11 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Outside of using DLYH so that you need to earn caps to equip at the beginning of the game, it begs the question as to why would anyone sell themselves into the sex trade for no real reason if you're in the later stages of a game. As much as I like the lovely Isabel, in RP terms I would be more interested in finding my son (yeah it's a crap but integral storyline compared to Skyrim) rather than deliberately becoming a whore if I didn't need the caps.

Well yeah it's kind of a given that you willfully ignore the main quest. I have a set of saves (That I provide for DLYH) that are at the end of the vault. I always use these to start a new game and create my character there. The one time I think playing as Nora works with this mod is my concept that Nora was brain damaged during the freezing process and is now a sociopath, or that she was always a sociopath and never cared about the kid.

11 minutes ago, Slorm said:

So it leaves either some form of blackmail or obligation. In Skyrim I roleplay this as having to earn the cost of my rescue to an Innkeeper (500 Septims+ for each occurrence) if I lose a fight and DCL teleports me out, but Radiant Prostitution is nowhere near as advanced as Hardship having no pimps. In Hardship there is a lengthy relationship formed even using the buyout option so the pc would need to be pretty desperate to sell themselves.

Eventually I'd like to make more light alternate start mods.... I suspect one of them would be someone fleeing a debt. That would play well with Hardship.

Some ways to make the game harder from a combat point of view is to use the mod on Nexus that gives most raiders melee weapons, and use Scavvers closet. Then you'd have access to a lot fewer guns.

34 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Well yeah it's kind of a given that you willfully ignore the main quest. I have a set of saves (That I provide for DLYH) that are at the end of the vault. I always use these to start a new game and create my character there. The one time I think playing as Nora works with this mod is my concept that Nora was brain damaged during the freezing process and is now a sociopath, or that she was always a sociopath and never cared about the kid.

Eventually I'd like to make more light alternate start mods.... I suspect one of them would be someone fleeing a debt. That would play well with Hardship.

Some ways to make the game harder from a combat point of view is to use the mod on Nexus that gives most raiders melee weapons, and use Scavvers closet. Then you'd have access to a lot fewer guns.

I actually play near 95% melee. I found an off site mod called NGA No Guns Allowed and it totally works. Hardly any sniff of ammo. And those few guns out there are all empty.

4 minutes ago, ETSubmariner said:

In the real handcuffs description integration, it says to put RH above Whore, so that means RH should load AFTER whore or before it? I presume after it so it sees it, but as we can just change the filter in the organizers it can mean something else entirely.

Things above in the plugin load order load before things lower. So before. Think about it this way ESM Masters all load at the very top. Real Handcuffs is an esp, but it's a master for Hardship so it has to be above it.

8 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

There are days when AAF just likes to mess with you, but I need to ask you first. Any reason why after sex, the uncouple screen stays up long after the deed is done. Seems like the original sex never finished.. I am unable to clear it no matter what I do..

It's a bug with newer versions of AAF it has nothing to do with Hardship, it can even happen when you play anims from the wizard. The only thing you can do is save and reload (Maybe have to quit to desktop?). It's been reported but dagoba doesn't seem to take it seriously. It'd be nice if somebody (who isn't me) could make him his psuedo mod SFW thingy from the discord to demonstrate the bug for him, as that seems to be the only way he wants to hear about it.

9 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Things above in the plugin load order load before things lower. So before. Think about it this way ESM Masters all load at the very top. Real Handcuffs is an esp, but it's a master for Hardship so it has to be above it.

Ok, gotcha. With organizers now showing mods that load last on top by default I was a bit confused and wanted to be sure. So, what should I expect Hardship to use RH for? What specific instances?

7 minutes ago, ETSubmariner said:

Ok, gotcha. With organizers now showing mods that load last on top by default I was a bit confused and wanted to be sure. So, what should I expect Hardship to use RH for? What specific instances?

If you escape during a rape where a cuffed animation is played you'll remain cuffed and have to find a way to get loose. You can also trade sex to strangers, or become indebted to them for caps or items in order to be freed. This is regardless of if Hardship put you in the cuffs or not so if say... violate does you can still use Hardship to get loose. You can also be freed by companions or pimps.

If you are handcuffed and have a companion you can also have kinky sex with them.

It's discussed here: New in 1.5 video

Okay, I had some further thoughts on using an NPC, the idea being to try and integrate Hardship into the vanilla game in a meaningful way. For this example I've used Diamond City and Isabel but it could also apply to Goodneighbor or Bunker Hill

PC arrives at DC goes through Piper routine and enters. Once inside there is a forced greet near the Chapel by (by Jack who is a runner for the pimps) who asks pc why they're there. Once pc mentions the kid Jack warns against talking about it because of the Institute but directs them to his boss (Isabel) at the Dugout Inn.

PC enter and speaks to Isabel so some extra dialogue needed here even if pc is a virgin. Then roughly something like she'll give some information but needs a show of loyalty as the Institute may get wind of things and it's dangerous. Couple of quests can follow something like:

1/ break into a house and steal some naughty pictures/underwear/evidence and return it (sets the tone)

2/ Pay x caps (say 500 - 1000 to milk the victim)

3/ The hook - only give some info if working for her (this is the main hook, if pc is a virgin they will have to sell themselves first, then return for the main part of Hardship to kick in)

It would need some extra dialogue and the pc can be strung along a bit with warnings about Valentine and later an admission she (Isabel) has no idea where the kid is, but the pc is trapped in the arrangement unless they buy themselves out.

I think this sort of approach brings Hardship into the mainstream game.

Another idea I had was in DLYH have it so that only the pimps can release the pc but then they must agree to be a whore.

I had a thought about mucking around with weapon types but tbh I'm not sure it doesn't change the overall game too much. I can just up the incoming damage by x10 after a Violate event to make it impossible to get the stuff back but it's getting a bit contrived for my taste, so I think I prefer something that fits into the main game itself

Anyway, just some initial thoughts

6 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Okay, I had some further thoughts on using an NPC, the idea being to try and integrate Hardship into the vanilla game in a meaningful way. For this example I've used Diamond City and Isabel but it could also apply to Goodneighbor or Bunker Hill

PC arrives at DC goes through Piper routine and enters. Once inside there is a forced greet near the Chapel by (by Jack who is a runner for the pimps) who asks pc why they're there. Once pc mentions the kid Jack warns against talking about it because of the Institute but directs them to his boss (Isabel) at the Dugout Inn.

PC enter and speaks to Isabel so some extra dialogue needed here even if pc is a virgin. Then roughly something like she'll give some information but needs a show of loyalty as the Institute may get wind of things and it's dangerous. Couple of quests can follow something like:

1/ break into a house and steal some naughty pictures/underwear/evidence and return it (sets the tone)

2/ Pay x caps (say 500 - 1000 to milk the victim)

3/ The hook - only give some info if working for her (this is the main hook, if pc is a virgin they will have to sell themselves first, then return for the main part of Hardship to kick in)

How are you Nora and a Virgin? :D

Anyway I might consider adding some NPCs to exploit the main quest. There is definite potential there but I doubt it'd be part of Hardship proper.

37 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

If you escape during a rape where a cuffed animation is played you'll remain cuffed and have to find a way to get loose. You can also trade sex to strangers, or become indebted to them for caps or items in order to be freed. This is regardless of if Hardship put you in the cuffs or not so if say... violate does you can still use Hardship to get loose. You can also be freed by companions or pimps.

If you are handcuffed and have a companion you can also have kinky sex with them.

It's discussed here: New in 1.5 video

Awesome. I've not yet been able to find the option to have sex/solicit, so I'm guessing I need to move the setting to Already A Prostitute or learn how to move up naturally through the mod to Prostitute. So far I've had the conversation about being a whore, but when I led the person off to a private place the only action was threatening with violence, rob, etc etc. I think I read that when you beg for something and they want sex, you can demand caps instead. 

3 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Hmm...  by now i guess everyone knows the why you were unfrozen at the start...

What if you edited that some how, so that  a raider gang unfrooze you as breeder stock or something.  Essentially, they think the player owes them, for being unfrozen by them..

3 hours ago, ETSubmariner said:

So far I've had the conversation about being a whore, but when I led the person off to a private place the only action was threatening with violence, rob, etc etc. I think I read that when you beg for something and they want sex, you can demand caps instead. 

UGGGGH! This fucking bug again? I have no idea why but the fucking "Predator dialogue" option has gotten selected. You need to turn it off in the menu. I am so glad I took that shit out of 1.6.

As far as the path to prostitution you can get there through begging or asking people about jobs for non tough-guys :)

Is there a way to lower the amount of money I can get from sex? My game is minimalistic, barter with vendors (they have no caps), lower values for goods in barter, no guns, ammo ,etc. But when I get $200 for sex, it makes my life, easy..I do not like easy. My life as a prostitute should really suck big time. Scraping by, stockpiling items that have value to barter. Limited inventory for vendors, etc. Just wondering?

14 hours ago, Tentacus said:

How are you Nora and a Virgin? :D

LOL I wondered about that but that's what in the settings:

Sexual History Settings>PC IS A VIRGIN

I assume it's there for alternative start mods

But I was meaning not previously a prostitute

:)

As I understand it, Hardship does not respond well to auto staged animations such as Indarello's Patch or the new stuff from SC and would prefer the manual staged stuff of BP70? As others have noted, I am not a fan of button pushing during sex. And if we want threesomes as well as orgies, SC and BP70 are the only ones offering that for mods like Just Fuck, Violate, and Magnum Cum Gaudio...If I use Indarello, I noticed that there are no erections because he calls them different than Hardship. Without Indarello, my maleness comes back, but I am stuck with manual manipulation of my stages for BP70, which by the luck of the draw, shows up too many times...Decisions, decisions.........I am liking Hardship but trying to make everything work together is beyond my modding skills..

2 hours ago, Slorm said:

LOL I wondered about that but that's what in the settings:

Sexual History Settings>PC IS A VIRGIN

I assume it's there for alternative start mods

But I was meaning not previously a prostitute

:)

Yeah as I said It kinda goes without saying that if you choose that you aren't RPing Nora.

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

If I use Indarello, I noticed that there are no erections because he calls them different than Hardship.

Does NOBODY actually read the new guide? Much less MY instructions. Indarello isn't supported and in general the community has moved away from that kind of megapatch because  either the author fades, or can't keep up, or they go renegade and insist down is up and up is down. Indarello has done both repeatedly.

Without Indarello, my maleness comes back, but I am stuck with manual manipulation of my stages for BP70, which by the luck of the draw, shows up too many times...Decisions, decisions.........I am liking Hardship but trying to make everything work together is beyond my modding skills..

Indarello hasn't been supported for several versions. It has nothing to do with staging. The new thing that doesn't work well is the tree based animations which Ulfbearth and savage cabbage will add soon. (AFAIK SC hasn't done so yet and still works. but I haven't checked his page in a while). What it does is break the timing of the mid sex events by insisting that the last animation complete it's last stage. Oooohhhh sooooo worth it... especially since You can already do that in XMLs with transition in a way that wouldn't break Hardship... but New and shiny amirite?

I'm currently working on a workaround so you can still use SC. For now just follow the installation guide. Until I can DO that the only packs guaranteed to work are Leito using Staged Leito Plus, and Rufgt's old animations. 

I'll get that done sooner if I can stop answering qustions.

29 minutes ago, azelar said:

please help the mod doesn't wont to work i downloaded all of its requirements and tried everything but icant not get the menu item or turn on the mod evry time i do that it just turns back off

Put Real Handcuffs Above Beggar_Whore.esp. In the plugin load order. This is in the instructions. This has come up 3 times this week. RTFM people. 

1 hour ago, ETSubmariner said:

Where do I find the animation timer slider? I'm guessing it's from an underlying mod or they're coded to just go as they go. The animations are very long.

There is no slider. You can select several durations from the menu object However the default is already only 30. The base animation timer is only to give the scripts a starting duration to work off of... the actual length of scenes varies depending on random events. Also if you have transitions installed in Staged Leito Plus that will usually extend the scene length by several seconds at the end.

In 1.6 it will be a slider in the MCM, I can't remember if I have it so you can set below 30 though.

2 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

There is no slider. You can select several durations from the menu object However the default is already only 30. The base animation timer is only to give the scripts a starting duration to work off of... the actual length of scenes varies depending on random events. Also if you have transitions installed in Staged Leito Plus that will usually extend the scene length by several seconds at the end.

In 1.6 it will be a slider in the MCM, I can't remember if I have it so you can set below 30 though.

As I was checking out the menu item in inventory just moments ago to see if I could find the setting I found the setting (lol), but I was definitely getting way more than 30. Like 2 or 3 minute. Because there were extra pop-ups at the end of them, it extended the result for so long I could be fucking a john all in-game daytime. Unrelated, but Is it suggested/ok to set timescale to something less, like 10?

34 minutes ago, ETSubmariner said:

As I was checking out the menu item in inventory just moments ago to see if I could find the setting I found the setting (lol), but I was definitely getting way more than 30. Like 2 or 3 minute. Because there were extra pop-ups at the end of them, it extended the result for so long I could be fucking a john all in-game daytime. Unrelated, but Is it suggested/ok to set timescale to something less, like 10?

Never a good idea to fuck with timescale in Bethesda games It'll screw up NPCs. 

The scenes are set up in chunks of the duration value, fractions of the duration value, and sometimes arbitrary lengths... usually between 5-10 seconds. The very longest any scene should ever be is 4 duration lengths, with most being more like 3. This is handled in the script as wait (In seconds) If your PC CPU is particularly slow or you are running like 200 mods it may take longer but not by the amounts you describe.