• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, -Player1- said:

Some of my NPC's are having a black head

Are you talking about the black face bug? In this case it's not the mod, it's the bad facegen of those NPCs. Some NPC overhaul mods sometimes does that to a few NPCs.

EXTREMELY ... Shiny

As for this you could try adjusting the numbers in the specular and glossiness section in MCM page.

Btw I no longer use this mod since SKSE 1.5.97 is not supported, so my answer might or might not be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Brilliant .. The only thing I am missing is in fact the face textures that do not get sweaty as well..

Any idea if there is textures for that as well ??

Sorry just forgot to mention something..

The only face textures that doesn't get wet is my character nothing else the NPC work ok, also didn't mention that I use High Poly Heads for my main character only so maybe that is the reason the face doesn't get wet..

If anyone knows a Wet  texture for High Poly Heads please it would be nice ..

Thanks

On 3/31/2020 at 8:41 AM, Bullfye said:

This is Brilliant .. The only thing I am missing is in fact the face textures that do not get sweaty as well..

Any idea if there is textures for that as well ??

Sorry just forgot to mention something..

The only face textures that doesn't get wet is my character nothing else the NPC work ok, also didn't mention that I use High Poly Heads for my main character only so maybe that is the reason the face doesn't get wet..

If anyone knows a Wet  texture for High Poly Heads please it would be nice ..

Thanks

I was having the same problem you described, but I managed to solve it by activating the Racemenu mod in the console (showracemenu) and saving my character without changing any settings.  The fact that your NPCs have shiny faces suggests that your mod was installed correctly. 

@loversusers

Sexlab's default cum textures show up properly in my game.  I don't know if it matters, but I have this mod at the bottom of my load order after all of my Sexlab mods.

Auto Apply is optional.  For newly spawned NPCs, Auto Apply assumes the NPC was performing it's current activity for an hour (adjustable) before it spawned.  Thus, the barmaid at the tavern you just entered may already be sweating from having worked for an hour before you arrived.  It also can be toggled to automatically apply effects for Sexlab animations.

The mod works for me having Auto Apply disabled.  In order to test whether it works in your game, change the values in the Wetness tab to exaggerated levels.  For example, change both the Stamina Usage and Sprinting Rate to 5 and set the Weather Influence - None (indoors) to -0.1.  Then, go inside a building and sprint against a wall until your stamina is zero.  You should see the wet textures applied, but if not, check the Targets tab to see if the mod is working on your character.  Make sure your character is the Current Target and it says RUNNING next to your name.  After the sprint test, the Current Value of Wetness should be >8 and the Specular and Glossiness values should be close to the maximum limit you set for the mod.

The default values for Wet Function Redux are somewhat subtle.  I use the settings below so that my character is sweaty after almost any activity and stays wet for a long time afterward.  You can decrease the values for Pleasant and None (indoor) if you prefer your character to be dry sometimes.  :P  I also use max specular (reflectiveness) = 12 and max glossiness (clarity of reflection; opposite of hazy) = 200 without any ENB to get shiny skin without it being blinding in sunlight.  You can try this as a starting point.

My experience with SLSO is that it only gives the player some control over who orgasms when, and is limited by the player's stamina and magicka bars.  I think NPC behavior is dictated by the SLSO settings.  They aren't playing the mouse-clicking game against you.

WFR Wet settings.jpg

if you saved a custom Racemenu preset when the wet effect is applied to the character, the next time you load that RM preset,your character skin will be glossy as default and also it will guarantee to corrupt your save file and crash your game every time you load that save file unless you delete SKEE,just saying, learn from my mistake

Oh Man.. You did it .. Manage to get High Poly Heads compat...And I am trying it  today ..

Thanks for listening us ..

PS: Just installed it after uninstalling the old version .. Got in game and came a doubt to I have to reset the MCM menu to its default stats ??

PS: Works fine as it is .. Just uninstalled the old version as I said , installed this new one and now everything perfect, and yes .. Yes ...The High Poly Heads now get wet as well..

Thanks again..

It really gives Sexlab and the body a special touch on those special moments and when its raining or the character is making some physical effort... 

I received log spam like this. And random CTDs when NPCs are too much.

[04/12/2020 - 02:03:45PM] Error: Cannot cast from None to String[]
stack:
    [WetFunctionMCM (60000800)].WetFunctionMCM.TextureCheck() - "WetFunctionMCM.psc" Line ?
    [WetFunctionMCM (60000800)].WetFunctionMCM.TextureMenu() - "WetFunctionMCM.psc" Line ?
    [WetFunctionMCM (60000800)].WetFunctionMCM.ecPage() - "WetFunctionMCM.psc" Line ?
    [WetFunctionMCM (60000800)].WetFunctionMCM.OnPageReset() - "ecMCM.psc" Line ?
    [WetFunctionMCM (60000800)].WetFunctionMCM.SetPage() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (19000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnPageSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line ?

6 hours ago, hardnokx said:

Current version's MCM is not showing up when making a new game. I have all requirements and previous version's MCM was appearing with no issue.

Try using the version just before this newest one. I'm still presently using that one, and I have no issues with it.

4 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

Try using the version just before this newest one. I'm still presently using that one, and I have no issues with it.

The only downloadable file is the latest version. I no longer have any other previous versions.

8 hours ago, Modsszzz said:

How exactly do I install this for ECE using MO2? Am I just dragging the Racemenu BSA and Scripts over to WetFunction or something else?

UPDATE: I tried it with just Racemenu installed and it wouldn't work with Racemenu either. I've installed the mod with MO2 alongside the optional textures, I've gone into the MCM (which works for me) and I've targeted my player and run the mod. However visuals do not change upon entering water. Help??

5 hours ago, Modsszzz said:

UPDATE: I tried it with just Racemenu installed and it wouldn't work with Racemenu either. I've installed the mod with MO2 alongside the optional textures, I've gone into the MCM (which works for me) and I've targeted my player and run the mod. However visuals do not change upon entering water. Help??

Forgive me if I explain things that are obvious since I don't know how experienced you are with Skyrim modding.

Since you see the MCM menu, I think the installation is okay.  After swimming in water, does your Targets tab look like this?

Spoiler

wfr-tar-run2.jpg.aa3093ccce9a3db87e9140f0b673d7f0.jpg

For testing purposes, try setting the Max Specular and Max Glossiness in the Visuals tab to high values so the effect would be blatantly obvious.

- If the Current Values of Wetness, Specular, and Glossiness aren't near their maximum limits, try sprinting against a wall until your stamina bar is empty.  Repeat a second time and check the Current Values again.  They should now be near their maximum values. (Alternatively, use Force Values to dictate high levels of Specular and Glossiness for testing.)

- If the current values are high but you aren't seeing glossy skin, then either 1) the environmental conditions for glossiness aren't met or 2) the mod's wet textures didn't get applied.

1) Try to make sure there is a bright light source ("bulb") like the mid-day sun or a full moon shining directly on your character.  The fake ambient lighting on cloudy days and in many interior cells in the vanilla game won't generate specular effects.  Equipping a torch will put a bulb right next to your character.

2) This is more difficult to solve since a number of errors may cause it.  If you have all the Texture Effects activated in the Visuals tab and Wetness is currently high, even without a bright light source, you should see faint grey circles and rivulets representing sweat when you focus in on your character's skin.  If you neither see gloss nor sweat but the Current Values of Specular and Glossiness are high, then the mod failed to apply the wet texture.  This is a known bug (see OP).   <Aside: I used to encounter this bug occasionally when loading a game or changing cells.  I'm guessing that since this and other script-based mods that affect NPCs run when loading a cell, the high number of scripts trying to run simultaneously causes some of them to not finish.  Ever since I disabled Auto-Apply:Global and began waiting two seconds after loading/changing cells, I haven't experienced it again.>  I suggest two ways to try to fix this:

- Move to a new cell to force the Wet Function script to run again and hopefully fix itself.  Unfortunately, in my experience even if this does work, sometimes returning to the original problem cell removes the wet texture again.  -OR-

- (Recommended) Go to the Targets tab and click STOP EFFECT.  Exit the MCM and return to the game.  Wait a couple of seconds for the command to take effect.  Then go to the Misc tab and click CLEAR ALL DATA.  Again, exit the MCM and wait briefly.  Finally, go back to Targets and click START.  Repeat the test steps and hopefully it works.

Good luck and sorry for being so wordy!

16 hours ago, jbravo said:

Forgive me if I explain things that are obvious since I don't know how experienced you are with Skyrim modding.

Since you see the MCM menu, I think the installation is okay.  After swimming in water, does your Targets tab look like this?

Reveal hidden contents

wfr-tar-run2.jpg.aa3093ccce9a3db87e9140f0b673d7f0.jpg

For testing purposes, try setting the Max Specular and Max Glossiness in the Visuals tab to high values so the effect would be blatantly obvious.

- If the Current Values of Wetness, Specular, and Glossiness aren't near their maximum limits, try sprinting against a wall until your stamina bar is empty.  Repeat a second time and check the Current Values again.  They should now be near their maximum values. (Alternatively, use Force Values to dictate high levels of Specular and Glossiness for testing.)

- If the current values are high but you aren't seeing glossy skin, then either 1) the environmental conditions for glossiness aren't met or 2) the mod's wet textures didn't get applied.

1) Try to make sure there is a bright light source ("bulb") like the mid-day sun or a full moon shining directly on your character.  The fake ambient lighting on cloudy days and in many interior cells in the vanilla game won't generate specular effects.  Equipping a torch will put a bulb right next to your character.

2) This is more difficult to solve since a number of errors may cause it.  If you have all the Texture Effects activated in the Visuals tab and Wetness is currently high, even without a bright light source, you should see faint grey circles and rivulets representing sweat when you focus in on your character's skin.  If you neither see gloss nor sweat but the Current Values of Specular and Glossiness are high, then the mod failed to apply the wet texture.  This is a known bug (see OP).   <Aside: I used to encounter this bug occasionally when loading a game or changing cells.  I'm guessing that since this and other script-based mods that affect NPCs run when loading a cell, the high number of scripts trying to run simultaneously causes some of them to not finish.  Ever since I disabled Auto-Apply:Global and began waiting two seconds after loading/changing cells, I haven't experienced it again.>  I suggest two ways to try to fix this:

- Move to a new cell to force the Wet Function script to run again and hopefully fix itself.  Unfortunately, in my experience even if this does work, sometimes returning to the original problem cell removes the wet texture again.  -OR-

- (Recommended) Go to the Targets tab and click STOP EFFECT.  Exit the MCM and return to the game.  Wait a couple of seconds for the command to take effect.  Then go to the Misc tab and click CLEAR ALL DATA.  Again, exit the MCM and wait briefly.  Finally, go back to Targets and click START.  Repeat the test steps and hopefully it works.

Good luck and sorry for being so wordy!

First of all I wanted to say thank you for your response and the information you gave. Yes, I probably should have shared more info so after more testing (which failed D:) I've added some screenshots of what is on my end.

I started up my game and immeditely moved to a new cell (coc qasmoke) and followed what you advised in 2): (I untargeted myself, waited, reset all data, waited, then retargeted myself) My auto apply was never on, so I don't believe my issues are script based.

1.jpg.3fbe43538d6d41d85a81bb38d031c84f.jpg3.jpg.ab8cc89dcc370aa5f2ffb0541d026255.jpg2.jpg.e1fab59536d6afc20cbece45ec8b4d02.jpg

Here is how my character looks

4.jpg.517866546fd9ac3491c908f6e964bd33.jpg5.jpg.5030f6324c837aee6f1ac97efd7ec845.jpg

Next I ran into the pool behind me and forced all the values to the max for good measure.

6.jpg.0c9c624a70c7f4f1d59840f935af09d0.jpg

But ultimately nothing changes

7.jpg.b56918d371abc5f7d59c2b1c681bb509.jpg8.jpg.98a8b25bf93a136c04f644c3bedc1f32.jpg

I'd like to take this time to brag: I've actually been modding Skyrim for a few years now and the funny things is I actually got Wet Function working until about a week ago before I totally uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim to get Nemesis working. I'm still can't remember how I got it working before, all I remember was that it was a pain in the ass and I'm gonna write down a fix for myself once this is all done. Should I show how WetFunction is installed or should I leave it at this?

1 hour ago, Modsszzz said:

I don't know why it isn't working for you.  Your screenshots indicate that the mod knows to apply the wet texture, but it isn't for some reason.  I can only suggest the basic things to try when having problems with any mod:

- try moving WetFunction.esp to the bottom of your plugin order

- temporarily disable any mods that might conceivably conflict (e.g. any mod that can apply textures like blood or tattoos on your character's skin)

- double check in MO2 that all the texture files are named correctly and are in the right location (...\Data\Textures\Actors\Character\WetFunction\) including the optional ones in the Overwrite folder

- try deleting the optional textures and see if the original ones work

Spoiler

mo2-ex2.jpg.cbd43df77f9e6e2416ef4f82be80f6d9.jpg

Maybe someone who knows more about this mod can help.

Having a slightly weird issue with the script not ending properly. After I have waited out the time for my character to dry off, and also standing next to a fire in my house to dry off quicker, the wet textures are still applied to my body, but not my face. The effect also sticks on NPC's (Such as Lydia who is my follower), only their face also has the wet textures so it isn't as bad.