View File

Sharkmer v1.2

IMPORTANT:

---For the Vanilla, UNP, and CBBE .zips, use ONLY one
---The 'Followers' plugin adds two followers to the Bannered Mare
---The 'Default Skeletons' plugin reverts all racial features to use Skyrim's default skeletons (or whatever you have installed). Don't use this unless you REALLY need it.

Mirror:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73071

Description:

This mod adds a custom race with fully animated headparts. A follower plugin is included. You'll find two of them in the Bannered Mare.

An optional 'Default Skeletons' plugin is included for compatibility purposes. Please keep in mind that using it will disable hair/helmet fitting and ear lagbones.

Vampirism is supported, though becoming a vampire will turn your character's skin grey. A default skintone has to be selected for Skyrim's vampirism morphs to work, so I picked grey.

Recommended:

SKSE: http://skse.silverlock.org/
---Needed for a jump height fix included in this mod

Unofficial Skyrim Patch: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19
---Fixes a Dark Brotherhood Quest for custom races

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23491
---Fixes Vampire Lord Transformation

Mfg Console: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596
---Fixes player blinking

Notes for Character creation:

---Face tint sliders available: lips, cheeks, nose, eyeliner, and eyelids
---Brow type slider will add and remove earrings
---Eye Shape slider will switch between round and vertical slit pupils
---Chin sliders will control the ears

Animation Swap:

Inside your spell/powers menu you will find two lesser powers: Animation Swap (RGA) and (PCEA). RGA stands for 'Reversed Gender Animations', which will swap your animations between male and female. PCEA stands for 'Player Character Exclusive Animations' which are animations exclusive to the player. Proper use of PCEA involves installing both the actual PCEA mod and FNIS (links below). If you don't have PCEA and FNIS installed, this mod will swtich you to a set of vanilla animations included in this mod's BSA (this is to prevent crashes). To swap back to your default set of animations, simply use the Animation Swap power again.

FNIS: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811
PCEA: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14871

Load Order:

Shark Race.esp (Required)
Shark Race - Followers.esp (Optional)
Shark Race - Default Skeletons.esp (Optional, should only be used if needed)

Credits:

Head and tail meshes have been modified from originals created/provided by thesholintiger and Force2013
Feet mesh is modified from Phygit's FemFeet
Other meshes/textures - Bethesda

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/24/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

edit: also..yeah..default skeleton plugin works lovely..(sarcasm off)

Please make sure that the the default skeleton plugin is loaded AFTER the main plugin.  Also, if you are are using loose files, you'll need to delete the meshes from Meshes\1Custom\Shark Race\ as they may be overriding the fixes in the skeleton plugin.

why not use default skeleton path by default?saves work and makes it more compatible with,,everything?since ther eis no reason to not use xpmse

Hair and helmets wouldn't fit without it.  Without skeletal hair/helmet fitting, I'd have to make new meshes, new ArmorAddon entries, and then put those AA entries into all the vanilla helmet entries which would bring compatibility problems.  Also, any additional helmets modded into the game wouldn't fit.  Having custom skeletons solves all these problems at once.

Why is there a spell to reverse gender animations?

They tend to be fewer in number, but some people do prefer the male animation sets for some of their female characters.  Same with the player exclusive animations, not as widely used, but some still use it.  Having the animation swaps gives access to both.

edit: also..yeah..default skeleton plugin works lovely..(sarcasm off)

Please make sure that the the default skeleton plugin is loaded AFTER the main plugin.  Also, if you are are using loose files, you'll need to delete the meshes from Meshes\1Custom\Shark Race\ as they may be overriding the fixes in the skeleton plugin.

why not use default skeleton path by default?saves work and makes it more compatible with,,everything?since ther eis no reason to not use xpmse

Hair and helmets wouldn't fit without it.  Without skeletal hair/helmet fitting, I'd have to make new meshes, new ArmorAddon entries, and then put those AA entries into all the vanilla helmet entries which would bring compatibility problems.  Also, any additional helmets modded into the game wouldn't fit.  Having custom skeletons solves all these problems at once.

Why is there a spell to reverse gender animations?

They tend to be fewer in number, but some people do prefer the male animation sets for some of their female characters.  Same with the player exclusive animations, not as widely used, but some still use it.  Having the animation swaps gives access to both.

loadorder was correct,but i accidently deleted the bsa version and had kept the loose version under the same name,,even the one i had used for testing to keep the ck from dying *facepalms*

well,,maybe rig at least an up to date xpmse skeleton?a tons of mods depend on it afterall.xpmse 3.21 was the latest change to it i think and is indepedent of fnis esp,,this head glitch i produced also happens to any hdt vagina as your skeleton lacks the nodes,it glitches inside at least so it's less of a mess.

about the helmets..maybe argonian versions would fit even better than the khajiit ones you used?never used any helmets myself for ages,nor circlets so it's not much of an issue for me

The bite shout cause CTD at the moment is something missing?

I screwed something up.  I tried to get lipsync to work and make it look like the character is biting when the shout animation plays.  It didn't work and I just switched to a misc sound effect.  I forgot to remove the voice data from the mod, and because the bsa is compressed, it's causing the crash.  I should have a fix up in a few minutes.

• 1 month later...

I lvoe this mod but I keep getting this issue regardless of how many other mods I disable the game keeps loading your custom race up with khajiit bodies any idea why it may be doing this?

This race has a long snout, so to get skeletal helmet fitting to work properly, I set the race to copy the Khajiit's armor data so they could use their helmets.  It sounds like you're using a mod that gives Khajiits thier own unique bodies.  So, instead of just having unique helmets, it's changing a lot of other stuff too.  I've attached an alternate version of the 'Default Skeletons' plugin.  This one will swap them to the default armor sets.  Load it after the main plugin and the followers plugin (if you're using it).

Shark Race 1.2 - Default Skeletons (Def Armor Fix).zip

I really like this, at least when I don't use hair and use the black eyes; most shark like appearance.

The mouth is really well done, and the tail and all of the fin parts are really neat too. The way you did the fins and such was really clever <3

My suggestions would be to consider looking at the texture work especially on the body, and maybe adjusting the head shape a little bit. I would also suggest working on the eyes, but if the cartoon look is what you want, it's your mod and your personal preference I understand.

Thanks, I am going to follow this, hope to see more from you soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...