Cyberpunk Is Coming

DarksideTinkerbell

25 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I detect more than a faint whiff of hype in this thread. I wouldn't recommend it. Don't ever get hype for any reason. That stuff'll make you lose your wits.

CDPR hasn't lied or failed to deliver yet, that I'm aware of.  If this was a Bethesda game I wouldn't even be talking about it.  Regardless I'm not pre-ordering CP2077 and I'm not buying it until I can see real reviews by people who haven't been paid off.  BUT I have no reason to doubt CDPR because they haven't given me a reason to.

19 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I'm actually surprised the usual anti-CDPR group hasn't shown up here yet. 

They're all stuck on twitter/reset era being mad that a Cyberpunk 2077 screenshot had a poster with a trans person in it which is bad somehow... Because inclusion is only good when they do it.

21 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

They shifted focus a while back.  Check out their Twitter page.  https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame

"Cyberpunk 2077 — an open-world, action-adventure story developed by @CDPROJEKTRED"

I do not want to argue, but everywhere it's called RPG.
interesting report from Jun 12, 2019, 2:00pm

CD Projekt Red explains controversial Cyberpunk in-game ad featuring trans model
What a hypersexualized in-fiction ad reveals about the highly anticipated RPG

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/6/12/18662443/cyberpunk-2077-trans-advertisement-cd-projekt-red-e3-2019

10 hours ago, winny257 said:

I do not want to argue, but everywhere it's called RPG.

Gaming journalist and websites are calling it an RPG.  CDPR isn't calling it an RPG.  So we're supposed to believe the developer or gaming outlets?  I'll go with what CDPR says since they don't have a track record for lying.  Kotaku, Polygon, PCGamer, IGN, RockPaperShotgun, etc. ALL LIE on a regular basis.  If they said CP2077 was a flavor of soda would you believe them?

And it seems like you want to call CP2077 an RPG so you can claim it isn't one later.  The mystery is why you care since you're not going to buy the game or play it.  Right now you're just nitpicking over a game you have no intention of supporting.  If you want us to stop posting about a game we're interested in then just say so.  Is that what you want; for everyone to just shut up about Cyberpunk 2077?

22 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Max Scoville? Did everyone from Destructoid back in the Aughts go corporate, turn shill or become a moral guardian now? Ah, well, it is nice to see that he isn't banging on about things which are only tangentially related to the game like certain other games journalists seem to be doing right now.

Only being able to see one's character model during cutscenes almost feels as if one is playing the role of costumer in a big budget movie rather than designing one's own persistent avatar. That gives me Deus Ex: Invisible War flashbacks.

Cyber-Warfare in one's own head might be fun if it works like in E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy or Nier Automata if not in any way innovative. Then again, if it were all coding based,  the speed coding could feeling a bit too much like Typing of the Dead.

15 hours ago, peculiaris said:

They're all stuck on twitter/reset era being mad that a Cyberpunk 2077 screenshot had a poster with a trans person in it which is bad somehow... Because inclusion is only good when they do it.

SHH THEY'LL HEAR YOU

3 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Only being able to see one's character model during cutscenes almost feels as if one is playing the role of costumer in a big budget movie rather than designing one's own persistent avatar.

The cinematic feel of being in 1st person is intentional according to Mike Pondsmith.  The devs want the player to experience the game world from eye-level so the dystopian dread and claustrophobia have maximum impact.  He said as much in an interview.

3 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

The cinematic feel of being in 1st person is intentional according to Mike Pondsmith.  The devs want the player to experience the game world from eye-level so the dystopian dread and claustrophobia have maximum impact.  He said as much in an interview.

I suppose if one can trust any game company to hold true to anything approaching Artistic Integrity, it is CDProjekt. I'll be curious to see just how affecting that forced perspective can be in something which isn't Half-Life.

3 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Gaming journalist and websites are calling it an RPG.  CDPR isn't calling it an RPG.  So we're supposed to believe the developer or gaming outlets?  I'll go with what CDPR says since they don't have a track record for lying.  Kotaku, Polygon, PCGamer, IGN, RockPaperShotgun, etc. ALL LIE on a regular basis.  If they said CP2077 was a flavor of soda would you believe them?

And it seems like you want to call CP2077 an RPG so you can claim it isn't one later.  The mystery is why you care since you're not going to buy the game or play it.  Right now you're just nitpicking over a game you have no intention of supporting.  If you want us to stop posting about a game we're interested in then just say so.  Is that what you want; for everyone to just shut up about Cyberpunk 2077?

I never said that nobody should write about this game.
who wants to play it, please!
it's just about whether it's an RPG or not, You say it's an adventure!
then explain to me, why Wikipedia was not changed, even here is written "First-Person Action-Rollenspiel" = RPG!!!

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2077

and why should I CDPR not hate?
there are enough people the Bethesda, Bioware, EA, UbiSoft, etc, to hate, also you! :classic_wink:

when CDPR has decided to develop such a muck, then I have to accept this, but I do not have to like it! :classic_smile:

you can not thereon to hope, that themselves a 62 year old man interested in something like that.
would have CDPR developed a successor for The Witcher, then no bad word would come from me!
but I hate simply all fucked-up modern shit! :classic_tongue:

Looks to me like this will play much like Mass Effect did. Level up, yes/no/maybe dialogue decisions and smaller missions between major plotline (mostly linear) missions that have one or two outcomes.. And it looks like good fun for one or two playthroughs, I played ME to death back and forth, several times.

I hope there's lots of little side missions and stuff to explore, that will make me happy.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

Looks to me like this will play much like Mass Effect did. Level up, yes/no/maybe dialogue decisions and smaller missions between major plotline (mostly linear) missions that have one or two outcomes.. And it looks like good fun for one or two playthroughs, I played ME to death back and forth, several times.

I hope there's lots of little side missions and stuff to explore, that will make me happy.

From what I've been reading and watching there's going to be multiple outcomes for quests; excel and succeed, succeed, fail, fail catastrophically.  And each of those will have their own rewards/consequences.  The choices you make will affect future quests, available dialogue, etc.  I think there will be more to the game than Paragon/Renegade/Biotics/Guns.  Pondsmith and Keanus Reeves both said it will be richer and have more depth than Witcher3.  If that pans out to be true the game will be bad-ass, from a story standpoint anyway.

I played through the entirety of Witcher3 four times; all of the side quests, DLCs, etc.  That's twice as many full playthroughs as I did for Skyrim.  After the main quest and a faction or two; how many Skyrim sessions are really entertaining?  Once I start adding sex mods the base game content is exhausted as far as I'm concerned.

CP2077 could be a total bomb, but I doubt it.  SJWs are already crying about it so that means it will entertaining, if not outright good. :classic_smile:

30 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Once I start adding sex mods the base game content is exhausted as far as I'm concerned.

CP2077 could be a total bomb, but I doubt it.  SJWs are already crying about it so that means it will entertaining, if not outright good. :classic_smile:

you do not seriously believe that, in an EGO game, Sex Mods possible are.
how do one say, the hope dies last. :classic_laugh:
CDPR will never allow this.

what was \ is in The Witcher 3 possible?
a few nude body's but certainly not sex mods!

18 minutes ago, winny257 said:

you do not seriously believe that, in an EGO game, Sex Mods possible are.
how do one say, the hope dies last. :classic_laugh:
CDPR will never allow this.

what was \ is in The Witcher 3 possible?
a few nude body's but certainly not sex mods!

What ARE you talking about?  Where did I say I wanted sex mods for CP2077?  Where did I say I wanted sex mods for Witcher3?  You're just making things up at this point, and you're trying so hard to hate on CDPR that you're making a fool of yourself.  You have nothing of value to add to this topic so I'm done with you.  Post whatever foolishness you want; I won't see it.

There isn't a single setting more conducive to all manner of alternative morphologies than the Cyberpunk setting (except maybe The Sims, particularly 3)so having a much wider array of customization option than most other games is definitely welcome.

Trans-Genderism/Sexuality would simply be seen as another form of Trans-Humanism in a time and place where and when full body augmentation is common and socially acceptable.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

There isn't a single setting more conducive to all manner of alternative morphologies than the Cyberpunk setting (except maybe The Sims, particularly 3)so having a much wider array of customization option than most other games is definitely welcome.

Trans-Genderism/Sexuality would simply be seen as another form of Trans-Humanism in a time and place where and when full body augmentation is common and socially acceptable.

Yeah, I've been reading the 'criticisms' from click-bait journos;

'Jackie is a stereotype for Hispanics!'  NO, Jackie is a cholo and that's a not a stereotype.  If the journos knew any Chicanos or Tejanos they'd understand that.  Anyone who lives in the American Southwest has heard Jackie's accent and the words he uses; it's that commonplace.

'The Voodoo Boys are a stereotype for blacks!'  Same case as with Jackie; these journos don't know any Caribbean blacks.  Mike Pondsmith has Haitian friends and they were the inspiration for the Voodoo Boys accents.  He even let them listen to some of the recorded dialogue and they loved it.

'They're using trans people as a fetish...whinge-whinge-cry-cry!'  So these journos are saying that trans people can't be attractive and they can't be used as a marketing tools by the big corps in the game world.  The journos are the ones who sound transphobic, not the game devs.

All of this 'controversy' is just ginned-up Liberal bullshit so they can generate outrage clicks for their stupid sites.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

All of this 'controversy' is just ginned-up Liberal bullshit so they can generate outrage clicks for their stupid sites.

Hey now. Don't put this on any kind of Liberal mindset.

This is all on those people who hide behind the deliberately vague label of Progressive who tend to be very illiberal much of the time. To them, everything which is allowed to exist must be in service to the cause of progression towards their ideal form of society.

Another word for them would be Utopians.

Any entrant in the genre worth its silicon will feature people exactly like them as part of their narrative so they won't have to worry about being represented in the game.

They might be upset that they aren't the heroes of the narrative, though.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

I don't know about all of this. These interviews have just been about the game and the franchise and we all know that relevance is oppression.

Why did no one ask Ainu suffering from color-blindness how they feel about the color scheme of the setting from which they seem to be completely absent?

Seriously, though, for something that isn't wearing the RPG label very prominently, it certainly looks set to have a lot more 'RPG Elements' than most other games out there purported to be at least tangentially connected to the Role Playing Game super genre.

"Mighty swell place you've got here. Would be a shame if... something happened to it."

Archived