AAF Family Planning Enhanced for CBBE, Fusion Girl, and Jane Bod

In the context of my Milking Human Kindness mod I've been working on improving FPE integration. One thing I have mostly finished for the next update is to make some of the unique NPCs residing in the starting location have preexisting pregnancies when the player first arrives. Everything seems to be working except the pregnancy morphs, and I've exhausted my ideas for how to track down what's wrong with my implementation, so am posting here in hopes someone else may have suggestions for what else I can check.

I've confirmed that "natural" impregnation is working as expected for these NPCs, by getting them impregnated through an AAF animation and then waiting in a chair for a few FPE months until I see their bellies swell by the expected amounts. If I try to script an impregnation (based off the vestigial MakePregnant function in Commonwealth Captives) I get what seems to be a typical pregnancy according to side-by-side comparisons of the PregnancyDataDump log, but no visible morphing of their bellies.

I've gone as far as shoving a bunch of noisy debug logging statements into the UpdateBody function in FPFP_BasePregData to confirm it's actually sending them to BodyGen by reading them back out again with similar GetMorph calls. However, cross-checking with the HBD_MorphDebug mod, an NPC with a forced impregnation doesn't actually register as having any morphs applied while a naturally impregnated NPC lists the morphs that should be applied by FPE (reflected by a casual observation of the change in body shape too). It's almost as if the "Ourself" actor passed to SetMorph is not the same one that the corresponding PregData was generated for, but combing through FPE's source I can't imagine how that could occur.

Does anyone have ideas for what else I could check, or what I might be doing wrong? I'll stick my current function into a spoiler below (this is being called via soft integration from another script attached to the NPC's reference, inherited from an actor form):

Spoiler
Function KnockErUp(Actor Host, Actor SeedDonor, Float Month)
    Form BasePregData = PlayerScript.GetPregnancyInfo(Host)
    If BasePregData != None
        PregData = BasePregData as FPFP_BasePregData
        PregData.Impregnate(SeedDonor)
        GlobalVariable DaysPerMonth = Game.GetFormFromFile(0xF9A, "FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp") as GlobalVariable
        Float InceptionDate = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - DaysPerMonth.GetValue() * Month
        PregData.SetPropertyValue("IncepDate", InceptionDate)
        PregData.OnTimerGameTime(0)
        Debug.Trace("MHK: Impregnated (inception=" + InceptionDate + ") " + Host.GetDisplayName() + " (" + Host.GetActorBase().GetName() + ") " + Host.GetActorBase() + Host)
    EndIf
EndFunction

Edit: Okay, scratch all that. I had tried waiting before, but probably not long enough and/or I fixed something subtle in refactoring recently without noticing, but now my forced pregnancies are showing body morphs, just not immediately on arrival. If I sit in a chair for 24 hours and check them again, they do have the expected morphs (or at least some morphs anyway, I still need to do more exhaustive retesting and cross-check again with HBD_MorphDebug), I seem to be unstuck for now. Rubber duck debugging for the win?

Solved: For those on the edge of your seats on this one, it was mostly a ditzy airhead coding error on my part. I'm still not sure why immediately forcing a refresh doesn't update the rendering of their morphs (maybe an internal race in BodyGen?) but when trying to introduce a delay between the impregnation and refresh centrally from within my proxy quest script, I was making concurrent calls into the function which were stepping on each others' PregData variable. It would impregnate one NPC, then a separate call impregnated another updating the PregData pointer in the process, then the refresh call intended for the first NPC would be refreshing the second NPC instead. I've now wrapped anything touching PregData in a semaphore lock with a safety timeout, which should avoid TOCTOU concurrency race conditions.

Edited by vaultbait

Showing in the panel "no data" when looking (f11) at heather casdin.

She cannot get pregnant.

Works with everyone else except her.

I tried the MCM manual overide for pregnacy same results.

Just a note: I can't shoot her either, bullets just pass right through; like she is protected from outside sources or something.

A couple of play throughs earlier it worked fine.

Any Idea?

Thanks!

Edited by rapidman
5 hours ago, rapidman said:

Showing in the panel "no data" when looking (f11) at heather casdin.

She cannot get pregnant.

Works with everyone else except her.

I tried the MCM manual overide for pregnacy same results.

Just a note: I can't shoot her either, bullets just pass right through; like she is protected from outside sources or something.

A couple of play throughs earlier it worked fine.

Any Idea?

Thanks!

Heather has her own companion system and I believe she is immune to spells (which is what FPE uses to assign pregnancy data objects to NPCs) most of the time.  As such she’s not really compatible with this mod.  If you can figure out under what circumstances she isn’t invulnerable you should be able to get her pregnant, but I don’t know enough about that mod to be of help there.

On 7/10/2023 at 9:32 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Heather has her own companion system and I believe she is immune to spells (which is what FPE uses to assign pregnancy data objects to NPCs) most of the time.  As such she’s not really compatible with this mod.  If you can figure out under what circumstances she isn’t invulnerable you should be able to get her pregnant, but I don’t know enough about that mod to be of help there.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ImAshametobehere said:

I think I might be. Still though. Are there currently any cheats or some sort like that in Redux or this one?

Apologies, my hint to ask your question in the appropriate support topic may have been too subtle. You're likely to get better answers from the people who maintain and use the mod you're asking about.

Generally, you can use the console to find the form IDs of items with the help command, and add them to the player's inventory with "player.additem 1A2B3C4D" (where 1A2B3C4D is an example form ID, obviously use the one for whatever item you want added).

• 3 weeks later...

hey I'm getting a weird error from MCM where it says. missing plugins: FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp . I have tried enabling the plugins manually on vortex. I have reinstalled and manually installed mcm about 2 times now, and I have reinstalled f4se completely. anyone have an idea as to what can solve this? 

7 minutes ago, abert1444 said:

hey I'm getting a weird error from MCM where it says. missing plugins: FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp . I have tried enabling the plugins manually on vortex. I have reinstalled and manually installed mcm about 2 times now, and I have reinstalled f4se completely. anyone have an idea as to what can solve this? 

See my reply to you in the other topic where you posted the same question. Also please don't spam the same question to multiple mods' support topics. In this case you're using one of either FPE or FPER so make sure you ask in the topic for the mod you're actually using.

Could someone help with an abort...just at 1.7 months.  Keeps giving the unsafe to abort at doctors because of the milk of human kindness mod pushing the abort fail unsafe at 5 months flag.  I guess that's what's going on...which is causing the unsafe notice at doctors.  Is there a simple command in console to use or one of the best debug options.  Just moving on to test other mods, so don't want her currently preg.  I've tested this mod in the past.  All previous preg cycles and morphing has worked perfectly fine.   Please help with some kind of abort option...I really don't want to start a new game.  

8 hours ago, leesjig said:

Could someone help with an abort...just at 1.7 months.  Keeps giving the unsafe to abort at doctors because of the milk of human kindness mod pushing the abort fail unsafe at 5 months flag.  I guess that's what's going on...which is causing the unsafe notice at doctors.  Is there a simple command in console to use or one of the best debug options.  Just moving on to test other mods, so don't want her currently preg.  I've tested this mod in the past.  All previous preg cycles and morphing has worked perfectly fine.   Please help with some kind of abort option...I really don't want to start a new game.  

Like I mentioned in the other topic, you can probably just use startquest in the console to trigger the labor or loss quests, or reset the stage on the abort quest, though it looks like there's support in the CallFunctionFor API to directly abort pregnancies as well:

CQF FPE CFF player Abortion

Note I'm not in a position to test this now, but by my reading of the FPFP_Player script it should work as advertised.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Like I mentioned in the other topic, you can probably just use startquest in the console to trigger the labor or loss quests, or reset the stage on the abort quest, though it looks like there's support in the CallFunctionFor API to directly abort pregnancies as well:

CQF FPE CFF player Abortion

Note I'm not in a position to test this now, but by my reading of the FPFP_Player script it should work as advertised.

Hey vaultbait thanks for all the help.  I did test the console command above.  It did abort the preg., but left PregnancyBelly morph.  So she stuck with the preg. morph.  I ended up just starting new game.  Had a bunch of ss2 updates.  In the future ill keep fpe mutant preg turned off when I get to the breeder pit with testing mods...duh.

2 hours ago, leesjig said:

Hey vaultbait thanks for all the help.  I did test the console command above.  It did abort the preg., but left PregnancyBelly morph.  So she stuck with the preg. morph.  I ended up just starting new game.  Had a bunch of ss2 updates.  In the future ill keep fpe mutant preg turned off when I get to the breeder pit with testing mods...duh.

I thought FPE's MCM had a debug option to directly reset pregnancy morphs. Am I misremembering, or did that not work in your case? Also the HBD_MorphDebug tool is great for resetting keyword morphs from any mod, should the need arise in future.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, Kaotik said:

Inventory of who ever gave birth (or at least Cait had her baby in her inventory)

si i impregnate mysself at vault 81, gave birth and no baby in inventory. can someone know if its a bug or the baby appear later or......?

2 hours ago, Dasafox said:

si i impregnate mysself at vault 81, gave birth and no baby in inventory. can someone know if its a bug or the baby appear later or......?

The baby will appear in the Misc section of your inventory as soon as you give birth.

Whenever someone has this problem the first question I have to ask is: are you running this version of the mod, or the Redux version?

• 1 month later...

I am having issues with the GHOST activation  switch.

I need to turn it off completly.

I can turn it off with the toggle,

But it keeps toggling on by itself.

I am trying to figure out what triggers it to activate by it self.

Is there a way to edit an .ini file to disable this toggle?

Thank You!

Edited by rapidman
6 hours ago, rapidman said:

I am having issues with the GHOST activation  switch.

I need to turn it off completly.

I can turn it off with the toggle,

But it keeps toggling on by itself.

I am trying to figure out what triggers it to activate by it self.

Is there a way to edit an .ini file to disable this toggle?

Thank You!

What GHOST activation switch where?

Are you talking about the game engine's built-in ghost flag you can query and turn on/off with the GetIsGhost and SetGhost console commands? If so, AAF sets the player to ghost for the duration of any animation scene involving the player, and off again at the end of the scene. Some other mods also may set and unset the ghost flag for various reasons (Bound in Public, RSE II: CSA, Better Living Through Cumistry, AAF Violate, Provocative Perks, TSEX, Milking Human Kindness). In many cases, it's mods which want to equip a potion (chem) on the player, since the ghost flag prevents that from working, so mods may try to detect whether it's on and then briefly unset it while equipping the potion, setting it back when done.

Sometimes when multiple mods are trying to manage the ghost flag this way they can race each other and leave it on when it should have been turned off.  I've usually only seen this arise if there's a lot of script lag in your game causing actions to get delayed or processed out of the usual order, but it can sometimes also happen due to plain old bugs in mods or the game itself. When this happens, you can check whether Player.GetIsGhost in the console returns 1, and if so just Player.SetGhost 0 to undo it.

Note that FPE (the mod whose support topic you asked this in) does not use the ghost flag, so whatever's causing the problem isn't related to this mod.

The Gost toggle is in MCM,

FPE debug #2

I do use the Ghost Console Commands to check.

I found out because certain "aid" items would disapear with use and no effects.

I googled and found out about the ghost spell.

It does seem to activate and deavtivate after an AFF scene. but not always.

So you are saying that AFF turns it on and off, during anamations?

I wonder why.

I will check AFF .ini files for ghost calls.

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

First time using this mod I try to do some test to see if it works with my load order, I set the pregnant chance to the highest and set the pregnancy duration to the shortest, after confirm a NPC is pregnant via MCM Debug, I set timescale to 1000 and wait a bit, but there seems to be no visible change on her body, any tips or console command to help me to test it?

9 hours ago, nightwing100 said:

First time using this mod I try to do some test to see if it works with my load order, I set the pregnant chance to the highest and set the pregnancy duration to the shortest, after confirm a NPC is pregnant via MCM Debug, I set timescale to 1000 and wait a bit, but there seems to be no visible change on her body, any tips or console command to help me to test it?

Simplest thing is to set the FPE Month length to the shortest possible duration and then sleep that amount of time.

Make sure you have built your bodies and clothes with morphs enabled, otherwise pregnancy won't be visible.

11 hours ago, UghWhatDoIHaveToDo said:

So the belly morphing doesn't seem to work with Servitron. Tried both with the normal CBBE version and the FusionGirl conversion. Would it just need a dedicated patch, or am I missing something obvious? Pregnancy otherwise works since I have the AAF XML files

I don't really know anything about that mod, but it should work if the servitron body has the proper morph sliders and you built it in BodySlide with morphs enabled.