vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

On 8/21/2019 at 2:15 AM, Zhime_ said:

Running into a bit of an issue with the text displaying the names of the mods in game.

I enabled in the ini file, marked true, but i dont see it displayed on the CSS or the SSS as previously.

Any idea what could cause this? -- thanks!

Check the .ini again. If you updated REDELBE, when copying the REDELBE folder, the .ini gets reseted to the original, which has those options disabled.

On 8/21/2019 at 11:21 PM, SatanicFly said:

Hey, I found something interesting.  I selected the new (summer dress) costume for Honoka and BINGO! the fine hair was back!  I then did a training mode with Honoka vs Honoka, one with the summer dress the other with swimsuit. 

The hair between them was different one on left with fine hair, one on right without! 

I tried removing REDELBE to see if it fixed anything however it did not. 

How can we look at the files for the summer dress costume to see what is different?  I will keep looking into the issue.

Here is a screenshot:

Looks like the following hair styles are broken on PC/Steam:

Marie Rose - Long

Honoka - Half Up

Helena - Long

Tina - too difficult to tell as her hair is short and seems poor quality even in the character select screen

Here are some working hair styles:

Honoka - Flower Adornment

Honoka - Long

All other hair styles as far as I can tell are working.

I also quickly verified PS4 hair styles on "Honoka - Half Up" are working on a recent patch of the game.

This is probably related to the online graphics reduction that Steam/PC users have to deal with in order to fight at 60fps.

It appears to not be ALL hairstyles I would say this is an easily fixable bug and not deliberate against Steam/PC users. 

However given the state of this game its unlikely the DEVs even know about it or are ready to fix it.

I'll open a ticket at the KT ticket board, and also install the original 1.01 version to verify the change.

I am pretty upset because I had to deal with DOA5LR being the PS3 port of the game on Steam/PC.

At this point I'm ready to wait for the next DOA title.  Only time will tell.

3 hours ago, SatanicFly said:

Looks like the following hair styles are broken on PC/Steam:

Marie Rose - Long

Honoka - Half Up

Helena - Long

Tina - too difficult to tell as her hair is short and seems poor quality even in the character select screen

Here are some working hair styles:

Honoka - Flower Adornment

Honoka - Long

All other hair styles as far as I can tell are working.

I also quickly verified PS4 hair styles on "Honoka - Half Up" are working on a recent patch of the game.

This is probably related to the online graphics reduction that Steam/PC users have to deal with in order to fight at 60fps.

It appears to not be ALL hairstyles I would say this is an easily fixable bug and not deliberate against Steam/PC users. 

However given the state of this game its unlikely the DEVs even know about it or are ready to fix it.

I'll open a ticket at the KT ticket board, and also install the original 1.01 version to verify the change.

I am pretty upset because I had to deal with DOA5LR being the PS3 port of the game on Steam/PC.

At this point I'm ready to wait for the next DOA title.  Only time will tell.

And if you replace the texture, taking it from version 1.01? Maybe then it will be OK.

12 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Check the .ini again. If you updated REDELBE, when copying the REDELBE folder, the .ini gets reseted to the original, which has those options disabled.

Vago -- I definitely triple checked and i do have both lines set on "true".

The REDELBE version does show at the bottom of the page when loaded and all mods do load correctly. 

Is it possible that one of the patches is in the wrong location?

Also attempted a complete reinstall but achieved the same result - mod names not listed.

EDIT -- INI was copied in the wrong location. was only in the root and not also inside the REDELBE folder. -- thanks for the help though, i rly appreciate the quick responses! Awesome work!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want current version of REDELBE to work, in 1.10, change the following two patches in Layer2.xml:

"LocateMO" and "PatchBI".

Add this -> search_up="0x2000000"

after the comment="signature 1.03b"

----

Otherwise, wait for the update, since anyway I have to give support to the new costumes. This time I will change the default search size of patches directly in the .dll, from 1MB to 2MB, as all patches from 1.03b are dying one by one due to out of range in the search.

This means that since 1.03b TN has coded more than 1MB of binary in the exe (1MB of binary in an exe is quite a lot of C++ lines, so it looks like they have actually changed a lot of things in these months, even if not perceived by players)

REDELBE updated to version 1.2.

Changelog:

- Fixed compatibility with game version 1.10
- Layer2 support for the free costumes added in 1.10 (COS_100, HAIR_100)
- The default signature search size of the patch engine has been changed from 1MB to 2MB (it can make patches last longer)
- More filenames available (matching rdbtool 1.2)

--------

rdbtool updated to version 1.2.

Changelog:

- More filenames available (from game version 1.10)
- Support for 1.10 dead files

-------

To the attention of the modders: the following "Summer Breeze" costumes have been changed by TN: Christie, Hitomi, Mila and Nyotengu.

The change include some change in number of materials. If you have a mod based on any of those, I would recommend you to check if they do still work on 1.10.

12 minutes ago, vanvandеr said:

It would be very useful to add backward compatibility to work with previous versions of the game. Just like it was in DOA5.

Version 1.2 should work in 1.08, 1.09 and 1.10.

I don't see much point in supporting older versions because there isn't much point in playing those, since they lack characters and a stage.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, SatanicFly said:

Yo!!  How we looking with any potential hair fixes in the 1.09 patch?  I'm seeing improved hair in posted YouTube videos, how can we know for sure?  Also can we verify this is also broken on the PS4 version?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

The worst part is my job is a web developer and all I do is fix bugs found by customers all day long!!!!  It's all CODE!!!

On 8/2/2019 at 9:06 AM, rjqnraos19 said:

hello. I have a question.

honoka, marie, helena, tina has bad quality hair textures. (seems like transparent doesn't work well. but the texture files are fine.)

their hair textures was really fine in doa6 1.01 version. that mean the update ruins the textures.

but it's fine as well now in intro pose, break blow, char select. only looks bad when fighting, even watch mod.

so I want to find the files for fixing their hair.

I think it's in system.rdb or RRpreview.rdb.

have you ever seen any files about this issue?

sorry for my bad english.

1564491915.jpg.9474b99997c4d41a5accf2021220b3b6.jpg

current version

1564491914.jpg.9c16b29c012aae983649a6d2a1a9e631.jpg

Yoo,

I got a reply back from Team Ninja regarding this issue.

Here is the reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

A system requirement for the game you are inquiring about is that your OS is Windows 10 only.
Because Windows 7 is not a supported OS, the game might not run correctly.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/838380/

We are afraid we can no longer assist you with this issue.
We hope you will understand the situation.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Sincerely,

Koei Tecmo Customer Support

Is anyone running this game in Windows 10 and can confirm the hair is still an issue? 

Just would like to make sure who knows maybe Team Ninja can help?

7 hours ago, SatanicFly said:

Yoo,

I got a reply back from Team Ninja regarding this issue.

Here is the reply:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

A system requirement for the game you are inquiring about is that your OS is Windows 10 only.
Because Windows 7 is not a supported OS, the game might not run correctly.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/838380/

We are afraid we can no longer assist you with this issue.
We hope you will understand the situation.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Sincerely,

Koei Tecmo Customer Support

Is anyone running this game in Windows 10 and can confirm the hair is still an issue? 

Just would like to make sure who knows maybe Team Ninja can help?

I think 90% people run this game in win10....

Hello,

I have a problem I don't understand. I use Layer2.

When I select a mod in training, it works. But when I try to use it online (like ranked) the mod doesn't apply.

I tried several times, by selecting the mod before going online, but I couldn't do it either.

Did I miss something?