Vtaw Workshop - Fallout 4 Clothing Armor Mods

11 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

OMG what a gorgeous mini-toga! :classic_tongue: Is this available for SSE, or can it be easily converted to SSE?

I'm pretty handy with Outfit Studio and SSEEdit but clue-free about how to convert clothes from FO4 to SSE. Thanks.

44 minutes ago, South8028 said:

In general, with the help of outfit studio, you can bind any mesh that you just downloaded from the Internet to the bones. You can put on a model of a tire from a car wheel instead of a bikini and tie it to the bones, and wear it in the game. ) Therefore, I think there can be no problems with the finished clothes.

However, the meshes from different games may not be compatible by default, and cause issues. Though there are conversion templates in OS from Fallout to Skyrim, the meshes may need the use of Cathedral Assets Optimizer beforehand.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, compleCCity said:

However, the meshes from different games may not be compatible by default, and cause issues. Though there are conversion templates in OS from Fallout to Skyrim, the meshes may need the use of Cathedral Assets Optimizer beforehand.

it cannot be incompatible, because any obj from the point of view of os is just a mesh. It doesn't matter what resource it is imported from into os. )

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, verstimmt said:

Hello, first of all I really love your stuff, thanks for the work and the nice clothes. 

Next, it seems I did smth stupid... I tried on some outfits before editing them in outfit studio and this has kind of overwrote my cbbe body somehow?! Sorry, if this was stupid, but I can't seem to ged rid of your bodyshape anymore, even if I load older saves or upload a new cbbe bodyshape... so is there maybe a way to get this overlay away again? 

First: Usually there's no need to edit Vtaw's outfits in Outfit Studio before using them.
Second: They come pre-built to Vtaw's BodySlide preset (contained in some of the mods, e.g. the Wardrobes). If you put them on, your bodyshape changes to that preset. But if changing clothes or stripping, your character should return to the shape of the other clothes or the nude body you're using. Normally. I don't think, any of Vtaw's mods contains a replacement mesh for the nude body (though I haven't checked and may be wrong).

So, if anything, you might want to build the Vtaw outfits to your preferred preset with BodySlide – which only then may require fixing some clipping with Outfit Studio.

I wonder if you can add bones to clothing without adding bones to the skeleton? And if you add, how do you animate them? I mean, I know how to animate regular meshes and regular bones in max, but then how to run this animation on clothes? Sirius's clothes have an animated helmet, which means, in principle, it is possible to do this. Or, for example, if you just animate a static mesh of clothes, without bones. Will Outfit studio skip animation, or kill it when copying bones?

20 hours ago, South8028 said:

I wonder if you can add bones to clothing without adding bones to the skeleton? And if you add, how do you animate them? I mean, I know how to animate regular meshes and regular bones in max, but then how to run this animation on clothes? Sirius's clothes have an animated helmet, which means, in principle, it is possible to do this. Or, for example, if you just animate a static mesh of clothes, without bones. Will Outfit studio skip animation, or kill it when copying bones?

As far as I know, pure cloth physics are different from body physics and don't require the skeleton. A common way to add cloth physics to a custom outfit would be to copy them in Outfit Studio from another, similar outfit that already comes with them. You can distinguish between body and additional cloth physics in Outfit Studio by activating the body mesh only: on the bones tab, now all body bones would be highlighted; those that remain not highlighted are the pure cloth bones.

On 6/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, compleCCity said:

As far as I know, pure cloth physics are different from body physics and don't require the skeleton. A common way to add cloth physics to a custom outfit would be to copy them in Outfit Studio from another, similar outfit that already comes with them. You can distinguish between body and additional cloth physics in Outfit Studio by activating the body mesh only: on the bones tab, now all body bones would be highlighted; those that remain not highlighted are the pure cloth bones.

In general, from all that I have found, this is possible, but it is not yet known how. As usual, there are no descriptions for the official max plugin. The author of each article complained that Max 2013 is not available, but everyone is categorically against the pirated version, even on pain of death. ) Tissue bones are specialized Bone_Cloth bones. They are added with BSClothExtraData. I have max 2013 and an official plugin. I will, as usual, blindly experiment until I succeed.

On 5/12/2021 at 6:47 AM, noctiswastaken said:

How do I go about downloading and adding these through MEGA??

Assuming you're using MO2, find the MO2 downloads folder and save the zip file directly in there, then refresh the downloads pane and it will show up as if you downloaded it off Nexus.