Captive Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays / Facial Tattoos / Males / Females)

6 hours ago, andy_wlf said:

Amazing mod, all textures are perfect

Hi Andy

That is good news, which of the 2 mods that change the Captive Tattoos, for JB's Nukaride, are you using, (Nuka Ride - The Previous Girl or Tissemanns (Captive) Tattoos) as it would be good to know.  I have put both after Captive without success so would be really useful to know how you haven't got the texture issue I am getting?  Thanks.

16 hours ago, Kalamaki22 said:

Oi Andy

Essa é uma boa notícia, qual dos 2 mods que mudam as Tatuagens Cativas, para o Nukaride do JB, você está usando, (Nuka Ride - The Previous Girl ou Tissemanns (Captive) Tattoos) como seria bom saber. Eu coloquei os dois depois de Cativo sem sucesso, então seria realmente útil saber como você não tem o problema de textura que estou recebendo? Obrigado.

I'm using the mod normally, Without nukaride mod, just with the looksmenu and the body texture "the body of alice" in your case it must have conflicted with some body texture you're using

On 5/1/2023 at 12:36 AM, andy_wlf said:

I'm using the mod normally, Without nukaride mod, just with the looksmenu and the body texture "the body of alice" in your case it must have conflicted with some body texture you're using

Hi Andy, thank you, as mentioned I don't have the problem when not using either mod that adjusts the tattoos to suit JBs absolutely amazing and funny Nukaride mod.  The texture problem only occurs on the new tattoos, the older ones are still as expected with the adjusted tattoos.  So your response confirms the issue and is appreciated.

On a side note you should try Nukaride, yes it is hardcore, but characters such as Sis are just so amusing and you can opt out of content.  I didn't enjoy JB's commonwealth slavers as that is too dark for me.

Hi JB, love the mod! I have a quick question, for the male body tattoos I am not able to move them around the body like I can with the female body tattoos. Did I mess up installing the mod or is that function disabled for the male body tattoos?

25 minutes ago, Rythal said:

Hi JB, love the mod! I have a quick question, for the male body tattoos I am not able to move them around the body like I can with the female body tattoos. Did I mess up installing the mod or is that function disabled for the male body tattoos?

I probably forgot to adjust the values for the male tattoos.

go to

DATA/F4SE/Plugins/F4EE/Overlays/SlaveTattoos.esp

Open Overlays.json with Notepad.

Choose to replace all

"transformable" : false

By

"transformable" : true

On 4/30/2023 at 1:55 AM, Kalamaki22 said:

I had forgotten to answer you. But, yes, tisseman must update his version of my mod. It's a somewhat tedious process because basically he would have to unpack all his tattoos, unpack all mine. Overwrite all of his tattoos over mine, and repackage them.

In theory it is easy but we are talking about almost 2,000 textures so it will take a while.

12 hours ago, JB. said:

I had forgotten to answer you. But, yes, tisseman must update his version of my mod. It's a somewhat tedious process because basically he would have to unpack all his tattoos, unpack all mine. Overwrite all of his tattoos over mine, and repackage them.

In theory it is easy but we are talking about almost 2,000 textures so it will take a while.

Wow that sounds a lot of work, so best to run the old version until they have had time.  Said it before we are very lucky to have modders like you guys.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ShitposterExtreme said:

Im pretty sure Im an idiot but how do I get the facial tattoos on? Ive searched under the extras and overlay for body but doesnt appear but Ive got a feeling Im just not looking at the character creator correctly

They're under the face editor where you can select things like makeup and blemishes (specifically in the "face paints" category if memory serves), they're not overlays you can access from the body editor.

On 5/15/2023 at 11:48 PM, vaultbait said:

They're under the face editor where you can select things like makeup and blemishes (specifically in the "face paints" category if memory serves), they're not overlays you can access from the body editor.

Ill check again but didnt see it appear, only bruises and cuts but they look like theyre either stock or came with the valkrye face mod. Tbh Im probs forgotten how this game works since I havent played it since release.

Edit - Yep still cant find them for some reason. Not sure if its reliant on a dependent for it or if looksmenu is missing it for some reason.

Edit 2- Some weird conflict with Valkyr's face models for some reason, no idea why.

Edited by ShitposterExtreme
update
10 hours ago, Sensemila1 said:

Is there any better way to go than to have to scroll through hundreds of overlays. Is anyone aware of some mod that adds a search feature to the overlays, or anything to expedite the process? 

As far as I know, there is not. Any interface changes to support that would have to be added to the LooksMenu mod (for example, hierarchical selection trees/categories or keyword searching). The best hack I have, which isn't much of one, is to use both the down button and pull down on the left analog stick on my controller at the same time in order to double the scrolling speed (and if you don't play with a controller, then even that's not much help I guess).

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 3:28 PM, pin9 said:

hey the facial tattos arent working do you have any idea why

The most common reason is you selected to install 2K (HD) overlays when you're using 1K (vanilla) face textures, or vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, vranina said:

Some of the tattoos color the body pink, but are not displayed.

ScreenShot5.thumb.png.67ab761660980319daf821d6354b9715.png

You have Tisseman's Captive tattoos installed which is currently not compatible with my mod as mine now adds more tattoos. 

• 2 weeks later...

I assumed I knew how to do this, but when I tried, it didn't work.  How would one go about hiding all of the bodywriting tattoos from appearing in the menu, so that I don't have to scroll for 5 minutes every time I want to add some of the injury marks?

Hello,

Cloud not find any solution for my problem online.

Maybe someone here can help.

I have a glitch like problem like this here:

Thought it was caused by cbbe body but it doesn't seem so.

Also the solution mentioned above could not help, I tried it with no chlothes equiped.

I don't happens when I remove all skin overlays.

Someone has a solution for this?

Edited by hansischwanzi
1 hour ago, hansischwanzi said:

Hello,

Cloud not find any solution for my problem online.

Maybe someone here can help.

I have a glitch like problem like this here:

Thought it was caused by cbbe body but it doesn't seem so.

Also the solution mentioned above could not help, I tried it with no chlothes equiped.

I don't happens when I remove all skin overlays.

Someone has a solution for this?

Yeap, that is bc's your blood doesnt match the resolution of the body, used to drive me crazy, here's how to fix it:

image.thumb.png.f4e1cd3cd5b05dc72082beb844d92913.png

Open the mesh of the body or clothing with the issue
Select the body (skin) on the right side
Right click and select properties
Disable the first check box named full precision and click ok

go to file/export/to nif with reference (crtl+alt+e)

and overwrite the mesh (you might like to save a copy of the original first in the same menu)

Edited by Gamaramdi
4 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

Yeap, that is bc's your blood doesnt match the resolution of the body, used to drive me crazy, here's how to fix it:

image.thumb.png.f4e1cd3cd5b05dc72082beb844d92913.png

Open the mesh of the body or clothing with the issue
Select the body (skin) on the right side
Right click and select properties
Disable the first check box named full precision and click ok

go to file/export/to nif with reference (crtl+alt+e)

and overwrite the mesh (you might like to save a copy of the original first in the same menu)

Thank you very much for your reply.

I already tried this as it was the recommended solution in another post.

It didn't work for me because the problem occurs even without clothes, so I assume it must be something that is always worn.

That would leave only CBBE Body and the tattoo. Tattoos didn't have a file to edit and CBBE didn't even have the checkbox checked:

image.png.5a54464fd171627be5d7439f65dbef79.png

What is my mistake?