3 hours ago, Reaper121 said:

I remember a while ago there was an event chain that saw your scientists studying primitive societies getting captured and used as "entertainment pets"/labor.  Don't know if that's still here though

As far as traits go, is it normal to have more than 100 subraces during a game of Stellaris if you start with the Intercompatible Womb trait?

In my experience... yes, that's normal. Those traits are designed to make computers cry. I really think there should be (and I have no idea how difficult this would be) some way to set a limit, so it can only create up to X amount of subraces at a time, and can't make any more until one or more of them are gone.

8 hours ago, Draknowin said:

In my experience... yes, that's normal. Those traits are designed to make computers cry. I really think there should be (and I have no idea how difficult this would be) some way to set a limit, so it can only create up to X amount of subraces at a time, and can't make any more until one or more of them are gone.

If I remember correctly the root cause of this is the abundance of 0 cost traits in the mod. They were not common in the base game, and often only due to events unlocking them. With LV they are all enabled by default and the AI tends to go crazy as soon as they unlock gene modding because why not.

7 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

If I remember correctly the root cause of this is the abundance of 0 cost traits in the mod. They were not common in the base game, and often only due to events unlocking them. With LV they are all enabled by default and the AI tends to go crazy as soon as they unlock gene modding because why not.

I.... don't have Gene Tailoring. I've gotten basically no genetic modification techs in this game.  Those subraces are all "naturally" generated, I didn't have anything to do with it beyond being xenophilic and having a welcoming nation for refugees.

Does anyone know the trait id names? I'm trying to add traits via console commands. 

Nevermind I found them! 

Also, I did not know about some of these additional ones! There is so much more to this mod!

Edited by Sybian
23 hours ago, Reaper121 said:

I.... don't have Gene Tailoring. I've gotten basically no genetic modification techs in this game.  Those subraces are all "naturally" generated, I didn't have anything to do with it beyond being xenophilic and having a welcoming nation for refugees.

Any imigration pacts? It's about the AI going crazy with gene tailoring.

2 hours ago, Reaper121 said:

I've made a point of declining them.

Just to clarify I was speaking about why there are so many subspecies in general, not your specific case. There is an option in the LV options menu to disable hybrids that I make a point of doing at the start of every game. Maybe your issue? Also as was previously stated xeno compatibility disabled during game setup. There are a number of other mods that also do things with subspecies but that is just restating the obvious. 

56 minutes ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Just to clarify I was speaking about why there are so many subspecies in general, not your specific case. There is an option in the LV options menu to disable hybrids that I make a point of doing at the start of every game. Maybe your issue? Also as was previously stated xeno compatibility disabled during game setup. There are a number of other mods that also do things with subspecies but that is just restating the obvious. 

Yeah, I love the tentacle world events, but right away I get HUGE numbers of different pops and endless cross over species. I love the aggressive adaptability trait for this, I wonder how we can tweek these issues to make the massive number of pops different? I just invaded a world where there was like 45 different sub-species. Maybe have it so pops are all changed at once? Then at least the ai would be changing a species all at once instead of hundreds of different times? I keep my games small and use my pops to breed everyone into the same thing. Like the Asari do. 

P.s. I tweeked a setting in my mods and lost my ability to adjust jobs. Anyone know off the top what I might have done or a common issue that causes this? For now it makes the game more challenging so it's fine. Just curious. 

Edited by Sybian
On 1/22/2023 at 5:19 PM, Lithia<3 said:

*SNIP*

• With the new primitives dlc coming out, I have a lot of fun ideas I'd like to work on. Butt I'd love to hear your ideas too!

Yes, thinking about the pops issue with all the different kind of sub-species and stuff, Think it would be possible to make a planet weapon that converts the race on the planet to your primary race and makes them loyal to you? Nanite Orgy Virus of some kind. lol. That would be cool. Keep up all the wonderful work!

On 1/28/2023 at 6:33 PM, Sybian said:

Yes, thinking about the pops issue with all the different kind of sub-species and stuff, Think it would be possible to make a planet weapon that converts the race on the planet to your primary race and makes them loyal to you? Nanite Orgy Virus of some kind. lol. That would be cool. Keep up all the wonderful work!

So far they've adapted to every environment other than Tomb World, so I kinda have that aggressive adaptibility going for me anyway.

26 minutes ago, Reaper121 said:

So far they've adapted to every environment other than Tomb World, so I kinda have that aggressive adaptibility going for me anyway.

Right! I wonder if we can get that as a civic or a trait? The more species that pick it up might reduce the different number of pops on a normal playthrough. 

12 hours ago, Sybian said:

Right! I wonder if we can get that as a civic or a trait? The more species that pick it up might reduce the different number of pops on a normal playthrough. 

For traits, you could do an invasive breeders thing, basically outbreeding the competition, incorporating them into their own species, without any sub species stuff. Think of it almost like the Asari from mass effect, they can breed with anyone, but they only ever pop out other Asari. You get the kinda narrative of inter species breeding, without the hybrid nightmare or genocide.

16 hours ago, Sybian said:

Have you tried "Gentle Snu Fever"?

That somethimes casues an event which replaces 2 pops without that trait with a pop which has that trait.

ok, SO... here's my issue :

I just reinstalled stellaris. Legit copy (this time^^).

Got all my mods working after 2 days of work, both from Steam and LL. EXCEPT the sub advisor.

I put the ".mod" and the file in the MOD file, like all the others. And just to be sure, i delete the line "path" inside the ".mod" (I did it with all my other mod, works just fine). Didn't touch the "gfx", localisation and sound files. 

Even the launcher say it's fine ('cept the usual "for older version", but that's not issue). I tried to put it 1st, I tried to put it last, nothing.

So here's my issue : the sub advisor don't appear at all. Help. (Don't hesitate to go full tech, i can take it)

6 hours ago, Tarango said:

ok, SO... here's my issue :

I just reinstalled stellaris. Legit copy (this time^^).

Got all my mods working after 2 days of work, both from Steam and LL. EXCEPT the sub advisor.

I put the ".mod" and the file in the MOD file, like all the others. And just to be sure, i delete the line "path" inside the ".mod" (I did it with all my other mod, works just fine). Didn't touch the "gfx", localisation and sound files. 

Even the launcher say it's fine ('cept the usual "for older version", but that's not issue). I tried to put it 1st, I tried to put it last, nothing.

So here's my issue : the sub advisor don't appear at all. Help. (Don't hesitate to go full tech, i can take it)

i didnt have to edit anything to get the advisor to show up. have you tried just slapping it in there without touching it it?

11 hours ago, indolu said:

i didnt have to edit anything to get the advisor to show up. have you tried just slapping it in there without touching it it?

Gave it a shot. Delete the mod (and the launcher-v2.sqlite file to clean the modlist). Put it at the bottom without touching the files.

... AND IT WORKED!!  I fkin love you mate. :)

Just for if anyone wants to take a crack at fixing this little bit of hilarity or if OP see it, you can currently print consumer goods with sexologists labs. for some reason the decisions to make it create consumer goods still gives plenty of research and turns a handful of consumer goods into roughly 3x-5x the amount spent on upkeep.

13 hours ago, jang0 said:

wondering if my experiences are unique or not but have not had megacorp branch buildings show up. no other mods active. just vanilla buildings. I have the two prostitution civics if that means anything as well.

Are you a megacorp or do you not get branch buildings on your planets?

24 minutes ago, Fakenet said:

Are you a megacorp or do you not get branch buildings on your planets?

Yeah I'm a megacorp ad as best i can tell I can build all the lv buildings on my planets but when i establish a branch office on another civs world its just the vanilla buildings available.