The Selachii - Shark Race FO4 - OUTDATED

View File

SelachiiText_RESIZE.png

SelachiiLogoBTex_RESIZE.png

Description:

This mod adds a playable anthropomorphic shark race with fully animated headparts and some customization options.

REQUIREMENTS:

--- F4SE
--- Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-
--- LooksMenu

CUSTOM HAIR REQUIREMENTS:

(Required for the custom Azar and KS hairs included with the race to work; otherwise, they will be missing materials and textures)

--- Ponytail Hairstyles by Azar
--- Commonwealth Cuts
--- KS Hairdos – Addon with Physics

GEAR PLUGIN REQUIREMENTS:

--- Eyewear and Mask Retexture

Race Information:

"Originally envisioned as part of the European Commonwealth's HELIX Research Project, the Selachii are a bioengineered species of anthropomorphic sharks meant to operate on coastal and maritime environments for military and eventually civilian purposes. Most Selachii found roaming the wastelands are pureblood descendants of the original project subjects that escaped and carved their livelihood out of the chaos unleashed over the world after the bombs, but rumor goes there is a special variant of the Forced Evolutionary Virus capable of transforming any (un)lucky human host into a Selachii themselves... provided they survive the transformation."

WATERBREATHING:
Selachii can breathe underwater, which gives them the same effect as the Rank 1 of AquaBoy/Girl but lacking the water rad resistance. AquaBoy/Girl is still required for proper marine navigation unless a Hazmat suit or another rad-resistant gear or consumable is used.

Make sure to check out Kuroyami's blog for info on the mod, the race's lore, planned and existing characters/quests, etc:

PROJECT HELIX – SELACHII DIVISION

Notes for Character Creation:

--- The “Eye Type” options for eye size will fail to apply to the eye meshes themselves when selecting them the first time. Opening the Eye color option list and browsing through some of them should reload the eye meshes and force them to apply the morphs as intended.

--- Female Selachii will use a custom body with beast feet by default, customizable through a Bodyslide set and with both nude and nevernude options available. By using LooksMenu's “Skin” submenu in the “Body” tab (with the vanilla body shape selector triangle), it is possible to select a skin with “human feet” instead. It should be noted that this option simply forces the player to use the default/vanilla female body path (meshes\actors\character\characterassets\FemaleBody.nif), so they will use the same nude body as humans do.

Recommended Mods:

--- Start Me Up - Alternate Start and Dialogue Overhaul by TinyManticore: SMU is strongly recommended, in order to prevent the game's plot and dialogue from going completely haywire due to the change to the player's species. To do so, simply choose one of the starts as a random wastelander that removes any mentions to the PC being related to Shaun and having lived pre-War.

(It should be noted that while SMU is still not a hard requirement and the mod should work without it, the tests on a 100% vanilla start have been minimal and there could be some weirdness involved).

--- BodyTalk2 - The Extended Skeleton Edition by TheBottomhoodofSteel or alternatively Enhanced Vanilla Bodies by Leito86: male Selachii textures are compatible with the vanilla male body UV so a male body replacer is not required to use the mod, but using BT2 or EVB is strongly recommended to ensure there's no issues with male bodies and they work as intended.

Known Issues:

--- The tail may spazz out and get stuck in a weird/distorted position, especially after using some crafting workbenches or furniture. Simply open and close the PipBoy and the tail should go back to normal.

Future Plans:

--- Any requests I like and I have the skills to fulfil will probably be done, though I can't promise anything.
--- If not posted here, possible WIPs and ideas may be posted in the thread itself.

Files:

--- Shark Race FO4 v1.0 - MAIN - FOMOD: Main file of the mod, includes both the base race files and the vanilla Gear refits plugin packed in a FOMOD installer for ease of use; manual install should still be pretty straightforward. REQUIRED

--- Shark Race FO4 v1.0 - Cait Replacer: small proof-of-concept plugin that turns Cait into a Selachii, will conflict with any other mod or plugin that edits Cait's NPC record. Requires the main race ESM but can be used without the SharkPlayer plugin (i.e. the PC does not need to be a Selachii to use this). WIP.

Shark Overlays Extension:

SharkOverlaysBanner

You probably saw this coming.

by ASlySpyDuo

Includes 2 options for stripe overlays, thick and thin. Female only. Needs the main race mod to be enabled in order to load, but is not Selachii-exclusive; should work on humans, Vulpines or any other playable races as well as long as they use CBBE bodies.

Install with your favorite mod manager, can be found under body -> overlays -> (Shark) Thin/Thick Stripes.

A note about LooksMenu limitations and overlays:

Spoiler

And now the bad news: while working on these and face tints, I kept hitting a wall after wall on LooksMenu limitations so these will most likely be the only ones I'll do and this might as well be considered final release.

The limitations for overlays being:

- Overlays only work on body, hands and feet

- Overlays cannot be tinted

- Overlay opacity cannot be changed

- Overlays can only be grayscale

- Overlays can only have color as glowmap and that has to be defined in the material itself, no ingame adjustments

Oh, but what about the head ones? LooksMenu can only inject new tints, not add overlays for head and even that has one major limitation which is why I can't do that for sharks: the head diffuse absolutely has to be in DXT5 format, otherwise injected tints will not work at all.

Why is this a problem? The head diffuse is uncompressed since it is mostly gray, compressing that to DXT5 would introduce green tint across the whole diffuse because 6bit green is a great idea, which is a giant no-no, so I cannot add any new ones via that method.

All of this can pretty much be summed into "LooksMenu has lots of potential but was left stillborn and I don't want to touch it anymore."

Changelog:

V1.0

--- Initial Release

Credits and Thanks:

V1.0 CREDITS

NightroModzz for the original shark head mesh and the FO4 refit.

Kuroyami for several major contributions to the mod.

ASlySpyDuo for the overlays and for awesome shark pics.

BadDog for the beast feet and help with the mod.

Tail Blehczar for the Freckles overlay and help with the mod.

MadMansGun for porting the tail meshes and help with the mod.

blabba for CITRUS Heads.

HHaleyy for Fair Skin Complexion.

Caliente and Ousnius for Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-.

Leito86 for Enhanced Vanilla Bodies.

TheBottomhoodofSteel, TrophiHunter and the rest of the authors for BodyTalk2 - The Extended Skeleton Edition.

azarkiowa for Ponytail Hairstyles.

Kalilies, Stealthic and the rest of the authors for KS Hairdos.

oeliza for the FO4 port of KS Hairs with Physics.

liambutt for Sleek Styles - a Hairstyle Pack.

nevenbridge81 for Natural Eyes.

Dark1Nova for Elegant Beauty Stunning Eyes.

AyyRofLmao for the original Sharkmer Race.

thesholintiger and Force2013 for the original tail and back fin meshes for the Sharkmer Race

BeardofSocrates, ExceptionGate and RussianPrince for the Vulpine Race.

Elianora for the Hawke Bloodsmear face paint reference.

Aubri, Monno and highhthere for Monno's Bikini - CBBE - BodySlide.

Castell for Eyewear and mask retexture.

Note: according to permissions, everything here should be fine, but if any author wants me to remove their assets from this file for some reason or to edit the credit section, just let me know and I will comply as soon as possible.

5 minutes ago, Dagon123 said:

So I guess now time to uninstall the vulpine fox race and use this one now well have to anyway since them both will be incompatible with each other

You can have both race plugins (the ESMs) enabled and loaded at the same time, but obviously you can only have one player race changer at a time, so you will have to disable the "VulpinePlayer" plugin and enable the "SharkPlayer" one instead.

Noah Fence

I'd love to know why I'm not credited for any of the BT assets you used/included (Without permission at that) , especially when you did use the base BT textures without my permission or even a heads up, then had the audacity to snub me entirely... 

Also if you're gonna use the base textures at least use the 4K ones... jesus

2 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

oh no, it's the Sharkpocalypse. :tounge_wink:

Next thing you know, you'll see them in other Tamriellic provinces, or maybe Appalachia.

Probably not, actually. Anyway....

A few basic story points the mod is going to add to the game. Some of these may or may not change.

-The Helix Project - The main focus/storyline of the mod, which means to lead the player into finding out what went into the Project, at least for the Selachii Division. Vulpines are suggested to be created as part of the same project, though they are unlikely to appear in this mod, beyond certain mentions of that side of the project. As the blog suggests, the story will involve the lead scientist heading the work on the Sharks, and what happened to the facility pre and post war. 

-The Vorpal Gang - A mafia style group that existed for over two centuries, beginning at the end of the 1800s in London. Taking much from the most famous work of Lewis Carrol, the group only increased in power over the years. While not strictly anarchist, it worked under the idea that, when the system fails, something else needs to pick up that slack. Who is to manage that? Some elected official who might not have aligned interests with the problem? Or one, that has a better interest in doing nothing, because it is seen as the correction of a problem in spite of the obvious suffering that goes on. Otherwise, the group eventually moved stateside, and had some investment into many businesses on he east coast. Including the majority of the ones prominent in Boston. By 2077, the group is very well known in the area, for good and for bad. It is in this year that the group is meant to crown it's new Queen, and rather than the official ceremony usually conducted, circumstances made that impossible. For the two current leaders fall, and the next to be crowned, has one way to truly survive the coming fire, and continue her legacy.

-Vault 125(BACKSTORY ONLY) - A Vault built to service the rich of Long Island, it was far beyond the level of technology used in other vaults - nearly everything was automated, including receiving deliveries of supplies from a warehouse some miles away. Behind the scenes, it was to function as a Control Vault, for 25 years. After this,....[UNEXPECTED END OF RECORD]

-Nuka World Visitors - Three new visitors to the theme park, each having a unique story - one of them was involved briefly with the Helix Project, the other was discharged from the Navy, and the last...appears to never have been human at all. 

-Residents of the Harbor - Two unrelated characters. One has roamed the island for quite a long time, and mostly prefers staying at the Eden Meadows Cinemas. The other, rests near the waters blessed by Atom, and will note that among the Children, she is greatly respected, even to the point of being worshiped by some, even though she does not wish it. 

ok so far im liking it the shark mod a bit other then mot much morphs for the face unless there is none or im missing something also when its raining i know fallout has a wet system when its raining even on the skin now i like the wet skin in normal fallout even on skin but the shark well skin when raining has no wet shine at all like at all i know the vulpine had a bit of wet shin on the fur when raining but the shark seems to have none and i know it has a S.dd in the folder for the shark but is there like no wet rain shine?

3 hours ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

It's not listed as a requirement so I assume I don't need a male body replacer right?

The textures should be compatible with both Enhanced Vanilla Bodies and BodyTalk2 (as well as any derivative of those), but they should also work on the vanilla male body so that's why none of them are listed as a "hard" requirement for the mod.

Worst thing that can happen if you use the vanilla male body is that male Selachii get a featureless "naked" crotch when using the vanilla body as IIRC the vanilla human textures have painted-on underwear that will obviously be missing from the shark textures, But there shouldn't be any bugs or glaring issues with it so that's why I didn't add any as a requirement.

Anyway, I modified the description to add this info, should make it clear more or less now.

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

as far as i know it's using/comes with Leito86's mesh.

It doesn't come with any meshes so it will use whatever male body replacer is installed for all NPCs. And in any case Leito's UV is mostly cross-compatible with both BT2 and vanilla as mentioned above, so that wouldn't be a problem even if it did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of male assets, after discussing the matter with TBOS turns out there has been some mixup with the source assets for them indeed and I wrongly credited Leito's EVB alone while I actually used assets from BodyTalk2 as well. I've already changed the Credits section to reflect that so I hope the issue is solved now.

6 minutes ago, phillipswilliam92 said:

so I read the discription and I have one question. Can we use the special variant of FEV to transform followers or other NPC's into Selachii?

That's just a quick mention of it to introduce the planned lore and some of the characters for the future/upcoming NPC/Quests plugin, it does not exist ingame (at least not for now).

It is true the IKAROS android race uses a similar method code-wise (a "nanite-powered transformation" triggered by a holotape) to change the player's race instead of just editing the race in their base game data (as this mod does with the "SharkPlayer" plugin), so I may look into the way they did that and try to implement something similar if possible.

Chances are even if I did manage to add it, it would only work on the player and not on NPCs, though. But I guess I won't know for sure until I check.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

That's just a quick mention of it to introduce the planned lore and some of the characters for the future/upcoming NPC/Quests plugin, it does not exist ingame (at least not for now).

It is true the IKAROS android race uses a similar method code-wise (a "nanite-powered transformation" triggered by a holotape) to change the player's race instead of just editing the race in their base game data (as this mod does with the "SharkPlayer" plugin), so I may look into the way they did that and try to implement something similar if possible.

Chances are even if I did manage to add it, it would only work on the player and not on NPCs, though. But I guess I won't know for sure until I check.

You can all so look into Christopher4684"s Sanguinaire (revised edition), which uses a FEV  serum to transform The PC and NPC into Vampires. The Lore for your mod and his sound a lot alike.  All so is their any way to remove the tail? If not no biggie, and is their some sort of bite attack like the one the Selachii use in Skyrim and if so how do you use it? 

shark race in Fallout 4?!!? :D:O

that is really awesome. A early christmas present :D Really appreciated on the work you guys did, blaze :D 

Did anyone made a mod that converts the game human NPCs into sharks?

I could help out and contribute by making a mod like that. I only know the basics only though in FO4edit and some in creation kit. 

39 minutes ago, phillipswilliam92 said:

You can all so look into Christopher4684"s Sanguinaire (revised edition), which uses a FEV  serum to transform The PC and NPC into Vampires. The Lore for your mod and his sound a lot alike.

I will have to check that mod too, but I've run some tests on the concept already and I've hit a snag that will probably keep it from happening altogether, unfortunately.

I've managed to set up a script that changes the player's race to Selachii and properly removes all previous head parts (human or otherwise) while at it, but the process causes the hair to bug out and either keeps the one from before the transformation (which obviously won't fit the shark heads 99% of the time) or gets locked into whichever option I force it to in the script with no option to change it afterwards in LooksMenu. Usually both at the same time, i.e. the pre-transformation hair gets stuck and can't be changed afterwards.

That "issue" actually works just fine in the case of the IKAROS race because it's supposed to keep the pre-transformation human hair in the first place anyway (and that's also why they didn't look into a fix for it), but after trying to fix it myself I've come to the conclusion it's either an engine bug/limitation or it requires some special F4SE script voodoo or whatever that's out of my reach.

All so is their any way to remove the tail? If not no biggie

Not permanently, but there's a "Shark Tail Hider" item that should do the trick if you want. Should be craftable at the Chemistry bench with some adhesive and/or duct tape (can't remember which). There's a Fin Hider item too, in case it's of use as well.

(I should update the description with this info at some point, dunno how I missed it the first time around)

is their some sort of bite attack like the one the Selachii use in Skyrim and if so how do you use it? 

Nope, unfortunately. In the case of Skyrim it was pretty easy to "highjack" the shouting system and animations and simply make a "shout" with a very short range that passed as a bite attack, but since FO4 doesn't have anything close to that I'm afraid the bite won't happen in here.

I may consider adding a melee/unarmed damage buff (because while we don't have the assets for it yet, FO4 Selachii are meant to have claws like Skyrim ones do), but chances are that's as far as racial abilities will go.

17 minutes ago, Rogelio11 said:

Did anyone made a mod that converts the game human NPCs into sharks?

I could help out and contribute by making a mod like that. I only know the basics only though in FO4edit and some in creation kit. 

Someone already did something like that for the Vulpine Race, so I don't see why it couldn't be done for this one as well. I do have to say the Vulpine NPC replacer was pretty buggy AFAIK, so it may not work out that well, but still.

I won't be making a NPC replacer myself, but feel free to make one yourself and post it if you manage to get it to work.

23 minutes ago, D C said:

Also anyway to get more wet texture

Tried asking that and was wondering that too as when it rains in fallout 4 I really don't see any wet affect on the shark skin and a wet affect for this race would be nice when raining I know the other humans get wet when raining and show well but not the shark skin don't show really at all I know the same thing happened with the vulpine race when raining is was not really wet showing only a small damp on the fur but only like when looking into light 

38 minutes ago, D C said:

Digigrade feet in future???

Probably not, unfortunately. Would require either a brand new body that would be incompatible with any existing/normal outfits, or a skeleton edit like Bad Dog did for Skyrim. The former I could do, but would be too much of a compatibility nightmare to even bother; the latter I can't do, and while BD may be able to, he isn't planning to touch FO4 anytime soon, if ever, so that's a no-go as well.

And is there any way for a slim and longer snout

Can be done, but would take quite some work.

All the chargen sliders from Skyrim are actually available in the game, but since nobody bothered telling Bethesda the "bone-based" chargen system they were working on for the player was absolute crap, they disabled chargen morphs for the player and only left them enabled for NPCs. There are still some leftover ways to access the morphs for the player, but it can't be changed ingame; best you can do is figure out which slider value combination you like by playing around with the NPC editor in the CK and then make a face shape preset with it applied so it can be loaded in LooksMenu.

I may actually give a shot at making some presets like "long snout", "short snout", "wide chin" and stuff to replace the current WIP shape options (which are leftovers from Skyrim's Argonians and look like crap), but no promises so far.

TL;DR: not right now, maybe in the future.

Also anyway to get more wet texture

Main way would be to edit the specular texture to increase the shine, so unless you know your way around texture editing and the way speculars work in FO4, there isn't any easy way. Only alternative I can think of would be to check the ENB menu (if you use ENB) and see if there's any setting that can be cranked up to increase specular on bodies.

37 minutes ago, phillipswilliam92 said:

Bummer about the bite attack, but as for the claws might I suggest looking at HN66s and Xazomns French Nails on nexus they have a set of nails that look like razer sharp claws. 

I just checked the mod, but those still look like fake pasted-on nails, so I'll pass. If I do claws, it would be something like Bad Dog's clawed hand meshes and not just long human nails. Thanks for the suggestion anyway, though.

7 minutes ago, Dagon123 said:

Tried asking that and was wondering that too as when it rains in fallout 4 I really don't see any wet affect on the shark skin and a wet affect for this race would be nice when raining I know the other humans get wet when raining and show well but not the shark skin don't show really at all I know the same thing happened with the vulpine race when raining is was not really wet showing only a small damp on the fur but only like when looking into light 

The "wet effect" material used for Selachii and Vulpines is the same as the one used for humans as far as I can tell, so the only real difference are the textures themselves. I can check just in case, but I'd say it's just the FO4 character skin shaders were never meant to be used on anything that wasn't human/didn't have human skin, so they are only fine-tuned for human skins (and even then, human skin textures are very different from the way they worked in Skyrim).