I'm an old time gamer and downloaded this on a whim, thinking, OK, maybe this will add something interesting to my game. I can't thank you enough or express how profound an impact Ivy had on me - don't care if it sounds silly. This really made me think about things (in the game and other places) and I'm grateful for that. Thank you for this wonderfully tragic yet relatable character. 

2 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Ahh... By the way, healthy vaginas don't smell like fish. That's actually an offensive and sexist presumption. I'm hoping you could change lines that allude to that, maybe use "musky" or such instead?

1 hour ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I don't get it. Are you... invoking your right to solidify sexist presumptions?

If you think that's 'sexist' or if you think that I'm 'sexist' then you haven't been paying attention.

And all that assumption on your end means that you need to do your fucking homework, before slandering me or Ivy in that manner.

Number 6 reason for a 'fishy' vagina smell:

https://flo.health/menstrual-cycle/health/symptoms-and-diseases/fishy-vaginal-odor

Please go tell Flo Health they're being sexist as well.

Be happy I responded this kindly.

I don't take kindly to blackmail, nor threats and ultimatums and passive aggressive attacks like yours just now, I respond in kind without veil.

Now pay fucking attention and say something sane or stop wasting my time and more importantly my energy.

15 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

If you think that's 'sexist' or if you think that I'm 'sexist' then you haven't been paying attention.

And all that assumption on your end means that you need to do your fucking homework, before slandering me or Ivy in that manner.

Number 6 reason for a 'fishy' vagina smell:

https://flo.health/menstrual-cycle/health/symptoms-and-diseases/fishy-vaginal-odor

Please go tell Flo Health they're being sexist as well.

Be happy I responded this kindly.

I don't take kindly to blackmail, nor threats and ultimatums and passive aggressive attacks like yours just now, I respond in kind without veil.

Now pay fucking attention and say something sane or stop wasting my time and more importantly my energy.

If that's the case, then why hasn't she ever mention smegma under foreskin? Because men aren't realistically going to get circumcised in a post-apocalyptic fallout wasteland, and they sure as hell aren't hygienic, or are you going to make up an excuse for that? Either you get both sides, or neither, otherwise you're doing nothing but doubling down on double-standards.

5 minutes ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

If that's the case, then why hasn't she ever mention smegma under foreskin? Because men aren't realistically going to get circumcised in a post-apocalyptic fallout wasteland, and they sure as hell aren't hygienic, or are you going to make up an excuse for that? Either you get both sides, or neither, otherwise you're doing nothing but doubling down on double-standards.

That's what she likes. She tells you what she likes.

Also.. she says the same thing about smelly fishy cocks when the player is male.

image.png.1570066971a32efda418308fb9a41d5d.png

Are you insane?

5 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

That's what she likes. She tells you what she likes.

Also.. she says the same thing about smelly fishy cocks when the player is male.

image.png.1570066971a32efda418308fb9a41d5d.png

Are you insane?

I play a female character. I'd never play a male character. And I don't recall her ever mentioning smegma. If she has, then I sincerely apologize, but I currently have no proof of that.

6 minutes ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I play a female character. I'd never play a male character. And I don't recall her ever mentioning smegma. If she has, then I sincerely apologize, but I currently have no proof of that.

So what you're saying is, that your opinion of all of this being sexist, and me being sexist, depends on Ivy mentioning the term smegma?

You know what I see?

I see a mod user that got something for free, had a problem with it, came here asking for help, screaming in big orange letters for help. Then the game testers and awesome community here that was built up around Ivy helped you out immediately to get beyond your problem.

But then you chose to be a fucking dick.

20 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

So what you're saying is, that your opinion of all of this being sexist, and me being sexist, depends on Ivy mentioning the term smegma?

You know what I see?

I see a mod user that got something for free, had a problem with it, came here asking for help, screaming in big orange letters for help. Then the game testers and awesome community here that was built up around Ivy helped you out immediately to get beyond your problem.

But then you chose to be a fucking dick.

You know what happened? I saw a potential problem, informed you of said problem, and I got a fucking Star Trek video that I couldn't interpret beyond maybe "Freedom of speech, bitch."? All I saw was references to women being dirty, and nothing about men being dirty, and I thought, "Hey, that's a bit lopsided, and all things considered, maybe I should ask to have it evened out." Then you, as I said, sent me a confusing video instead of plainly saying something like, "Hey, it's because of poor hygiene, and men suffer from the same thing, so it's all cool! (thumbs up emoji or whatever)" So no, I'm not being a dick, I am reacting poorly to a message that was so poorly conveyed, all I could do was perceive it as a clap back.

24 minutes ago, sfeile said:

That sounds like a sexist remark.

How? Not that it's any of your business, but I don't like playing male characters because I can't project myself onto them or relate to them, not to mention how oversaturated media is with male protagonists. Not a lot of heroines for women to look up to.

21 minutes ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

You know what happened? I saw a potential problem, informed you of said problem, and I got a fucking Star Trek video that I couldn't interpret beyond maybe "Freedom of speech, bitch."? All I saw was references to women being dirty, and nothing about men being dirty, and I thought, "Hey, that's a bit lopsided, and all things considered, maybe I should ask to have it evened out." Then you, as I said, sent me a confusing video instead of plainly saying something like, "Hey, it's because of poor hygiene, and men suffer from the same thing, so it's all cool! (thumbs up emoji or whatever)" So no, I'm not being a dick, I am reacting poorly to a message that was so poorly conveyed, all I could do was perceive it as a clap back.

How? Not that it's any of your business, but I don't like playing male characters because I can't project myself onto them or relate to them, not to mention how oversaturated media is with male protagonists. Not a lot of heroines for women to look up to.

You're being a dick because you started calling me sexist.

And have no reason to do so.

It also shows me that you didn't get anything about Ivy's personality or what she conveys. It all went right over your head.

So any 'advice' you can keep.

6 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

You're being a dick because you started calling me sexist.

And have no reason to do so.

It also shows me that you didn't get anything about Ivy's personality or what she conveys. It all went right over your head.

So any 'advice' you can keep.

I clearly didn't call you sexist at the start, I was kindly pointing out a potentially sexist move. In the end, I wouldn't have called you sexist if you spoke plainly, instead of being a confusing twit. Ever consider that? I'm not at fault here.

And besides, this isn't about Ivy herself, it's the lore you set up about the world through her.

8 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

That's actually an offensive and sexist presumption.

You did come off as a jerk here and it reads that you are calling Reg sexist because he is the one that wrote the story and the lines. This is where the defensive attitude was triggered.

4 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I don't get it. Are you... invoking your right to solidify sexist presumptions?

3 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Either you get both sides, or neither, otherwise you're doing nothing but doubling down on double-standards.

Now you are "presuming" that it is all one sided without looking into anything further. Not asking if it was across the board, just "doubling down" on assuming and arguing.

I'd never play a male character.

How? Not that it's any of your business,

The first line comes across as you having an issue with males or male characters. After the ranting you have just done about equality and not singling out one sex, you come across as pretty clear that you are singling one out over the other for whatever reason. Kind of goes against your ranting.

And it actually is a bit my business, as it is of every other modder and user who visits this or any site. When someone attacks a person who has put many many hours into creating something to share with the community without expecting anything in return because their feelings are hurt, some of us get upset. That kind of behavior makes modders want to hide behind paywalls or quit altogether.

I can't mod for shit, but my wife quit for the same types of reasons. It hurts the community as a whole to sit back and let someone carry on with that kind of behavior.

Whether you meant to be an ass or not, I don't know. The way it translated into text came across as you were. If you weren't, think about how something will be read before you type it. If you were, go find another mod that doesn't offend you.

After some pretty intense discussions about Ivy in Reg's discord Chanel, one thing is clear. Ivy is supposed to be a personality born out of trauma. And Reg has done a lot of research on the topics of personality disorders and wrote Ivy accordingly. Her personality is not off the cuff. A lot of homework went into her lines and how she reacts.

Ivy represents the ultimate fantasy. In saving her, she also saves you.

I guess, if you want a trip to Disneyland with a companion, there is always Vilja.

6 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I clearly didn't call you sexist at the start, I was kindly pointing out a potentially sexist move. In the end, I wouldn't have called you sexist if you spoke plainly, instead of being a confusing twit. Ever consider that? I'm not at fault here.

And besides, this isn't about Ivy herself, it's the lore you set up about the world through her.

Please don't come on to a board like this and try to virtue signal by attacking the author and the way he wants to make his free mod. If you don't like it, then just don't play with it.

There are enough people complaining about paid games without you coming and harassing someone who is kind enough to share their mod with you.

I just wanted to say thanks to Reg, the constant stream of people whining about how they want you to meet every one of their expectations or how it broke their game or asking if their problem with AFT can be fixed must be truly exhausting. Most people just play and appreciate and sometimes it's nice to be reminded of that. So again, thank you.

14 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Ahh... By the way, healthy vaginas don't smell like fish. That's actually an offensive and sexist presumption. I'm hoping you could change lines that allude to that, maybe use "musky" or such instead?

If it smells like fish it's a tasty dish, if it smells like cologne leave it alone  ; )

Yeah that video went right over their heads. ?

The fun in this subject is over. I don't take kindly to being called a sexist. I take even less kindly to censorship or people suggesting I change lines because they are 'offended' by them. FUCK YOUR OFFENSE: I revel in it.

Any other responses regarding this subject will be reported as trolling.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:33 AM, Reginald_001 said:

AAaannd I'm done with this. (No disrespect meant to anyone!)

But in 6.0 Ivy will completely cease to function when: AFT / UCF OR XDI is installed. You will not even FIND her. Instead a pop up will inform you of this incompatibility.

Version 6 now offers a compatibility check and automated mod support.

when will 6.0 be released, and will her voice be fixed by then so its not so robot like?