Back when i used it, it conflicted with SCOCBL (cum-overlay mod). I've also seen plenty of times, that overlays don't work until a sexlab reset aka clean. To do that while keeping your current settings:

1. Sexlab MCM-menu, last menu: Export settings.

2. Wait, then make a new save, and load it.

3. Same menu: Hit clean and wait. Call up the console, because even when it says it's done, it's actually still building the anim-registry.

4. After it's done: Same menu, import settings. Chances are debugmode is still enabled despite import, so disable it if you want to.

5. If you have supressed animations configured: Same menu. Force it to rebuild the anim-registry to kick out the supressed anims. Call up the console and wait again until it's done.

6. New save and load it. Wait a minute or two after loading it, then check if the problem still persists. Keep in mind WetFunction only applies the effect after the configured stressfactors are reached. Also, without the sweat and drop overlays, the effect is barely noticable.

Once you got it to display, enjoy the sight while your game hasn't crashed yet :-P

40 minutes ago, lynak said:

Do you have HDR enabled for your skyrim setup? 64-bit render target and all the shebang? Put simply: Do specular maps work for everything else than this mod?

I have CBP for physics. Sorry, I'm green as grass with modding. I've learned a bit over time, but I think I'm just scratching the surface. I use a mod called "Keep It Clean". In this mod, your skin becomes more and more visibly dirty. When using the bathing part, the skin texture changes to reflect a visible soap suds effect, and the dirt texture disappears. Is that what you meant by "specular maps"?

Ok, after messing around for ages, I discovered that the target (my character) wasn't running. I got it to run, and now I just have to figure out the settings and timing so that there's visible wetness when it's raining (that should be all the time rain is falling, and then dry after a period once the rain stops) And visibly soaked when bathing or swimming, and then dry after a set period (10 minutes game time would be realistic) I guess I just have to play with it.

Specular-maps aka HDR are the "glossy/glittery" stuff you see on some textures - such as actually flat walls reflecting light as if they were 3D - or in this case, sweat shining on the skin. I asked because this feature can be disabled in SSE (to improve graphics performance), in which case you wouldn't notice much of what this mod does.

And yeah, by default this mod doesn't add the effect, unless an actor meets the configured requirements. One easy way to test it would be, to just set the gain from running and sprinting ridicously high, and run around for a minute or two.

Ah, I see. No, I have everything maxed out and enabled in settings. I did notice an issue. When I turned off the effect, brownish splotches appeared all over her skin like she had some type of disease. I uninstalled and it's back to normal. I confess that all the values and settings seem way too much for what I really wanted to do. I got confused, and really don't know what I'm doing. If there was a "nominal settings" mode, that might have worked better. Looks like I may just have to pass on this. But I did manage to get it to work....and no crashes.

Thanks so much for your replies and help!

Damn....been thinking about how my character's body looked when all wet from the rain, and decided I REALLY want this and to try get it to work. What I want to do is simple:

1. It rains, and my character gets wet. I enter a house/castle/dungeon etc and after 10 in-game minutes, my character shows reduced and then zero moisture on her body.

2. Bathing and swimming. When my character comes out of swimming/bathing, she has wetness on her skin. After the same length of time, moisture is reduced and then is gone.

3. Fighting/brawling. After a few swings or punches, character is visibly sweaty. After the same length of time, sweat starts to reduce and then is gone.

I feel there's too many variables and values to deal with. I don't understand most of them. Is there a simpler way I can accomplish what I'm trying to do?

22 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Damn....been thinking about how my character's body looked when all wet from the rain, and decided I REALLY want this and to try get it to work. What I want to do is simple:

1. It rains, and my character gets wet. I enter a house/castle/dungeon etc and after 10 in-game minutes, my character shows reduced and then zero moisture on her body.

2. Bathing and swimming. When my character comes out of swimming/bathing, she has wetness on her skin. After the same length of time, moisture is reduced and then is gone.

3. Fighting/brawling. After a few swings or punches, character is visibly sweaty. After the same length of time, sweat starts to reduce and then is gone.

I feel there's too many variables and values to deal with. I don't understand most of them. Is there a simpler way I can accomplish what I'm trying to do?

All of what you are talking about is done by default with this mod. You don't even need to tweak anything, just enable it via MCM.

Did you download the textures and place them in the right directory?  If so then it sounds like the issue is some sort of conflict between this mod and something else. You can check it out with SSEEdit. Run it, leave all of your mods checked, find this mod after the loading process is finished, and then look for any entry that is highlighted in red. That indicates a mod conflict and it will tell you which mod is giving the conflict. There are YouTube videos that will walk you through this.

Which mod manager are you using? If you're using MO2, it could be a load order issue.

Messing with mods at first usually results in 10% playing the game and 90% trying to figure out how everything works together.

Hi eidtelnvil. Textures? I thought the mod enabled those. I use Vortex. I did get it to work yesterday in the rain. But after I went inside, the texture stayed like that for hours. I waited almost a full day and nothing changed. I noticed when I forced the effects to stop, my character's skin became blotchy all over. It went away after I uninstalled this mod. I haven't been able to get the wetness effect when swimming. After waiting in the water for hours, there was no visible wetness on the skin. Same with bathing. And running and sprinting. And I had NOT changed any values at that point. The only thing I had to do was go into "targets" and choose my character. Otherwise there was no active effect.

Under Texture Swapping in MCM, do you have anything that is listed as "Missing"?

If it was working at one point but then you got the blotchy stuff then it's probably a mod conflict. I would check it out in SSEEdit. It sounds more complicated than it is.

14 hours ago, eidtelnvil said:

Under Texture Swapping in MCM, do you have anything that is listed as "Missing"?

If it was working at one point but then you got the blotchy stuff then it's probably a mod conflict. I would check it out in SSEEdit. It sounds more complicated than it is.

Ok, I downloaded and ran SSEEdit and looked for any problems or errors in red. Also went into the mod itself and looked for problems there. Nothing appeared to be flagged or show up in red.

Now you mentioned "under Texture Swapping in MCM". I didn't see anything under that heading. Is it something that should be there in the main menu? All I see in MCM is the mod listings and SkyUI.

I hope that I'm not being an "annoying newbie" :) but while I have learned a reasonable amount about getting mods to work etc. I still have a ways to go. Thanks for helping me. Lots wouldn't bother. lol!

EDIT: Just wondering if the dirt mapping from the "Keep It Clean" mod is conflicting with the sweat/wet textures of this mod. I have the settings in the KIC mod to start to show visible dirt after a 48 hour period of game time. Eventually, if my character doesn't bathe, the dirt textures worsen to the point of showing splotches of "dirt" all over my character's body, and getting "You stink!" status when you check your cleanliness. However, I had just used the bathing mod when I was testing Wet Function Redux, and my status was "You feel clean" which is what you are right after bathing. But regardless, could the bathing mod be why I'm not getting WFR to work?

Ok.......seem to have got it working. Stamina use now triggers sweat, as does stamina using a bow and sword fighting. Swimming also now triggers wetness, and rainfall does as well. I haven't experienced the "blotchy effect" again, so I hope that's gone. And (touch wood) I haven't had a single crash, maybe because I haven't messed with the Auto-Apply part. The only thing that doesn't is using the bathing mod. That never changes. But one thing I don't understand is the time for the wetness/sweat to change back to a dry skin is far too long. I waited over 2 hours after fast traveling frpm the spot where I had been swimming and there was still a wet effect. Is there a way to shorten this time?

19 minutes ago, dushfkd said:

I can't found wet function redux menu in MCM. I have all requirements mod. Please help me.

Sometimes it takes a short while to show up. I noticed that when I first installed it, it wasn't present when I went into MCM. As was mentioned to me in a previous post, when I was having trouble, your SKSE version MUST match your version of PapyrusUtil. I thought I had the correct version, but I was using 3.7 and my version of SKSE called for 3.7B.

51 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Sometimes it takes a short while to show up. I noticed that when I first installed it, it wasn't present when I went into MCM. As was mentioned to me in a previous post, when I was having trouble, your SKSE version MUST match your version of PapyrusUtil. I thought I had the correct version, but I was using 3.7 and my version of SKSE called for 3.7B.

I can understand you said. I was use this mod very well. But when I started new game, and this mod menu gone in MCM.

Maybe... Need I optional mod of one? I deleted all sexlab mod before start new game

33 minutes ago, dushfkd said:

I can understand you said. I was use this mod very well. But when I started new game, and this mod menu gone in MCM.

Maybe... Need I optional mod of one? I deleted all sexlab mod before start new game

Which Mod Manager do you use to install mods? It may just be a matter of re-installing Wet Function Redux. Did you use the Mod Manager to uninstall Sexlab? It may be that however you did that, it has left some conflicting residuals that are interfering. As I said, it depends on how you got rid of Sexlab that may be the issue. Try uninstalling and then re-installing WFR. I've had success when doing that with the occasion mod that wasn't working properly.

6 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Which Mod Manager do you use to install mods? It may just be a matter of re-installing Wet Function Redux. Did you use the Mod Manager to uninstall Sexlab? It may be that however you did that, it has left some conflicting residuals that are interfering. As I said, it depends on how you got rid of Sexlab that may be the issue. Try uninstalling and then re-installing WFR. I've had success when doing that with the occasion mod that wasn't working properly.

Use Mod organizer2. Sexlab deleted from MCM menu. And saved. End of the game. Deleted sexlab mod  from the mod organizer. And saved after loading. Then, after starting a new game, it disappeared from MCM menu. 

I'm so sorry. I can't english very well.

1 hour ago, eidtelnvil said:

@Sandatharius I would check out Bathing in Skyrim. I've had much more luck out of that mod than the other one you're using. It worked right out of the bag with WFR.

No, Keep it Clean is working like a charm. And I LOVE that mod! And it doesn't seem to be interfering with Wet Function Redux at all. I used the bathing option while I had the wet texture from WFR and the soap suds seemed to co-exist with the wet map no problem. I had got it working really well (WFR) I just need to find out how to have it not last so long. As I mentioned, I wait 2-3 game hours indoors (or outdoors in good weather) before the sweat/wetness disappears.

6 hours ago, dushfkd said:
A few days ago, I think I deleted three or four files called papyrus blabla inside the skse folder from the ModOrganizer2 overwrite folder. Is it relevant to why the WFR does not appear in the MCM menu?

Usually, the mod will show up, but, as in my case, it merely told me that my PapyrusUtil was missing. It wouldn't allow the mod to go ahead, since the requirements were not met. But in your case, something is preventing WFR from even being detected. Maybe try installing PapyrusUtil again? Did you try re-installing WFR?

Kokan: Nice. Now I haven't experienced the water "sheeting action".....as in, the water actually running down her body. My character shows wetness where water is beaded up all over, but I haven't seen that level of saturation. I know I have to tweak the settings to achieve what I want, but I'm kind of stumbling around in the dark with that. Right now, I'm trying to decrease the amount of game time it takes before the wet body dries completely. It's taking too long, but I don't know why or how to adjust it so it takes less time.

10 minutes ago, Sandatharius said:

Kokan: Nice. Now I haven't experienced the water "sheeting action".....as in, the water actually running down her body. My character shows wetness where water is beaded up all over, but I haven't seen that level of saturation. I know I have to tweak the settings to achieve what I want, but I'm kind of stumbling around in the dark with that. Right now, I'm trying to decrease the amount of game time it takes before the wet body dries completely. It's taking too long, but I don't know why or how to adjust it so it takes less time.

i didn't adjust anything, i just installed mod and textures.