Slightly derailing the wonderful conversation going on here, but: is it possible for the deal chastity belt to prevent ALL orgasms, and not just orgasms from sex scenes? The daily chastity deal conversation seems to assume a complete lack of orgasms, but of course if you have a plug it will still vibrate randomly and on magic cast, so in practice I'm having at least a couple of thunderous climaxes a day, which undercuts the predicament somewhat.

More generally I do wish all chastity belts prevented orgasm entirely, but that's a DD issue.

18 minutes ago, Buridan said:

Slightly derailing the wonderful conversation going on here, but: is it possible for the deal chastity belt to prevent ALL orgasms, and not just orgasms from sex scenes? The daily chastity deal conversation seems to assume a complete lack of orgasms, but of course if you have a plug it will still vibrate randomly and on magic cast, so in practice I'm having at least a couple of thunderous climaxes a day, which undercuts the predicament somewhat.

More generally I do wish all chastity belts prevented orgasm entirely, but that's a DD issue.

I doubt that's something that's going into DDi itself, but it's fairly easy. Sexlab orgasms are already handled, so all that's needed is to make sure plugs never orgasm the actor.

Script is for DDi 4.2, and makes all plug vibrations edging if the actor is wearing a belt.

Replace the zadLibs.pex from DDi with this one (psc is the source file)

zadLibs.pex zadLibs.psc

2 hours ago, Kharadin said:

You could, for example, say that there was no contract or anything that would compel you to do the task. Depending on your WP, PC would deliver it in different lines - with moderate WP, Guard will reluctantly agree, with low WP "B-b-b-but I didn't..." just doesn't cut it, leading to a fine or else.

Maybe put some blank lines in your post :) I kept reading the same bit over and over.

But yes, this is close to what was in my mind, but crystallized. I have that same feeling about pre-devicing the player too.

It's a reach even for the Dollmaker, whose real goal isn't to get you to do the task anyway. She wants you to fail so she can put more rubber on you for longer.

But for Nazeem (as suitable example as any), much as he loves to see you in rubber, if he wanted that he wouldn't send you away on a quest, he'd take you to his cellar in Chillfurrow Farm and keep you there  for fun at his leisure. He really does want you to fetch his maguffin from FarawayPlace, and he wants it ASAP. So he only punishes you for not doing it.

Which is not to say that various kinds of events aren't possible.

Having certain NPCs who just like to device you would be fun too.

This is already partially covered under the low-willpower patrol idea going back to just after the new year.

I didn't start that because things got in the way.

I'm going to work on SLAX for a bit, as I hope 2.11 will make DF more playable, and feel a bit more robust. The modular deals should now be genuinely useful for -something- rather than blowing up your game. But when the urgent SLAX things are done ... well ... I'm probably going to work on SLD, but maybe DF will get another slice again. Depends on how urgent it's problems are.

But after THAT, then I might play around with radiant stuff, and low willpower consequences.

37 minutes ago, Buridan said:

Slightly derailing the wonderful conversation going on here, but: is it possible for the deal chastity belt to prevent ALL orgasms, and not just orgasms from sex scenes?

With SLSO it is. Though as far as I know, no mod has ever used the feature, so it might have some teething trouble.

However. SLSO cannot stop plugs giving you orgasms. That code is in DD. DD decides to give an orgasm and then DD meddles directly with your arousal afterwards.

The way to stop this is to equip edging plugs rather than other kinds. Edging plugs do not give orgasms, just woe.

And while I was typing this ... see above, a hack to make ALL plugs into edging plugs if you're belted. Don't tell Kimy :) 

Clearly both kinds of plugs are useful, so I'm not sure that simply transforming the other plugs is the right answer.

The "correct" answer is for DF to have the follower put in edging plugs and replace any others not marked quest, if doing the Ownership stuff.

I'm not going to do that any time soon alas. Use the hack if you like, but in other quests for other mods it might prove problematic or at least, harsh.

You could also twiddle around with LDC to ensure you only get edging plugs from DF, but it wouldn't stop other mods giving you them.

I don't -think- that plugs you are given are hardwired, though some devices are. A lot of stuff was never swapped to LDC, and I'd want to rewrite LDC significantly if I was going to put in the effort to do that.

14 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

What other things could happen due to low willpower?

Returning to the list impositions, taking your stuff, bad deals, abusive dialog, unwanted sex, unwanted followers, what offers good combinations of fun, replayability, and ease of implementation?

Dress code: 

-at low willpower

-are in tavern/jarl's palace/blacksmith "hey girl, you can't be in here dressed like that, I expect women like you to be dressed nicely"

-Given skimpy tavern clothes/slutty apron/impractical ballgown ect. 

-key npcs dialogue blocked

-you put it on the clothes, dialogue unblocks.

-on next visit door is locked (replaced with a fake door?)

-trying to enter without "proper" outfit locks you out and give dialogue "Ugh, everyone thinks I look gross in this outfit, I don't want to embarrass myself"

-Equip outfit to unlock

Maybe this is a little overly complicated but I think it would be nice if some of the low willpower penalties were the PC sort of doing things to herself.  There was talk of SLAX supporting "outfit types" which could work, it's tricky though as players would need to curate a list an resist the urge to say to themselves "i'll just tag my armor so I can get in" creating a story, but not a game experience.  YPS also has a fashion level for makeup/hair ect. that could work with this.

1 hour ago, Targultoon said:

I doubt that's something that's going into DDi itself, but it's fairly easy. Sexlab orgasms are already handled, so all that's needed is to make sure plugs never orgasm the actor.

Script is for DDi 4.2, and makes all plug vibrations edging if the actor is wearing a belt.

Replace the zadLibs.pex from DDi with this one (psc is the source file)

zadLibs.pex 111.77 kB · 1 download zadLibs.psc 125.46 kB · 1 download

Oh shit, thank you!

I really like the idea of plugs and a belt keeping me on constant high arousal but I was getting a liiiittle tired of constantly having the (pretty long) thunderous climax animation proc in the middle of conversations.

I've taken a lengthy break from Skyrim and feel like starting back at reinstalling and modding it soon, so I can't remember if there was anything like this in DF or not.

I was thinking, what if there was an option to make select NPCs not start as a devious follower, but as you play and do certain things they eventually become one.

For instance, a housecarl like Lydia. She starts out as an 'innocent' housecarl just doing her job, but over time her mindset gets influenced by things you do with her around. As you do these things her sense of morals begins to shift, things like stealing and pickpocketing (or other things that may give you a bounty). Potentially even taking into consideration any interactions with the bandit faction, be it killing so many bandits (as an indication of how long you've been around them), or even just keeping track of how many times you enter bandit camps or how long you spend in them.

It'd just be another way to delay getting stuck in deals and such, while adding in a bit of flavour dialogue as the follower shifts towards a more devious mindset.

I dunno, just rambling here.

3 hours ago, obviouslyincognito said:

I've taken a lengthy break from Skyrim and feel like starting back at reinstalling and modding it soon, so I can't remember if there was anything like this in DF or not.

I was thinking, what if there was an option to make select NPCs not start as a devious follower, but as you play and do certain things they eventually become one.

For instance, a housecarl like Lydia. She starts out as an 'innocent' housecarl just doing her job, but over time her mindset gets influenced by things you do with her around. As you do these things her sense of morals begins to shift, things like stealing and pickpocketing (or other things that may give you a bounty). Potentially even taking into consideration any interactions with the bandit faction, be it killing so many bandits (as an indication of how long you've been around them), or even just keeping track of how many times you enter bandit camps or how long you spend in them.

It'd just be another way to delay getting stuck in deals and such, while adding in a bit of flavour dialogue as the follower shifts towards a more devious mindset.

I dunno, just rambling here.

Yeah that would be cool, we could use a set of "profiles" for devious followers and when we hire them, they get assigned a random/set profile, this may have different traits and levels. It will be easier to just assign a random profile on the spot instead of making different assumptions for each and every follower.

I don't know much about making mods but implementing something like that (which tracks the actions you do whether it's good or bad like the system in fallout) might be difficult.

These profiles could also make it fun and variety.

one profile might want to whore out the PC and focus more on acts other than bondage gear

another might have a preference for a certain set of deals/gear

another may only care about gold and try their best to motivate you to earn more gold

and another would just love to keep you as a slave and even refuse payment so they can add debt (maybe they will accept payment later, like the deals cooldown).

PS - I'm loving this mod, it is beyond anything I expected, I only wanted a mod that would force me to keep paying my followers and give them daily wages but the deals, enslavement and games in this mod really takes the cake. 

3 hours ago, obviouslyincognito said:

There kind of is an option for this.  You just don't enable the DF mod until you want her to become devious.  Not the most immersive I know, but a heck of a lot easier to implement for a niche story.

Another option is to use the gold upkeep scaling options.  Set a low base pay and a fairly low per level pay.  This way money will never really be an issue so you will never really get involved with the devious parts of the mod.  Eventually follower boredom will pile up enough for something to happen and kick off the devious stuff.

Another option is to use an addiction mod.  I like use YPS immersive fashion, and role play a PC with a fairly reasonable DF that would be no problem on their own but then my PC gets hooked on various expensive and sometimes debilitating cosmetic obsessions.  Suddenly my PC is so worried about her makeup she spends her last few coins and is begging the DF for money.  A similar game with a skooma addiction or something?

5 hours ago, obviouslyincognito said:

For it to feel immersive, it needs some way to "pay" the follower that isn't all about money, whether it's actions you take (or do not take) or items ... but probably more about actions of some kind, whether it's wearing certain gear, or completing certain quests.

That thread is a few pages back :)

When it comes to alternate payment, an answer that really feels "Wow! Yes! That's it!"

I still think I need to see that problem from some whole new direction.

When it comes to that sort of problem "giving the follower what they want in another way", it varies depending on the personality of the follower, and so it's a lot of work to do several types, and it probably has to focus on one, then add others.

It may just be an idea that can't work for DF. Maybe DF can really only work with cash, and handle mercenary follower types, but by adding different ways to get deals ... including player ability to select deals, and deals that don't fit in the stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 pattern, and are just "a deal" there can still be a lot of variety - assuming new deals are added that are quite different to "wear a device".

That said, I have some simple, cheap ideas for wear a device type mechanics that should make a big difference.

Remembering my goals:

• Make willpower more relevant
  • Use boredom as a trigger for some new games
  • Add deals that let the player customize the experience more
  • Add follower quests, that are requests when you're in charge, and demands when you're enslaved

Bondage deals are pretty much covered already, so most new deals are not going to be about that.

The plan I have now has some integrations: STA, MME, SW

...some enhancements: improved prostitution, more sex with the follower

...and some immersion/atmosphere stuff: outfits, key control, dialogues

There's probably scope to use the "meta quest" idea that some mods do - where you need to complete a quest from vanilla as a question condition for a DF quest.

Good for Housecarls that want you to do your job, or for mercenaries that just want to loot as much as possible.

14 hours ago, Buridan said:

I like this a bit better than a time limitation. I like the idea that I could just learn to live with the device for a while if it's not something I want to do just right this moment - either way it's a sort of imposition, but I get to choose the specific flavor of my degradation.

Maybe that sort of mechanic belongs better on the follower than on misc NPCs?

For example, a modular deal to wear arm+leg cuffs (not too bad) but you can't pay it off. It can only be cleared by doing the quest.

Each time you take a deal, you have a chance its going to be on that "locked" deal.

So, you could start with:

"Can I make a new deal?"

"Sure, for a cutie like you, anything is possible."

"I'm going to add a random condition to the Archaeology deal. Do you agree?"

"OK"

<<You have to wear a collar>>

Quest Started ... Archaeology Deal ... Collect the Dwemer Data Cubes from Angthnkdwzkand

...then...

"Can I make a new deal?"

"OK"

<<You have to wear arm + leg cuffs>>

... then ...

"Can I make a new deal?"

"OK"

<<You have to wear an encumbering yoke in towns>>

When you go to buyout deals, the Archaeology deal isn't listed.

You must complete the quest conditions. Give the follower three data cubes, etc.

6 hours ago, obviouslyincognito said:

I guess one kind of simple mechanic is a debt-delay mechanism.

Follower doesn't start charging you until you've been together for the define duration.

This could also lock out games, which might even be set on a longer timer (debt-delay x 2 for example).

Gives you an easy-start to the follower.

There could be a well-defined moment, where you have a dialogue, where you either make the devious contract with the follower, or they stop being your follower and become unrecruitable (for a while, indefinitely, whatever).

That agreement of the contract is dialogue that's critically missing from DF right now. If would feel so much better if you actively agree to the follower's terms up front.

The follower could then - as has been requested/suggested in the past - periodically demand changes to the agreement.

Those could simply be linked to low-willpower situations. So if you drop to low willpower, the follower takes advantage to bully you into a contract change.

Or...

They could be pre-conditions for device removal, when asking the follower to remove devices for you.

Deal phases:

• pay follower
  • pay follower more
  • require gold control (if enabled)
  • must have at least 1 deal
  • must have at least 2 deals
  • must have at least 3 deals
  • pay follower more
  • restart and extend minimum contract
  • last two phases repeat indefinitely

You could fulfill the deals with the "introductory deal".

More gold amount defined in MCM.

Gold control stage optional. Minimum contract extension optional. Phases as a whole optional. Phases advance condition optional.

It sounds neat. Maybe better "phase" ideas will be suggested?

Priority is definitely behind new deals though.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Make willpower more relevant

Here's a suggestion I just dreamt up, I haven't slept in a while so sorry if I come off as rambly, I'll go through this once I wake up again but I don't want to forget about it.

Willpower is currently a bit jumpy, it falls very quickly and depending on settings can be fully repaired with a single night sleep.

Yet I feel like Willpower has the potential of becoming something much greater, and possibly even the basis for the alternate payment system, after all it is in a sense a commodity that you want to keep high, and has some interaction with a few other mods.

The problem with this of course is that it's so extremely fragile, especially if you have Sexlab Survival which can tank it a ton, while at the same time being extremely easy to fix as I mentioned earlier, sort of as a necessity for being so fragile. Making it harder to lose willpower in its current form can also far too easily simply never have the opportunity to dip very low.

My suggestion is to break it up into two different stats instead, Willpower becomes a much larger pool, say starting at 100, It's much easier to lose Willpower than it is to regain it, slowly regaining over time and maybe by a bit whenever you succeed on a quest or something.

Then we create a new stat called Self Confidence, this stat has the pool of current willpower of 10 parts resistance points, this stat would be considered much more a current mind state, while the big Willpower pool is overal mental fortitude, as a result Self Confidence can rise and fall as easily as Willpower does currently. The actual Function of Self Confidence will be as a Shield for Willpower, so you will want it high whenever possible, low self confidence means higher willpower losses, high self confidence might completely negate willpower loss whatsoever.

By adding this buffer it might be possible to put more weight on Willpower and tie more systems to it, maybe mods could use it for bimbofication and brainwashing, and this mod could rely more on it without having to worry about it pinballing across the spectrum, by for example adding alternate payment methods that let the player character publicly humiliate themself and take a Willpower hit.

4 hours ago, Tohsaka said:

Why does my follower's boredom never increase? I tried adjusting the boredom interval to the lowest, sleep/play for several ingame days but in MCM their boredom stat doesn't rise.

Maybe you have enough deals? It doesn't go up if that condition is met.

You can adjust it in the MCM.

If you can show a bug, given appropriate conditions for boredom rise, I'll look further.

Is anyone else having problem with boredom? :) 

As for something a follower might want other than cash, how about a "favored enemy"?  

Your follower maybe has it in for the Falmer - (lot's of possible reasons for that)  and enlists you to continue their campaign to wipe them out.  You could have weekly quotas or time limits or just raw body count.  Or there could be a point system for enemy rank or location cleared.  You'd have to hunt them across Skyrim.

Other followers might choose bandits, vampires, necromancers, undead of any type, Forsworn or beasts.  Obviously, punishments for failure should not greatly inhibit your fighting ability.

3 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Willpower is currently a bit jumpy, it falls very quickly, and depending on settings can be fully repaired with a single night sleep

Don't choose those settings :)

If you adjust the resistance offset per willpower, you can stop the accelerated decline.

If you enable the device capping and partial recovery options, it stops quick recovery.

The MCM options you choose make a difference. Choose the ones that give the result you want. Don't leave the defaults.

If you want more intertia there, simply give yourself a higher base resistance.

There are so many extra willpower controls now, that you should be able to make it do whatever you like.

There are additional controls for costs/resistance damage in SLS, so it's almost impossible to add more configuration than there already is.

I could change the defaults, but anything else would be removing capabilities you have already.

And don't forget the fatigue system.

3 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

Willpower becomes a much larger pool, say starting at 100

You aren't really losing willpower, you're losing Resistance.

The resistance pool can be very large if you want it to be.

It by default to get from willpower 10 to 0 is 155, IIRC, which is already more than 100.

Changing how the mod uses the actual willpower stat is a large, error prone job, that would confuse a lot of players too. It's not a good use of time.

Also, other mods test it. It is, in an effect, an API, and it can't changed.

But, you can certainly change the resistance numbers in the MCM, and in your willpower damaging mods.

Complicating the model is only going to make it less intuitive.

I spent weeks fiddling about with complex and varied models for SLAX, and the conclusion was that simple is best.

Then, when a player customizes it, they have a chance to understand what they are changing.

Willpower, if you configure it to your liking, is quite robust enough already to support other mechanics - but the default of "regain all every sleep" that Lozeak introduced in 2.x, and which I pushed for caveats to, and then later added several deep mitigations to - that is a silly default IMHO, but people are familiar with it now. Doesn't stop them changing it.

The resistance fatigue system gives an additional way to do long-term damage to willpower.

Resistance fatigue creeps up quite slowly in most cases, but when it starts to bite, you either have to act (costly) or start to have problems.

The problem I suspect you have is that most of your willpower loss is initially coming from SLS, until you get some deals and suddenly start getting raped in a ton of devices, which blows through your willpower in an instant.

Maybe your game isn't like that, but in almost any game, the simple measure of giving yourself a bit more base resistance will fix some issues, and changing the offset per point lost to be positive will stop others - so can make it so you gain resistance "per will" as you lose willpower, which helps to buffer the sudden increase in losses you get once those harsh device rapes start to kick in and increases the overall size of your willpower pool from 10 to 0.

Adjust the fatigue rate up to compensate for the extra resistance, and turn on the regain limiters, and see how it goes then...

One of the core limiters, is number of deals. So if you have no deals, regain is much easier, typically.

That wasn't an issue prior to SLS. Now, I'm thinking it would be nice to slow down regain due to other things.

I would use needs, but I don't like RND much. Arousal is another possible, but I need to update SLAX first.

One thing that might be a cool idea for a game/challenge, is some kind of system to cause the player to orgasm on some trigger word.

Pure Papyrus implementation would be eg using a set list of keywords, that the player can choose one randomly from (amount of choices can also be based on willpower), then using high priority Hello dialogues with one of the possible words in it that calls a function/fires an event with the word.

Cooler and more difficult implementation would be using an SKSE plugin to fire an event with every dialogue topic, so that every dialogue in the game can trigger an orgasm. Though this approach is obviously much more difficult, and would also make it more difficult to port to SSE. (Though probably most of the reverse engineering is not necessary, the memory offsets can be found in Fuz Ro D'oh, I believe.)

1 hour ago, Targultoon said:

fire an event with every dialogue topic

Notably, Bethesda seemed keen to avoid doing this.

Getting the story manager to react to dialogs is harder than it ought to be too.

The immersive puzzle is how does the PC orgasm if it isn't just the follower turning on a plug or other device? I guess it has to be something like that right?

So it ends up very like the piercing deal.

A "twist" on this would be the follower makes the deal:

"I'll make you orgasm every time you say the word <...>"

And then you have dialog topics with the word in that you have to try to avoid. Actually a kind of game.

And when you fail, and get zapped into a quivering heap, it's your fault. The follower obviously reminds you...

"You must have wanted that a lot. You didn't need to say the word "debt" now did you?"

"Would you like another? The new word is <...>."

"Or would you rather wear a gag? I think I have one here if you need it."

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Willpower, if you configure it to your liking, is quite robust enough already to support other mechanics - but the default of "regain all every sleep" that Lozeak introduced in 2.x, and which I pushed for caveats to, and then later added several deep mitigations to - that is a silly default IMHO, but people are familiar with it now. Doesn't stop them changing it.

Would you be willing to share your personal preferred settings to counter regaining all willpower on sleep?  If you'd rather not change the defaults, knowing what works well for you could be a good starting point for others who are looking for a more balanced experience. 

On the Self Confidence discussion, the mod could simply track a moving average over the last X days of the lowest willpower between sleeps.  A low average could tell the mod that even though the PC is currently at high willpower, it's been a rough period and the DF might react to that, sensing that the PC is weakened.  This wouldn't be something you'd want at every willpower check (too complex), but it might factor into a few key decision points.  Or it could it be a "how am I doing" kind of stat on the MCM if players are interested.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I concede that my replacement method was a bit overly complicated, but I do still feel that the spirit of it could still serve as inspiration for improvements to the current system.

I tend to play with the harsher conditions on willpower and resistance turned on, yet I still feel it can be trivialized as long as you're not overburdened, at which point it deep dives to the bottom and stays there untill the situation is fixed, which is something I got the impression both lozeak and you were trying to avoid.

And there's also the fact that these options are optional amendments to the base conditions, and most newcomers to a mod will assume that the default settings as they are set when the mod is installed or started to be the intended way of playing by the mod author, unless explicitly directed otherwise

But the way my suggestion intended to change the experience was away from the fluid ups and downs that the current system acts in, and instead make it a slower, gradual yet seemingly inevitable decline that the player can try to slow and maybe get momentary relief from, yet always loom oppresively in the distance, and require constant care and management lest ye succumb.

And this type of slow gradual decline would have to do away completely with chunk damage, and instead rely on chip damage slowly wearing the player down, this last point is not an issue with this mod, but more something other mods like SLS would need to keep in mind when they interact with WIllpower.

Before I reinstall Skyrim, I think I'll wait for the next update of DF or so. I'm excited to see what other deals and features may come, but I have some other games that are calling my attention at the moment.

One of the planned deals I'm most looking forward too is the Milk Deal. I like playing with MME, but I'd love the opportunity to play as a milk slave as opposed to a regular milk maid like normal with that mod. Though I'm curious how that deal would interact with the current milk gambling game you can play with your follower. If you're follower is feeding you lactacid and using you to produce more milk, I doubt they'd be willing to actually give you milk. In fact, if they're using the milk to make money, they could even penalize you for having any milk in your inventory.

had a thought the other day...  yes, just one.  yes, it was painful..  here it goes --  stages for follower pimping the pc out -   

1.  wear makeup (immersive fashion, or any makeup slavtat)

2.  wear specific clothing (slut armor)

3.  wear heels and/or jewelry (such as hair ribbon)

4.  wear sign (anal plug one)

5 hours ago, Ursur1major said:

And there's also the fact that these options are optional amendments to the base conditions, and most newcomers to a mod will assume that the default settings as they are set when the mod is installed or started to be the intended way of playing by the mod author, unless explicitly directed otherwise

This is especially a problem for DF because the effects of settings tweaks don't become fully apparent for many hours, so I would argue it's somewhat more important than other mods to have settings that "work" right out the gate.

4 hours ago, Buridan said:

This is especially a problem for DF because the effects of settings tweaks don't become fully apparent for many hours, so I would argue it's somewhat more important than other mods to have settings that "work" right out the gate.

The settings do work. There's just no way to know what the player wants.

If I change them, it might work for more players, or not. I can only guess.

The current settings mean if it all goes bad, you probably get your willpower back quickly. If you have a ton of deals, you'll lose it again - unless you change the settings.

That is a "least harm" configuration. Not quite least harm because of the resistance decline per willpower lost, but close to.

I'm not saying that one way of configuring your willpower is right or wrong. That's up to you. 

I can imagine some changes that would make it a little easier to understand how to configure, but in the end, the configuration is game specific. 

And you can configure at any time. It's not like some silly can't change key drop chance while bound mechanic.

I agree it's worth thinking about what should happen here, but if there are any changes it should be towards an even more "safe" willpower setup as default.

Just a note to anyone considering delaying update...

There is no benefit to delaying update, only harm.

If you are on an older version of DF, you should update ASAP. They only things you are holding onto are bugs.

It is very unlikely to break your game.

You do not need a clean save.

You do not need a new game.

You can update any time.

The only versions that are problematic are the betas.

If you install a beta you may need to roll back to before you installed it to update properly to the final release.

If that worries you, stay away from the betas. They  are labelled beta for a reason, and with my mods that's what beta means.

What it means for other modders is up to them.

The next release (2.12) will be a minor bug fix version.

It will probably address some MCM defaults, minor tweaks to how resistance is calculated, and a fix to the "device removal cost" configuration not working.

I will probably split the main cost config page.

New deals are a good way away as I have work to do on SLAX and SLD before I do any new content for DF.