HARDSHIP: Beggar Whore (Upcoming mod) Video preview links

15 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

if using AAF Violate and CSA together thing can get a bit funky if not setup correctly. as you know they do the same kinda thing.

I disabled CSA to test violate though I haven't really gotten to that yet. The bugs in question were unrelated to those other mods. So far what little I've seen of violate I quite like.

14 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

I must admit I do like the alternate ending violate  has when adding @EgoBallistic other mod https://www.loverslab.com/topic/126107-bad-end-purgatory/ .

I'm not really into "Sangine's debauchery" style fantasy stuff. I want my Fallout a bit more grounded. That said I do LOVE the Bad end animation integration in violate especially since you can have them not be fatal, so you have kind of a "hang em high" situation. When they hanged my PC I have to admit it was pretty startling.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

I'm not really into "Sangine's debauchery" style fantasy stuff. I want my Fallout a bit more grounded. That said I do LOVE the Bad end animation integration in violate especially since you can have them not be fatal, so you have kind of a "hang em high" situation. When they hanged my PC I have to admit it was pretty startling.

Thats the kinda reason I like CSA in the way you could end up kidnapped/robbed/fucked or dead and yes I do set the chance of my Devious Devices key's to be robbed at 15% chance, just to add a bit of spice. Anything better then the Time warp fad to black and return to last save but ha that's me. I like a RPG style game and that's I thought Fallout was? It's mods like yours that keep me playing fallout.

Testing Update:

Brought Tishy out of retirement to test AAF Violate.

As expected Hardship works fine alongside AAF Violate provided you set chance of health surrender to 0 and use the hotkey instead. If you want to bypass the menacing raider alltogether you should disable Beggar Whore mode before entering combat, rather than just drawing your weapon. Otherwise if you choose to fight rather than being raped in the Menacing Raider phase Beggar Whore mode will automatically be disabled and you are free to surrender if need be with AAF Violate (Or CSA)

20190824140205_1.jpg.10500b28cc733fa5af5c8031baa3b130.jpg   20190824135617_1.jpg.87958c8cfc64af6d12cedd7e35c97f21.jpg

14 minutes ago, Coraxo said:

Finally got around to watching all the videos and it's all looking amazing! And it's really cool you're also supporting male characters, equal opportunity debauchery! ?

Yeah this is something very important to me that I'll try to do in all my mods. There are limits to how inclusive you can be to every possibility, especially in mods as dialogue heavy as mine, but I do try... sometimes to an insane degree, ? 

Testing update: Nothing much to report which is good news. Gonna start one more male testing character tomorrow, and then if I don't find anything bad after a few days I'll start mocking up the mod page which is gonna be one hell of a thing figuring out how to adequately describe the features without getting too long winded. :)

12 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

Testing update: Nothing much to report which is good news. Gonna start one more male testing character tomorrow, and then if I don't find anything bad after a few days I'll start mocking up the mod page which is gonna be one hell of a thing figuring out how to adequately describe the features without getting too long winded. :)

Just what we need. Another MCG tutorial?. Think I will wait for the movie?️??...

19 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Just what we need. Another MCG tutorial?. Think I will wait for the movie?️??...

I'm hoping I can keep it reasonably brief if I include the video links. I think the one on the menu does a decent job of explaining the interface.

How does this mod interact with Extended Dialogue Interface?

I know this mod uses it's own activation through menu bound to item and can be turned on and off from said menu, but I would like to have the begger whore mode enabled all the time if possible and still be able to interact with vendors and such. So, assuming I have EDI installed will the extra dialogue be automatically added to the list if begger whore mode is enabled or will it overwrite it all? If it does overwrite it and turning the mode off is required can we have something like a separate item or something acting as a quick-key for activating and disabling the mode without the menu popping up? It's not a big deal but it would help immersion to be able to enable and disable the mode without need for the pop-up menu popping in every time if possible.

Also how does the npc approaches work? The DC guards at least can approach players and gunners/raiders when in unthreatening stance with beggar whore mode enabled, but what about the "normal" NPCs like citizens of diamond city or caravans and settlers?

8 hours ago, 4wnrs6 said:

How does this mod interact with Extended Dialogue Interface?

I know this mod uses it's own activation through menu bound to item and can be turned on and off from said menu, but I would like to have the begger whore mode enabled all the time if possible and still be able to interact with vendors and such. So, assuming I have EDI installed will the extra dialogue be automatically added to the list if begger whore mode is enabled or will it overwrite it all? If it does overwrite it and turning the mode off is required can we have something like a separate item or something acting as a quick-key for activating and disabling the mode without the menu popping up? It's not a big deal but it would help immersion to be able to enable and disable the mode without need for the pop-up menu popping in every time if possible.

Also how does the npc approaches work? The DC guards at least can approach players and gunners/raiders when in unthreatening stance with beggar whore mode enabled, but what about the "normal" NPCs like citizens of diamond city or caravans and settlers?

About Vendors... No the dialogue replaces vanilla, that said, vendors are an unusual case where the hello topic fights it out so sometimes in Beggar whore mode you get the vendor dialogue, sometimes the BW dialogue. If you get the BW dialogue you can back out and turn off BW mode. This means that sometimes you just aren't going to be able to whore yourself to vendors when they are on duty if the luck isn't on your side. when that happens, just best to move on and try again later. :) A few vendors I have given special BW dialogue (These are the ones that will greet you with something like "What can I do for you today?") In those cases the BW dialogue always wins.

On the subject of EDI and alternate dialogue systems in general... I have been meaning to get around to testing this with one of those kinds of mods . I'm not gonna sugar coat it, I designed this for the vanilla interface... I don't like using mods that dig that deep into the UI's guts. That said It should be reasonably compatible? The only thing that might throw a monkey wrench is I have a decent amount of alternate random player dialogue for many situations, so the player doesn't always say the exact same thing when they have to repeat it 4000 times. Anyway I'll test that briefly at the end.

As far as the second question. NPCs don't technically approach the player... There are no force greet packages in this mod. (Though the initial Gunner Greet does force you into a convo, and of course the guards hauling you in.)  Most of the BW dialogue are Hellos, which means if the NPC has Vanilla hello dialogue. ("Wanna do something fun? Run the bases... trust me" etc...) Then in BW mode they will say something like huh? or what? when near you. at which point you can just walk past and ignore them, or just start the convo. Of course if they don't greet you, you can still greet them and start it. This works out great for the guards as they will not nab you unless you get too close. Caveat: I dunno how "NPC be quiet" type mods that affect greeting behavior will affect the guards.

There have been times I was just finishing a chat with an NPC and a guard just happened to waltz too close and give me a warning, or worse nab me, and that really feels quite like you have been caught doing something :D

1 hour ago, Clegane said:

As far as I see in videos, player opens menu via holotape and dialog changing

It's not a holotape, those are WAY too slow. the menu is an apparel item that takes up the ring slot. It auto unequips after every selection. I chose this system bevause it is incredibly fast. Much faster than a checkbox in MCM.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

The only thing that might throw a monkey wrench is I have a decent amount of alternate random player dialogue for many situations, so the player doesn't always say the exact same thing when they have to repeat it 4000 times.

As far as I know that shouldn't be a problem, as there's plenty of "alternative" dialogue already in game that is selected at random, such as dismissing dogmeat or any follower resulting in a random dismissal line out of several specific for that follower. EDI doesn't always predict exactly what will be said in these cases and the dismissing line will say "we should part ways" and then character says "go on, wait for me at home" or some other line from same pool.

3 minutes ago, Vuulgar said:

This may get me back in FO4, I love the way Gunners and Raiders arent auto hostile. Specially Gunners as they are businessmen, shooting possible customers seems self-defeating.

Yes, I always felt that gunners being just another raider gang was a waste. You can also use my Mercenaries and safe passage mod to engage with them (like if you have a general trading mod or whatever) but for that case you have to pay an expensive merc to hang out with you. :)

Raiders are still hostile in hardship... They just like to play with their food before they eat it ;) 

Congratulations on your fabulous promo videos... they leave you wanting more!

So looking forward to playing this mod... I have always played on standard difficulty but am reading guides on Survival now :)

My question: are the outcomes (I guess percentage chances) affected by certain PERKS such as Black Widow/Lady Killer, Lone Wanderer (for damage taken, thus recovery time?) and the amount of points spent in LUCK? Or are results a fixed flat percentage based on mod-specific variables?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Tentacus said:

About Vendors... No the dialogue replaces vanilla, that said, vendors are an unusual case where the hello topic fights it out so sometimes in Beggar whore mode you get the vendor dialogue, sometimes the BW dialogue. If you get the BW dialogue you can back out and turn off BW mode. This means that sometimes you just aren't going to be able to whore yourself to vendors when they are on duty if the luck isn't on your side. when that happens, just best to move on and try again later. :) A few vendors I have given special BW dialogue (These are the ones that will greet you with something like "What can I do for you today?") In those cases the BW dialogue always wins.

I had a idea and since I already brought this up... How much extra work would it be to try and implement similar mechanic for dialogue as M.C.G. and Sex Em Up has, as in having a bindable hotkey that when pressed while looking at NPC would then open the beggar whore dialogue event with that NPC instead the normal one? Likely not really worth it to try and make something like that this far into testing but perhaps at some point after the mod is out? IF that can be done relatively easily that is.

If not then I think I can live with toggling it on and off as needed.

4 hours ago, FO4Life said:

My question: are the outcomes (I guess percentage chances) affected by certain PERKS such as Black Widow/Lady Killer, Lone Wanderer (for damage taken, thus recovery time?) and the amount of points spent in LUCK? Or are results a fixed flat percentage based on mod-specific variables?

For the most part no. I mostly wanted to keep it a self contained simple system. The only things that affect outcome are the attractiveness of your character based on which menu option you select, If they have been beaten recently (IE are percieved as looking bruised). Whether they are a returning customer, and if the customer is male or female. Some NPCs who are canonically gay won't sleep with the opposite sex. Some won't cheat on their spouse.

There MIGHT be a few lines dependant on Charisma or Intelligence but I honestly can't remember... as it's been a year and thousands-ish lines of dialogue.

1 hour ago, 4wnrs6 said:

I had a idea and since I already brought this up... How much extra work would it be to try and implement similar mechanic for dialogue as M.C.G. and Sex Em Up has, as in having a bindable hotkey that when pressed while looking at NPC would then open the beggar whore dialogue event with that NPC instead the normal one? Likely not really worth it to try and make something like that this far into testing but perhaps at some point after the mod is out? IF that can be done relatively easily that is.

If not then I think I can live with toggling it on and off as needed.

Yeah, sorry. Not really interested in doing that. I'm happy with how it works and don't really like having to deal with hotkeys.

3 hours ago, mashup47 said:

Soon. it's in testing phase.

Yep.

Something just occurred to me while setting up my new testing character, that's kind of a nice compatibility feature of my mod. Lets say you set up the sexual history of your character as a virgin, or just someone who isn't a virgin but has never been raped. Then lets say the first time you run into raiders you immediately surrender using CSA or Violate going through hardship. That won't register as changing your sexual history in Hardship. But all you have to do is go to the menu and change it yourself. Pretty easy.

Welp... This is why I'm still testing. Found a pretty annoying bug on my new male character. During female Raider rapes male I am getting the "Is your pussy wet or not?" menu in addition to the "Can you get it up for her?" menu. So I'll have to fix that. Odd, since that feature's been well tested. Might have happened when Flashy helped me rewrite part of my main script... who knows. EDIT: Nope found it. It was in the raider rape fragment itself. I guess I haven't had a male PC raped by a female raider since I added the wet check menu. *sigh*  EDIT: I also had to fix the Raider prostitution fragment. Pretty boneheaded mistake. The others seem fine.

My new test character's back story is that he escaped from a cannibal cult who had raised him to be a human sacrifice, and kept him a virgin :) (hense the weird Tattoo in the pics below).  Unfortunately for him DLYH plopped him right next to a raider camp... so he ain't a virgin any more.

PS: That Vietnam war gear mod is freakin fantastic.

20190828102501_1.jpg.bfee8e904a5a30e633481833415f74d2.jpg

20190828151533_1.jpg.bc0e1f312dd2cddbbeec43e712b37532.jpg   20190828151641_1.jpg.61f6292f3f2161663255bd54d81b81ab.jpg

20190828151714_1.jpg.2e4fdffdcf4080a2f0295c15cc46e495.jpg   20190828151849_1.jpg.74e00e0c1ec713a285d5e05c2c9956b6.jpg

TESTING UPDATE:

I got to test the RESET KEYWORD DIALOGUE option again. It worked as intended. Sometimes for no reason at all it seems, raiders you've never met end up with the cooldown keyword, and since you never actually interacted with them it's stuck on them forever. I think it has to do with templated NPCs.

If you end up with a raider that won't menace or spectate even after all others have gone... you can A just leave them as they are... and say "Oh that raider can't even be bothered to rape me" ;) or B you can go to the utilities menu, select RESET KEYWORD DIALOGUE, then talk to them. They should immediately fill the Menacing raider alias. If you have just been raped they will immediately go for sloppy seconds otherwise you'll get the Menacing Raider dialogue.

This option can fix other kinds of problems as well, as it essentially erases your personal sexual history with the NPC you reset so it should be used with extreme caution.

Next up for testing: I'm going to install EDI and see how that goes. Hopefully well as I'd like to try out "Just Business".