E3 2019 Discussion

I still can't believe they wasted so much time showing off not just one but several cell phone games... no we don't have phones we have computers and some peasants have consoles wtf?

I still can't believe there are TV commercials for candy crush cell phone games. As if people with cell phones actually stop looking at their phones long enough to see an ad on TV for candy crush or somehow don't know about it yet.

I think these companies are having to make shitty cell phone games just to pay the budget required for making real games. We know their games make money because if they didn't then no more games so they do make money but some nut job is sitting around looking like a character from south park screaming it just isn't enough or some crazy thing like that. So they now have to shill really hard before they can justify making a real game perhaps.

3 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

I think these companies are having to make shitty cell phone games just to pay the budget required for making real games. We know their games make money because if they didn't then no more games so they do make money but some nut job is sitting around looking like a character from south park screaming it just isn't enough or some crazy thing like that. So they now have to shill really hard before they can justify making a real game perhaps.

I doubt companies like Konami, Bethesda, and EA NEED to make cell phone games to fund their big titles. People are going to buy their games regardless of how terrible they are, while the vocal minority will continue to complain and eventually give in as well.

I just have to drop in real quick and leave a dirty sh.. comment on the floor for you to enjoy.

The E3 this year is pretty much summed up by one fact:

"PC gaming presentation - powered by Epic."

More like, bought up by Epic...

And lets not forget their latest coup, aquiring long-term-crowdfunded Shenmue 3 which raised over 10M and is now shitting all over the supporters and damaging crowdfunding yet again, ruining general trust in such big titles.

Just had to drop that here... sorry that it stinks so much...

Hate them so much.

For the rest of the E3, I honestly didn't watch and don't care anymore.

I didn't even watch the PC presentation. As soon as I saw "powered by Epic" I "noped" the fuck out of there.

I've stopped caring about triple-A videogaming some time ago when it all became one big scam.

Final thought: Thank god for Jim.

All the stuff they showed off this year and the stuff that caught my attention was the Dragon Quest hero being added to Smash (Needs the original DQ1 hero playable instead of just part of the Final Smash animation or the female version of part 4 though, bah), Seiken Densetsu 3 getting a 3d remake (re-titled Trials of Mana) and maybe DOOM Eternal.

I have weird tastes in gaming.

4 hours ago, nodegara said:

Hideo Kojima - I have Norman Reedus,  Mads Mikkelsen,  Lindsay Wagner...

CDP RED - WE HAVE KEANU

Honestly I don't care about celebrities, I care about the games. The same thing ruined animation movies, I don't want devs spending millions on some popular face, take that money where it's needed.

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

Who worked harder? But these actors in GoT got paid more. I wonder how much the actors in M*A*S*H got per episode, I gather not nearly as much if you factor in, inflation.

Let's see...a show using entitled Millennials protected from anything that might hurt them as children so they have egos like over-inflated balloons as adults vs. a show using Boomers and older generations who went through the horrors of WW II, Korea, and Vietnam and came out stronger for it. Gee, I wonder why the former got paid more! :classic_tongue: Is it too late to reconsider eugenics and stop the oncoming destruction these PC Babies will cause if allowed to reproduce?

Game publishers/devs trying to use star power to make their games more appealing is a bad sign, I agree. But some of us are still waiting to see the final products before rendering judgment.

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

Emilia Clarke (who by her career alone which is not many movies/series acted in: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3592338/ ) was getting 500K USD per episode for GoT.

Like many shows, this was probably not from the first episode onwards, but more likely part of a renegotiation when the show got renewed. Clarke may not've been a household name before, but by the end of the first season she was, and like the rest of the main cast, rather irreplaceable, which gives you bargaining power.

Poor Todd. Imagine having a job where you have to whore out to

obvious shit that you know is

obvious shit and everyone else knows is

obvious shit and the only exaggerated applause are from your own employees.

I hope.

Archived