1 hour ago, NoJoker said:

Could you please add the config as an ingestible instead of an armor. It really clutters up the inventory, and please add a way to disable the notification each time the game loads a save. 

I doubt I'll change the item type for the menu, however, at some point when I make a full MCM I will make the item removable. As far as the notification, I can probably make it silent when it re-adds the menu in a future update. That said I am really not sure why this bothers y'all so much. 

Soapbox moment: These kind of small changes are the kind of thing that's easy to teach yourself, Making small tweaks to other peoples mods is how most modders get started.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Soapbox moment: These kind of small changes are the kind of thing that's easy to teach yourself, Making small tweaks to other peoples mods is how most modders get started.

Very good point, but, the problem is... some will blame the mod when they break it and report bugs they caused. Seen it a lot, and wasted a shit ton of time on the idiots. People need to understand, you mod it and break it, YOU fix it. Not to mention, NEVER report bugs on a mod you've edited.

If you want to tweak something, most MA's are pretty happy to offer advice.  But for a lot of things, taking the time to read through the source code will provide the answer/hints and ya might even learn something. Or not, if the code is crap. LOL

3 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Very good point, but, the problem is... some will blame the mod when they break it and report bugs they caused. Seen it a lot, and wasted a shit ton of time on the idiots. People need to understand, you mod it and break it, YOU fix it. Not to mention, NEVER report bugs on a mod you've edited.

If you want to tweak something, most MA's are pretty happy to offer advice.  But for a lot of things, taking the time to read through the source code will provide the answer/hints and ya might even learn something. Or not, if the code is crap. LOL

Yeah I guess I hadn't considered that. LOL.

Hardship development update:

I'm muddling along and overcoming my issues mostly adapting to better integration of animation packs other than Leito. I've made some decisions so I thought I'd share some things about my plans for the next full release. All of these are subject to change.

-- It will probably have a FOMOD installer. This will get rid of the Admin screen errors some people seem to really hate when an XML points at an esp which isn't present. 

-- It will have a full MCM

-- It will have rewritten sex scripts that better take advantage of other animation packs for position changes.

-- It will have some new BDSM content with Isabel.

-- IT WILL require a new save that never had Hardship. Sorry but no way to avoid it with the changes I'm making.

-- It will have new requirements.. This won't come out until after One Patch is updated. The goal is to have the target install, be OnePatch for MF/FF, and UAP, for  MM... with  support for Indarello as well.  In addition BP70 will also now be a requirement, but Rufgt's old animations will no longer be needed for FF or supported.

-- If I have time I'll add options to make Raider theft optional and/or silent (Tell me if your main prob is getting cleaned out or the long ass notifications)

After this is released it will probably be the "final" version of Hardship proper. That said I still intend to make the expansion content with the promised new male pimp, and a lot more crazy shit like that..

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

(Tell me if your main prob is getting cleaned out or the long ass notifications)

The only time i have long notifications is in Survival mode & the Aid gets cleaned out. LOL

But I'll vote for the silent option.

Would be kool if we had an animation of a Raider walking away carrying a bag like Santa Clause. hehehehe

Update:

Frankensteining some new XML animations together using BP70 assets. I do have to say this is one unique thing mod authors can do with AAF versus other frameworks.

20200126101648_1.jpg.0cabaad2c23947581892ba3598e24a9f.jpg

20200126105246_1.jpg.da4822460676a1690e44da7160d4cc84.jpg

The male top's dick wiggles up and down like he's doing kegels, since I used the male position from Love Triangle 2. I don't think it's too distracting though... Guess he's just so aroused by the show, that he's twitching! ? (I knew there was something wrong with those Russians!)

20200126110621_1.jpg.4110e16fe696c472cac954b789578aa8.jpg

Now that I realize you can apply offsets at the animationData level, it really opens possibilities... I just wish you could combine animations from 2 seperate esps into one position. I could make some INSANE shit if that was the case.

So I have the other patch for 1.5.8.

Things running...probably at 99%. No complaints. I wanna switch to the patch you made that's inclusive for the Indarello Build. Should I overwrite my existing 1.5.8 patch or should I uninstall it and then install the 1.5.8 Indarello Update patch? (Leaving 1.5.3 Full untouched)

47 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

There will be a male equivalent as well. Now that I realize you can apply offsets at the animationData level, it really opens possibilities... I just wish you could combine animations from 2 seperate esps into one position. I could make some INSANE shit if that was the case.

Also I might be mistaken but early last year I believe someone achieved this by mixing XML edits? I have no idea how that works or if that is what it even is but: if i can find what I'm talking about and IF i understood it correctly it might be possible? I'll look and see if I can dig it up.               

9 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

So I have the other patch for 1.5.8.

Things running...probably at 99%. No complaints. I wanna switch to the patch you made that's inclusive for the Indarello Build. Should I overwrite my existing 1.5.8 patch or should I uninstall it and then install the 1.5.8 Indarello Update patch? (Leaving 1.5.3 Full untouched)

I'd say uninstall Hardship completely, then install 1.5.3, and the patch. Back up everything first since it's working for you :) It's incredibly important you have Indarello installed right and in the right order, and with Custom Moans, and the Leito voice fix. Good luck.

10 minutes ago, DremoraDream said:

Also I might be mistaken but early last year I believe someone achieved this by mixing XML edits? I have no idea how that works or if that is what it even is but: if i can find what I'm talking about and IF i understood it correctly it might be possible? I'll look and see if I can dig it up.               

It may well be... I'm mainly going by the fact that I've never seen an animationData, XML that was pointed at more than one esp. I've shown in the past I'm incredibly bad at reading the AAF wiki. :)

I also wish I'd known how shockingly easy it is to turn a bed anim into ground one. It's as simple as a z offset of -42  in your customized animationData.... and removing the location info from the position in your custom positionData. Makes me wonder why he didn't just include ground versions of the masturbation animations to begin with.

58 minutes ago, ZoXizott said:

So I'm having a slight issue, I have the mod working with AAF and everything playing, but whenever I have the mid-scene choices, no matter what I get the message that a character is busy and it's not changing scene/animation, is this supposed to be happening?

Nope. Make sure you have the right requirements and version. If you have the Polistro version and don't have Polistro's patches, OR have One patch overwriting it, the animations that point at their position names won't play. Likewise, if you have Indarello or UAP for MM, and don't have Indarello, the same thing. If you are using Indarello and have the Indarello version of Hardship... but don't have all his requirements installed it can also cause issues.

I'll have to try and play around with it and see what could have gone wrong, did a complete fresh install with just the AAF bare minimum requirement, and for some reason I couldn't even get AAF to function (it functions on an old save but not on a fresh game), so I will have to do some looking into things.

58 minutes ago, ZoXizott said:

I'll have to try and play around with it and see what could have gone wrong, did a complete fresh install with just the AAF bare minimum requirement, and for some reason I couldn't even get AAF to function (it functions on an old save but not on a fresh game), so I will have to do some looking into things.

try a clean Saved game.

Hardship looks really sweet. I like the videos showing game-play. But, I don't think it fits with my play style. I'm a 'tough bitch' doing her best for the settlers even though she may at times find herself in ...bad situations. Perhaps in my next play thru I'll go the beggar route as I'd really like to try this out.

58 minutes ago, Malphias said:

Hardship looks really sweet. I like the videos showing game-play. But, I don't think it fits with my play style. I'm a 'tough bitch' doing her best for the settlers even though she may at times find herself in ...bad situations. Perhaps in my next play thru I'll go the beggar route as I'd really like to try this out.

Yeah it's designed to be fairly flexible with different play styles. How deep in trouble you get is pretty much up to you... Just don't beg from Gunners unless you want to risk rape.

I should also note that in addition to begging, there are other features good for any kind of character, the safe passage/hiring raiders as temp mercenaries is pretty handy. You can have sex with your companions/hired gunners in a semi-immersive way... and you can greet every character with a "how are you today?" which adds a little immersion, IMO. :)

16 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

So this isn't this mod specific, but wasn't sure where to ask this...

Does anyone know how to add to the slots to be stripped for mods like this, violate, etc? I found that my shorts from VTAW aren't getting stripped during animations. Any insight would be fantastic. Thanks all

The path depends on how you manage/deploy your mods, but basically find the master copy of AAF_equipmentSetData.xml and add entries for its slot name to the unequip and reequip lists you find there. It's got an inline comment directing you to where you can find the slot names (they must be used verbatim). If you don't know what slot the shorts use, install FO4edit and use it to browse the mod's ESP file. Best places to ask follow-up questions about this are in the AAF thread or on the AAF community Discord server.

1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

The path depends on how you manage/deploy your mods, but basically find the master copy of AAF_equipmentSetData.xml and add entries for its slot name to the unequip and reequip lists you find there. It's got an inline comment directing you to where you can find the slot names (they must be used verbatim). If you don't know what slot the shorts use, install FO4edit and use it to browse the mod's ESP file. Best places to ask follow-up questions about this are in the AAF thread or on the AAF community Discord server.

That makes sense! Thank you very much

I've learned I'm really into Sissys thanks to this mod and I hope you expand on it in later updates. It's my favorite part to play. I wish there were more items to wear for sissy sluts and I've looked everywhere but of course it's not that popular with the modding community. Wish I had the skills to do refits ?

8 hours ago, devinsfetish said:

I've learned I'm really into Sissys thanks to this mod and I hope you expand on it in later updates. It's my favorite part to play. I wish there were more items to wear for sissy sluts and I've looked everywhere but of course it's not that popular with the modding community. Wish I had the skills to do refits ?

For me it was second life back in the mid 2000s. :) There used to be a place in there where they had wall sized blowups of entire Lustomic comics you could read. It's a pretty amusing kink.

Getting new outfits immersively in the mod isn't possible (Unless somebody wants to make their own mod that gives Becky Fallon a side business :)) but there are some notable dress mods with a male version. Lace Dresses is great if you use BT2's default body shape (which looks pretty good with the vanilla body triangle set all the way to skinny). IIRC there are some links to conversions in the Male stuff thread here on LL. 

Also make sure you have the mod Pretty lipstick for males. Make sure you talk to all the women in DC while sissified (in BW mode) and make sure you travel with Isabel to Goodneighbor. In addition to the items you can get in DC, you can get some more items from Daisy

20190227210010_1.jpg.d8f59715ba6040180d5da1ce55a5b917.jpg

Update:

Looks like I figured out how to remove embedded sounds from animations with a hex editor so I'm gonna add a spanking scene to Isabel using @Gray User's awesome spanking animations. I only hadn't messed with their stuff before because it's all gendered to a female bottom in terms of the sound, and I need all pairing possibilities for Hardship. Now if I can just figure out how to point the spank sound at the slap sound I already include in Hardship and I wouldn't even need the NSFW sound pack as a requirement.

EDIT: I think I'll go ahead and just make the NSFW sound pack a soft requirement, as I'll probably also include gender neutral versions of a couple of the bound and choking sex animations. This stuff will fit hardship like a glove and I can just include the couple of them I want without adding to my already stupid annoying requirements thanks to Gray's generous permissions. 

I still would for my own curiosity, like to know why the slapping and squish type sound effects don't show up in the hex editor when I search for SoundPlay entries. How are they differently implemented than the moans..?

Anyway, learning stuff is fun!

EDIT:

Weird... Once I moved the idles to new directories and added them to my esp they quit making the spanking sounds. I think I need to look closer at @Gray User's esp. (I'm guessing I need a sound descriptor pointing at Grays sound pack)

EDIT:  I'm an idiot. The sound effects were in the male position, which I didn't think to look in cause it didn't have any moans... lol... and yes of course I need sound descriptors.

13 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Another option is to learn to change a clothing item's slots in FO4 edit. It's very easy, and can be a little more flexible.

I found a wiki page with all the slots and explained how they are universally used in mods, then went and edited the equipment set in the xml after I was pointed in the right direction of where to work. Have it exactly as I want now. I just didn't know where to look.