vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

hello. I have a question.

honoka, marie, helena, tina has bad quality hair textures. (seems like transparent doesn't work well. but the texture files are fine.)

their hair textures was really fine in doa6 1.01 version. that mean the update ruins the textures.

but it's fine as well now in intro pose, break blow, char select. only looks bad when fighting, even watch mod.

so I want to find the files for fixing their hair.

I think it's in system.rdb or RRpreview.rdb.

have you ever seen any files about this issue?

sorry for my bad english.

1564491915.jpg.9474b99997c4d41a5accf2021220b3b6.jpg

current version

1564491914.jpg.9c16b29c012aae983649a6d2a1a9e631.jpg

1 hour ago, rjqnraos19 said:

honoka, marie, helena, tina has bad quality hair textures. (seems like transparent doesn't work well. but the texture files are fine.)

their hair textures was really fine in doa6 1.01 version. that mean the update ruins the textures.

but it's fine as well now in intro pose, break blow, char select. only looks bad when fighting, even watch mod.

current version

Yes, this is no good. :( 

12 hours ago, rjqnraos19 said:

There are modders who can change the color of hair, surely there is more information from them for hair textures?

1 hour ago, SatanicFly said:

There are modders who can change the color of hair, surely there is more information from them for hair textures?

This is not easy. the hair color doesn't matter. the problem is low quality of alpha channel.

I tried to retextured the hair alpha channel for test. and I notice the transparent completely not working in fighting. only honoka, helena, marie, tina

20190731074028_1.jpg.06e0d54094ceac6da0c38956614ff3ca.jpg

intro

20190731074033_1.jpg.4cb6332b966cc3cf0bf37baaa9ed285d.jpg

in fighting

as you can see the transparent is broken. 

23 hours ago, rjqnraos19 said:

current version

It may have been a change in the engine or something, because the .g1t files of Honoka hairs have never been updated.

1 hour ago, vagonumero13 said:

It may have been a change in the engine or something, because the .g1t files of Honoka hairs have never been updated.

Since you say it is only broken for some characters (honoka, marie, helena, tina) then maybe it is a bug if we are lucky the developers will look into it.

I have received a response from KT (about when Kasumi early purchase costume will be available) when making a request using this site:

https://koeitecmo.info/inquiry/kta/

The best part is no mention of this in the patch notes, so maybe there is a chance.

Thanks

On 8/7/2019 at 9:11 PM, toto4 said:

But, as I understand it, it is very difficult to perform such transformations without source code. Did you disassemble Redelbe?

No, I just uploaded the file I have here! It was downloaded before it went out!

The funny thing is that none of the three patches that broke, were really "broken". REDELBE patch engine has a default search size of 1MB from the reference address, these 3 patches just moved from that area.

So, in the meanwhile, if someone cannot wait for the update, you can fix current REDELBE with a bit of xml editing.

Locate the three following patches in Layer2.xml: "PatchSRARTA", "PatchSRSV", and "PatchSRVS". And add this thing to the three of them: search_up="0x2000000"

(example: <Patch name="PatchSRVS" type="hook" search_start="0x1742CD0" comment="signature 1.03b" search_up="0x2000000" >)

4 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

The funny thing is that none of the three patches that broke, were really "broken". REDELBE patch engine has a default search size of 1MB from the reference address, these 3 patches just moved from that area.

So, in the meanwhile, if someone cannot wait for the update, you can fix current REDELBE with a bit of xml editing.

Locate the three following patches in Layer2.xml: "PatchSRARTA", "PatchSRSV", and "PatchSRVS". And add this thing to the three of them: search_up="0x2000000"

(example: <Patch name="PatchSRVS" type="hook" search_start="0x1742CD0" comment="signature 1.03b" search_up="0x2000000" >)

Thanks.

First i edited the file.
It didnt work.
I tought, that i am stupid, cant even edit a file.
After some minutes i realized i edited my backup file not the file in the patches folder.
Now it works.

Thanks again ^^

REDELBE updated to version 1.1

Changelog:

- Fixed compatibility with game version 1.09
- Layer2 support for the "Summer Breeze" DLC costumes (COS_031, HAIR_031)
- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 1.1)
- Modders can now create a boss stage mod (hidden forest) by using a layer2 stage with "work = BOSS". Note that this is actually a pseudo-stage code that will make REDELBE apply the patch necessary for it to work.

-----

rdbtool updated to version 1.1

Changelog:

- More filenames available.
- Support for 1.09 dead files

Running into a bit of an issue with the text displaying the names of the mods in game.

I enabled in the ini file, marked true, but i dont see it displayed on the CSS or the SSS as previously.

Any idea what could cause this? -- thanks!

On 8/2/2019 at 9:06 AM, rjqnraos19 said:

current version

Yo!!  How we looking with any potential hair fixes in the 1.09 patch?  I'm seeing improved hair in posted YouTube videos, how can we know for sure?  Also can we verify this is also broken on the PS4 version?

1 hour ago, SatanicFly said:

Yo!!  How we looking with any potential hair fixes in the 1.09 patch?  I'm seeing improved hair in posted YouTube videos, how can we know for sure?  Also can we verify this is also broken on the PS4 version?

The console doa6 has fine hair. only on pc.

and it still doesn't fixed.

23 hours ago, rjqnraos19 said:

The console doa6 has fine hair. only on pc.

and it still doesn't fixed.

Hey, I found something interesting.  I selected the new (summer dress) costume for Honoka and BINGO! the fine hair was back!  I then did a training mode with Honoka vs Honoka, one with the summer dress the other with swimsuit. 

The hair between them was different one on left with fine hair, one on right without! 

I tried removing REDELBE to see if it fixed anything however it did not. 

How can we look at the files for the summer dress costume to see what is different?  I will keep looking into the issue.

Here is a screenshot:Untitled9.thumb.png.6136d0482fc46735b7998defc11edf1b.png