Had an idea I wanted to send in. Not exactly high priority, but might help to flesh out the religions' flavor. Improve religious relations seems like a bit of an odd thing for tentacle cultists to have, at least with the way it mechanically works in-game. I think it might make more sense for tentacle chaplains to have a more directly tentacle related power, maybe a mandate to focus on corrupting women into tentacle slaves or some analogous activity. Not entirely sure how viable this is programming wise, but since the game allows for duty shifts when religion changes it might be doable

1 hour ago, soldier847 said:

is there any way to reliably get the tentacle culture and religion to spawn together during random world generation?

There isn't. In the next update I'll change it so that tentacle culture will never be generated in alternate starts, instead appearing on the first day of the game in Tentacle Cultist regions.

1 hour ago, DMoney1331 said:

Improve religious relations seems like a bit of an odd thing for tentacle cultists to have, at least with the way it mechanically works in-game. I think it might make more sense for tentacle chaplains to have a more directly tentacle related power, maybe a mandate to focus on corrupting women into tentacle slaves or some analogous activity.

This is impossible to do without modifying vanilla game files (00_job_actions.txt) and possibly breaking other mods in unexpected ways. In any case, it's not that much of a stretch to improve religious relations - after all, if the super-violent Aztec priests are allowed to do it, Tentacle Cultist priestesses should be too - and proselytizing is effectively corrupting women into tentacle slaves, since randomly generated courtiers in any Tentacle Cultist province will be tentacle slaves.

Hmm. The event where you fight a tentacle monster. Is it guaranteed to result in losing your character?

Because I tried it with an immortal character who had over 800 PCS and she instantly lost. Seems a bit unbalanced...

Maybe change the text to reflect that? 'WARNING: Fighting a tentacle monster is very dangerous!' implies that you can actually win.

About the issue of holy sites being literally halfway across the map, there's a workaround I've seen used in other mods. It gives the illusion of dynamic holy sites, based on what region the player's in.

It works like this: you split your custom religion like a hydra (tentacle_religion_A, tentacle_religion_B, tentacle_religion_C, and so on), with each fragment using the exact same events, flavor text, localization, etc., whenever possible. Then, you assign a part of the map to each fragment and generate a set of holy sites within that particular area. The first time somebody converts to Dagonism, player or not, the game assigns her to the appropriate fragment, and a global flag is set that prevents any of the other fragments from ever being used in that save file. If done right, the player won't notice a thing.

That said, it remains your mod, and if this clashes with your view of DWT and how you want it to go, I'll gladly shut up about it.

So another thought that i have no idea if it's possible to implement.  The artifacts you get from hiring a goldsmith are a crown and ax for the tentacle cultist religion right now.  Since the tentacle brood culture describes wearing a collar instead of a crown, it'd make sense for the smith to make a collar and maybe something like a tentacle staff instead.  Though for all I know the smithing artifacts are hardcoded in.

On a different note, I recently had an issue where my armies couldn't be selected by dragging a box on the map, specifically those with tentacle warbeasts.  Individually selecting those armies was possible, but annoying and didn't allow multiple armies to be combined.   I noticed that there was no model to represent that army on the map, and thought it might be using the tentacle beasts as the unit to represent the army, and guessed that the lack of a model for the unit caused it to not register for selection.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:19 PM, soldier847 said:

is there any way to reliably get the tentacle culture and religion to spawn together during random world generation?

Not that I know of, but using the ACM cheat menu from this forum to give the tentacle religion to regions seems to reliably turn their realms to the tentacle culture over time and in my current game, the Submissionist religion king of Deutschland has turned nearly the entire realm to the tentacle culture complete with obelisks and hives.  I did use the console command to change the culture of Deutschland's king to tentacle culture though...but only him but he's managed to turn almost all of Deutschland to the tentacle culture by 1149 as I started at the "Jerusalem at it's Height" bookmark. 

I set it up so that the western half of Europe and England/Wales/Scotland were Catholic,  everything east to Russia proper was either Submissionist or Dagonist.   Spain was Submissionist while Africa, the Near East, Anatolia and Persia was either Sunni or Sh'ia with Greece and Bulgaria and the coastal part of Asia Minor being Orthodox.  I made Norway, Sweden and Denmark  reformed Asatru and Finland proper Muinasko with east of Russia being all Tengri.  It's made for a very interesting game with Germany and Czechy - both Submissionist being the proverbial 800 lb gorillas although Czechy still retains their original culture unlike Germany.   

The religion setup was intentional to avoid areas/cultures that already had special troops because they somehow negate the tentacle warbeast special troops for triggering those battle encounters with warbeasts.  

Hmm. The event where you fight a tentacle monster. Is it guaranteed to result in losing your character?

Because I tried it with an immortal character who had over 800 PCS and she instantly lost. Seems a bit unbalanced...

Maybe change the text to reflect that? 'WARNING: Fighting a tentacle monster is very dangerous!' implies that you can actually win.

From the file 'Tentacle_events_encounters.txt:

option = { # Kill the tentacle monster to force them to leave
        name = Tentacle1015B
        trigger = {
           NOT = {
                trait = kind
                trait = tentacle_slave
           }
        }
        custom_tooltip = {
            text = tentacle_do_not_fight_warning
            random_list = {
                80 = {
                    modifier = {
                        factor = 0
                        OR = {
                            trait = wounded
                            trait = maimed
                            trait = severely_injured
                            NOT = { combat_rating = 75 }
                        }
                    }

sound_effect = duel_win
                    character_event = { # Player wounded, girls leave
                        id = Tentacle.1016
                    }
                }
                20 = {
                    sound_effect = duel_lose
                    character_event = { # Player dies!
                        id = Tentacle.1017

This piece of code is copied whenever the option appears.

I'm a few versions behind, but I doubt the code has changed.  Thus: it's 80/20 on win or lose, and there's no scaling on combat skill, just a hard check, and if you're wounded, maimed or severely injured, you've no chance at all. 

Actually, I'm concerned.  The way it's worded....'Combat rating = 75' implies EXACTLY 75, which would penalise being too high as well as too low.  There should be 'combat rating < 75', surely?

50 minutes ago, Bloodly said:

Actually, I'm concerned.  The way it's worded....'Combat rating = 75' implies EXACTLY 75, which would penalise being too high as well as too low.  There should be 'combat rating < 75', surely?

NOT = means <=

6 hours ago, souldead341 said:

So another thought that i have no idea if it's possible to implement.  The artifacts you get from hiring a goldsmith are a crown and ax for the tentacle cultist religion right now.  Since the tentacle brood culture describes wearing a collar instead of a crown, it'd make sense for the smith to make a collar and maybe something like a tentacle staff instead.  Though for all I know the smithing artifacts are hardcoded in.

The artifacts are generated through a vanilla event which I would have to overwrite. I suppose I could make a "Hire a Smith (Tentacle Cultist)" decision that tentacle cultist rulers can use instead. It's not a high priority right now though.

7 hours ago, souldead341 said:

On a different note, I recently had an issue where my armies couldn't be selected by dragging a box on the map, specifically those with tentacle warbeasts.  Individually selecting those armies was possible, but annoying and didn't allow multiple armies to be combined.   I noticed that there was no model to represent that army on the map, and thought it might be using the tentacle beasts as the unit to represent the army, and guessed that the lack of a model for the unit caused it to not register for selection.

This is being fixed in the next update.

Out of curiosity,  do you know how to spawn a wonder with decision?  Also,  is it possible to track the number of prisoners who had been sent to tentacle pits?  I hope in the future certain upgrades of the wonder can only be accessed after their requirements are met. 

52 minutes ago, enderdracolich said:

Hey! Question. 

Is it intended that tentacle-born children don't get their mother's bloodlines? In my game, they aren't getting them, even if they are enatic and allow bastards. Seems like a bug to me, since every other female child can inherit those bloodlines from their mother. 

They do get their mother's bloodline from what I've seen...my female countesses and duchesses always have had their tentacle born children get her bloodline.  She was married to an Submissionist religion king in Czechy...and any kids she had by him had his bloodline. All other children she had by tentacle monsters were of her own bloodline and she was Catholic. 

On 7/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, Cheri Song said:

Cultural retinues and buildings are coming soon. Besides, the Tentacle Lair is essentially a better cultural building.

Tentacle Brood culture uses Byzantine portraits because Chinese portraits are locked behind DLC and not everyone may have the correct graphics assets. The other options are base Western portraits or Muslim portraits, which aren't any more attractive than the Byzantine ones.

In an actual game, you probably won't see "pure" Tentacle Brood ethnicity, because characters with Tentacle Brood culture use the graphical culture of their mother or a random other character in the realm if possible. This is so that a European tentacle society will still look European, an African tentacle society will still look African, and so on.

Yeah but you could add a fallback graphic if someone does not own the DLC. - Would be interesting if the religious reform in HF could be used for the tentacle culture. Like for example, some doctrine - maybe could get interesting with playing lesbocracy together lesbians when it is okay getting raped by tentacles.... Which is odd when all over the place like for example eastern european ppl getting the same kind of tenacle culture, like ppl in the middle east.  -maybe some kind of different meliting pot culture events based on location silimilar to vanilla spread of english or russian culture. 

So first off, thank you Cheri for making this. I'm really looking forward to what you've hinted at for the future. However, I'm one of those who doesn't like the eastern Mediterranean holy site locations, mostly because it requires both shattering the Abbasids and being strong enough to resist the Byzantines before you can really do much. Therefore, with my minimal modding skills, I've created some alternate holy site lists - one focused around the western Mediterranean (Lisboa, Ceuta, Barcelona, Al Djazair, Tunis), another around northwest Europe(Dublin, Orkney, York, Devon, Cornouaille), one around the Baltic (Rugen, Osel, Uppland, Novgorod, Danzig), and finally one in northwest India/Tibet (Purang, Delhi, Multan, Kutch, Ujjayini). I've also included a copy of the original (2.1) sites for easy reversion.

I aimed for sites that were reasonably concentrated (though probably not as concentrated as the originals), that were coastal or on major rivers (when using More Navigable Rivers), and had a temple holding prebuilt in 769. Aside from that, the selection was arbitrary.

DWT alternate sites.zip

So, might have found a bug. I accidentally started a game with rare AI tentacle encounters, but changed it to "off" via save editing within the first year of gameplay. Yet thirty years later, tenatcle-born kids are popping up globally and in huge numbers. I suspect this may possibly have revealed a bug: that the rules restricting tentacle encounters may only apply to completely random ones, and neglect to restrict character-to-character tentacle spreading actions. 

Another bug: Tentacle births tend to inherit racial traits near 100%, even with races that shouldn't be the case with. This could be caused if tentacle births automatically assign the mother has both parents (hence the child will be "pureblooded" of the mother's race). I don't know how to address this, however. Maybe making an off-map tentacle god character to be the father of all tentacle births instead, or something?

v2.2 "Love Live! Tentacle Slave Festival" - 3 August 2019

Compatible with old saves.

New Features

• Tentacle Brood or Tentacle Cultist rulers now have a decision to Hold a Tentacle Fertility Festival. This starts an event chain similar to holding a feast from vanilla, but much sexier! Holding a fertility festival can provide various boons, from converting the culture and religion of your provinces, to getting skilled courtiers and useful stat bonuses.

Tweaks and Bug Fixes

• Added Tortosa ("Ugarit") as a tentacle cultist holy site, replacing Ikonion.
  • AI tentacle slaves who are Duchesses and higher will now try to Befriend and Hook Up With all their landed tentacle slave vassals. This means AI Tentacle Cultist realms will be much more stable.
  • Tentacle Brood culture will no longer appear in alternate starts. Instead, it will automatically be assigned on game start to any character or province that has a Tentacle Cultist religion.
  • Tentacle slaves who don't know each other well can now only Spend Time With each other if they are homosexual.
  • Added alternate text for the "ancient scroll" event for Tentacle Brood or Tentacle Cultist rulers.
  • Tentacle Brood and Tentacle Cultist rulers now receive slightly different text when being brainwashed by tentacles.
  • Pregnant characters will now receive lactation-related text previously only available to Crusader Milk hucows.
  • Newly generated tentacle slave NPCs will now have a random age from 16 to 25 instead of all being 16 years old.
  • Tentacle warbeasts now appear as heavy cavalry on the map, to fix a selection bug caused by having no map model.
  • Characters with tentacle religion or culture can now renounce celibacy.
  • Reduced the likelihood of getting a tentacle culture-exclusive nickname.

Announcement: My school term is starting, so this is likely to be the last major update for a while. Have fun with tentacles, and I hope to come back to this mod soon.

21 minutes ago, veedanya said:

So, might have found a bug. I accidentally started a game with rare AI tentacle encounters, but changed it to "off" via save editing within the first year of gameplay. Yet thirty years later, tenatcle-born kids are popping up globally and in huge numbers. I suspect this may possibly have revealed a bug: that the rules restricting tentacle encounters may only apply to completely random ones, and neglect to restrict character-to-character tentacle spreading actions.

Working as intended. If you don't want AI corruption to happen, there's a separate game rule for that.

21 minutes ago, veedanya said:

Another bug: Tentacle births tend to inherit racial traits near 100%, even with races that shouldn't be the case with.

Working as intended.

5 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

Working as intended.

Ah, okay, I missed that spreading and encounters were different rules. I guess may have unintentionally missed it due to how many different rules use corruption in their name (TF corruption vs AI corruption vs fetus corruption).

On an unrelated note, some suggestions:
- For raiding countries, the sheer number of fresh breeding slave modifiers can end up burying all the other provincial modifiers in the province window, since you automatically get one applied for each settlement you sack. Could I suggest making these invisible modifiers to avoid window clutter? Or perhaps just having a single visible "There are some monsters growing here..." modifier to let the player know there are troops on the way, without having to clutter up the window with 20+ different modifiers.
- Currently, it looks like all prisoners give the same +1 to monster troop count when consigned to the pit. Maybe consider having this number vary based on prisoner quality? Like maybe having prisoners give an additional troop based on each decade below age 40 their age is (it being implied that younger people can survive more births), or for each healthy trait they have.  Or maybe just have the troop count based on fertility. 

well,I can't creat the broodline and I check DWE_base_events and found that u must "No bloodline exists yet"

........emmmmmm..............................and no event shall I get this broodline

it's not easy build a tentacle country soon in the game and ...well.....I lost it forever