21 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I edited the  post... so read the new version. You're too fast :D I dunno maybe it's just the existing implementations but every time that interface pops up it immediately takes me out of the freaking scene. I hate OSEX in Skyrim as well.

I of course will try it. Maybe I'll like your implementation I dunno.

Here it is if you want to try: https://github.com/ulfbearth/UAP/archive/master.zip

A lot of things have changed, so you can check the changelog too if you wish: https://github.com/ulfbearth/UAP/commits/master

The idea was to unify the extended and staged versions in a single installation with a cleaner and better navigation UI, thats why i've chosen the positionTree system for that, but theres a lot more involved.
The implementation has been done to BP70 and Leito for both MM and FM anims, im looking forward to port the system to the other animation packs as well as the development goes.

1 hour ago, Ulfbearth said:

Here it is if you want to try: https://github.com/ulfbearth/UAP/archive/master.zip

A lot of things have changed, so you can check the changelog too if you wish: https://github.com/ulfbearth/UAP/commits/master

The idea was to unify the extended and staged versions in a single installation with a cleaner and better navigation UI, thats why i've chosen the positionTree system for that, but theres a lot more involved.
The implementation has been done to BP70 and Leito for both MM and FM anims, im looking forward to port the system to the other animation packs as well as the development goes.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Ulfbearth said:

Okay I tried it.  

I don't mean to be pissy. We've always gotten along and you've been a big help to me, but I really don't need this kind of stuff where the infrastructure I rely on gets radically changed. This is the kind of stuff everybody got mad at Indarello for... It radically changes the nature of how we are used to dealing with AAF. 

For one: I can't even seem to get it to work right with the AAF shortcut. I hit right and the box that says "advance stages" disappears, but it stays on stage one forever.  You mentioned stats, where there any new requirements I missed?

Edit: I didn't see there was a new AAF out. I'll try it again.

Edit: Okay I can at least navigate the tree now. Still feels weird and I am not loving it. Will try messing with it a while and see how it works with Hardship. Below points are still valid though:

For Two: if you have Staged Leito Plus installed AAF freezes at 30 and since you don't support FF, that means you have to choose between MM and FF. I can probably fix this by making an option to only install the FF XMLs... but it means seriously futzing with the installer structure.

For Three: It appears you took out the ability to make cum optional which is kinda antithetical to the way hardship operates. 

For four: (this is a petty one and mostly joking) I have to add your new MF animation names to my tagdata to add the TenCuffedSub tag.  Which probably means another friggin 1.5.9 update.? 

Edit: Okay I see... That setting you want me to add will make the widget go away... I'm still not sure about the stat based orgasm stuff though. I'll have to see how that works in practice with Hardship.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Okay I tried it.  

I don't mean to be pissy. We've always gotten along and you've been a big help to me, but I really don't need this kind of stuff where the infrastructure I rely on gets radically changed. This is the kind of stuff everybody got mad at Indarello for... It radically changes the nature of how we are used to dealing with AAF. 

For one: I can't even seem to get it to work right with the AAF shortcut. I hit right and the box that says "advance stages" disappears, but it stays on stage one forever.  You mentioned stats, where there any new requirements I missed?

Edit: I didn't see there was a new AAF out. I'll try it again.

Edit: Okay I can at least navigate the tree now. Still feels weird and I am not loving it. Will try messing with it a while and see how it works with Hardship. Below points are still valid though:

For Two: if you have Staged Leito Plus installed AAF freezes at 30 and since you don't support FF, that means you have to choose between MM and FF. I can probably fix this by making an option to only install the FF XMLs... but it means seriously futzing with the installer structure.

For Three: It appears you took out the ability to make cum optional which is kinda antithetical to the way hardship operates. 

For four: (this is a petty one and mostly joking) I have to add your new MF animation names to my tagdata to add the TenCuffedSub tag.  Which probably means another friggin 1.5.9 update.? 

Edit: Okay I see... That setting you want me to add will make the widget go away... I'm still not sure about the stat based orgasm stuff though. I'll have to see how that works in practice with Hardship.

Yeah thats the idea, i like changes specially if they are radical and work. Plus AAF has some many features including positionTrees which is almost unused. There are many advantages for using this system i implemented

- Each stage will play entirely without being interrupted. Making the transition between animations more seamless

- Youll ensure that the sequence will reach the orgasm stage before AAF stops: I always got frustrated when AAF just stops because the time is too short to play the last stage. Specially in savage cabbage anims where there are many stages

- Logical looping between stages. I made it so foreplay and climax stages loops less than the intermediary stages (foreplay will have the first 20% of the stats, intermediary the next 70% and Climasx the last 10%). Also, youll notice each stage will loop until the stats reach a certain range so the next stage can be played. At same time, youll have better control of the time without interrupting the sequence

The only problem im having to deal right now is in non NPCControlled trees, because users dont have much freedom to navigate in this case. He still have to wait for the stat to advance to the next branch.

Another thing worth note is that most branches are marked as forceComplete. That means when you press pgup or pgdown or just advance the branch, you need to wait for the current animation to stop looping, so its not a bug, its a intended feature.

Oh and yeah, you want to use the latest AAF version cus dagoba pushed many important fixes and new features, trees included.

46 minutes ago, Ulfbearth said:

Another thing worth note is that most branches are marked as forceComplete. That means when you press pgup or pgdown or just advance the branch, you need to wait for the current animation to stop looping, so its not a bug, its a intended feature.

I am extremely worried this is gonna cause problems with the way Hardship works... IE completely breaking mid scene position changes. I won't know till I can test it though.

@Ulfbearth, I added the setting to all the scripts and tested. It gets rid of the dumb tree interface which is good... BUT...

Initial experiment indicates it completely breaks Hardship. I get the "Can I get on top" message for Vaginal which is supposed to immediately switch it to on top but because your stage HAS to complete it won't do that which ruins the timing and makes all subsequent messages not make sense. I'll test more to make sure this isn't an anomoly but I do not have a good feeling  Every one of my scripts has stuff like this, so I highly doubt this tree approach will ever be compatible.

That'll leave me with no choice but to make MM positions for Staged Leito Plus, and then tell people who wanna play Hardship not to use UAP. Which sucks for you of course, and sucks for me as well as it means no more gay animations for any other animation packs, unless I add them myself which I don't have the time or energy to keep up on the updating packs.

And frankly this is just pushing me closer to quitting because FFS I could be learning Unreal Engine or something.

20 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

@Ulfbearth, I added the setting to all the scripts and tested. It gets rid of the dumb tree interface which is good... BUT...

Initial experiment indicates it completely breaks Hardship. I get the "Can I get on top" message for Vaginal which is supposed to immediately switch it to on top but because your stage HAS to complete it won't do that which ruins the timing and makes all subsequent messages not make sense. I'll test more to make sure this isn't an anomoly but I do not have a good feeling  Every one of my scripts has stuff like this, so I highly doubt this tree approach will ever be compatible.

That'll leave me with no choice but to make MM positions for Staged Leito Plus, and then tell people who wanna play Hardship not to use UAP. Which sucks for you of course, and sucks for me as well as it means no more gay animations for any other animation packs, unless I add them myself which I don't have the time or energy to keep up on the updating packs.

And frankly this is just pushing me closer to quitting because FFS I could be learning Unreal Engine or something.

Isnt there a way to have your script to wait for the forceComplete? I really like the idea of the forceComplete but if anything, i think i can just remove it... All will work the same way. 

The only difference is the seamless thing 

12 minutes ago, Ulfbearth said:

Isnt there a way to have your script to wait for the forceComplete? I really like the idea of the forceComplete but if anything, i think i can just remove it... All will work the same way. 

The only difference is the seamless thing 

It might be technically possible, you'd have to ask somebody who knows AAF better like @EgoBallistic . It might even fit in some situations, but most like the above example requires an immediate position change, and I have to imagine other modders are going to want this capability too. 

Hardship currently has a problem on the rape scripts, where the escapes won't work if the position has transitions, as the exit transition has to complete and breaks the escape. I "fixed" this in 1.6 by having a function that changes to a short single stage animation before stopping the scene. Your tree system would potentially break that fix as well. 

Honestly I think it's best if you remove the seamless aspect. :( I'm sorry I know how this kinda thing sucks. I run into it all the time lol.

16 hours ago, Tentacus said:

I edited the  post... so read the new version. You're too fast :D I dunno maybe it's just the existing implementations but every time that interface pops up it immediately takes me out of the freaking scene. I hate OSEX in Skyrim as well.

I of course will try it. Maybe I'll like your implementation I dunno.

Couldn't agree more. Its like those game Dev's that put mini games in their creations. I'm using a mod like this for erotic purposes. If i wanted to be that involved, id download the latest combat improvement mod from Nexus. Also, with a mod with a theme like this, half the attraction for me is having less control over the events. I think there is an animation in BP70 that you have to advance manually. I roll my eyes every time AAF selects it. I'm sure there are people that like that kind of thing and they are great animations in of themselves. But I'm clearly not the target audience.  

10 minutes ago, Teddar said:

Couldn't agree more. Its like those game Dev's that put mini games in their creations. I'm using a mod like this for erotic purposes. If i wanted to be that involved, id download the latest combat improvement mod from Nexus. Also, with a mod with a theme like this, half the attraction for me is having less control over the events. I think there is an animation in BP70 that you have to advance manually. I roll my eyes every time AAF selects it. I'm sure there are people that like that kind of thing and they are great animations in of themselves. But I'm clearly not the target audience.  

To be fair I didn't realize Ulf was trying to tell me how to stop the wizard from appearing. Adding this code will also help if BP70 keeps adding branching anims so I don't have to blacklist them every time.

I need to bone up on the wiki more. This setting has been in AAF for quite a while and could have saved some pain.

22 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

To be fair I didn't realize Ulf was trying to tell me how to stop the wizard from appearing. Adding this code will also help if BP70 keeps adding branching anims so I don't have to blacklist them every time.

I need to bone up on the wiki more. This setting has been in AAF for quite a while and could have saved some pain.

Well that sounds great if you can get it sorted out. I'm all for more animations if I can just watch them happen rather than mashing buttons! ?

6 minutes ago, Teddar said:

Well that sounds great if you can get it sorted out. I'm all for more animations if I can just watch them happen rather than mashing buttons! ?

Pretty much agree. I wonder if this will cause a problem with Violate, seems rather counter intuitive to have to push buttons to participate in your own rape.

Hopefully I'm misunderstanding how this works

I've just tried without forceComplete and unexpected things happened:
- With time="0" the positionTree wont advance by any means

- Without a time set, each branch will advance based on time set in SceneSettings, which is not optimal

- If i set something like time="5", the animation will loop for sure until the range of stats is reached for the next branch, but, every 5 minutes the branch anim will be interrupted to play again. So if an animation lasts 10 seconds, the branch will only loop the first 5 seconds in this case

Btw, SC will also start using trees because i made him realize about transitions and stuff

5 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Pretty much agree. I wonder if this will cause a problem with Violate, seems rather counter intuitive to have to push buttons to participate in your own rape.

Hopefully I'm misunderstanding how this works

It works with Violate just fine because its set as NPCControlled (and yeah i tested). And even if it was not, the first branch is the animationGroup one, so it would auto advance within the animationGroup itself

I've just tried without forceComplete and unexpected things happened:
- With time="0" the positionTree wont advance by any means

- Without a time set, each branch will advance based on time set in SceneSettings, which is not optimal

- If i set something like time="5", the animation will loop for sure until the range of stats is reached for the next branch, but, every 5 minutes the branch anim will be interrupted to play again. So if an animation lasts 10 seconds, the branch will only loop the first 5 seconds in this case

Btw, SC will also start using trees because i made him realize about transitions and stuff

The other option is to just seperate Hardship and my other mods from the AAF ecosystem altogether and have all my starting positions only call things from my own XMLs. This means my users would only have limited curated animations, and also more unique XMLs for AAF to have to process. There are NO good solutions here. This is why infrastructure mods should mostly remain static.

It works with Violate just fine because its set as NPCControlled (and yeah i tested). And even if it was not, the first branch is the animationGroup one, so it would auto advance within the animationGroup itself

Violate mostly calls aggressive anims which are almost all single stage and completely not affected by this.

10 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Violate mostly calls aggressive anims which are almost all single stage and completely not affected by this.

Yeah, except for the 50shades anims and a ground position from SC (which is currently incomplete, but sc is constantly adding more stages to his incomplete sequences).
And if the player is violated and is under effect of perversion, regular anims may play too, so its not completely unaffected imo.

Many thanks for clarifying that, I was getting a bit concerned in case I needed to freeze my AAF/animation modlist (had to do that with some Skyrim mods when I found some of them going off-beam for my playstyle). Losing Hardship as a mod in general will be quite a loss though, so hopefully something could be worked out

(Soz for ninja edits)

I keep posting temper tantrums and deleting them. LOL.

Look... bottom line is this. I dunno how to make Hardship work without the ability to change positions WHEN I WANT TO... not when the animation frames are all done. If I can't do that I can't do Hardship (or the other mods I had in mind)... So that's just a fact. Ya'll gotta decide if that's important to you or not. There are probably a lot better things I could be doing with my time.

tbh, i'll stick with my design choice. I think it has a lot of potential and a lot to be improved and im pretty sure there are animators out there that would agree with my point.
There are just so many tools in AAF which are currently unexplored and people doesnt seem to even bother to try them. I think they all are pretty cool and only has to add as a animation framework that i have never seen before in modding.

45 minutes ago, Ulfbearth said:

tbh, i'll stick with my design choice. I think it has a lot of potential and a lot to be improved and im pretty sure there are animators out there that would agree with my point.
There are just so many tools in AAF which are currently unexplored and people doesnt seem to even bother to try them. I think they all are pretty cool and only has to add as a animation framework that i have never seen before in modding.

Welp. I got a lot to think about and I shouldn't make rash decisions when I'm upset so I'll take a few days to chew on it and decide if I want to continue and try to make Hardship a more independant mod or cash out and pursue more productive activities.

First, thanks for this great mod.

Here is my problem: After i installed the mod and activated it ingame for the first time my PC gone completly silent. Every normal vanilla conversation is without the voice and without lipmovement of my PC. NPCs aren´t affected.

I couldn´t find anything related to my problem in this thread. I hope someboy know this issue and can help me.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, joonjoon94 said:

First, thanks for this great mod.

Here is my problem: After i installed the mod and activated it ingame for the first time my PC gone completly silent. Every normal vanilla conversation is without the voice and without lipmovement of my PC. NPCs aren´t affected.

I couldn´t find anything related to my problem in this thread. I hope someboy know this issue and can help me.

Thanks!

No clue.

If it was an NPC I'd assume that they got stuck in the dialogue alias, which would be fixed as soon as you talked to someone else in BW mode. I never put the player in an alias that has a voice so I highly doubt it's this mod directly causing your problem, sorry.

14 hours ago, Tentacus said:

No clue.

If it was an NPC I'd assume that they got stuck in the dialogue alias, which would be fixed as soon as you talked to someone else in BW mode. I never put the player in an alias that has a voice so I highly doubt it's this mod directly causing your problem, sorry.

I dont know what wnt wrong.

I just deinstalled a couple of mods, load an older save and reinstalled them again and everything works fine now. Just lost like an hour of gameplay but thats ok.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Okay here's what I've decided:

In the interest of keeping Hardship functioning and viable in the face of UAP and potentially Savage Cabbage becoming incompatible with the way Hardship works I'm going to update Staged Leito Plus in a day or 2 to include Gay and M-Dog and M-Mutant poses. This will give me the opportunity to add a feature I want anyway, (The choice of whether the receiver is flaccid or erect.)

I will pre-emptively block Savage Cabbage anims from being selected, by Hardship 1.6... however I will include a selection of the best SC positions with my own Hardship compatible XMLs as an install option in at least gay and straight versions. I MAY... since I have to do this anyway make a couple of them work on ground cause why the fuck not. Note these XMLs won't block or interfere with the XMLs that come with Savage Cabbage so other mods can still get at them.