HARDSHIP: Beggar Whore (Upcoming mod) Video preview links

EDI works fine though personally I don't like that it displays one of the random dialogues but not necessarily the one you will say. IMO it's actually less immersive than a well thought out vanilla button topic, but oh well, to each his own. I'm stuck with it now on this character :) 

Back to testing... Here's hoping I've seen the last significant bug.

May have found a similar bug to yesterday in the comnpanion sex fragment, where it's giving me two menus.

EDIT: This is an edgecase where you attempt to have sex with a female gunner after they've started to leave your service. I'll go ahead and fix it though.

Also some lines aren't super clear as to what they mean in EDI. For instance I have a topic of OFFER FREE SEX but the actual line is just "Um..." which leads to the actual choices. I might tweak that a little, but It's not a big priority.  I have a few options but none are perfectly serving both interface styles.

EDIT: I guess the mod author actually calls it XDI :P Anyway I think I'll just release an XDI patch after Hardship is released to give full lines of dialogue in such cases (shouldn't be that many) It seems like a better solution than half-assing something that just makes both interface styles worse... so for now I am not going to hold the mod up worrying about it.

8 minutes ago, leon90star said:

wow if the mods in these videos are real then you r the big boss of fallout 4 modding!

Well it is real... but don't judge anything until you play it ;) I'm still largely a novice... but I have a few fresh ideas.

I spoke too soon... XDI appears to be fully incompatible with Hardship.

Any Random dialogue with dialogue conditions, such as the Sexual limits, and the Addiction dialogue appears to not function properly. XDI just ignores the conditions when grabbing the dialogue to display, so I get the Dialogue for no butt sex, but never the dialogue to reverse that decision. I get the dialogue for Psycho addiction having never taken psycho in the game etc... and it REALLY fucks up some of the timed dialogue shenanigans I have.

If after release somebody wants to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it that's great but I just can't be arsed to redevelop this mod's fundamental functionality to suit this.

The good news is It's really easy to set up a profile specifically for Hardship without XDI in Mod Organizer 2. 

And now I get to go back a whole bunch of saves.

Vortex also handles profiles. I will have a profile without Just Business, hehe, which is the only reason I have EDI.

My character will be a slave who escaped from her slavers. And I don't think someone like that begins to enslave people. She would have neither physical nor intellectual capacity. It would be like a puppy released into the jungle. :classic_cool:

32 minutes ago, JBpy said:

Vortex also handles profiles. I will have a profile without Just Business, hehe, which is the only reason I have EDI.

My character will be a slave who escaped from her slavers. And I don't think someone like that begins to enslave people. She would have neither physical nor intellectual capacity. It would be like a puppy released into the jungle. :classic_cool:

I should also note that the next mod I do will likely be an abduction/slavery mod. (player as aggressor only though... I think I've had enough of making bottoming mods for QUITE some time) It'll probably be pretty tightly focused and on the simple side (yeah right) TBH I already started working on it this weekend as I made myself a little mini mod that makes NPCs yelp when you smack em with a (low damage) cane. hehe. ?

Anyway, I'm glad you guys aren't too disappointed about the XDI. I know that some people really fanatically detest the Vanilla interface. Since I started modding I've tried to lean into it's strengths. Of course those same people probably looked at my videos and scoffed that I use a controller. :D

2 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Is there a male version of Queen Isabel in the mod...well...more or less? My Nora tends to prefer men. 

2 of the 4 pimps are male. All have a slight D/s tinge to them but none as explicitly as Isabel. They are Mister Raymond, and BD.

20190829192849_1.jpg.76af5158a6cd5ffe746e4dafc0f14de7.jpg    20190829193043_1.jpg.6edbf5d65dab37f7f0da83da472eab52.jpg

In addition you can turn a repeated rapist into a sort of abusive boyfriend, which functions as a "pimp-lite", this also has kind of a (definitely not safe or sane) D/s tinge to it. On one of my playthroughs I had Hawthorn as "Bad boyfriend" and it was pretty great.

image.png.69aca6e7cafa03ce0554a4269ba1efb4.png

Holding out patiently as I can until release. This looks amazing, all the kudos. That said, any ETA? I could get hit by a bus any day now and I would hate to miss the chance to add this to my survival game. :P

1 minute ago, Daguy said:

Holding out patiently as I can until release. This looks amazing, all the kudos. That said, any ETA? I could get hit by a bus any day now and I would hate to miss the chance to add this to my survival game. :P

Still kinda waiting for One Patch 2.0 to come out. Given the bugs I found today another few days of testing are warranted as well.. but soon :)

TESTING UPDATE:

After the last play session I added the backpack slots to the NPC armor items I strip (not usings AAF's native stripping) Because the new Scavver backpacks mod (which is great!) adds backpacks to gunners and I use AAF's limited strip and can't stand being shagged by a naked Gunner wearing a backpack. ? )

Sorry guys today is a general fix fallout 4 and find out why I have missing textures day (yyyyay!) :)

EDIT: This shit just reminds me what a fantastic debugging tool Mod Organizer is. It's like this one time... I was having CTDs and I shit you not. It ended up being caused by a SINGLE... FUCKING... EYE TEXTURE! 

I could have unchecked every single master and plugin in NMM and never been able to figure it out. But being able to systematically disable entire mods and all their files in the left Pane made it only semi-agony. 

Anyway I seem to have solved this so I may get some testing in later.

6 hours ago, Tentacus said:

It ended up being caused by a SINGLE... FUCKING... EYE TEXTURE! 

Yeah... had a pair of boots become corrupt form one of the CTD's. Yep... crashes WILL corrupt files.

Luckily it was easy to figure out since only 2 NPC's in that area were unique.

TESTING UPDATE: Well this is disconcerting. I created a new character specifically to test in Goodneighbor. (I haven't really tested the guard mechanics there) All of a sudden though my No Anal limit stopped working. It seems that a compiled script somehow got corrupted. It was easy enough to fix, I just recompiled it but now I'm going to be paranoid *sigh*

In less depressing news, as long as I am testing in Goodneighbor, this morning I extended the House Party (protocol... heh) to also work for Hotel Rexford. Now if you are working for Mister Raymond at Rexford you can invite customers back to the stairwell longue to wait for you. I don't forsee any problems... but this feature isn't tested yet so consider it... not guaranteed.

Here's my new testing character, Teana:

20190831092603_1.jpg.f9e79a8fce365a5af8fec47c2b3f11b4.jpg   20190831092415_1.jpg.a1160e809c0f2965a65917795a56d97f.jpg

@Tentacus do you foresee any problems if Hardship is added on an existing save, or do you recommend starting a new character? I was thinking of getting a headstart on my Horizon run this weekend, and since it'll take me a good while before I reach Diamond City etc. anyway, I figured might as well?

1 hour ago, Coraxo said:

@Tentacus do you foresee any problems if Hardship is added on an existing save, or do you recommend starting a new character? I was thinking of getting a headstart on my Horizon run this weekend, and since it'll take me a good while before I reach Diamond City etc. anyway, I figured might as well?

Hmmmm.... I don't think there could be any problems with that. As long as you have AAF set up right and all your animations working... I don't imagine there is anything in my mod that would require a fresh start. My only real concern is that thematically this mod is better for a dirt poor rock bottom character. If you have 90,000 caps and are level 40 it might not be quite the same experience. ;)

1 hour ago, koso1232 said:

What about adding strip work. Something like we beg for caps and someone for refuse wants us to remove our clothes for about 10 seconds.

While a fine idea I'm not gonna add anything like that at this point. I only added the Rexford stuff because it required editing one script and adding 2 lines of dialogue  :) This mod's dialogue trees are already the equivilent of the back of a hi-fi enthusiasts equipment stack. Just a nightmarish tangle of connectors that some how works.

Interestingly enough though in my unfinished mod Chempusher. If you turned one of your customers into a prostitute follower one of the things you could make them do was dance to drum up interest (Just the magnolia dance lol) This would draw in onlookers who would cheer and clap. and then you as the Pusher could go sell them drugs while they watched her/him :D and then double your profits whoring them out after they were done dancing, and the customers were high.

Alright back to testing. Hopefully the Rexford code works. I did it at 4:30 this morning on 4 hrs of sleep. ?