On 8/29/2021 at 7:01 PM, Crooltool said:

If you want a human voice actor, stick with 4 until 6 comes out. 5 has many more lines then 4 and no one to do the voice acting. HOWEVER, you will miss out on tons of content as 5 is much bigger then 4 (thus the need for a robot voice until a voice actor could be found to record the lines) but the robot voice grew on me, and as talented as the new voice actor is, part of me will miss the robot voice

I see thank you for your reply. I'll wait until next version release see what happens ?

54 minutes ago, nabnab said:

???

Ivy is acquired and dismissed by Dialogue. I think the instructions to use the holotape were being confused with Reg's other mod. Reginald's Awesome Multi Follower Mod. (Available from Reg's Discord server) That is a mod that allows you to have Ivy and another follower together. From that mod, you add or dismiss the extra follower using the holotape.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:23 PM, bishlapped said:

Ivy is acquired and dismissed by Dialogue. I think the instructions to use the holotape were being confused with Reg's other mod. Reginald's Awesome Multi Follower Mod. (Available from Reg's Discord server) That is a mod that allows you to have Ivy and another follower together. From that mod, you add or dismiss the extra follower using the holotape.

Thank you for all those useful infos. I'll check on his mod I just hope it's not a mess like Unlimited companion framework ?

I'm a bit confuse about how to dismiss her properly without breaking the system, is it better to dismiss via holotape or by dialog? Because I'm sure to have read somewhere here someone recommending to dismiss via holotape and not dialog ?

Wow at her very first dialog she asked the first form question and my only answers available were:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

Is this XDI causing this? I simply can't play without it because FDI has still this "lookup failed" problem which at my knowledge is not resolved yet! ?

2 hours ago, nabnab said:

Thank you for all those useful infos. I'll check on his mod I just hope it's not a mess like Unlimited companion framework ?

I'm a bit confuse about how to dismiss her properly without breaking the system, is it better to dismiss via holotape or by dialog? Because I'm sure to have read somewhere here someone recommending to dismiss via holotape and not dialog ?

Wow at her very first dialog she asked the first form question and my only answers available were:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

Is this XDI causing this? I simply can't play without it because FDI has still this "lookup failed" problem which at my knowledge is not resolved yet! ?

I use FDI and also this http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26575?tab=description.

Edited by JMccovery
3 hours ago, nabnab said:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, XDI breaks Companion Ivy. What I mean by "breaks" is that Ivy is now broken and cannot be fixed (in that save). The scripts that get triggered into the save are permanent.

If you must have XDI, then your best bet is to remove Ivy,

If you can live without XDI, then you need to remove it and start a fresh game from the beginning.

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, bishlapped said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, XDI breaks Companion Ivy. What I mean by "breaks" is that Ivy is now broken and cannot be fixed (in that save). The scripts that get triggered into the save are permanent.

If you must have XDI, then your best bet is to remove Ivy,

If you can live without XDI, then you need to remove it and start a fresh game from the beginning.

I see well thank you for the infos, this is unfortunate but I'm gonna wait next version hoping mod author will work on compatibility with XDI since a lot of people are using it and became an absolute necessity ?

Anyway thank you for your help really appreciated ?

You mean to say the XDI guys need to fix THEIR shit, I assume.

I'm DONE bending backwards for old incompatible and abandoned frameworks like XDI.
(literally 'done' as I made Ivy 6.0 compatible with it by taking out all shared player dialogue :D ).

Use FDI or go vanilla for 5.3.

Good news front: Ivy 6.0 is compatible with XDI and should be released before '22. ;)

Edited by Reginald_001
6 hours ago, nabnab said:

I see well thank you for the infos, this is unfortunate but I'm gonna wait next version hoping mod author will work on compatibility with XDI since a lot of people are using it and became an absolute necessity ?

Anyway thank you for your help really appreciated ?

Just to be clear, This isn't Ivy that is incompatible. This is XDI. Mods like XDI and AFT use their own scripting. The problem is, the authors wrote the scripts that replace FO4 framework scripts with their own. This breaks FO4 permanently. Because once these mod's scripts are activated. The FO4 framework scripts are forever overwritten. 

Ivy or no Ivy, your game is broken. With XDI, even without Ivy, Any other mod that uses shared dialogue is not going to work correctly.  

In order for @Reginald_001 to make Ivy XDI compatible, he has to rewrite every line of text in her dialogue that is part of a shared library,  

Why Should one author be expected to change how they create mods because of a different author's shortcomings? Especially when doing so breaks from how the game was initially written, (Excepting cases where the original game is flawed of course)

Edited by Guest
42 minutes ago, Mercenary666 said:

Amen. +1

It's sad, because Players are told not to use the other mods. And players walk away blaming @Reginald_001 like it's his fault and he needs to fix it....

These players should go read The XDI issue tracker thread (Below). Then come back and explain to Reg what he needs to fix. 

(I'll even help with that.....)

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216/?tab=forum&topic_id=6057773

What's this? You're Fucked?....Yep, pretty much

image.png.3c2ab8472f7273b807b56fadd80e687c.png

AFT's is even worse.

Edited by Guest

what follower overhaul mod is recommended since AFT is bad and XDI might be compatible in the future? or would it be best to stick with games original? Thank you for you time.

I currently have AFT installed and didnt realize it was an issue till i came back and read DO NOT RUN WITH AFT. Im about to uninstall AFT and do a fresh start. 

1 hour ago, Kriv_D_Norixius said:

what follower overhaul mod is recommended since AFT is bad and XDI might be compatible in the future? or would it be best to stick with games original? Thank you for you time.

I currently have AFT installed and didnt realize it was an issue till i came back and read DO NOT RUN WITH AFT. Im about to uninstall AFT and do a fresh start. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829

@Reginald_001 has written a small little mod that allows for an extra follower that was designed specifically for Ivy. This is not impacted by Everyone's best friend. So you can have Dogmeat, Ivy and one more.

It's avilable in his Discord channel.

19 hours ago, bishlapped said:

Just to be clear, This isn't Ivy that is incompatible. This is XDI. Mods like XDI and AFT use their own scripting. The problem is, the authors wrote the scripts that replace FO4 framework scripts with their own. This breaks FO4 permanently. Because once these mod's scripts are activated. The FO4 framework scripts are forever overwritten. 

Ivy or no Ivy, your game is broken. With XDI, even without Ivy, Any other mod that uses shared dialogue is not going to work correctly.  

In order for @Reginald_001 to make Ivy XDI compatible, he has to rewrite every line of text in her dialogue that is part of a shared library,  

Why Should one author be expected to change how they create mods because of a different author's shortcomings? Especially when doing so breaks from how the game was initially written, (Excepting cases where the original game is flawed of course)

I have no clue what you are talking about man all my other companion mods are working perfectly fine with XDI ? Dialogues in general are displaying and working fine too ?

Well mod author just informed us that there will be a XDI compatibilty so that was not impossible after all for talented modders like this ?

23 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

You mean to say the XDI guys need to fix THEIR shit, I assume.

I'm DONE bending backwards for old incompatible and abandoned frameworks like XDI.
(literally 'done' as I made Ivy 6.0 compatible with it by taking out all shared player dialogue :D ).

Use FDI or go vanilla for 5.3.

Good news front: Ivy 6.0 is compatible with XDI and should be released before '22. ;)

Thank you for bringing good news, I tried to contact you but cannot send you any PM ?

3 hours ago, nabnab said:

I have no clue what you are talking about man all my other companion mods are working perfectly fine with XDI ? Dialogues in general are displaying and working fine too ?

Well mod author just informed us that there will be a XDI compatibilty so that was not impossible after all for talented modders like this ?

Yet you still don't understand the undertaking you (And many others) have foisted upon @Reginald_001 because you insist on using a broken mod and then come to this forum to complain about how "Ivy won't talk to me."  You can't go 3 consecutive pages in this....what will soon be near 100 page thread, without someone complaining about issues resulting from using the mods on the DO NOT USE list. Hours and hours of responding to the same posts over and over and over, OR.....hours and hours of re writing Ivy's (Already written and functioning) dialogue. Choose your poison I guess. Do you realize that Ivy's current version has over seven thousand lines of dialogue? 6.0 has even more. Do you realize how much work it took for him to resolve XDI incompatibility? Can you not see his tone when talking about XDI issues? Or do you only care about getting what works for you? That's the only reason he's making Ivy compatible with XDI, To cut down on the time wasted effort dealing with these pointless posts. 

It only makes me wonder just HOW MUCH BETTER Ivy could have turned out if @Reginald_001 had all those hours back if people could only RTFM.

Edited by Guest

From my part, i'm happy. A great companion addition. The only "cons" is the player's character's limited ability to respond verbally; but, hey, it must be a huge work with verbal synthetizor and so on, so not a real complain :)

Keep on goin' to improve your work, it's a masterpiece Reginald_001

Note: Totally agree with bishlapped -> RTFM

On 8/31/2021 at 11:45 PM, bishlapped said:

You can use her controller holotape to disable her teleport function. She teleports to you when you get to far away, however, this function is not dependent on her being your active follower. They are configured separately. If you just shut it off, she will stop. 

Disable her Warp Teleport under Follower Preferences from here....

image.png.a2a49b44da5ec65f6b3a623b3c8d1e99.png

Oh thanks for the help man.

OMG ! I've completed the "into the deep" quest, and I freaking loved it even with such disturbing events, shit, she endured a lot of pain ... that's why you can't but love her even more. I tell you good sir, your mod is a masterpiece and I'm far , I'm sure, from playing all the content: top notch scripting, top notch storyline, and with it installed you attain the paroxysm of sexiness !!! Kudos for you mate !

Here's my Ivy in front of Diamond City entrance, sorry if you don't enjoy it but I love humongous funbags...

20210905001741_1.jpg