What is the next game should I play?

fishburger67

2 hours ago, TangoG said:

some of the dialogue feels a bit wooden

can I not claim, It is a German game developer and the german voice output is very good.
why linear, you can move freely in the world, Some places should one as Noob *at the beginning* avoided, it could mean your premature death, because Elex is very difficult at the beginning! :classic_wink:

Spoiler

On 8/14/2019 at 12:44 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Dragon's Dogma is strange in that people either really like it, or they fuckin' hate it. But no other game makes me nervous in the dark like it does and the combat is top notch. Not sure if Capcom will pull their head out of their ass and make a long overdue sequel.

KoA is fun for about 20 hrs and then I have to put it on the shelf for another year or so. There might be a new KoA spinoff in the works since THQNordic bought the rights to it a year or so ago.

I'm enjoying both playing and making mods for Oblivion right now. It's fantastic that so many of those authors opened permissions for their mods.

I might suggest one of the latest Assassin's Creed entries.

My issue with a sequel is: What will we do? With the ending that was given to us: 

Spoiler

Making it to where there are no more seneschals, dragons, or arisen.

It doesn't really leave for much in the way of a sequel. Different land, same thing? Or will they do a plain medieval fantasy game?  

On 8/19/2019 at 5:03 PM, Pork Type said:

winny, almost everything is better than Diablo 3.

OMFG. I started out, in Diablo 3, just like I did in Diablo 2: Beat the game. Solo Warrior. No Trading, Make my own scheme work.

Come D3... Inferno difficulty... Brick wall. Real Money Auction House. Remember that shit? PAY TO PLAY/WIN/GET PAID

Blizzard ruined gaming. Remember that?

Diablo 3 :classic_wink:

And then Diablo Immor(t)al announcement happened ?

Seriously publishers: stop hitting yourselves.

Edit: Speaking of Dragon's Dogma, the Dark Arisen version is on sale on Steam for 9€ for the next two days.

8 hours ago, Azzhat said:

My issue with a sequel is: What will we do? With the ending that was given to us: 

Reveal hidden contents

Making it to where there are no more seneschals, dragons, or arisen.

It doesn't really leave for much in the way of a sequel. Different land, same thing? Or will they do a plain medieval fantasy game?  

You're seriously going to care if there is a logical progression from one game to the next? It's a fantasy setting, for crying out loud. They can write whatever story they want for all I care. Do a prequel instead maybe. The setting and story aren't important. It's the combat system that they need to carry over and add some new wrinkles to.

Rumor is that Hidetaki is still kicking ideas around in his head about the sequel. He was given a choice to make either DMC5 or a DD sequel and he chose the former.......you know......because we can never have enough Devil May Cry games.

Itsuno has said publicly he has four things under consideration. DDO, DmC and two original games. He doesn't like doing the same game twice, so expecting a DD sequel in less than three years is optimism at best.

Secondly, there are four endings to DD and since people here haven't played I won't bother spoiling anything, but the empty world was stated to be a temporary thing anyway, the "broken wheel" exists for a reason, so saying any of the endings are canon is at best a completely temporary thing, because pawns are pawns and people are people, and no outcome will last forever as long as Gransys is part of the Eternal Return.

Raise your hand if you don't care if the sequel is in gransys or even the same world:

E7511908FE37577B1A88C716239D47DFDE9280BB

8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You're seriously going to care if there is a logical progression from one game to the next? It's a fantasy setting, for crying out loud. They can write whatever story they want for all I care. Do a prequel instead maybe. The setting and story aren't important. It's the combat system that they need to carry over and add some new wrinkles to.

Rumor is that Hidetaki is still kicking ideas around in his head about the sequel. He was given a choice to make either DMC5 or a DD sequel and he chose the former.......you know......because we can never have enough Devil May Cry games.

So the same thing but, earlier? Even prequels have different settings. Unless they go all the way back to the beginning, there's no point. If story is not important to you then why play it at all? There are other fantasy games with more fluid combat than it. And hey, DMC isn't bad, not counting the reboot. I'd prefer a remake of the 1st and 2nd one. 1st one to change Dante's terrible voice acting, I got PS1 Resident Evil flashbacks from that... Ugh. The 2nd was he was far too edgy compared to his other renditions. That being said I feel the best one was 3. 5 still needs some work but the big thing everyone wants is playable Vergil. Well that, and more outfits for Dante, considering how plain his outfit looks compared to the previous games.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:13 PM, fishburger67 said:

I love Skyrim, but I am getting tired of doing it over and over.  I played Witcher 3 and liked it a lot although not as much as Skyrim or Oblivion.  I played Fallout 4 and liked it it too, but again not as much as Skyrim.  I loved the old Thief game.  I've played Mass Effect, World of Warcraft, Morrowind,  and the old Conan MMO.  Liked them all to one degree or another.  I've played lots of other games and dumped them after a few hours of play because their graphics were shit or the world was too constricting or the story sucked.  

I have looked at many of the game sites looking for inspiration, but hoping a Skyrim / Witcher 3 fan would recommend something.

While we wait for till next April for Cyberpunk and who knows how long till the next Beth game, what games are recommended?  I am mostly interested in open world RPGs with reasonable to good graphics and a good story line like Witcher 3 and Skyrim.

if you haven't to played fallout 3 or New Vegas you should. but i highly recommend you do it with TTW

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/download_ttw

14 hours ago, 27X said:

Itsuno has said publicly he has four things under consideration. DDO, DmC and two original games. He doesn't like doing the same game twice, so expecting a DD sequel in less than three years is optimism at best.

Secondly, there are four endings to DD and since people here haven't played I won't bother spoiling anything, but the empty world was stated to be a temporary thing anyway, the "broken wheel" exists for a reason, so saying any of the endings are canon is at best a completely temporary thing, because pawns are pawns and people are people, and no outcome will last forever as long as Gransys is part of the Eternal Return.

Raise your hand if you don't care if the sequel is in gransys or even the same world:

E7511908FE37577B1A88C716239D47DFDE9280BB

Considering that one fights one's characters from previous playthroughs as both the final boss and possibly even Grigori or the Ur-Dragon, Dragon's Dogma's multiverse doesn't have a single unbroken linear flow of time. Even the use of the Godbane happens after an indeterminate amount of time.

Even if it did take place in Gransys, it doesn't have to be the same Gransys that the other game took place in. It could be one which the new Seneschal completely reshaped (explaining any world map differences).

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 6:47 AM, D3nt0n said:

Dunno if its been said or if you've already played them, but if you liked the old Thief games I'd strongly recommend Dishonoured 1 and 2.

yes these games are good, especially the consequences, kill too much and the end is not intoxicating.
you forgot to mention Dishonored 3 Death of the Outsider! :classic_wink:

43 minutes ago, D3nt0n said:

If you wanna see an absolute master play dishonoured, check out StealthgamerBR on you tube. his videos are high art if you ask me.

Spoiler

with this style of play he will only to see a bad end. :classic_sad:

but some it not matter, I for my part have tried entirely not to kill, and that's the real challenge. :classic_wink:

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 5:46 AM, winny257 said:

Dishonored 3

What, there's 3 of them now? ?

Damn, I have tunnel vision. And too many other games to explore. My sister always gets on my case because she loves Dishonored, but I haven't even played the first one yet.

But I'm deeply committed to Borderlands atm, so when we meet up for Thanksgiving, she's going to roll her eyes at me. Once again! ?

• 1 month later...

Archived