Cyberpunk Is Coming

DarksideTinkerbell

I remember playing Cyberpunk when I was younger, (that is the role-playing game). The concept was awesome, a mixture of Magic and Science, Cybernetically enhanced. Even then the game was border-line Adult oriented it screamed sex.

Now the game as I understand it, is coming out on PC (oh yeah and Xbox and that other platform).  While I have an Xbox I rarely use it as well, sure you can mod stuff but compared to PC it really is childs play.

So here is the BIG QUESTION....

Does anyone know if Cyberpunk will be welcoming the Modding Community into its gaming mechanics, like Skyrim has done? If so will LL embrace Cyberpunk especially of course the awesome Mod Authors that grace LL with their genius creations?

Cyberpunk is still months away I believe? And while I will play it to its end un-modded once done I will be hoping to Mod the living shit out of it afterwards.

2 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Is that the game that had Dennis Hopper voiceover? 

Not sure lol I suck at the names of stars, unless I fantasize about them a lot I don't really care for names...

here is a link to 1 of the many sites talking about the release and game itself. It has a preview on it as well.

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-trailer-and-news

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

This was the game I was referring to: 

No not that, never even knew that even existed.

If I could find a link to Cyberpunk 2077 preview only there is a very obvious difference between the two. Mind you the link I provided has some awesome Video previews on it.

About the kind of modding you expect from Fallout/skyrim: Almost Impossible. Witcher 3 had modding tools, but they were limited and somewhat clunky to work with; so don't expect anything besides some texture edits, maybe character and mesh swaps.

14 hours ago, DarksideTinkerbell said:

The concept was awesome, a mixture of Magic and Science, Cybernetically enhanced.

Magic? The only cyberpunk (genre) RPG I know of with that is Shadowrun. In fact I'm a bit of a Shadowrun fanatic with the exception of the Fourth and Fifth Editions (I hate the changes made in both). Discussion of SR is for another thread, though.

I've been saying the same thing in the original CP 2077 thread that @Kargrin said. CDPR hasn't offered modding tools on par with Bethesda yet. I hope they do but I'm not expecting much more than TW3 got.

7 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Magic? The only cyberpunk (genre) RPG I know of with that is Shadowrun. In fact I'm a bit of a Shadowrun fanatic with the exception of the Fourth and Fifth Editions (I hate the changes made in both). Discussion of SR is for another thread, though.

I've been saying the same thing in the original CP 2077 thread that @Kargrin said. CDPR hasn't offered modding tools on par with Bethesda yet. I hope they do but I'm not expecting much more than TW3 got.

Shadowrun, that brings back memories...

There is an original thread for Cyberpunk 2077? I Did not know could you Link it here? It seems silly to start a new thread on the same topic if it is already being reviewed and discussed elsewhere on the same site.

9 hours ago, DarksideTinkerbell said:

Shadowrun, that brings back memories...

There is an original thread for Cyberpunk 2077? I Did not know could you Link it here? It seems silly to start a new thread on the same topic if it is already being reviewed and discussed elsewhere on the same site.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:12 PM, DarksideTinkerbell said:

Does anyone know if Cyberpunk will be welcoming the Modding Community into its gaming mechanics, like Skyrim has done? If so will LL embrace Cyberpunk especially of course the awesome Mod Authors that grace LL with their genius creations? 

Skyrim's mod development was organic and fueled by drive, open idea exploration and ego before it was fueled by patreon and asset theft. There is no such ecosystem for '77, nor will there be when it launches, and that's not even covering that it's technically a licensed game. CDPR will not in any century or timeline except the one where samuel L jackson and keith david were elected co-presidents for life pay for unlimited end user licenses for RedKit and the other applications and APIs used to make '77, especially when GOG is literally making quarterly profits in the the thousands despite having about 7 million users.

Not happening. You can expect open ended story modules and locations and npc to be fleshed out, but expecting the level of organic modding that LE has is laugh out loud naive.

2 hours ago, 27X said:

Skyrim's mod development was organic and fueled by drive, open idea exploration and ego before it was fueled by patreon and asset theft. There is no such ecosystem for '77, nor will there be when it launches, and that's not even covering that it's technically a licensed game. CDPR will not in any century or timeline except the one where samuel L jackson and keith david were elected co-presidents for life pay for unlimited end user licenses for RedKit and the other applications and APIs used to make '77, especially when GOG is literally making quarterly profits in the the thousands despite having about 7 million users.

Not happening. You can expect open ended story modules and locations and npc to be fleshed out, but expecting the level of organic modding that LE has is laugh out loud naive.

While what you say is realistic and very informative. Plus I cannot help but agree '77 will likely never be as versatile in Modding as LE has become. I remain optimistic that just maybe, you will be wrong.
Either way to mod or not, the game in itself looks like fun, still not sure I like the idea of "only first person", maybe I will have to build a VR rig?

• 1 month later...

'did not get leaked'

did not get leaked my ass. They literally gave the ending away. All of it.

Spoiler

Silverhand found the key to virtual recursive immortality, which means an end to corporate owned life extension and enhancement.

I'm actually surprised the usual anti-CDPR group hasn't shown up here yet. CP 2077 is looking like a complete gem while the triple-A publishers have all had disappointing and blatantly supporter-seeded presentations. When your online viewer numbers drop to almost nothing after the first fifty minutes of a three-hour showcase and the only ones cheering are paid supporters or NPC fanbois, that's a sign nobody likes you (*cough* EA *cough*).

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I'm actually surprised the usual anti-CDPR group hasn't shown up here yet. CP 2077 is looking like a complete gem

what did you say, not yet emerged?
I'm in lurking position! :classic_wink:

giphy.gif

you say CP 2077 is looking like a complete gem, yes for small children, but not for people who confound an RPG with a EGO shooter! :classic_tongue:

11 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

CP2077 is an action-adventure, not an RPG. ?

Cyberpunk 2077 is an action role-playing game by the Polish developer studio CD Projekt RED.

Based on the pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020, it takes place 57 years later in the dystopian city of Night City, California, an open world with six different regions. 

and a role-playing game is an RPG! :classic_wink:

https://www.pcgames.de/Cyberpunk-2077-Spiel-20697/News/RPG-durchspielen-ohne-einzigen-Gegner-umzubringen-1284227/

6 minutes ago, winny257 said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is an action role-playing game by the Polish developer studio CD Projekt RED.

Based on the pen & paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020, it takes place 57 years later in the dystopian city of Night City, California, an open world with six different regions. 

and a role-playing game is an RPG! :classic_wink:

They shifted focus a while back.  Check out their Twitter page.  https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame

"Cyberpunk 2077 — an open-world, action-adventure story developed by @CDPROJEKTRED"

Most folks don't have a preconceived notion of what the series is supposed to be like because so few have heard of CP 2020 and the only other, largely unknown video game incarnation was a 2D platformer for Java. Unlike, say, Shadowrun, which has greater cultural saturation and five different incarnations (Sega Genesis, Sega CD, SNES, Microsoft, and Steam). If it's faithful to the P&P RPG then that's great. If not, then CP 2020 fans will know what we Shadowrun fans went through with the SNES and Microsoft games (especially the latter) and when Catalyst Gaming Labs bought out FASA Corp and introduced Fourth and Fifth Editions. :classic_angry:

7 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

For me it doesn't matter what genre label they slap on it; Witcher3 is to-date the most engaging game I've ever played.  CP2077 promises to be the same.

I agree with that. And as soon as CDPR does something I truly despise, I'll drop them like a bad habit. I'm not loyal to companies but to individual games. Makes it easier to leave their makers behind when they invariably go bad.

14 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I agree with that. And as soon as CDPR does something I truly despise, I'll drop them like a bad habit.

If they go by the Witcher3 marketing model no one will be disappointed.  Free cosmetic dlcs, free animation dlcs, extra content added with free patches, no microtransactions, no industry-standard predatory bullshit.  Hopefully we'll get two full-sized DLCs as well.  And with the base game pack CDPR is giving away all sorts of free goodies.

Archived