her as the bullet sliced through his head.

'Fucking birds', she mumbled and walked away.

Edited by Reginald_001
On 9/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, Citrakite said:

It's not an issue unless you have AFT manage Ivy then everything goes to hell as I learned trying to unbork it fucking up over another Companion randomly. Think i just had too many at it gets glitchy after vanilla limit of 3 and I had like Macready, Heather, Ivy, Mary Jane and Dogmeat. I did not have her under AFT but I tried to use it to see if it work as the companion system wasn't. I was thinking well I could just re-summon her later. Hell no captain. they go though the dialogue like I had then just stand around for in game hours so it wasn;t just my computer was slow on the uptake. If I tried to talk to them to recruit again they would do the dialogue but kept milling around like they were stuck in idle animations. They teleport with me then just stand there as a SM caressed my face with a fire hydrant. I had to revert to a earlier save that cost me a week of playing time and I cut down how many people travel with me. I was alone frozen in a tube for 200 years, I like people being around me at all times.

what part of don't use Ivy with multi follower mods don't you understand? none of the current multi follower mods work cept reginalds'

ScreenShot2609.png.0de99aee939b4e617491c3cdf7011cce.png'I shouldn't be here'.
The King stood alone in a dark hallway, filled with cabinets that moved by themselves. Front, back, left, right. He saw the little girl run toward him, dodging the light skillfully.
'Thanks for coming, this is really serious', the little girl said.
'This is his domain. Even I have no power here.', the King hissed.
'All that doesn't matter any more. Don't you remember?', she said.
Dust filled the hallway and the King looked at his body.
'I'm weak here. He has too much strength.'
'I know. Careful! The light is coming.'

They both hid.
'Can you stay with me?', she asked.
'We have to go back.', the King hissed.
'I don't want to. The answers are here, in this place.', the light passed them, creating beams of dust as it passed the vines that had overgrown the laboratory.
'I was created here.', King Pelican said.
'No, you were there long before.', the little girl sounded sad.

'Come with me now. We cannot go further. I COMMAND IT', the King was strict.
The girl remained silent as she looked down the hallway, tracing the moving light with her eyes.
'She tried many times. And many of her agents died here.', the King said.
'But he doesn't hurt me.', she said.
'I don't know why that is.', the King said.
'And you hurt him once.'
'I am mighty as long the Pelican God stands behind me.', he watched as the light moved back and forth through the hallway.
They were silent, listening to the machines drone and the humming equipment.

'This is where he created her', the little girl said.
'She can't come here.', the King said.
'I know.', the little girl replied.
The King fiddled, unsure of what to do.
'We need help. Someone else maybe could get past him.', the girl said.
'There is no one more powerful than me here.', the King boasted.
'Except for him', she said.
'Let's go back, Debby.'
'Alright.'

Edited by Reginald_001

Ivy6_5.jpg.0407b3dc08264eac3e2fc75216de4bd5.jpg'Do you think we can communicate with it?', the young pelican lieutenant asked.
'Maybe. I've never seen one like this before.', the General replied.
'Neither have I.'
The human sat in the cage, feet attached to a chain, which in turn was attached to the wall.
'It's so small. It was easy to catch', the lieutenant said.
'But it made a strange loud noise with its throat, it might be a weapon. And water was flowing from its eyes.', the General said.
'I don't think this one is dangerous, General.', the lieutenant poked his wing into the cage and the small human crouched back.
'I've never seen one with that long hair before. And it has a different skin than the others we've seen so far.'
'That's not skin, lieutenant. It's armor. All humans wear it. It's often very bad armor, easy to rip and tear, but armor nonetheless. It keeps their fragile skin warm, like our feathers.'
'I see, General'
'Maybe we should just kill it?', the lieutenant asked.
'No, let's wait for the King to decide.'

The small human was making sounds now. Strange high pitched, shrieks.
'Do you understand it?', the lieutenant asked.
'No. Look. Water again, from its eyes.'
'But it just falls from its face, onto the ground.'
'I don't understand it either lieutenant.'
'General? I'm scared...', the lieutenant stepped back and poised himself to attack the human.
'Stand down lieutenant! That's an order!', the General commanded.
'Could it be.. one of their hatchlings?'
'I.. was thinking the same thing, lieutenant..', the General said.
'I wish I could speak the human language.'
'Only the King can speak it.', the General replied.

When King Pelican finally entered the room after a long silence, he walked up to the little girl that sat terrified in the cage.
He spoke in a strange tongue with the girl and the General could only guess as to what secrets they spoke of.
'Untie her, then bring her to the edge of the city. She is free, her safety guaranteed.'
King Pelican turned around and flew away.

Edited by Reginald_001

Untitled-1.jpg.c3d6afe81f496db6837f9ef105631eac.jpg'Do they have eggs, like us?', one of the hatchlings asked.
'No, they crawl out of each other. The small ones tear their way through the mother, who often barely survives.', the pelican teacher said.
'Eeeeewww!', the class of hatchlings were disgusted.
'Then why do they have them?', one of the others asked.
'Why do they procreate? Who knows why humans do what they do! For us, it's a biological urge, so strong that it can't be denied.', the teacher turned around and shook her feathers.

'How do they drink?'
'They use cups and cutlery', the teacher responded as she wiped the board with her feathers. Up high a platoon of the King's army was doing tactical exercises.
'What are cups and.. cult.. cut..larry?', the chick asked.
'The humans don't have beaks like us, they can't store food or water inside. They're very handicapped and need tools and things to maintain themselves. They are nothing like us. Our feathers keep us warm and safe and..'
Another hatchling interrupted her.
'My father wears metal armor!', he said proudly.
'Don't be too eager to wear it, young one. Once it's attached, it will never come off again.', the teacher warned.

The teacher continued: 'The humans cannot live without clothes, cups that can hold their water, knives and forks and spoons to eat their food with. We simply drink from the ponds and our bodies are strong. We can handle dirty water. But the humans need to take clean water with them, or they die very quickly.'
'When can we go into battle?', one of the hatchlings asked eagerly.
'Once you are big enough to fight for the King, you will know.', the teacher said.

'How do we know all this about humans?', a hatchling asked, his right wing raised politely.
'The King has captured many of them and has spoken with them. Through him, we know everything we need to know about the enemy.', the teacher said.
'Can we fly again soon?', one of them asked.
'Alright. We'll do a bit more math, then you can all fly freely today.'

'PelicalsPaperWS.png.177b93b4e6b93386f66d031a47e6d0f3.pngLet me count.. 15... 30... 45... 60.. yeah. That should be about it.', the General said.
'That's doable. We are so many.', the lieutenant said.
'Thousand.', the General finished.
'Oh.'
'100 tanks. 20 Airplanes.', the General said.
'I see.', the lieutenant bowed his head and beckoned to his group.
'We go where you go, General.', below there were sounds of human weaponry and the screams of the dying.

The General leaped from the high building in the now abandoned human suburb. A thousand of his best behind him. Below them a human platoon had kept their street corner for hours now, slaying thousands of pelicans. This was the hard spot. These humans needed to be destroyed. They dove down, dodging the human bullets but left and right his kindred were hit, falling down in an eerie echo of their earlier attack. But this only made them more determined to kill them all!

The General was the first to hit the ground. He slammed into a human in Power Armor, the sheer impact breaking the back of the suit. The General's armor had kept, he had worn it ever since his escape from the Vault. The helmet visor came off, leaving the terrified and unprotected human face open to the Generals wrath. He pushed his beak slowly into the flesh, the scream was deafening but he had never felt more satisfaction.

Slump.. slump.. thump.. the dead pelicans finally hit the ground as the General pushed deeper into brain tissue. He emerged his face, reveling in view of the now slain foe, re-positioned himself and attacked the next human. He flew from neck to neck, tearing the salty flesh from their bodies. When the whirlwind of pelicans was done, the human camp was nothing but flesh and bones in a river of blood.

'We've taken the next street corner!', he said as his kin surrounded him in victory.
'Another thousand humans gone! Only 59 more to go!'
They didn't attend to the gurgling and dying sounds of their kin, knowing full well the day would bring many more than it was ever possible to handle.

Edited by Reginald_001

'IvyAwakensAgedWS.png.c85ff0270f33fdce093d18c48c75ba74.pngI like it here', said the robotic sounding assistants.
They were identical. Synthetic. Doctor Stein looked at them and sighed.

Pale imitations.
'It was designed for some higher up Red Rocket exec, before the war. He was undoubtedly planning to stay there with either his family or his harem.', Stein mumbled, uncaring whether his synthetic assistants heard him or not.
'What did you say master?', both of them asked in unison.
'This is where we can observe her for now. We'll make this our base. Get ready to unpack while I go fix that Handy Robot that we found near Sanctuary.', he walked up the stairs, then out of the hatch into Sanctuary.

The strings that were tugging his heart weighed heavier with each step he took, closer to that place.

Just behind that hill. I only have to unlock her, then I can talk to her again.. but the cost.. The cost!!!

He'd noticed the Handy robot earlier, dead as a door nail, outside one of the Sanctuary houses. If he could fix it, it would be an ideal way for him to keep an eye on Sanctuary from within the Luxurious Underground Living Estate. Of course, the place was a mess for Stein's standards, but he didn't care about any of that. All he needed was his systems and lab equipment and he could continue.
The jabbing pain in his chest became worse each day.
Not much longer now. If I don't succeed, none of this will have mattered and she will be lost forever.

But the contingency plan was ready. He was sure he'd make it in time. He didn't even care if he was the first, he knew he'd do it best.. But doubts nagged him.. Was this the one true path to immortality? Or was it a pathway to hell and insanity? He pushed his doubts away, using everything he'd learned over the years from transferring living conscious brains. He was sure he could do it again.

Repairing the Handy was easy. It introduced itself as Codsworth to Stein. One memory wipe and some false memory implants later and Stein's plan was set in motion.

namesjames-bird-demon-1-6f5cf662-31ze.jpg.0448c34c1f2573d2907d9b84317df974.jpgI can't see a damned thing.', Parsons said. He adjust his helmet and flashed the light past rocks and wooden supports. Dust particles lit up as the white beam scanned the empty mine.
'Be careful, they're pretty big but they can hide everywhere.', Jason said.
'It's so quiet.', Parsons took a step forward, Jason behind him with weapon drawn.
'These lasers work much better against them than projectile weapons.', Jason checked his cells.
'Bulky as fuck. I prefer my 9mm.', Parsons said. He checked the safety as he held it beneath the flash light.

Suddenly the radio burst out loud.
'Make that thing quiet damn it!', Parsons looked back at Melanie.
The radio on her back continued: 'Unit 2. Sweep second quadrant. Seek and destroy.'
'Orders confirmed. Unit 2 out.', she said.
'Sorry guys.. volume knob must have adjusted as we were crawling in.', she turned it down and resumed position, checking her weapon.

'Did you hear that? Sounded like a flutter.', Parsons said.
'Confirmed. I see contact at 11 o'clock.', Jason pointed.
Two eyes slid down behind a rock, barely escaping the sprayed debris from the unloaded weaponry in its direction.

'Get it! Don't let it get away!', Parsons started advancing into the mine at fast pace, ready for anything. Melanie saw Parsons and Jason turn the corner slowly then she heard fluttering, then quiet.

The light went off.
'Parsons... Jason?', she whispered, fumbling with her own flashlight.
She heard something squishy, just behind the corner.
And when she finally managed to turn her flashlight on, it was pointed straight into the direction of the two heads on the ground in front of her.

'Beheaded you say? That can't be! They're just birds! How many were there cadet?', the lieutenant asked.
'I don't know sir.', Melanie said. She was visibly shaken.
'And you just ran out, leaving your fellow soldiers?'
She felt catatonic.
'I.. they're not birds sir. They're demons.'

CompanionIvyNLogo.jpg.4bd0e58dd9bbdf23f45001ddbe360678.jpgMelanie fondled the letter between her fingers. The words were hardly readable now. It had been so long.
'Love, Eric. We're all waiting for you.', it was signed.
She didn't really remember any more how long it had been. 6 months? 6 years? No.. she was counting tours. First Alaska, now this. Why hadn't she been promoted yet? Still a cadet? Three.. yes three years in. Of everyone in her platoon, by now she was the most experienced.

She closed her eyes and saw the heads again.
'Why didn't you come back for us?', it was Parsons.
'You should've been there for us', Jason's voice cut through her soul.
They were there almost always now, as soon as she closed her eyes.
She thought about Eric, Sarah and Jaimee. Sarah was 5 by now, would she recognize her mother? And Jaimee.. her first love.. her first born. Almost 9 now.

When she opened her eyes she saw the scope and the reticle. It was planted firmly on the head of one of the monsters.
'They look just like regular birds', the cadet behind her said.
'Notice the metallic sheen? That's their armor, they hammer it into their bones. Those aren't birds.', Melanie said before she squeezed the trigger of her sniper rifle ever so gently. It was a clean cut. The head popped up and off the bird's body and Melanie already had her next shot lined up. She was sure of it. Each bird that she erased from existence would bring her one step closer back home. And would erase one more part of a second of that awful memory.

'How many has she killed?', the cadet behind her asked softly.
'Nobody knows, but some think that she's killed over ten thousand of them. They call her the Falconer.'

When Melanie went to bed she tried to keep her eyes open as long as she could, until tiredness overtook her. When she closed her eyes she was back in the mine, Jarod and Parsons were right there. But this time something was different.

It hissed, behind her.
'My name is King Pelican. And we need to converse.'

So we definitely need a "Mr. Clean" game with Ivy 6.0. I'm more than happy to start brand new again considering how SS2 has corrupted my saves to the point of constant CTD in Sanctuary now.

My question is, if there are newer versions post-6.0, does this rinse/repeat cycle need to happen again? Every Fallout/TES game to date is a massive time and commitment investment (vanilla wise, much more so if modded), so I would hope incremental updates such as 6.1, 6.3, 6.5 etc would be a straight install on an existing save, and a major version jump like Ivy 7.0 would be a brand new game again for example (unless 6.0 is the last and final major build of course).

Edited by GMLP
2 hours ago, GMLP said:

So we definitely need a "Mr. Clean" game with Ivy 6.0. I'm more than happy to start brand new again considering how SS2 has corrupted my saves to the point of constant CTD in Sanctuary now.

My question is, if there are newer versions post-6.0, does this rinse/repeat cycle need to happen again? Every Fallout/TES game to date is a massive time and commitment investment (vanilla wise, much more so if modded), so I would hope incremental updates such as 6.1, 6.3, 6.5 etc would be a straight install on an existing save, and a major version jump like Ivy 7.0 would be a brand new game again for example (unless 6.0 is the last and final major build of course).

As with all former Ivy releases, each major version requires a new game and minor versions do not. Having said that, the 6.0 will be the final incarnation of Ivy, within this engine.

Edited by Reginald_001

OtPTTbJS00ChDVdvHKaPBoIwQYeD7M6aXb4FhftjhiGlHOB4W-5UIelXHHlvbDvmM4BTGeK9TJyl-rQD7HlL_VuveJ6R0xfJJUYXmJzvQjGmnTSr8xL2lg.jpg.9f398536caf04ef3e6e28291315941ae.jpg'You look like a monster.'
The Pelican looked black and oily, as if it was dripping with thick dark red oily blood. Pieces of road signs and human armor adorned it
s feathers and neck. Its beak was engraved with all sorts of signs. The hole in its wing looked fresh, 3 nickles wide. She saw it bleeding droplets on the blue stone surface. The surface was slick and smooth where the droplets of blood landed. As if the droplets had been eroding the stone for ages to make a slick indent in the otherwise naturally formed rock.

'I am a monster, you made me in your image.', the King hissed.
'I didn't make anything like you!', Melanie tried to grab her weapon, but her holster was empty.
'You humans.. not YOU, human.', the King jumped up and spread his wings, showing her his actual size.
Melanie fell back, feeling dread in her soul.

'I feel it too.', the King said and he backed down.
'It was you, wasn't it? You are the one that killed Parsons and Jarod', Melanie accused.
'Yes', the King sighed.
'I will kill you for that', Melanie stated it flat out.
'You will try!', the King jumped forward, planting his paws into Melanie's shoulders.
The pain almost blinded her as his talons gripped their way into flesh and bone.

'It's just pain. Block it. Push it out. Search beneath!', the King ordered.
He pushed his talons deeper and Melanie felt bones in her shoulders crack.
A tear sprung from her eyes.
'I hate you!', she screamed.
'And I you, human. But that's irrelevant now. FEEL!', he dug deeper and Melanie felt like her arms were being torn off.

His beak was beside her face now. She heard it breathing in her ear.
'What do you see inside the pain?', he asked.
'I see nothing! Only hatred!', she wanted to fight but was completely immobilized.
'Look BEYOND! OBEY!' the King ordered

Melanie felt herself falling into the pain. Sharp, white pain. It burned her.
'It.. it burns.. like.. like a fire', she sighed.
'Truth always does', the King said as he let her go.

Edited by Reginald_001

43bf7a3a5d74dcd2c4e0795c49b4199f--merlin-bird-writing-characters.jpg.c6a984272ec33fd6a5fa46c711b4b015.jpgWhen she woke up she checked her shoulders. The pain of the King's talons still burned brightly with truth in her shoulders. She had seen and learned everything now. The making of the King, the true reason for the Pelican wars. And all of that paled by the revelation that the King had shared with her.

Mutually assured destruction.
She got up out of bed slowly and the world looked different now. Everything was sharper and brighter. So bright in fact that it almost hurt her eyes. She opened her locker and took her bag. Slowly she undressed, showered and then opened her bag with civilian clothes. She got dressed, put on some makeup and dismantled her weapon.

'What the hell are you doing cadet?', Sergeant Johnson stood behind her.
'The war is over, I am going to my husband and my children.', she stated.
Johnson couldn't believe what he was hearing.
'Get back into uniform on the double!', her ordered.
Melanie looked at him and smiled, she touched his forehead with her finger then looked at him.

'Do you understand now?', she said.
Johnson blinked as if he was processing information.
'I... Thank you. I understand.'
Melanie handed her weapon to him.
'I won't be needing this any more. I have a different purpose now.'
'Yes Falconer...', he fell to his knees and started crying.

When Melanie came home, her family was overjoyed to see her again. She spent the afternoon at the park, talking with Eric and playing with Jaimee and Sarah. And at night she made love to him with such abandon and passion as if it was their first time.

When she left, Eric knew in his heart it was the last time, for she was the Falconer and she had purpose greater than life now.

The-Winds-of-Dune-cover.jpg.7d668c85256dc77ad2f4c08257f5479b.jpgThe battlefield was chaotic. General MacGregor observed it from afar using binoculars. These damned birds had cut him off at every corner. In the months that has passed they had found more and more efficient ways of dismantling tanks, planes, power armor, biological agents, forest fires even those damned Vault Tec impostor birds meant to infiltrate the bird army.
He slammed the table. WHAT A FAILURE! They had adapted to everything he'd thrown at them!

'Sir. Sorry to disturb sir, but there's.. there's a disturbance at the outer gate.', the soldier saluted politely and stood at attention.
'Disturbance? What kind of disturbance?', MacGregor looked surprised.
'It's birds sir. But they're not attacking. They're just sitting there. And there's a woman. We shot a whole bunch of them, but just more birds come. Now there's so many that even if we wanted to, we wouldn't have enough ammo to shoot them.'
MacGregor stormed out of his office, 'Why didn't you inform me sooner? What does this woman look like?'
'We're identifying her now sir.', the soldier started walking behind the general. A scientist with a vault tec suit came running in.
'We've identified her Sir! Name is Melanie Griffin. She's from third platoon. Deserter sir, she's been on the wanted list for a while now.'

MacGregor pushed the scientist away.
'Whatever you do don't shoot them for god's sake. They're our last hope!', the general said.

When he rushed outside, he saw over 100 birds on the ground.
'We are so sorry for this misunderstanding Miss Griffin!', He shouted into what seemed like an endless sea of birds.

A whirlwind seemed to form in the back of the line, dust and birds in a cloud of anger and hatred. Inside, MacGregor saw a bright white light. The soldier behind him fell to his knees, whispering words that MacGregor couldn't understand. He drew his weapon at the light, then his skin and organs fell from his bones.

'Falconer', the soldier said in awe.
'I'm here', she said.

Edited by Reginald_001

When the human woman entered the camp, the pelicans knew instinctively she was not a threat.
They hustled and bristled about her, some of them calling her by name.
'Falconer'
There was a hush about the birds that caught sight of her entry.
'She was our greatest enemy', a bird behind her whispered.
'She killed so many', another sighed.
'Falconer'
'Now she fights for us'.

The Falconer turned, anger dripped from her face.
'No!', her scream sounded terrible as she addressed the bird in its own language.
'I fight for the truth.', she turned, her cloak seemed to move out of its own volition behind her, in ways that did not seem quite natural. Her eyes were bright with white light now.
The bird bowed and spread its feathers in awe, then stepped back.

The General came soaring from the sky and landed in front of her.
'You have come.', he said.
'Yes General.', the Falconer replied.
'The King said you would arrive. I... I did not believe it.'
'Nor did I, when I first learned the truth', she sighed and closed her eyes, then pushed her hands against her face.
She stood there silent for a long time in that pose and when she opened her eyes again they looked like normal human eyes again.
'The light. It burns in you...', the General seemed awed.
'It hollows me out, like marrow sucked from bone.', the Falconer said.

'The Pelican God's gifts always come with a price.', the King said as he came in from behind them.
'The light. I can't.. I can't contain it.', she said and fell to her knees.
King Pelican walked towards her, pushing his face down so that his forehead could touch hers.
'Then let it go.', he said.

The other birds stepped back, then flew to a safe distance watching the spectacle of energy and light. It grew and grew into a whirlwind of dust and light. The King was thrown out, landing against a nearby tree. Immediately the General leaped towards him, checking to see that he was alright.

'She will be our champion.', the King collapsed, exhausted and drained.

maxresdefault.jpg.0084bd570d57dcd27a2a6a8cb3c2b1f4.jpg12.000 years later

'Sir? Sir? I found something.', the young geologist pulled the virtual screen on his scanner from the side so the image was projected in front of him.
'What is it Eric?', the Professor asked, holding a piece of old technology in his hands.
'It looks like a bird skull, but see? There's engravings on the beak. And some kind of armor.', Eric zoomed in on the skeletal remains.
'Fascinating! The armor seems to be attached to the bones.', the Professor looked excited.
'Do you think they're ceremonial?', Eric asked.
'We shouldn't jump to any conclusions. Who knows why they would adorn dead birds with armor like that.', the Professor said.
'But, there doesn't seem to be any indication of human remains inside the vault itself. And it's closed from the inside. How could that have happened?'
'It must have been some kind of automated process', the Professor replied sternly.
'But what is it? The Vault itself? It's not a grave like the old Pyramids. There's nothing of particular wealth. The metal is strong but ordinary. Who would go to such trouble to secure a thousand dead pelicans inside an underground vault, adorn all of their bodies with armor and then put them into stasis chambers?', Eric was genuinely confused.
'Leave the thinking to me. There must be an obvious and logical explanation to all of this. Upload your findings to Central, I'll take a look at everything in orbit.', he walked off.

'Professor Stein is such a jerk', Eric sighed.
'I know, right?', Yvonne said.
'I don't know why he's here personally. He stole my project and won't even include me in any of the results', Eric complained.
Yvonne pressed the off button on his pad. Then beckoned him closer.
'Listen, I think he's way more important in Central than people know. Please, drop this. He's dangerous'
She turned on her pad and walked away.

'We'll see about that', Eric mumbled as he continued scanning the Vault.

Later that night, Eric had no trouble going down to the surface of the scorched planet. It had never recovered from the nuclear destruction and the thousand year machine war, several hundred years later. His shot would protect him for 5 more hours or so. Plenty to venture inside the old vault and get his own answers. Dust was still settling in after they had first disturbed the vault. And only the entrance chamber had been examined. Eric projected the mapped out scans onto his wrist display and slowly ventured deeper inside. He felt nervous. Filled with an energy he'd never felt before. The vault seemed dead. Not just dead, but as if had never been alive in the first place.

When he entered the large chamber he saw what looked like a common area. In the center, he saw decapitated pelican remains. They were adorned with armor, its beak engraved. It looked as if it had fallen where it stood. Not displayed. None of this made sense. Did they use these pelicans as fighting birds?

A clunk sounded below, filling Eric with dread. He stopped breathing and tried to listen, but blood rushed in his ear in the rhythm of his fast beating heart. He heard a laugh. A giggle? He was sure he'd heard a little girl down there, somewhere deep in the vault, laughing.

He checked his scanner, but found no signs of life. His tracker hadn't recorded any sounds.
Was he going..

'CRAZY?', the voice sounded so loud in his head that he fell backwards on his back.
'What? W.. Who's there?', Eric felt a dread that he'd never felt before.
'Why do you disturb us human?', the voice crackled.
Suddenly a woman's voice behind him spoke.
'I'm Falconer and you are not welcome here.'

'He works for him.', the voice said.
'No.. I sense another truth in him', Falconer said.
'Stein? Are you talking about Stein?'
'DON'T SPEAK HIS NAME!', the voice commanded.
Eric obeyed and knew he'd known this voice all of his life.
'I am King Pelican and you have awoken us, human.'

resist_central.jpg.f2489bb09168984302cd72080f414f9b.jpg

OBLIGATE CENTRAL DAILY NEWS CONSUMPTION - May 12th 12.308

Financial News: In a historic move, The Zetan Royal Confederacy has signed a 30 year trade agreement with 12 human outposts in the habitable zones of commercial space. Neither Human nor Zetan representatives have agreed to share any details about the trade agreement other than that it would prove to be highly lucrative for both the Human and the Zetan Empire. The Empire has invested another 30 trillion in space defense, solidifying the Human centralized position in Space Segments Z23 through Z38 of commercial space. The new territory spans over 30 habitable planets. President MgkB'Ulu states that this should provide resources for a 23% expansion of the Royal Space Fleet. The RSF has reacted by thanking President MgkB'Ulu for this recognition and honor.

Scientific News: Artificial Intelligence Guru Professor Stein has unearthed ancient hidden ruins on Terra Prime. Central has allowed him generously to continue to research what is mostly seen as a whim project for this highly esteemed but elusive government advisor. Updates will follow as the story continues.

General News: The hunt for the criminal organization known as the Pelicans is still ongoing. Government officials have stated they have their sights on the elusive ring leader known as the cyborg Anny Xavier Toussier and she should be apprehended soon.

Edited by Reginald_001