As a hive mind are you supposed to be able to keep sex slaves? Because that's what the nympho civic and the ravage bombardment seems to imply, but there seems to be no option to set them as anything other than livestock or displacement.

Edit: It seems at one time you were supposed to be able to assimilate them, but 3.6 broke assimilation stuff for mods. So it looks like that will need to be fixed. Forgotten Hive Queens has the exact same problem, and Empire of Eeveelutions used to have the same problem until they fixed it.

Edited by rylasasin
7 hours ago, Fakenet said:

Would that be an actual crisis which destroys your fleets and planets or more something akin to a pandemic with events and decisions?

In my mind, mostly the latter but a bit of the former if unchecked. Starts off minor, some events about pops vanishing mysteriously and local authorities not having any clues. Escalates as witnesses spot tentacles abducting citizens, queue planets getting negative modifiers and pops being taken. Then multiple colonies start having problems as the aggressiveness of the tentacles begins to increase across your empire. Possible way to end it off, maybe one colony is completely overtaken and forms the center capital of a hive swarm tentacle crisis empire that expands rapidly (sort of a mix of Great Khan and Prethoryn).

15 hours ago, Schmee said:

In my mind, mostly the latter but a bit of the former if unchecked. Starts off minor, some events about pops vanishing mysteriously and local authorities not having any clues. Escalates as witnesses spot tentacles abducting citizens, queue planets getting negative modifiers and pops being taken. Then multiple colonies start having problems as the aggressiveness of the tentacles begins to increase across your empire. Possible way to end it off, maybe one colony is completely overtaken and forms the center capital of a hive swarm tentacle crisis empire that expands rapidly (sort of a mix of Great Khan and Prethoryn).

I like that idea but there should be an option to head them off before they take over an entire planet of course. Maybe something with the tentacle symbiosis tech.

Or it's something that buffs your pop growth but in turn reduced productivity and you have to keep it in check or it grows out of control.

9 hours ago, Fakenet said:

I like that idea but there should be an option to head them off before they take over an entire planet of course. Maybe something with the tentacle symbiosis tech.

Or it's something that buffs your pop growth but in turn reduced productivity and you have to keep it in check or it grows out of control.

This could even be an alternative to the vanilla "incomplete terraforming" event chain that sometimes pops up on you planets. In this case the tentacles had reached the planets carrying capacity before you arrived. Now with more breedable bodies available their population starts to explode eventually leading to the planet forcibly being terraformed into a tentacle world?

The event could go through stages, adding planetary modifiers based on the choices or using the new situation tracker system. Outcomes could vary from full terraforming of the world; trying to strike a balance; or eradicating the tentacles. If we want this to feel like a crisis then maybe the tentacles escape containment on the planet and these events start happening on neighboring planets requiring major intervention to stop.

Another option or in addition to using the upcoming partitives rework: A planet full of primitive tentacles with aggressively adaptive breeding. If they escape the planet they start to convert your pops to tentacles, possibly becoming the dominant species in your empire. Events could crop us as larger percentages of your empire are converted. Forced ethics shifts, tentacle leaders, maybe even a biological version of the biotrophy's if the tentacles fully take over and start keeping other species as pets.

Edited by Ozvelpoon
spelling and more ideas
14 hours ago, Fakenet said:

Yeah, definitely should be a way to deal with it to reduce the impact, but just like the machine uprising- once you see the signs that things are in motion, you're going to have consequences no matter what you do after that point.

I could see it stopping after, say, 20 years of negative modifiers on several planets until they get calmed down and things get back to normal if you take appropriate measures to intervene. On the flipside, trying to go scorched earth and stop the problems immediately would just accelerate things and cause an immediate revolt (although likely a smaller-scale due to the damage inflicted prior?)

Full-on crisis mode would be if you either ignore the signs and let it take its course, or if you attempt to purge with fire and fail. At least, that's me spitballing.

Edited by Schmee
spelling
8 hours ago, JessicaValirov said:

So.... why is it when I start with a syncretic evolution origin, my secondary species is replaced by sexoid populations completely when starting the game?  I don't recall asking for that to happen.

More details please. What is your First race, what is your second race, who are the Sexoids? What traits do you have? How early does it happen? What traits do the Sexoids have?

So it looks like you're supposed to be able to assimilate species as a nymph/brood/ravenous breeders. But due to the fact that PDX made major changes to the way assimilation works, the option now does nothing, and you basically have to wait till the genetic tree gets unlocked.

The way that Empire of Eeveelutions fixed theirs is instead of changing the default assimilation, they made their own custom version with custom scripts (That are copies of the vanilla one). This might be the only way to truly fix it (not to mention avoid conflicts)

That unfortunately is beyond my skill level.

Edited by rylasasin
12 hours ago, rylasasin said:

So it looks like you're supposed to be able to assimilate species as a nymph/brood/ravenous breeders. But due to the fact that PDX made major changes to the way assimilation works, the option now does nothing, and you basically have to wait till the genetic tree gets unlocked.

The way that Empire of Eeveelutions fixed thiers is instead of changing the default assimilation, they made their own custom version with custom scripts (That are copies). This might be the only way to truely fix it (not to mention avoid conflicts)

That unfortunately is beyond my skill level.

I don't think that issue came up recently, I have never gotten the special CB to work and the special feature also never worked for me.

39 minutes ago, Depressingbro said:

So i dont know if i should ask this but i have an issue with the Downloads

the lewd rooms doesnt show up, neither do the advisors, for some reason

i got the game fully updated an installed everything on the "Mod" folder 

help please

DLC just dropped, I do not think LV is at current version

6 hours ago, Depressingbro said:

So i dont know if i should ask this but i have an issue with the Downloads

the lewd rooms doesnt show up, neither do the advisors, for some reason

i got the game fully updated an installed everything on the "Mod" folder 

help please

Should be updated sometime this week, I always skip playing for a week or two when dlc drops to avoid all the bugs and crashes due to updates. 

On 3/14/2023 at 10:18 AM, Lithia<3 said:

Hey!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll definitely release the update I've been working on this week. It has been ready since last week, but then paradox gave an actual release date for the new dlc, which is today ofc. So I'll just have to look at what changed and what broke, which I'll do during the week as I get some time.

It WILL be this week though so if you plan on playing with lv you might want to wait a few days before starting a "serious" new game! ?

Can't wait ❤️ Stellaris just isn't the same without this mod.

4 minutes ago, Fakenet said:
  Reveal hidden contents

That might also be why the aliens haven't contacted us.

A finger on the monkey's paw curls: Aliens exist, but the ones that are aware of earth's existence are all prudes/are asexual/etc.

Edited by meatstroke
5 hours ago, meatstroke said:

A finger on the monkey's paw curls: Aliens exist, but the ones that are aware of earth's existence are all prudes/are asexual/etc.

IT's not that aliens haven't contacted us, it's that we're too low in tech/unenlightened to understand their tech and culture.

ALso, I'm convince that we have been contacted by aliens, but unfortunately the closest alien settlement is a college and we're the rural areas nearby where their fratboys go to fuck with people and tip cows.

Florp: Dude I was so wasted last night, we got kicked out of Blorp's Pub, and so we were hanging out in Earth, just smokin', ya know.  And on the way back we went to tip this cow, and instead of hitting the pressor beam, I hit the disect button, so instead of tipping, fucker mutilated!

Klorp: Didn't you do that last week too?

Florp: Fuck yeah I did!  

Together: ALPHA SQUIRLK OMICRON FOREVER!!!!

Florp: I am soooo hungover. . .

6 hours ago, meatstroke said:

Woke aliens ? Yeeeeeeew > < better stay on our planet then XD