Looked like there were a couple of bugs due to scoping issues.

These events from tentacle_scripted_events_pregnancy:

tentacle_copy_dw_race_to_baby_girl

tentacle_congenital_trait_inheritance

were checking ROOT for inherited traits, which seems to always be the player character in the case of characters in the player character's dungeon. The event works properly (inheritance from actual mother) when ROOT is replaced with PREV.

The Tentacle.1130 event chain had a coding error. When the RNG picks a demesne county without tentacle religion, Perfeddwlad is always angered and the demesne county is always converted to the religion of Moray (neither were part of my demesne). Wrapping random_list = { ... } around

60 = {
                        custom_tooltip = { # They get pissed
                            text = Tentacle1130ATA
                            character_event = { id = Tentacle.1132 }
                        }
                    }
                    40 = {
                        custom_tooltip = { # They convert to tentacle religion
                            text = Tentacle1130ATB
                            character_event = { id = Tentacle.1133 }
                        }
                    }

in event Tentacle.1130 resolved the issue for player character (looked like it's still not working properly when it fires for vassals?). I think 60 and 40 are treated as scopes instead of chances without the random_list wrapper.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, Cheri Song said:

Reformation makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but there are some dubious roleplay decisions like a tentacle slave declaring herself the religious head (and thus above tentacle monsters) or making priestesses monastic and unable to marry. I plan to eventually include some events for capturing holy sites and major cities, which I hope will provide some of the same experience as reforming a pagan religion in vanilla.

You mention tentacle monster characters, I think it depends on how such things are represented.

Is the concept to have them generally replace all male characters and to be playable in general, like say through the "natural" course of a game you might have two generations as tentacle monsters, a generation as a woman and so on? Or are they intended to be playable at all?

Or are they intended to be non-playable and represent specific things like a generated psuedo-husband?

Others have already mentioned how modular post-Holy Fury is when it comes to religion reformation. So just disabling the stuff that goes against your vision as options would be simple enough. Hell you could even disable all of the vanilla options and go with your own small selection of custom options.

But with that aside, I'll go back to the question of what tentacle monster characters are.

And a general question of worldbuilding.

Though simple to just avoid the options like discussed, you could still probably maintain the options.
In theory, the clergy are supposed to serve the people. A tentacle monster pope could work and properly provide all of the head-of-religion features while still being explained to be subservient to the tentacle monsters in many ways.

It could be that they, as the individual who has championed the cause the strongest by being in a position to reform it at all is perceived to be blessed by the old ones to be in such a position of power. And any suggestion that they view themselves above the tentacle monsters would merely be a false interpretation.

And hell, there are controllable tentacle monster units already.

I think it is unavoidable and thus not particularly constructive to shy away from the player character's implied ability to control tentacle monsters. At least within gameplay. As worldbuilding can patch any holes and events can smooth things over.

Actually now that I think about it, that could be additional event flavor to add if the character is the head of the religion, or simply any position of power over tentacle monsters.

Control over something can be circumstantial, it doesn't need to communicate absolute authority. And it can be mercurial as well.

Picture the all-powerful Empress of half of Europe, the herald of the Old Ones, the head of the religion of tentacle monsters.
She's commanded tentacle monsters on the battlefield, probably commanded tentacle monster agents(of some speculative kind). She's probably deliberately avoided a tentacle monster when she needed to focus more on the governing of the realm.

In many ways, she acts above them.

But that doesn't mean she has to feel above them, or for those actions to be contradicted.

It could be the middle of a battle, and a commander is instructing tentacle monsters to fight from an elevated position of command. Despite serving the tentacle monsters, she knows she is ordering some to their death. Maybe she cares, maybe she doesn't. It is a practical scenario.

The fighting becomes uncertain and the commander is barking desperate orders. Until her next order is muffled as her mouth is filled with tentacle, her legs are grabbed and she is suspended upside-down in the air being vigorously bred.

Or perhaps the aforementioned head of religion. There might be an important ritual that it is crucial she oversees, lest it fail in some regard. Or some state administration. Any such event that demands her timely arrival.

Maybe her wagons are accosted by many tentacle monsters, and she shows up where she needed to show up three days late, belly already bulging, her body only clad in a few stripped remnants of fabric and many stains.

Both are circumstances where it could be prudent to disobey the wishes of the tentacle monsters. A character could disobey their wishes in both.

And both could be disasters in practical ways, but they also be turned to positive outcomes.

Perhaps the troops, fighting desperately for their lives and close to breaking are pushed on only by the shouts of their commander. But they stop. They glance back to see her suspended lewdly in the air. It is the will of the masters that she be bred then and there. The soldiers conclude that the masters think so little of the possibility of the battle being lost that they already celebrate. The scream of their commander's first orgasm could be the most effective rallying call available.

I digressed into more specific event examples for a bit there.

But the fundamental point is that from my perspective, I think it is perfectly fine to have characters seemingly dominate and order tentacle monsters to do their bidding.

So long as it is communicated that decisions that are "unfaithful" are motivated by simply being a pragmatic pursuit of serving them.

It is fine for characters to dominate tentacle monsters, so long as at the same time they continue to submit.

etc.

Great work on this mod. It's some of the better stupid fun I've had with DW-related mods in a while. Anyway, got a minor bug report that came up earlier today. Nothing major, and nothing that I couldn't work around with a couple of console commands once I figured out what was going on.

Had my ruler die of natural causes during the part of the tentacle festival where you're under a regency. Then playing as her heir (who was also under a travel-related regency due to travelling to the festival but was otherwise perfectly fit to rule) got stuck in a situation where the festival events stopped happening, and therefore my new ruler never got out of that regency until like 3-4 months in-game later I went in and cleared the character flags in console to go home and end the regency.

My two cents...depending on which flavor of the tentacle religion is the dominant one, the Pope is likely a tentacle creature.  I've always viewed the Submissionist religion as being the most hardline of all three religions expecting females to be completely submissive to their tentacle overlords - they might keep female (and male rulers) to keep up a facade of humanity, but human males would be considered beneath them and therefore disposable while human females are needed for breeding although there might be an option for human males to achieve apothesis into a tentacle monster but that's more likely with the main Dagonic religion which would be seen as being somewhat more moderate than Submissionist.   As for the Lillithid religion, it's just a branch of Dagonic cultists who consort with demons not to mention giving more status/power to human females than in the other two flavors of the religion.  Especially since Lilith exalts human females which Submissionists would view as being anathema to their own beliefs - especially since Lillithids don't follow any of the tentacle gods. 

TLDR:  Submissionists: hardcore fundamentalists. They won't take "no" for an answer from any female.   Dagonic: vanilla, moderate    Lilithids: Way out there. Consorts with demons and gives human females more status and power.  

At least, that's how I view the three branches.  YMMV.   And the movie "Dagon" - definitely Dagonic religion. If it was Submissionist, there wouldn't even be a human female priestess. :lol:

On 8/31/2019 at 8:01 AM, coria15 said:

I don't like the new men can't marry feature. In fact, I hate it.  The inability to do matrilineal marriages as a submissionist was already annoying, but this? Pure insanity. ?

I will look into making it optional.

v2.3.1 "Debugging the Deflowering" - 1 September 2019

Compatible with old saves.

New Features

• Added a game rule to allow Tentacle Cultist men to marry.

Tweaks and Bug Fixes

• You can no longer use the Organize Sacred Deflowering decision if your character previously refused to be Deflowered. The decision will come back if you get brainwashed and become a full tentacle slave.

• Fixed Sympathy for Tentacle Cultists not granting a bonus to opinion of Tentacle Cultists.

• Fixed an issue where newly created tentacle slaves were not being properly initialized.

• Fixed an issue where tentacle cultists would gain the "Undeflowered" modifier despite being Deflowered.

• Fixed tentacle-born girls born in prison inheriting congenital traits from their captor rather than their mother.

• Fixed the "handling tentacle warbeasts" encounter not applying province effects properly.

• Fixed the fertility festival event chain breaking if the host dies midway through the festival. The festival will be properly cancelled and all guests returned home.

• Certain non-Western cultures in the mods After The End Fan Fork, NMIH, Sanguo, and Umbra Spherae will now flip to the nearest appropriate tentacle culture instead of defaulting to Chthonis Brood.

• Fixed some localization errors.

Thanks for all your bug reports, everyone. This update should fix all the problems that have been reported this week. More stuff coming Soon (tm)

8 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

• Added a game rule to allow Tentacle Cultist men to marry.

Thank you! That feature was just too annoying. Especially if you were a submissionist. Women can't do matrilineal marriages and the men can't marry at all. It made making heirs significantly more difficult. If you were playing a tentacle cultist male it meant every possible heir was a bastard. It was just too frustrating. Thank you again! ?

This is gonna sound insane you guys, but... is there a way to protect my daughter from tentacles for "RP" reasons :classic_dry:.

If not I am suggestion an item that blocks interactions.

For the interrested I want to RP a daugther returning to conquer a corrupt kingdom, but I am not quite done with the kingdom part yet.

15 hours ago, redraven313 said:

This is gonna sound insane you guys, but... is there a way to protect my daughter from tentacles for "RP" reasons :classic_dry:.

If not I am suggestion an item that blocks interactions.

For the interrested I want to RP a daugther returning to conquer a corrupt kingdom, but I am not quite done with the kingdom part yet.

Close the gate

Fixed the "handling tentacle warbeasts" encounter not applying province effects properly.

It's still firing off notifications from random unlanded characters in the realm. To fix this, I made a change to Tentacle.1002.

10 = { # Motivating tentacle warbeasts
    modifier = {
        factor = 0
        OR = {
            is_playable = no
            character_has_tentacle_building = no
            character_can_use_tentacle_building = no
        }
    }

character_event = { id = Tentacle.1130 }
}

The inclusion of is_playable = no condition bypasses the option for unlanded characters.

v2.3.2 "Corrupt Me Senpai" - 8 September 2019

Compatible with old saves.

New Features

• Female player characters can now ask tentacle slaves to corrupt them.

• Characters with the Intrigue focus can now discover hidden tentacle slaves through the Spy On decision, allowing them to be exposed or blackmailed.

• Note that this is a change to the vanilla file wol_intrigue_events.txt and may cause compatibility issues with other mods that edit the same file.

Tweaks and Bug Fixes

• Fixed some events causing characters to get the "Former Lover" opinion penalty to other characters even though they weren't lovers.

• Fixed unlanded characters receiving the "handling tentacle warbeasts" event. Thanks trewth!

---

Ok, now I'm actually going to start working on tentacle monster characters. Pinky swear. Please look forward to them coming Soon (TM)

2 hours ago, StinkyBinky said:

Could it be some interaction with full developed succubi that they can  spwan tentacle slaves or demons but they are immun to the brainwashing and adapting. They would love somehow such corruption but a full grown demon would be less into submission i would guess.

Even full succubi are not immune to the allure of tentacle monsters.

Ah okay but somehow it is just by how fantasy succubus act that they would end as submissive pets for them. i think even because tentacle monsters might be higher demons, they should interact somehow different in the enslavement. So they could still bear regular demon or even hybrid childern  or interact somehow different. Maybe the kids they have with regular men if they will get boys should still be able to be born as an incubus but if a pregnant succubus has sex with a tentacle monster, the kid gets somehow different sideeffects maybe is more willing to support tentacle slaves right from  the start. Maybe a "pro tentacle monster" incubus would support tentacle slaves and monsters with his uniquce skills to lure women into the "tentacle arms of the tentacle monsters". - Just an idea by me. 

2 hours ago, StinkyBinky said:

Ah okay but somehow it is just by how fantasy succubus act that they would end as submissive pets for them. i think even because tentacle monsters might be higher demons, they should interact somehow different in the enslavement. So they could still bear regular demon or even hybrid childern  or interact somehow different. Maybe the kids they have with regular men if they will get boys should still be able to be born as an incubus but if a pregnant succubus has sex with a tentacle monster, the kid gets somehow different sideeffects maybe is more willing to support tentacle slaves right from  the start. Maybe a "pro tentacle monster" incubus would support tentacle slaves and monsters with his uniquce skills to lure women into the "tentacle arms of the tentacle monsters". - Just an idea by me. 

I think you're forgetting the biggest reason this isn't the case, at least lorewise: Succubi are minor demons. Cthulhu, Dagon, etc, are The Big Bois of the demon hierarchy. You tangle with them, they're gonna leave their mark on you and your helpless mind, no matter if you're a human, a minor demon, whatever. There already is the Lilithid heresy you can follow, too! It's a subreligion but you can follow it instead; Basically claiming Lilith to be (and to be the most important) Tentacle Cult God.

5 hours ago, WolfOfPasloe said:

Cthulhu, Dagon, etc, are The Big Bois of the demon hierarchy.

Just so you know, this is not canon for this mod.

- Tentacle Cultists believe that Cthulhu and Dagon are "Great Old Ones" or "Outer Gods," and are not related to Judeo-Christian demons. Christians might assert that they are demons, but this is not an understanding that is common among tentacle worshippers. Likewise, tentacle monsters are not demons, according to tentacle cultists, but a uniquely divine class of beings.

- Lilithids believe in a mother goddess named Lilith, the Star Mother, who is the same as the Mother Lilith that appears to succubi and incubi in demonic rituals. They believe that the Biblical Lilith is a reference to their goddess, but one which is biased, warped, and generally untrue (as they don't believe in a One God or the story of Adam and Eve).

The reason tentacle monsters can overpower succubi in this mod is not because they are higher up in the demon hierarchy or anything like that, but because it's hot.

Found a bug(?) in tentacle_scripted_effects_pregnancy related to elves.

I put that in quotes because its equally likely that its a sanity check to prevent the world from being plunged into a hellish nightmare of lag generated by dozens to hundreds of immortal breeders constantly popping out more future breeders who are themselves also immortal.

Where every other race assigns their trait to all tentaclespawn, elven tentaclespawn specifically have the Elf trait removed (but are still assigned the elf_child portrait) - so an elven woman has non-elven, mortal babies with tentacle monsters. Though if you're playing an elf, you're eternally young and never have to abdicate to let a younger womb take the throne anyway, so losing the race trait isn't really a concern outside of assassination.