HARDSHIP: Beggar Whore (Upcoming mod) Video preview links

I enjoyed DLYH! I gave my character an extra touch of difficulty because I placed realhancuffs on her as well as starting with 0 SPECIAL points (it seems suitable for a slave).

Ā 

It took me three hours to get rid of the collar.

Ā 

Do you think it will be compatible with this new one? A slave who escapes from her slavers and must now survive on her own.Ā Or this new mod will have its own beginning?

7 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Don't apologise for takin necessary breaks from the work you're doin. Sometimes need to for various reasons, most people understand.

Shit happens and RL comes first. Sometimes means a mod author disappears and/or quits entirely, better that than sacrificing their/others health in some way shape or form, for it. [A certain RSE developer is a bit guilty of that, I think ;) ]

A certain RSE author doesn't need to be reminded that he has IRL problems that weigh on him greatly and make him feel the need to disappear from lovers lab and adult modding, on top of hurting himself in various ways, as a result of that. Not to derail the thread.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:34 PM, maddadicusrex said:

I am totally out of my debt as to computereze, but could you make this mod use AAF, but works outside of the Bang Em Up Patch? BP70 just updated his animation pack, but it was totally incompatible with Bang Em. A separate patch was made for BP70 that actually overode the Bang Em Patch. Everything works. Bangem overides BP70 as it needs to, the Fix Patch overides BangEm...Just a wild guess from the peanut gallery..

There's been a temporary fix posted in the one patch thread since Sunday:

Ā 

23 hours ago, JBpy said:

I enjoyed DLYH! I gave my character an extra touch of difficulty because I placed realhancuffs on her as well as starting with 0 SPECIAL points (it seems suitable for a slave).

Ā 

It took me three hours to get rid of the collar.

Ā 

Do you think it will be compatible with this new one? A slave who escapes from her slavers and must now survive on her own.Ā Or this new mod will have its own beginning?

Yes, it is. I used DLYH for a lot of my testing. It was designed to work together. The main reason Professor Scara charges you so much to remove the collar is to give you a reason to have to start prostitution :)Ā It also makes Hardship harder because If potential customers shun you it lowers your client base.

Ā 

There is only one Caveat. Always approach a new NPC first with Beggar whore mode off to make sure you get the DLYH greet out of the way otherwise you might end up breaking the NPC at the follow stage, as instead of them saying "Here's good" the DYLH dialogue might override if they shun you... well then you have a permanent follower you can't interact with. :)Ā (Though now that I think of it the reset NPC utility I added would fix that)

On 8/9/2019 at 10:27 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

A certain RSE author doesn't need to be reminded that he has IRL problems that weigh on him greatly and make him feel the need to disappear from lovers lab and adult modding, on top of hurting himself in various ways, as a result of that. Not to derail the thread.

Guess I do keep pokin at that, sorry.

Anyway, look after yourself.

4 minutes ago, koso1232 said:

Dude. This mod is amazing. Keep that work. There will be open tests ?

No as I said earlier it's PRETTY much tested. Right now I am just waiting for a couple of things to shake out concerning compatibility.Ā  I should be able to release it soon though.

Ā 

And Thanks :)

3 minutes ago, xscottr said:

Well done on the dialogue. I look forward to this mod. I love running a wasteland whore/drug addict.

Oh you should love the addiction parts. One of my characters got hooked on Psycho and alcohol and stranded near Easy City downs. she had no choice but to patronize the raiders there which was quite dangerous. I tweaked a lot of the raider stuff on that playthrough to make it more practical, as well as added the whoring for your addiction dialogue. :)

Ā 

Hint:Ā if you do this don't go near the robots as the assaulttron will still murder you.

Just a little update.

Ā 

After struggling for a few days with some issue and getting some help from Flashy, to streamline my main script I'm ready to begin another round of testing. With luck this will be the last one, so I'm going to start a new character and get on that hopefully this afternoon.

17 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Just a little update.

Ā 

After struggling for a few days with some issue and getting some help from Flashy, to streamline my main script I'm ready to begin another round of testing. With luck this will be the last one, so I'm going to start a new character and get on that hopefully this afternoon.

Glad to be of assistance. Doubly so since what was trying to be achieved is working so well. Best of luck on your test run and I am more than certain once you release this mod, it'll be a smash success and worth all of your efforts and struggles!

8 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Glad to be of assistance. Doubly so since what was trying to be achieved is working so well. Best of luck on your test run and I am more than certain once you release this mod, it'll be a smash success and worth all of your efforts and struggles!

Thanks. That means a lot.

Ā 

Okay guys...

Ā 

Took longer than I wanted to get going yesterday but my new testing characterĀ (Abigail) is created and Testing is underway.

Ā 

20190813110538_1.jpg.d6c0ff7a4db6b904775cf15c5c888280.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Found an interesting bug. All my sex fragments have a section that takes off the outer armor layers before AAF strips the actor, this is so when people use the limited strip option in AAF (like I always do) you won't end up with naked raiders wearing shoulder armor and such. FYI, during rapesĀ I also do this to the playerĀ slots most commonly associated with backpack mods. Then my script re-equips it all after the scene.

Ā 

The problem seems to be... I'd never messed with anybody in Power armor before... So it's stripping the PA pieces off the frame which is bad. I should be able to fix it with one simple check though. It's just gonna mean adding that toĀ all my sex fragments.

Ā 

Side note: Sargeant Hammer from Mercs and safe passage raped my test character... I feel so betrayedĀ ?

18 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Found an interesting bug. All my sex fragments have a section that takes off the outer armor layers before AAF strips the actor, this is so when people use the limited strip option in AAF (like I always do) you won't end up with naked raiders wearing shoulder armor and such. FYI I also do this to the player slots most commonly associated with backpack mods also. Then my script re-equips it all after the scene.

Ā 

The problem seems to be... I'd never messed with anybody in Power armor before... So it's stripping the PA pieces off the frame which is bad. I should be able to fix it with one simple check though. It's just gonna mean adding that toĀ all my sex fragments.

Ā 

Side note: Sargeant Hammer from Mercs and safe passage raped my test character... I feel so betrayedĀ ?

Nothing like a bit of revenge Blow his balls off

53 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Found an interesting bug. All my sex fragments have a section that takes off the outer armor layers before AAF strips the actor, this is so when people use the limited strip option in AAF (like I always do) you won't end up with naked raiders wearing shoulder armor and such. FYI I also do this to the player slots most commonly associated with backpack mods also. Then my script re-equips it all after the scene.

Ā 

Ā 

PlayerREF.SwitchToPowerArmor(none)

Ā 

Will make the player exit the PA. Or, use an Npc name if you need to.

50 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

PlayerREF.SwitchToPowerArmor(none)

Ā 

Will make the player exit the PA. Or, use an Npc name if you need to.

No, the problem is with NPCs in power armor. I really am not worried about a player dumb enough to go around whoring themselves in Power armor :)Ā 

Ā 

Anyway... I fixed it already as you can see in the screenshot.Ā 

Ā 

20190813143953_1.jpg.57009aa295c4d2bdc25a57a5c09a1773.jpg

Ā 

I still have to add it to the 3 raider scripts. Such a pain in the ass. :)

8 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Stiill... an {npcname}. SwitchToPowerArmor(none) would work too and be one line of code.

Ā 

Anyways. Good to see you got it sorted.

That's an interesting and useful function. Thanks for the heads up.

13 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

That's an interesting and useful function. Thanks for the heads up.

You can even get the linkedref to the power armor the actor gets out of and then use it to force them to re-equip the PA after you have done your actions on them.

Ā 

Like this:

Ā 

; script variable (at top of script)

ObjectReference LastWornPA = None

Keyword Property LinkPowerArmorKeyword auto

Ā 

; remove PA from the actor sent to this function

Function RemoveRA(actor akSender)

Ā Ā Ā Ā  akSender.SwitchToPowerArmor(none)

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  LastWornPA = akSender.GetLinkedRef(LinkPowerArmorKeyword)

EndFunction

Ā 

; force actor to get back into their PA

Function ReequipPA(actor akSender)

Ā Ā Ā Ā  akSender.SwitchToPowerArmor(LastWornPA)

EndFunction

Ā 

Could be useful to you down the road - who knows.... if you are doing this in fragments, it would be better to set these functions in a Quest Script, and then use the TopicInfo to call the kmyQuest from the fragment itself.Ā  Provided of course, in this example, akSpeakerRef was the NPC to get out of PA.

Ā 

ie: kmyQuest.RemovePA(akSpeakerRef as Actor)

Not criticizing this mod. But, commenting on the general subject. I've wanted there to be a "consequences" mod like this that affects NPC characters. So, the PC actions could have observable affects on the destiny of NPC characters (good or bad). In some ways, I think this could be more simple to do than PC consequences because you don't really need to show everything. A lot of things can be represented simply by changing outfits/factionsĀ and locations...

Ā 

Any thoughts on expanding this to affect NPC that way?

38 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Not criticizing this mod. But, commenting on the general subject. I've wanted there to be a "consequences" mod like this that affects NPC characters. So, the PC actions could have observable affects on the destiny of NPC characters (good or bad). In some ways, I think this could be more simple to do than PC consequences because you don't really need to show everything. A lot of things can be represented simply by changing outfits/factionsĀ and locations...

Ā 

All I know is that this mod is feature complete... and I am sick of it :)Ā (Not really it is actually really fun but I've been working on it for over a year now) It already has way too many functions beyond it's original conception.

Ā 

I am intrigued (if a little confused)Ā by your idea though.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Could be useful to you down the road - who knows.... if you are doing this in fragments, it would be better to set these functions in a Quest Script, and then use the TopicInfo to call the kmyQuest from the fragment itself.Ā  Provided of course, in this example, akSpeakerRef was the NPC to get out of PA.

Ā 

ie: kmyQuest.RemovePA(akSpeakerRef as Actor)

Yeah I already have a ginormous quest script full of functions that I call in my fragments. Though I'd be embarassed to tell you how recently I learned to do that. ;)

So the save where Sarge raped Abigail was discarded, since I needed to test the new scripts. Once I continued proper testing I had her spendĀ  2 days with him in order to earn enough to hire him as a Merc. This actually felt like some pretty good synergy between my 2 mods. I am pleased.

Ā 

20190813160640_1.jpg.b2dbfa0098ef04580b8ea468cb810fa7.jpgĀ  Ā 20190813160400_1.jpg.5a6e2cca1df33e0688852ab905b43204.jpg

Ā 

PS: Sarge is a gentlemen, he used lube.

4 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Ā 

Ā 

Actually on second thought I have a (incomplete) mod like that.

Ā 

Before I worked on this mod I spent EVEN LONGER working on a mod of similar size and scope for Fourplay. But temporarily stopped working on it when it became clear that Fourplay was dead, and AAF was eventually going to become much better. I took time off and dicked around in Skyrim until AAF really started to come together and I started working on Hardship as a "small side project" (lol) to learn AAF.

Ā 

Basically ChempusherĀ was a drug dealing mod. You could get people addicted to chems and then exploit them for profit and sexual favors. You could even make one into a prostitute follower. It had probably as much dialogue as Hardship which is to say TOO MUCH.

Ā 

The part that is like what you said Dagobaking (I think) was at any point you could pull back from selling to them and not make their addiction worse, or even help them get off drugs... ORĀ  you could grind them up until they were so bad off they thatĀ might die (suicide, or attacking someone while trying to rob them for drug money) Sometimes they'd be furious at you for ruining their lives and attack you. They'd complain about how sick they felt at the later stages... pretty harsh stuff... You could even Re-addict people you got off drugs (this mod allowed for pretty evil playthroughs)Ā 

Ā 

When I am done I intend to look at it and see if it's worth trying to convert it to AAF. If my coding and methodology are amateurish now... It was much worse then. I knew almost nothing when I started working on Chempusher, so I really debate if it's worth the effort ... but it was a really fun mod.

47 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I had her spendĀ  2 days with him in order to earn enough to hire him as a Merc.

I wonder if I play with DLYH I can stay alive long enough to get money. I only played it once, but I had the feeling that the collar would not take long to explode.