2 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

The trading value of their activities depends entirely on the development of the real sector of the economy. If there is nothing to eat and nothing to wear in the country, then the cost of the services of a prostitute or a clerk will be 1 banana. And only if the country is rich, then you will pay dearly for their services. Am I supposed to explain this primitive crap?
In this game, you will not be able to implement this due to the limitations of game mechanics that you cannot change.

No, you really don't understand that it's not just money.
Read the game description. They are provided with real energy (that is, actually produced oil, uranium, etc.). That is why it is farmed in areas of energy production. The "trade value" in this game is a primitive attempt by the developers to introduce an imitation of trade and resale, but at the same time not to make a separate mechanic for this, I explain for the retarded (I'm already starting to get annoyed with stupid questions).

I didn't even think that someone could ask such a stupid question.
I repeated several times what can be done by analogy with the existing army. But you obviously didn't have the brains to just plug in the numbers. Okay, here's what I did in half a minute, when I was redoing a lot of different little things in the mod and the main game...

psislut_lv_army = {
    damage = 1.25
    morale_damage = 2.5
    health = 2.5
    morale = 3.5
    collateral_damage = 0.25
    war_exhaustion = 1.0
    time = 120
    icon = GFX_army_type_psionic

resources = {
        category = armies
        cost = {
            minerals = 250
            consumer_goods = 50
        }

upkeep = {
            energy = 2.5
            consumer_goods = 1
        }
    }

prerequisites = { "tech_telepathy", "tech_lv_battle_slut" }

I haven't tested these armies yet because they haven't been in ground combat.  I will do the balance during the game.

Now explain to me why you are so stupid and helpless that you demand this primitive trifle from me all day instead of just imagine the numbers yourself?

Your words have completely become nonsense.  I advise you to re-read your comments and mine.

1) Going by that sexjobs should scale with the economy.

2) You also don't understand that I never said it is money it's energy CREDITS. When you don't have access to the galactic market you are also not buying stuff from nothing you are buying it from your own people. Private property is a thing.

3) Could do without the insults.

4) I could still do without the insults, what I wrote was a perfectly fine sentence. Which part did you not understand?

Your thesis was that the sexjobs create too much unity, more than even spiritualists. Your solution was to increase the unity-prices for edicts.

That would force people to use the better unity source just to keep up since with regular unity production you can't buy as many edicts.

19 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

The problem is that in the modern world, very few people are able to understand the other, looking at him through the distorted prism of his own worldview.

Please get of your high horse, you make no attempt to understand other people.

2 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

No, because the trade value of the game mechanics is converted into energy credits 1 to 1, or 1 to 0.5 +0.25 goods.
So this is the actual "production of energy and goods" from nothing. Stupid mechanics, but it has to be dealt with.
Alternatively, it is possible to change the exchange ratio.

So we produce twice as much trade value for half the conversion rate. GJ.

At least now you can feel like trade value doesn't translate to energy credits, correct?

6 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

No, you really don't understand that it's not just money.
Read the game description. They are provided with real energy (that is, actually produced oil, uranium, etc.). That is why it is farmed in areas of energy production. The "trade value" in this game is a primitive attempt by the developers to introduce an imitation of trade and resale, but at the same time not to make a separate mechanic for this, I explain for the retarded (I'm already starting to get annoyed with stupid questions).

They are trading goods for energy. The energy credits are literal currency in stellaris. The service workers are not creating nuclear power with their genitals, they are selling them for money, which in stellaris is energy credits.

Think of it like buying groceries with batteries instead of dollars. It's the same thing. So you could buy sex with the battery, or you could throw it in your ship's reactor. Similarly, you could buy trade goods from a sales clerk with those batteries. I see no problem with this at all. 

Edited by sila
11 hours ago, Fakenet said:

1) Going by that sexjobs should scale with the economy.

Exactly.   But you can't do that because of the limitations of game mechanics.

2) You also don't understand that I never said it is money it's energy CREDITS. When you don't have access to the galactic market you are also not buying stuff from nothing you are buying it from your own people. Private property is a thing.

a) I have already said that this is the equivalent of actually produced energy resources. Not like money that can be printed without backing it with a real commodity, causing inflation. Here, the analogy with metal coins is more suitable - bronze, silver, gold. Your wealth directly depends on the physical presence of coins in your chest. Is it clear now? No metal - no new coins, no uranium - no energy credits.
b) If you could buy directly from your people (that is, they have resources) - then there could not be a shortage of resources in the country when they are exhausted in your state warehouses.)) The factory itself would buy resources from people.
Ability to buy resources without a galactic market - made so that an inept / inexperienced player would not kill his economy and stop playing. It's just helping a young player out of which you're drawing wide misconceptions.

3) Could do without the insults.

You never said why you need it, and why you yourself did not calculate the numbers by analogy.  Because there is no problem at all.

Yes, I'm a little short-tempered.  

4) I could still do without the insults, what I wrote was a perfectly fine sentence. Which part did you not understand?

Your thesis was that the sexjobs create too much unity, more than even spiritualists. Your solution was to increase the unity-prices for edicts.

That would force people to use the better unity source just to keep up since with regular unity production you can't buy as many edicts.

You should have made the point clear at once, and not written in riddles.
And I would immediately answer that you are wrong.
I don't know what difficulty levels you play on. Perhaps on easy difficulty you have so many of all the resources that you have the opportunity to build up the entire planet with brothels, and have an extra lot of unity without building other buildings. (By the way, the mod allows this, because prostitution is extremely profitable here). But I'm playing on hard difficulty and I've drastically reduced prostitute profits in my rebalance. Therefore, I do not build up planets with brothels alone, and even often build purely resource-processing orbital stations, where there are only comfort centers and medicine (which also added the parameter increase in labor efficiency, because it is logical and realistic - a healthy person works better) for the happy life of my workers, And a maximum of 1 brothel, but often there is none at all.
Unity is just one of the resources that cannot be produced at the expense of other vital resources. This is how I see a good game balance - when there is no overabundance and imbal imbalance (which will force the player to go the only easiest way), and you are always making decisions which way to go, what to build and what to produce. And you constantly adjust the process based on the ever-changing environment.
Will I be able to complete a good rebalance? Probably not. As usual, I will play and abandon the game for a long time. But I have already made some changes for myself that make my personal game more interesting than the original unbalanced mod.

Therefore, I repeat - no, you're wrong. The increase in edict cost is needed to compensate for the increased unity income. I tried the x10 price, but maybe it's too expensive, and today I'll put x5.  I will look. This needs to be evaluated experimentally.

12 hours ago, Fakenet said:

At least now you can feel like trade value doesn't translate to energy credits, correct?

Perhaps I do not understand some subtleties of the English language, but I clearly said above that the trade value is directly translated into energy credits. What are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Grey Knight said:

Perhaps I do not understand some subtleties of the English language, but I clearly said above that the trade value is directly translated into energy credits. What are you talking about?

16 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Alternatively, it is possible to change the exchange ratio.

1 hour ago, Grey Knight said:

I already understood that you are mentally retarded, and are not able to understand a detailed explanation.
The most simple explanation for idiots - you will not build many brothels because you will be left without other resources. And you won't be able to buy on the galactic market in large quantities, because with the "support of prostitution" you will not have much money, and with the "sex industry" there will be no unity.

I won't answer you anymore, I'm tired of this nonsense.

And how do you reject my original question?

The one about sexjobs providing more unity than regular jobs and hence forcing people to use sexjobs? You consistently forget what this was about and avoid the question.

I, despite beeing retarded, understand that you are bad at making your point and are also bad at accepting beeing wrong.

From what I understand you have modded your game so tha sexjobs are worse but still better than vanilla unity jobs so now you want everyone to suffer higher unity costs.

Naturally you don't want to argue your point anymore, you are running out of arguments. You have increasingly replaced arguments with insults.

Instead of a productive discussion you just want people to do what you say. Fuck everyone else, they are supposed to develop the mod for you, for your wants.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:50 AM, Grey Knight said:

A real economy (based on production) can exist without a service sector. The service sector without real production - no. Therefore, the basis is production, and services are a pleasant but optional condition that cannot exist independently.

I would argue in general terms that production depends on service just as much as service depends on production. Transportation, marketing, direct to consumer sales, and all the workers (clerks) that facilitate communication between these groups are all services. While it is fair to argue that some service workers are less critical than others, the same can be said for production. Regardless it all adds to the flow of money through a population, aka economy.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:29 AM, Fakenet said:

The one about sexjobs providing more unity than regular jobs and hence forcing people to use sexjobs? You consistently forget what this was about and avoid the question.

I, despite beeing retarded, understand that you are bad at making your point and are also bad at accepting beeing wrong.

From what I understand you have modded your game so tha sexjobs are worse but still better than vanilla unity jobs so now you want everyone to suffer higher unity costs.

Naturally you don't want to argue your point anymore, you are running out of arguments. You have increasingly replaced arguments with insults.

Instead of a productive discussion you just want people to do what you say. Fuck everyone else, they are supposed to develop the mod for you, for your wants.

He never had any arguments to begin with.  He's just a troll attacking people to justify his own self-esteem.  Leave him be.

I will say that I think sex jobs are way too efficient per building slot right now because of the fact that they scale with planet population when upgraded. I understand a desire to make them diverse from the base game counterparts but, right now, there's little reason to not spam sex jobs whenever possible for how potent they truly are.

On 11/27/2022 at 7:29 PM, Fakenet said:

If you don’t understand the obvious, and at the same time complain to the administration about my comments so that they are deleted, after which you pretend that my answer was not there - then what can I talk about with you?
At the same time, you are not able to understand a long text, but you take a couple of words, ignoring others, and at the same time you also invent what I did not say.  )))

At the same time, you also started lying (just for example, about the fact that I want someone to make a mod for me).
I see no point in dealing with people like you.

4 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

If you don’t understand the obvious, and at the same time complain to the administration about my comments so that they are deleted, after which you pretend that my answer was not there - then what can I talk about with you?
At the same time, you are not able to understand a long text, but you take a couple of words, ignoring others, and at the same time you also invent what I did not say.  )))

At the same time, you also started lying (just for example, about the fact that I want someone to make a mod for me).
I see no point in dealing with people like you.

It's not my responsibility to keep your insults on this website.

I also assumed we were done after you said you wouldn't try to piece together any semblance of an argument anymore.

You are more than welcome to not engage with me. Nothing of value comes from engaging with you and your hostile attitude.

Edited by Fakenet
19 hours ago, SchwhatNow said:

I will say that I think sex jobs are way too efficient per building slot right now because of the fact that they scale with planet population when upgraded. I understand a desire to make them diverse from the base game counterparts but, right now, there's little reason to not spam sex jobs whenever possible for how potent they truly are.

True, true.  And on top of that, the amount of Pop Growth+ that LV offers (either tentacle world, or the building that comes from the Tradition) means you will have a LOT of pop.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:30 AM, Lithia<3 said:

Hey!

Just wanted to let those wondering know that I will be resuming work on lv soon and plan on getting a new version out by the 15th of next month! (give or take). Also, depending on how much 3.6 affected the integrity of the mod, I will post a hotfix within the next week; otherwise, it will be part of the coming update.

I have also been taking notes of the bugs and things that were reported while I was busy with exams, so even if I didn't respond directly, it's probably on the fix list!

I've successfully installed the 3.5 version of the main mod, but when I attempt to install the 3.6 version in the same way after removing the 3.5 version, Stellaris gives me an error message saying that the file path is invalid.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  Any suggested fixes?

Aha.  As part of the new Orion update and the change in the Genetics Ascension path, Paradox has changed

species_possible_remove = {
        can_remove_beneficial_traits = yes
    }

into

species_possible_remove = {
        can_remove_beneficial_genetic_traits = yes
    }

which makes it quite impossible to remove the beneficial traits from mods.  It's a fairly quick fix of opening the trait files and pasting a _genetic into each trait, thankfully.

(And I apologize for not just posting the files with the fix; unfortunately, I've tweaked a little more than just that with some of the traits, and I don't remember all of the things I would need to untweak to bring them back to base LV.)

12 minutes ago, skinkfem said:

3,6 seems to have removed the tentacle blocker. It could just be me getting shitty rng but i doubt it. they were pretty common in 3,5 after all. secondary confirmation desired.

Can confirm I encountered a tentacle blocker on a random world in a new game this morning.  (Also started with the tentacle blocker on a tentacle world origin, just to see; but that's a less compelling argument when it's guaranteed.)

7 hours ago, darkroy131 said:

Do hybrids no longer get psionic traits? I've been trying for awhile now but no luck. I'm on 3.5.3.

They should, or at least it's working in my current game, but the default chance for it is 1% when a hybrid pop is generated.  With poor luck, you could go a very long time without seeing one.

9 hours ago, darkroy131 said:

Do hybrids no longer get psionic traits? I've been trying for awhile now but no luck. I'm on 3.5.3.

It's all down to chance.  One game, I didn't get a perfect hybrid before I'd conquered or subjugated everything save the fallen empires; another, I had a perfect hybrid in 2201.

That said, if you want to up your odds a little bit, you can dive into the mod at (Lustful Void > events > lv_hybrids.txt) and scroll down to line 352.  The random list is set at 80% chance you get a pop with random traits; 19% chance you get a pop with 2 extra trait points and a new portrait; and 1% chance of getting the perfect hybrid.  If 1% isn't working for you, you could double your chances by making it 80/18/2.

I've only read the last couple of pages but I think it's kind of funny that there's so much concern over the balance of sex jobs and how much unity they produce, when really, the "breeding" tradition by itself pretty much blows vanilla game balance into such tiny pieces that you might as well throw up your hands and put the AI on grand admiral and crank up the crisis to deal with it, if you're going to use it at all.

Personally I've been considering making direct tweaks (if I can figure which values to change) to balance it a little bit. I feel like all popgrowth bonuses from breeding facilities, and the breeding tradition need to be cut in half, and the popgrowth bonuses from breeding decisions once the tree is completed need to be cut by -75%, to make it sensible. That would also make the bonus from illegalizing prostitution more worthwhile, whereas now you can just compensate with breeding facilities and decisions.

Plus it's too immersion breaking even for a silly tongue-in-cheek mod like LV. I get that traditions and decisions can be abstracted to represent decades-long plans coming to fruition rather than some new scheme your empire just started in on but, c'mon... 

4 hours ago, seasalt said:

I've only read the last couple of pages but I think it's kind of funny that there's so much concern over the balance of sex jobs and how much unity they produce, when really, the "breeding" tradition by itself pretty much blows vanilla game balance into such tiny pieces that you might as well throw up your hands and put the AI on grand admiral and crank up the crisis to deal with it, if you're going to use it at all.

Personally I've been considering making direct tweaks (if I can figure which values to change) to balance it a little bit. I feel like all popgrowth bonuses from breeding facilities, and the breeding tradition need to be cut in half, and the popgrowth bonuses from breeding decisions once the tree is completed need to be cut by -75%, to make it sensible. That would also make the bonus from illegalizing prostitution more worthwhile, whereas now you can just compensate with breeding facilities and decisions.

Plus it's too immersion breaking even for a silly tongue-in-cheek mod like LV. I get that traditions and decisions can be abstracted to represent decades-long plans coming to fruition rather than some new scheme your empire just started in on but, c'mon... 

No I agree with you on all points. The buildings are a little more...well I suppose I should say that I desire to actually use the LV buildings more so that's where my focus is on balancing. The tradition is also very overpowered as well as the breeding superiority ascension perk (it's just flat better than Imperial Prerogative and can stack together to give you no empire size from planets) but that's easier to ignore during casual gameplay.

If I was to be completely honest I'd prefer that all the tangible effects from the mod be toned down to align better with the base gameplay but I can understand that, from a solo modder who's just doing this for fun, it's better to work on small changes here and there rather than full overhauls. Especially when I enjoy the mod overall for roleplaying and theme.