30 minutes ago, Mcsmigledwarf said:

it just stays a human head and looks really creepy i can change the eyes and thats about it

The likely reason is that both mods(or at least the optional replacers that make all NPCs use the AnimeRace, which you are likely using?) edit the PC's base appearances, and otherwise, if the load order you're using is set by LOOT, then the conflicting entries mean that the Anime race wins out. Probably something from this mod gets through, which goes for the creepiness. 

You could try moving the SharkPlayer.esp after the Nanako plugins, seeing if that makes the PC look as they should with this mod. 

8 hours ago, Mcsmigledwarf said:

it just stays a human head and looks really creepy i can change the eyes and thats about it

Do as Kuroyami suggested and make sure the SharkPlayer.esp plugin loads after all of the AnimeRace plugins. Also, make sure to start a new game for this, if you try to change your race in an existing game there's a very high probability of bugs like these showing up.

Otherwise, if it still doesn't work, try uninstalling/disabling the Anime Race mod and start a new game with this one. If it works fine then, that means the Anime Race is indeed incompatible with this mod as I suspected.

35 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Seems like I'm going into way different direction when playing around with FO4. ?

You mean in terms of how your playing the game(races, etc), or how you are looking at the race's origins, etc? 

If it is the later, well, I'd say the basic origins can be, a bit flexible. I do have an idea for two NPCs for Far Harbor, one of them having a relation to the Nucleus(though they are planned for another FH location). He is meant to be a high-ranked pre-war soldier who found a sample of the S-FEV(a derivative of the virus that may only be based on the FEV), and either mistakenly, or intentionally(likely in an attempt to OD) used it, as this would have been not long after 9:47 on the famous day, possibly under a few hours. 

The other is directly a Child of Atom, possibly found at the Spring. Her background is something I have not worked out yet, and that (first)image itself might be a source of inspiration for her.

2 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

You mean in terms of how your playing the game(races, etc), or how you are looking at the race's origins, etc? 

I meant mostly in what I'm doing screenarchery-wise. In Skyrim it's pinups, pinups, pinups and more pinups with maybe some pinups mixed in with pinups.

In FO4 I seem to drift into this weird 'tacticool operative' theme, not to even mention the cheesy B horror movie poster imitation I barfed up. ?

But I guess I'm playing the game way differently now that you mention it. Pretty much all my "actually played as them" characters in Skyrim ended up being stealth vampires somehow while this FO4 one is more of "there is no plan A" type with assault rifles and chems.

and that (first)image itself might be a source of inspiration for her.

Hey, if anything I come up with proves to be actually useful, that's just a giant plus so go hog wild. The outfit is The Phantom of Far Harbor in case you are interested.

1 hour ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

I meant mostly in what I'm doing screenarchery-wise. In Skyrim it's pinups, pinups, pinups and more pinups with maybe some pinups mixed in with pinups.

In FO4 I seem to drift into this weird 'tacticool operative' theme, not to even mention the cheesy B horror movie poster imitation I barfed up. ?

But I guess I'm playing the game way differently now that you mention it. Pretty much all my "actually played as them" characters in Skyrim ended up being stealth vampires somehow while this FO4 one is more of "there is no plan A" type with assault rifles and chems.

Hey, if anything I come up with proves to be actually useful, that's just a giant plus so go hog wild. The outfit is The Phantom of Far Harbor in case you are interested.

Definitely. I have seen that mod already, but now I have an excuse to use it, Although I did already do a CoA character when playing Far Harbor, I didn't take too many screenshots of her, beyond the few in my character blog. Plus, I'm thinking this time, I'm going with playing a Selachii, kind of a lead in to that mentioned character's story. 

Which means I already have a few mods that make playing such a character more authentic, such as Atom's Glory Threads, Children of Atom - Fanatic's Outfits, CROSS_Chosen_Of_Atom, etc. Some of these might not work too well with the Selachii, though, at least the masks/helmets anyway. Still, I'm probably going to use them. 

Also, since you've done some overlays for the Skyrim version, what about some for this version too? Possibly some existing symbols and such could be adapted, and likely the CoA writing or symbols(like on the CoA version of FH's Marine Armor) is probably obvious too. 

On the other side, would possibly be some more, unusual eyes for the race - maybe something like these, Super Natural Eyes Pack ( Standalone )? Maybe just the two "Rad" ones, I guess, unless the others are of interest too.

Though the only problem with a CoA run for Far Harbor is, while it seems odd, you don't get to access the settlements on the Island. Sure, I solved that with the console on the mentioned character, but I'd prefer something more in-depth in that case. Such as, being able to expand the Children's holdings on the Island by building up those settlements, etc. I'd think a lot of what would be required for it would already be in place, save for perhaps just making it so that the CoA "settlers" don't use the normal dialog lines that settlers would normally use. Overall, something for another mod, but...

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

Also, since you've done some overlays for the Skyrim version, what about some for this version too?

I've already dabbled in FO4 overlays as you can (hopefully) see from my shots - the previous ones have stripes which are overlays and the "Sea Operations" one below the poster thing has an overlay on her too.

The thing is, LooksMenu overlays are really limited compared to RaceMenu - you can't tint them and you can't change opacity, only thing you can do to them as user is move them around and that's only if they are flagged as transformable.

I've already tried porting some of mine from Skyrim to FO4 but there's also the issue that the de facto body of FO4 uses CBBE UVs (which means CBBE and Fusion Girl) while everything I did and do for Skyrim is for UNP. I've already tried baking them from UNP to CBBE but the result isn't that good so I'd have to slap them on CBBE body and fix them by hand which takes a lot of time.

The fact that you can't tint or change their opacity also kinda made me put that project off too.

LooksMenu also doesn't have face overlays at all, at best you can inject tints and if you take a look at that API, you can see why it isn't used anywhere else (or at least I didn't find any other mods using it). I did manage to make it work somehow but yeah, not really a fan of that either.

So the chances are, I'll port some that I like and maybe release them as-is but there's no promises for that either. Anything else, probably not because I'm not mad at LooksMenu, just disappoint.

Possibly some existing symbols and such could be adapted, and likely the CoA writing or symbols(like on the CoA version of FH's Marine Armor) is probably obvious too. 

I guess that could be an option indeed. Maybe as one of those "transformable" overlays (which seem to be the only improvement LooksMenu has over RaceMenu, as pretty much everything else is a downgrade).

If Sly is up for it well there you go, and if not I may be willing to give it a shot myself. No idea when or even if that would actually happen, though, so no promises.

On the other side, would possibly be some more, unusual eyes for the race - maybe something like these, Super Natural Eyes Pack ( Standalone )? Maybe just the two "Rad" ones, I guess, unless the others are of interest too.

Selachii eyes in FO4 use vanilla human eye UVs so any texture that works on humans can also work on them, though obviously a patch would need to be made that adds the textures to the proper meshes and makes them available.

8 minutes ago, Bl1nd_Eye said:

The protagonists show up headless and purple.

That means the meshes and textures are not being loaded for some reason. Someone else had the same issue before and found the way to fix it in this reddit thread: [FO4] - Meshes/Textures won't load from any mod. Check Whiskey's reply in the comments for the way to solve it.

The TL;DR is get BethINI to edit your FO4 ini files and make sure to tick the "Load Loose Files" box. Try that out and see if it helps.

I'm using Mod Organizer 2, which seems to be a mistake, if the forums are to be believed.

Well, the forums are not to be believed here. Whoever told you/lead you to believe using MO2 was wrong is seriously wrong themselves, so ignore that.

42 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Well, the forums are not to be believed here. Whoever told you/lead you to believe using MO2 was wrong is seriously wrong themselves, so ignore that.

Actually, it was the nexus forums that said that and claimed I needed to "install mod organizer outside program files", despite the fact that seems to be not...doable?  I don't know what that measn or if it was fixed (it probabaly wasn't, because bethesda) but I'm gonna try the BethINI thing, hope it's compatible with Fallout 4, and see if things work.

12 minutes ago, Bl1nd_Eye said:

Actually, it was the nexus forums that said that and claimed I needed to "install mod organizer outside program files", despite the fact that seems to be not...doable?

Ooh, that. Actually, it is both doable and the proper way to go about it. The Program Files folder has some finnicky permissions layout that may clash with games and MO sometimes, that's why it's suggested to install Steam outside of Program Files (or move the Steam game library to a different drive if you have more than one available).

You should be able to do that at least by using the standalone MO2 package and extracting the "ModOrganizer" file to wherever you want to keep it outside of Program Files. Never used the installer so I can't speak for that one but I assume it lets you pick where to install it as well.

Do note that while this is strongly recommended, it's not mandatory, so as the saying goes, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it", lol. Try with the BethINI thing and see if it helps.

Also note that while BethINI should detect MO2 and let you edit the MO2-specific INIs, it may have the default inis in My Documents selected by default so you will have to change the option and select your MO2 profile.

Alright, so I got some good news and bad news. Let's start with the good ones...

SharkStripesFO4Collage.jpg

You probably saw this coming.

2 flavors of stripes for females, thick and thin. Nothing for males since the UVs of SOS and BT2/EVB/Vanilla differ so much I'd have to redraw them from scratch (though I basically had to do the same for these).

Just install with your favorite mod manager, can be found under body -> overlays -> (Shark) Thin/Thick Stripes

Shark Overlays FO4.7z

- - - - -

And now the bad news: while working on these and face tints, I kept hitting a wall after wall on LooksMenu limitations so these will most likely be the only ones I'll do and this might as well be considered final release.

The limitations for overlays being:

- Overlays only work on body, hands and feet

- Overlays cannot be tinted

- Overlay opacity cannot be changed

- Overlays can only be grayscale

- Overlays can only have color as glowmap and that has to be defined in the material itself, no ingame adjustments

Oh, but what about the head ones? LooksMenu can only inject new tints, not add overlays for head and even that has one major limitation which is why I can't do that for sharks: the head diffuse absolutely has to be in DXT5 format, otherwise injected tints will not work at all.

Why is this a problem? The head diffuse is uncompressed since it is mostly gray, compressing that to DXT5 would introduce green tint across the whole diffuse because 6bit green is a great idea, which is a giant no-no, so I cannot add any new ones via that method.

Head tints can be added directly into race data itself and I already got DomainWolf's blessing for including the Shark Overlays warpaints and other headtints but implementing those into main release would be up to Blaze.

All of this can pretty much be summed into "LooksMenu has lots of potential but was left stillborn and I don't want to touch it anymore."

On 3/27/2020 at 12:43 AM, ASlySpyDuo said:

Who's that pokemon shark?

Xena77.jpg

Hide contents

FO4Emissary1.jpg

Looks like Emissary made her way into Commonwealth and got a haircut while at it.

FO4Emissary2.jpg

Yes, I'm having way too much fun with these silly fake posters. How could you tell?

Nice posters. Can i ask whats this armor\clothing mod?

13 minutes ago, 1Karlos1 said:

Can i ask whats this armor\clothing mod?

Titanfall 2 Pulse Blade Armor + a helmet from (IIRC) CoD Ghosts, edited to fit the shark heads. They may be available somewhere in GUN, though they will obviously be missing the shark-compatible edits.

CC_Bathtub1.png.be6608ad7666cdcbb3b4e2c71c80cb6f.png

They worshiped it, no matter if they knew it or not. A dream long in the making, centuries. But born of necessity as the world was about to face it's end. I merely follow the example of a dead world.

CC_Weapons1.png.a4c75c9ef0719c6ae306ef92130e1bb1.png

More of their...gods. Born of the earth, of this world. Taken shape into weapons of War. One that ultimately, they could not survive. These, would not help them. Perhaps I shall use them in their stead. Tame these gods of the Old World.

CC_Weapons1a.png.fa07a4473d8f9f45209ecf0f0df2768b.png

THEY ARE NOT AROUND TO CONTEST. If they still are, their Gods will KILL THEM. They sought to tame these Gods, but they failed. They did nothing but awaken instruments of their own destruction. 

CC_Bedside1.png.cacde7cd16019021cb78dd59e0586708.png

She waits at the edge of the Fog. Requires a Child of Creation, and...

Their words are...tiring. Their needs, are even worse. Pity I share so damn many of them...

On 3/27/2020 at 6:50 PM, Blaze69 said:

Ooh, that. Actually, it is both doable and the proper way to go about it. The Program Files folder has some finnicky permissions layout that may clash with games and MO sometimes, that's why it's suggested to install Steam outside of Program Files (or move the Steam game library to a different drive if you have more than one available).

You should be able to do that at least by using the standalone MO2 package and extracting the "ModOrganizer" file to wherever you want to keep it outside of Program Files. Never used the installer so I can't speak for that one but I assume it lets you pick where to install it as well.

Do note that while this is strongly recommended, it's not mandatory, so as the saying goes, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it", lol. Try with the BethINI thing and see if it helps.

Also note that while BethINI should detect MO2 and let you edit the MO2-specific INIs, it may have the default inis in My Documents selected by default so you will have to change the option and select your MO2 profile.

OK, is there a specific place I should move MO2 or something, or is there something else I'm doing wrong?  I have MO2 in my documents folder, I have the profile stuff showing up specifically in the MO2 archive, and yet none of the mods are working.  Like, at all.  I checked Load loose files, along with File selection, and CBBE still doesn't load, causing the PCs to load as purple and headless.  No idea what I'm missing here.

EDIT: I should also mention all my ESMs are greyed out.  Not sure if this has anything to do with anything.

6 hours ago, Bl1nd_Eye said:

OK, is there a specific place I should move MO2 or something, or is there something else I'm doing wrong?  I have MO2 in my documents folder, I have the profile stuff showing up specifically in the MO2 archive, and yet none of the mods are working.  Like, at all.  I checked Load loose files, along with File selection, and CBBE still doesn't load, causing the PCs to load as purple and headless.  No idea what I'm missing here.

From what it sounds like, you don't have the Configuration(.ini) edits needed for replaced or custom assets to be loaded in-game. 

To add this, click the puzzle piece icon in MO2's toolbar, and then click the only option, Ini Editor. You should then see a window open, with three tabs, Fallout4.ini, Fallout4Prefs.ini, and Fallout4Custom.ini. Click the Fallout4Custom.ini tab, and then add the below text...

Spoiler

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

You can then click the Save button at the bottom, and use the red X to close the window. If you can load your game, and if using an existing save or a new game, you should see this mod's assets get loaded properly.

6 hours ago, Bl1nd_Eye said:

EDIT: I should also mention all my ESMs are greyed out.  Not sure if this has anything to do with anything.

That isn't a problem, since I'm seeing that too - and so long as the DLC's content is loading in-game(i.e the Workshop DLC's content, like the Cages menu in the Settlement interface), then it is fine.

IntoTheFog.jpg

"The harbormen believe it to be natural. The zealots believe it to be manifestation of their faith.

I don't know which is true, what I do know is that it empowers the fauna contained within, mutating it beyond our wildest dreams.

Either way, it's about time the creatures of The Fog learn that there's always a bigger fish..."

3 hours ago, D C said:

Is it me or the feets of nightstalker are clipping through the ground

Yeah well, welcome to Bethesda can't into collision meshes roads. I could have lifted him up a bit on my own but that wasn't exactly high effort cinematic shot since I took it in "live" save while actually playing the game.