vagonumero13 tools (REDELBE, rdbtool, g1mtools, doa6decsave) Update 17 Aug: REDELBE 3.0

@vagonumero13

Hey there, I was hoping you could upload your tools in this section here:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/category/191-dead-or-alive-6/

Thanks to the wonderful moderators, we have a dedicated section for hosting files and tools for DOA6, we don't have to just attach them directly in our posts anymore.  Instead you can upload direction to the downloads section, and link people to the downloads directly.

The other benefit is that you won't have to keep updating the attachments in your posts, because the link will always take people to the latest version uploaded to the dedicated downloads section.

1 hour ago, Aurora Rain said:

@vagonumero13

Hey there, I was hoping you could upload your tools in this section here:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/category/191-dead-or-alive-6/

Thanks to the wonderful moderators, we have a dedicated section for hosting files and tools for DOA6, we don't have to just attach them directly in our posts anymore.  Instead you can upload direction to the downloads section, and link people to the downloads directly.

The other benefit is that you won't have to keep updating the attachments in your posts, because the link will always take people to the latest version uploaded to the dedicated downloads section.

But wouldn't that require me to put a thread per tool? I'd rather keep all the tools in a single thread.

45 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

But wouldn't that require me to put a thread per tool? I'd rather keep all the tools in a single thread.

The thread is auto generated, you don't have to do anything for it.
Personally I think it helps organize bug reports and feedback because it would be posted under each tool, instead of having to figure out what tool someone was using when they had an error or needed help with something.

There is a "delete" in the thread section, but I'm not sure if that would also remove it from the downloads section as well.

REDELBE has been updated to the version 0.4.

Changelog:

- Added the new costume/hair functionality (aka "Layer2 mods"). Refer to the readme for usage.
- Added an extra feature in the ini for the patch to uncensor break blows to Honoka/Marie/Nico.
  This patch is ****NOT*** enabled by default. To enable it, use the ini file.
  (For future reference: if I add any extra feature like this, they will always be disabled by default).  
- ".rigbin" files didn't work in CharacterEditor due to an extra space in the source code.
- REDELBE is now more "live-modding" friendly (changing modded files while game is running) (Still files must exist in REDELBE dir before game startup, but once they exist, they can be modified while the game is running).

Read the damn Readmes about how the new cosutme/hair functionality work.

Modders, also don't forget to download the sample mods (Layer2 sample mods) to familiarize yourself with this functionalty.

Currently known issues:

- Currently there are problems if both player 1 and player 2 use a variant of the same outfit (this applies only when using layer2 mods). This usually happen when player1 and player2 use same character, same outfit, the player2 outfit may not get updated in such cases, and in battle it would use the same variant than player 1.

If you are updating from a previous version, DON'T SKIP COPYNG AGAIN THE REDELBE FOLDER, as it now has two new sub-folders inside and a new .ini.

--------------------

rdbtool has also been updated to 0.3c to fix a minor bug:

- Fixed: The .rigbin files of wedding costumes were getting extracted with double extension.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work on the doa6 modding community. I just tried out REDELBE 0.4 and the new costume feature worked great. Also love the "work" feature.

Out of curiosity, I have a question, imagine I added a new costume to marie's deluxe for example, obviously my opponent online will see the original deluxe outfit, but what happens if he has the exact same mod? Do we see each other's new added costume then? Cause I remember with Autolink in DoA5, even if we both had the same mods, we still couldn't see them.

Keep up the great work!

@vagonumero13 Thank you for this update, but I have questions.

I'm trying to use the new Layer2 feature to add a new color option for Ayane's hair.
But it won't show up in the list.

Looking at your long hair Ayane example, I see that you have the g1m file there, but also you also have .grp .oid .oidx and .swg
What are these file types, and do I need to have these just to add a hair color swap? And if so, what archive do I need to extract these from?

EDIT:
I also noticed a .ktid and a .ktis
So what are these?

9 minutes ago, Aurora Rain said:

@vagonumero13 Thank you for this update, but I have questions.

I'm trying to use the new Layer2 feature to add a new color option for Ayane's hair.
But it won't show up in the list.

Looking at your long hair Ayane example, I see that you have the g1m file there, but also you also have .grp .oid .oidx and .swg
What are these file types, and do I need to have these just to add a hair color swap? And if so, what archive do I need to extract these from?

No, you don't need those files. Ayane example is more complex because I copied files from Leifang.

For new color, you don't even need the "Character" folder at all, only things in "Material". The "Marie Rose Black hair" mod is closer to what you want to do.

Are you sure you are modding the correct files?

by the way, the new hair don't show up in the list, you have to press the "Back" button (or F key) while you are in the hair that that mod uses (for example, my Marie Rose black hair mod, you have to be in her default hair, press Back/F, and you'll see the color change to Black).