Vtaw Workshop - Fallout 4 Clothing Armor Mods

On 7/12/2019 at 9:03 AM, Vtaw said:

General Info
1. Every mod uses CBBE, fill free to convert them to other bodies.

Can we share links here (or in other post in LL to not saturate the threads) I talk about mega links for the things uploaded to mega. I have a couple of outfits for FG in case anyone wants it

On 2/1/2021 at 4:12 AM, kharneth1 said:

Can we share links here (or in other post in LL to not saturate the threads) I talk about mega links for the things uploaded to mega. I have a couple of outfits for FG in case anyone wants it

I'm always happy to have Vtaw FG conversions.  If, Vtaw doesn't mind, i'd appreciate the upload.  :)

On 1/29/2021 at 3:59 AM, DevilDoom said:

You do know you can pay once, get the files you desire (meaning all probably) and then cancel the subscription, therefore you will be charged only once.

(if we are talking about Patreon, of course..)

Really? If so I wouldn't mind doing like that.

As soon as things get good for me I'll give it some good thought bud :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 3:23 AM, Nevadathehighelf said:

@Vtaw

Loving your mods bud! I'll be honest, your mods just seem to work awesomely with bodyslide more than others.

I just wish that kpop shoes mod worked well with your outfits, sometimes other outfit mods don't fit.

This sort of thing mostly depends on which slots have been assigned to various items, not too sure why but quite a few people assign the body slot 32 to shoes, to me feet or legs would be more in line with what they are, might have something to do with the high heels system for fallout 4 if they use that on the outfit.

• 2 weeks later...

1) these are all awesome, like literally all of them so nice job @Vtaw

2) do they ever get officially ported to skyrim cbbe?

3) how hard is it to port stuff from fo4 CBBE to SSE CBBE?

4) if you're not planning to port them to skyrim because it's a tonne of work would you be willing to give permission for someone else to do it?

can anyone help me with advice? I redid the skeleton, inserted ~ 20 new bones. Tied a grid to them. The mesh, cbbe with new bones and morphs, itself works ok in the game. But I ran into a problem in outfit studio. Clothes with old weights are slightly offset and tilted relative to the net. After copying a new weight onto it, it is aligned and tied, but in the game it stretches to the side, as if on one side it was not tied to the bones. After repeated copying, the problem disappears and the clothes ok. The strangest thing ... The regular cbbe mesh now behaves exactly the same. If you add clothes, the 33rd slot is offset and slightly tilted. Likewise, copying the weight flattens the grids. I thought the problem might be in the skeleton, but when replacing the skeleton with a standard one, the problem persists. By itself, this is not critical. I'll just have to duplicate the weight on the clothes twice. But it scares me that I do not understand what exactly is the cause of this phenomenon.

2 hours ago, South8028 said:

can anyone help me with advice? I redid the skeleton, inserted ~ 20 new bones. Tied a grid to them. The mesh, cbbe with new bones and morphs, itself works ok in the game. But I ran into a problem in outfit studio. Clothes with old weights are slightly offset and tilted relative to the net. After copying a new weight onto it, it is aligned and tied, but in the game it stretches to the side, as if on one side it was not tied to the bones. After repeated copying, the problem disappears and the clothes ok. The strangest thing ... The regular cbbe mesh now behaves exactly the same. If you add clothes, the 33rd slot is offset and slightly tilted. Likewise, copying the weight flattens the grids. I thought the problem might be in the skeleton, but when replacing the skeleton with a standard one, the problem persists. By itself, this is not critical. I'll just have to duplicate the weight on the clothes twice. But it scares me that I do not understand what exactly is the cause of this phenomenon.

Sounds like common sense to me.........You basically created a new skeleton, so it stands to reason you'll need to make a new body, new clothes, etc. Maybe you could call it Super CBBE?

:innocent:

On 2/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, Dojo_dude said:

Is it normal to have the body inside the clothes clipping while I walk or move? I'm using the same preset for both body and clothes.

Happens quite often. Especially with Fusion Girl bodies. First I fix the clipping with the character standing at idle, in Outfit Studio. Then I run a little and see where it clips due to physics. It is pretty easy to add a little more mesh "thickness" and stop the walking/running/sneaking clipping. Just do it a little at a time in OS, run the game, check it, rinse and repeat. 

I tried the 3BBB body for CBBE and sure it is nicer than just the usual animations. Then I checked if any Vtaw outfits are converted to this new body format. Could not find any so I tried myself at my most important armor set from Vtaw, the open jacket from the Utility Pack(most important set imo).  But the copying weight strategy did not work perfectly and I ended up with armor pieces  that are partially stiff. Assuming this is due my own incompetence I was wondering if anyone here has knowledge of functioning conversions for that?

Another question.

I found an optimized texture pack for vtaw clothes and was wondering what they exactly do.

http://www.skyrim-beautification-project.com/fallout4/mods/mods/   "[F3] Vtaw"

6 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

I tried the 3BBB body for CBBE and sure it is nicer than just the usual animations. Then I checked if any Vtaw outfits are converted to this new body format. Could not find any so I tried myself at my most important armor set from Vtaw, the open jacket from the Utility Pack(most important set imo).  But the copying weight strategy did not work perfectly and I ended up with armor pieces  that are partially stiff. Assuming this is due my own incompetence I was wondering if anyone here has knowledge of functioning conversions for that?

Another question.

I found an optimized texture pack for vtaw clothes and was wondering what they exactly do.

http://www.skyrim-beautification-project.com/fallout4/mods/mods/   "[F3] Vtaw"

Bones are simply copied from the body to clothing and not some alchemy. Just open the project with regular CBBE bones, delete the sliders. If it's slot 33, delete the cbbe body as well. Add the body with sliders you need as a project, or import it from the characterrasset folder, femaleBody.nif and then its femaleBody.tri - morphs/sliders. body and morphs should be created on a body slide with zero sliders.

Next, select the body. Set reference. While holding shift, select all meshs with clothes, if there are several slots. Go to shape / copy bone weight. choose 10 and 10 on both points, or more for very long heels. Next, remove the selection from the clothes, go to the body. slider / conform all. 10 and 10. If this is slot 33, then use a mask to mark the part of the mesh body to be delete from the shoe. tools / invert mask. shape / delete vertices.if these are the rest of the slots. Not 33 -  remove the "set reference" from the body and delete body. The sliders and weights have already been copied.

sculpt clothes and a body, if necessary. save the project. 

put your preset in the body slide, go to batch build, check the box for your clothes. build. Everything, clothes with new bones, or clothes with a body with new bones in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 3:48 AM, Vtaw said:

Vtaw March Dress
Bodyslide support, modular, craftable at chem lab.

dress4.thumb.jpg.674848414bddbd64ddff40e192f6af38.jpg

OMG what a gorgeous mini-toga! :classic_tongue: Is this available for SSE, or can it be easily converted to SSE?

I'm pretty handy with Outfit Studio and SSEEdit but clue-free about how to convert clothes from FO4 to SSE. Thanks.

10 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

OMG what a gorgeous mini-toga! :classic_tongue: Is this available for SSE, or can it be easily converted to SSE?

I'm pretty handy with Outfit Studio and SSEEdit but clue-free about how to convert clothes from FO4 to SSE. Thanks.

In general, with the help of outfit studio, you can bind any mesh that you just downloaded from the Internet to the bones. You can put on a model of a tire from a car wheel instead of a bikini and tie it to the bones, and wear it in the game. ) Therefore, I think there can be no problems with the finished clothes.