Captive Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays / Facial Tattoos / Males / Females)

Hii..

I'm having an issue getting these tattoos to show up on the body or face, I was trying out commonwealth slavers a bit and the npcs never added tattoos to me.. so I thought I'd check the body overlays and it's greyed out for me, I can't even find the tattoos for the body or face..

I'm attaching the load order for the right panel in MO2 which is what I use, I can attach the left panel if that would help also, I have tried both 1k and 2k options for captive tattoos and neither show up, and body tats don't seem to show either.. so hoping someone can help ❤️

loadorder.txt

modlist.txt

The modlist is for the left panel, it's reversed for some reason.. the top stuff is on the bottom like AAF and animations, etc.

Edited by kingt
2 hours ago, MoronMimiga said:

I already have the game in english
It probably isn't your mods fault... I'm fairly new to modding so sorry for bothering you with a question that has an off topic answer.

23 minutes ago, kingt said:

Hii..

I'm having an issue getting these tattoos to show up on the body or face, I was trying out commonwealth slavers a bit and the npcs never added tattoos to me.. so I thought I'd check the body overlays and it's greyed out for me, I can't even find the tattoos for the body or face..

I'm attaching the load order for the right panel in MO2 which is what I use, I can attach the left panel if that would help also, I have tried both 1k and 2k options for captive tattoos and neither show up, and body tats don't seem to show either.. so hoping someone can help ❤️

loadorder.txt 2.17 kB · 0 downloads

modlist.txt 2.79 kB · 0 downloads

The modlist is for the left panel, it's reversed for some reason.. the top stuff is on the bottom like AAF and animations, etc.

A question for both of you: are you using the updated version of FO4 that was released a few days ago? Because that update breaks the current version of F4SE.  Looksmenu depends on F4SE, so certain functions of LM may not function properly (or at all).

8 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

A question for both of you: are you using the updated version of FO4 that was released a few days ago? Because that update breaks the current version of F4SE.  Looksmenu depends on F4SE, so certain functions of LM may not function properly (or at all).

oh, I did not know that. How do I go about getting rid of the update?

30 minutes ago, MoronMimiga said:

oh, I did not know that. How do I go about getting rid of the update?

Supposedly there are various guides and articles floating around.  I haven't used any personally.  At the moment, Nexus has "Fallout 4 Downgrader" and "Steam - Skip Next Gen Update" both in the Hot Mods section for FO4.  Might be good places to start.

Edited to add: Damnit izzy, get outta my head!!  😧

Edited by spicydoritos
1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Oh no I blocked the latest update, and made sure it didn't update..

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 8:32 AM, azaria777 said:

I'm gonna need more info than that, so if i turn on the bbc option then raiders will only put bbc tattoos? or both?

Only raiders will have a chance to put bbc tattoos.
The chance is based on the "chance for faction specific tattoo" option in the MCM.

If you set the chance to 30%, There's a 30% chance that ANY raider will put on a bbc tattoo and a 70% they will put a classic tattoo.

will non-black raiders still put bbc tattoos?

Yes.

The game does not distinguish between skin colors. There is a mod that turn all raiders black however.

I want raiders to be able to put all tattoos(classic/bbc)

They will.

like if the raider is black then he puts the bbc tattoos, does it not work that way?

Like only blacks putting bbc tattoos and others will put classic? Interesting idea, but I'm afraid you'll have to make your own mod for that.

I hope this helps!

Edited by megamand
3 hours ago, megamand said:

Only raiders will have a chance to put bbc tattoos.
The chance is based on the "chance for faction specific tattoo" option in the MCM.

If you set the chance to 30%, There's a 30% chance that ANY raider will put on a bbc tattoo and a 70% they will put a classic tattoo.

Yes.

The game does not distinguish between skin colors. There is a mod that turn all raiders black however.

They will.

Like only blacks putting bbc tattoos and others will put classic? Interesting idea, but I'm afraid you'll have to make your own mod for that.

I hope this helps!

One last question, so if i toggle the bbc tattoos raiders will be able to put both bbc and classic tats right?

Between this mod and TAR, is there anyway to only get colored tats put on? The black ones just end up looking like a pile of mess. Or do I just have to use looksmenu, apply the tats where I want and turn off or disable TAR? Which would pretty much defeat the purpose of having TAR in the first place. Thanks for any help on this. ;)

It took me awhile to figure out this conflict, but all the AI upscalers (DLSS, FSR, XeSS) cannot handle tattoos in FO4 well. When the tattoos are not extremely blatant, whether that's because they're small, shown at an oblique angle, are partially occluded, are in motion, or whatever other reason, the upscalers will just render the skin texture as though the overlay does not exist at all. This gives you a bit of an odd behaviour that's hard to describe.

The tattoos will appear an disappear depending on the angle you look at them, they'll come in and out of existence depending on your character's and the camera's motion but it's not flickering (when they appear and disappear is very consistent).

So if you're seeing these problems and couldn't track it down, it's an AI upscaler issue so ditch the upscaling mod.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know how to get them to appear in looksmenu? They get applied to my character per usual Commonwealth Slaves and stuff, but they aren't listed in Looksmenu in Overlay. NVM load order issue.

Edited by sexxy117

I can't get any of the BBC tattoos to load. When I install and use "only BCC Tattoos" for 3.1 / Females -BBC-(Preset) under 3.3 and the BBC option for TatsAfterRape nothing shows up if I manually add the tattoos through MCM for TattooAfterRape or after a raider event. If anyone is experiencing this issue and has insights on how to get the mod to work properly, it would be greatly appreciated.

To add onto the above, I am missing most of the tattoos from Id, Resources.xlsx when I try to manually apply them in Looksmenu. I did install the mod through Vortex, if that helps.