What to do with the Balance Patch!  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Maintaining a separate sub mod just for balancing is very time consuming. While I don't mind doing it, it falls behind as I don't always have time to do a separate balance pass. So, should I...

• Keep it and maintain it when I get time?
    • Absorb it into the main mod and make the main mod a lot more balanced?
    • Stop maintaining it and only focus on the main mod's current balance?

1 hour ago, cruiser221 said:

So apparently, habitat_districts_building_slots_add modifier doesn't apply to the pleasure habitat districts. Since it's annoying for me (I'm running void dwellers) and it's an easy fix, I decided to just add it myself. Copy this to Lustful Void\common\districts if you want it.

lv_shabitat_districts.txt 8.54 kB · 1 download

Thx for this fix!! With the changed to habitats I think my next run will be a Void Dwellers run!

Why do the districts in a sexopolis and pleasure ring cost special resources to build? They require 30 motes or 30 gas. Are you only supposed to be able to build these districts in the mid-game? It's weird because the normal districts that the game makes on a non-sexopolis world don't require any special resources to build. Is there a way to build these sex districts at the beginning of the game that I am missing? It's an almost game breaking mechanic. I am very confused.

Thanks.

Edited by Crime100
I'm sorry, those sex districts require 50 special resources, not 30.
3 hours ago, Crime100 said:

Why do the districts in a sexopolis and pleasure ring cost special resources to build? They require 30 motes or 30 gas. Are you only supposed to be able to build these districts in the mid-game? It's weird because the normal districts that the game makes on a non-sexopolis world don't require any special resources to build. Is there a way to build these sex districts at the beginning of the game that I am missing? It's an almost game breaking mechanic. I am very confused.

Thanks.

By clearing the blockers at the start you'll free up some of those resources. Also, once you've got *any* income of motes/gas/crystals, you can purchase more off the market.

On 9/21/2023 at 10:52 PM, kingslime_nsfw said:

Is it just me or does the stimulator job from the tentacle world origin not exist? The district is just providing 2 housing, and no jobs.

So I think this has to do with outdated files from the 3.8 version of my Citizens Sex Rights mod, still existing on your system. I did a clean install, and the stimulator scientists showed up just fine for the tentacle symbiosis origin. So if this bug was caused by me, then all you gotta do is delete my mod to ensure there aren't any old relics lying around in folders, and then redownload my mod.

27 minutes ago, Schmee said:

By clearing the blockers at the start you'll free up some of those resources. Also, once you've got *any* income of motes/gas/crystals, you can purchase more off the market.

Oh, thanks. I will try that. I'm new to the game so I'm just trying to find my way around.

1 hour ago, Calcifire said:

So I think this has to do with outdated files from the 3.8 version of my Citizens Sex Rights mod, still existing on your system. I did a clean install, and the stimulator scientists showed up just fine for the tentacle symbiosis origin. So if this bug was caused by me, then all you gotta do is delete my mod to ensure there aren't any old relics lying around in folders, and then redownload my mod.

Bless. I think the problem stemmed from my using LV 3.9, and CSR 3.8. Thank you! Didn't notice that CSR got updated, so I just redownloaded it and it worked completely fine.

18 hours ago, Schmee said:

Actually, clearing blockers doesn't work either. None of them will give crystals and motes which is what I need. I tried buying some from the market, but their small addition to my stockpile disappeared so fast due to the negative drain of both of them that it didn't matter. The penalties for having negative drain on these special resources are severe, because some districts actually require them every month. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

14 hours ago, Crime100 said:

Actually, clearing blockers doesn't work either. None of them will give crystals and motes which is what I need. I tried buying some from the market, but their small addition to my stockpile disappeared so fast due to the negative drain of both of them that it didn't matter. The penalties for having negative drain on these special resources are severe, because some districts actually require them every month. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Set up a monthly purchase.

Also, if you're running the sexopolis/pleasure ring origin, there should be a planetary feature that provides a bit of each resource once you've built a district that uses them as upkeep.

If you want to build more than one of those districts, then yes you're going to have to wait until you've got other sources of income for those resources. This is much the same way that regular ring world origin works.

hey, so I noticed that all the lewd loading screens are now... not aviable in the files? 

were they removed? am I looking in the wrong place? 

I'm super bad at navigating the internet, so a screen shot of where I"m suppoused to click would be AWESOME. Or a link to them directly. Since they aren't in the main files (From what I can tell) 

I have a suggestion. Different empires, of the same primary species, and are all invasive breeders shouldn't receive a negative modifier with each another, but rather a positive modifier as they have the same origin goals for their species.

I've been trying to get at least a few rat empires that are all xenophobic, invasive breeders, to work together, but they never do because they all always hate one another due to the vast amounts of negative opinion modifiers totaling at least -500 because they are considered as a different species xenophobic invasive breeders... even if they are all of the same primary species. They just constantly beat one another up, and the only time I've seen them work together is through vassalization than trying to actively work together for their common goal.

The irony is that fanatic purifiers of the same species can often work with one another in defensive pacts and agreements, but once you give them the invasive breeders, they too never ever work together unless one vassalize the other.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:49 AM, hexacron said:

hum, what does the balance patch do?

Modifies some things like base job outputs to make them closer to vanilla jobs, like making dairy cows close to farmers instead of being much higher.

While I'm here, can I ask about the rationale (lore, balance or otherwise) for the authority restrictions for the divine coupling civic?

It bothers me that rare crystals do not have an advanced trait production from pops working sex jobs like volatile motes, exotic gases, and the like. Since there is such a hit to normal production using LV traits the crystal transducer job is practically worthless and is a waste of building slots that could have otherwise been used for something else more efficient. I suggest a new trait to complete the resource production from LV jobs. I was thinking that a species' male's precum could be used to make rare crystals when collected in excess via sexual stimulation and when left to dry it forms a crystal lattice formation. The trait could include something akin to "edging" so as to maximize precum secretions so that males do not blow too quickly, this would also lead to increased sexual stamina of males. Precum is a buffer for the vaginal canal and neutralizes the acidity that is inherent of the canal so that sperm can survive. Therefore, increased secretions of precum would increase sperm survival thus increasing the chance of pregnancy. This may also confer health benefits when consumed, preferably directly from the source. The trait would also increase pop consumer good production for LV jobs since the precum crystal lattice structure makes beautiful baubles and trinkets (imagine a dildo formed from crystallized precum). That's all I could come up with. Hopefully @Lithia<3 can make this a reality as coding is not my specialty.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we PLEASE get some sort of job manager or job prioritization feature for different species? I'm sick of my milk cows taking breeder jobs and my breeders taking milk cow jobs and my main species taking slave/sex jobs. A compatibility patch for New Job Manager [3.9] would be ideal but literally anything to just be able to choose what pop does what jobs or is banned from doing certain jobs would go a long way to relieve a lot of annoyance.

17 hours ago, bu11ru5h said:

Is there a how to video on the full process of how to install? I see i need a UI mod but where do i make the mod folder, do I need a mod manager, and where would I find the file i have to change the code for the gender patch?...... I'm confused.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Mods

There's also at least a dozen Youtube videos I found quickly on it.  Note that how to install mods hasn't changed in a long time (if ever) - a Stellaris 2.3 video (or earlier) on how to install mods is still accurate.

14 minutes ago, mikovic76 said:

I'd like to edit the '"all female synergy" which currently gives a breeder job. I'd like to remove the breeder job, as this doesnt make sense to me unless having the breeder tradition. Does anyone know where that is defined?

Uh, just off the top of my head. Go into "lv_event_mods.txt" and scroll down to the all_female check is inside "lv_event_mods.2". And then try adding in a statement that checks to see if empire has_tradition = "insert whatever the breeder tradition is called here". I'm assuming you know how to mod.

2 hours ago, Calcifire said:

Uh, just off the top of my head. Go into "lv_event_mods.txt" and scroll down to the all_female check is inside "lv_event_mods.2". And then try adding in a statement that checks to see if empire has_tradition = "insert whatever the breeder tradition is called here". I'm assuming you know how to mod.

Thanks for the reply, I did not find the value there, but the reference "lv_all_female_planet_bonus_nh", which is in lv_static_modifiers, where it adds "job_lv_breeder_add = 1". So by simply changing that to zero, it will remove the job, but keep the bonus.