vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

22 hours ago, gatto tom said:

KAS_HAIR_001

I did a Morphing Mod using HTM_COS_031 and what I am doing it's trying to let stop loading kidsmm1 and kidsmm2 (or replacing them with kidsalb and kidsnmh)  from it. I did a test on HTM_COS_001, because i had the same issue but changing them to kidsalb and kidsnmh won't help. When i taunt this is the result: 

Reveal hidden contents

1121388549_DeadOrAlive6Screenshot2019_09.29-20_43_25_45.png.79d46fe6758033e98ec651490a747033.png

743854483_DeadOrAlive6Screenshot2019_09.29-20_45_31_97.png.34a43509ec1071df3830236a59fad45b.png

The Yellow color doesn't have kidsnmm1 and kidsnmm2, so i was trying to find a solution

omg thank you! um, whats the name for phase 4's blue ribbon? when i try to change "1", nothing happens :/

On 8/3/2019 at 5:48 AM, rjqnraos19 said:

This is not easy. the hair color doesn't matter. the problem is low quality of alpha channel.

I tried to retextured the hair alpha channel for test. and I notice the transparent completely not working in fighting. only honoka, helena, marie, tina

20190731074028_1.jpg.06e0d54094ceac6da0c38956614ff3ca.jpg

intro

20190731074033_1.jpg.4cb6332b966cc3cf0bf37baaa9ed285d.jpg

in fighting

as you can see the transparent is broken. 

Yea, broken. :(

g1mtools updated to 0.8

Changelog:

- Bugfix: g1m_import wouldn't properly import some g1m files with 32 bits indexes.

- Bugfix: if, as a result of g1m_import internal operations, the index size is not enough to hold all vertices, g1m_import will automatically increase it (from 8 to 16 bits, or from 16 to 32 bits)

--------------

Please note that I haven't yet implemented the vertex duplication removal, I will leave that for another version.

This question about the lack of modding tools has been asked many times. Can someone remake the DOA5 modding tools so that they work with DOA6 mods?

First of all, I mean such very useful tools as Texture_Tool and Object_Tool.

2 hours ago, Zayc said:

This question about the lack of modding tools has been asked many times. Can someone remake the DOA5 modding tools so that they work with DOA6 mods?

DOA5 and DOA6 use two different engines. Different formats, different everything.

16 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

g1mtools updated to 0.8

Changelog:

- Bugfix: g1m_import wouldn't properly import some g1m files with 32 bits indexes.

- Bugfix: if, as a result of g1m_import internal operations, the index size is not enough to hold all vertices, g1m_import will automatically increase it (from 8 to 16 bits, or from 16 to 32 bits)

--------------

Please note that I haven't yet implemented the vertex duplication removal, I will leave that for another version.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Zayc said:

If you want better tools, then please be our guest and assist in creating them.
DOA6 modding is still quite young, it hasn't had the years to mature like DOA5 modding has.

REDELBE updated to 1.4

Changelog:

- Layer2 support for Bunny costumes (COS_102, HAIR_102)
- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 1.4)
- Bugfix: the stage mod with the boss stage (hidden forest night) couldn't be selected randomly. It now can (atm, only in versus, support for arcade/ta in next version)
- The story mode stages "Colosseum night" and "Road rage night" can now be used by mods by using the special "work" codes: COLNIGHT and RRNIGHT respectively.

-------------

rdbtool updated to 1.4

Changelog:

- More filenames available (from game version 1.12, mainly)
- Support for 1.12 dead files

-------------

To modders:

I noticed TN did some internal changes to some Ninja costumes, where number of materials may have been changed. Honoka should be one of those, please test if your mods based on those still work.

A lot of wedding costume hairs seem to have also been updated with different number of materials, you may check those too.

23 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

Applying the CLS401_NIGHT.kidsobj (i don't remember the correct name) is the same result of using your work COLNIGHT feature? Or is there any difference that you noticed when that stage is loaded?

I haven't checked which files get loaded exactly so I wouldn't know the difference, but REDELBE makes the function that load the stage get the same parameter that in the fight of Marie and Helena in the first piece of story. Except for the NPC's on the background, I think the NPC get disabled in another function, so there must be possibly a way of disabling NPC in any stage that has them.

Btw, I forgot about the stage where Hayate and Hayabusa fight. That is a variant of the boss stage, but it has a lot more light. I will add that in next version.

52 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

I haven't checked which files get loaded exactly so I wouldn't know the difference, but REDELBE makes the function that load the stage get the same parameter that in the fight of Marie and Helena in the first piece of story. Except for the NPC's on the background, I think the NPC get disabled in another function, so there must be possibly a way of disabling NPC in any stage that has them.

Btw, I forgot about the stage where Hayate and Hayabusa fight. That is a variant of the boss stage, but it has a lot more light. I will add that in next version.

What is NPC?

On 10/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, vagonumero13 said:

REDELBE updated to 1.4

Changelog:

- Layer2 support for Bunny costumes (COS_102, HAIR_102)
- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 1.4)
- Bugfix: the stage mod with the boss stage (hidden forest night) couldn't be selected randomly. It now can (atm, only in versus, support for arcade/ta in next version)
- The story mode stages "Colosseum night" and "Road rage night" can now be used by mods by using the special "work" codes: COLNIGHT and RRNIGHT respectively.

-------------

rdbtool updated to 1.4

Changelog:

- More filenames available (from game version 1.12, mainly)
- Support for 1.12 dead files

-------------

To modders:

I noticed TN did some internal changes to some Ninja costumes, where number of materials may have been changed. Honoka should be one of those, please test if your mods based on those still work.

A lot of wedding costume hairs seem to have also been updated with different number of materials, you may check those too.

is there a way to get the "road rage night" stage as an KIDS file so i can use it without using layer2?

@vagonumero13 I'm not sure if it's ok to ask, but just in case:

Would it be in your power to make REDELBE read non-Layer2 mods nested in folders?

Layer2 mods already allow this, and they're very easy to organize for mod users.  But replacer mods don't have this feature, so organization becomes a nightmare :(
I'm assuming this is to avoid mod conflicts, since all the files are flattened this way is in one folder.

Also, Layer2 allows us to use "slot" and "work" features, which gives a lot of freedom and ease of use.
Replacer mods I think would benefit the most from this, because it would allow mod authors to reduce the size of their mods.

Example:
In the current workflow, if I want to adjust the skin texture for 1 character, I have to copy that same texture for every single costume they have, which can be over 10 copies of the same exact texture.

But if we could use "slot" and "work" for texture replacer mods, mod authors could just put one single texture in the archive, and write in the ini all the names of all the files it's meant to replace.  Users would only need to download 1 small file, and have all those textures replaced by it.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Blackman1 said:

So to hide meshes from costumes like weapons I would have to download Blender? I tried opening the exe's but it doesn't work.

Would be nice if someone succeeded into making easy-to-use programs like for DOA5 where even newbs like me could work with.

Wow1 It would be nice to get something like LR Photo Studio for DOA6.  :blush: 

Pls!