Great mod and I love all that it adds to the game. However, I've recently run into an annoying situation.

I recently integrated a large vassal empire and gained many new colonies. Since then, every few years the game hangs up as it processes 10-20 "Dom/Sub" and "BDSM" planet events for the pops on these worlds.

Would it be possible to use the "mean_time_to_happen" event trigger in place of a set 5 or 10 year cycle, to try to prevent having the events all trigger at once?

16 hours ago, TheCaptn said:

I had that too... The new launcher worked once, and then never again. 64 bit system, no AV quarantine or anything.

I 'fixed' it temporarily in Steam by downgrading the game (Properties > Betas > Select "2.3.3 - Wolfe" from the list).

I'll try the new launcher again when I'm done with my current game.

I asked on the Paradox Forums and this is the solution that works for me.

- uninstall Stellaris from Steam
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris
- Documents/Paradox/Stellaris (keep any valued save games, of course)
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/

Reboot.

Now run Steam as the Windows Admin user. then install Stellaris again and see how that goes please!

17 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Question for the community; the event that says "Our policy of neutering the X people has come with some unintended but very desirable consequences... Many of the X people have had intercourse with and offered to bear their children" results in the death of a xeno pop and replaces it with one of your main branch. Is this a Brood Swarm civic specific event or relate to something else? I ask because I am looking for a way to create another version where I keep the xenos around rather than kill them off. The event triggers rather aggressively so keeping multiple xeno species around is rather difficult.

So I believe that event is actually controlled by whether or not you have population controls enabled for that (the X) species, if not solely that then possibly that and having a primary species of brood parasites. I don't play hiveminds, though I do play a species of female brood parasites, and that event only seems to kill off the species I have set to "not allowed to reproduce".

What I really find funny is that half the time the replacement pop is listed as one of my three full-citizenship robotic species that are part of my empire rather than my main organic species. 

2 hours ago, grosaprap said:

So I believe that event is actually controlled by whether or not you have population controls enabled for that (the X) species, if not solely that then possibly that and having a primary species of brood parasites. I don't play hiveminds, though I do play a species of female brood parasites, and that event only seems to kill off the species I have set to "not allowed to reproduce".

What I really find funny is that half the time the replacement pop is listed as one of my three full-citizenship robotic species that are part of my empire rather than my main organic species. 

So you were partially right grosaprap, citizenship needs to be set to assimilation (which I had) BUT if you do not do it for every sub species then pops get excluded and default to slavery (at which point they get raped to death).

So now we know.

10 hours ago, jjnoc5 said:

I asked on the Paradox Forums and this is the solution that works for me.

Thanks! I appreciate the effort, but I'm on a monthly download cap so I'm not going to reinstall an 8gb game when I can just do a 5mb downgrade and continue playing my current campaign... Hopefully it'll help someone else though. :)

7 hours ago, Bloodly said:

Is 'Lustful Void-Blue Edits' still a valid mod?  Or was it incorporated into the main?

Divine Love civic is allowed for Dictatorial and Oligarchic.  Not Imperial.  Hmm.

It was not incorporated, and I believe the two are no longer properly compatible (could be wrong though)

What I did was gut most of the Blue edits version leaving in just the Archaeology project as that was the most notable thing about it.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:49 AM, Nikten said:

It seams to be more like if you have hivemind since I get it a lot as well and I got nymphic host instead of brood swarm. And I agree with you, I wish there was a way to not have that happen as much. I've been looking for the event but I can't seam to find to so I can edit it. Then again, I haven't looked all that hard.

I think its an issue with the assimilation mechanics. I had it happen too, and I noticed that after the species got assimilated Population Controls were automatically set on them. Turn it off and the events should stop.

i am apologies, but can i disable this replacing population event for species, who "not allowed to reproduce"? Its REALLY annoying in any way, and it makes abductions almost useless. If i need to kill some species, can just purge them. But i just want to keep their population at the same level.

Anyway, thank you again for this mod:)

54 minutes ago, Spenser said:

i am apologies, but can i disable this replacing population event for species, who "not allowed to reproduce"? Its REALLY annoying in any way, and it makes abductions almost useless. If i need to kill some species, can just purge them. But i just want to keep their population at the same level.

Anyway, thank you again for this mod:)

Yeah, I second that. It's too op. I mean, all you need is having their population held in population control, and suddenly they are gone ._. It's not population control is about, I believe. I also had some super weird bug with synths where my dominant species sorta outbreed their ROBOTIC SERVANTS to eventual extinction, but it could have been caused by a combination of mods (unless it's actually from this mod alone), 

7 minutes ago, Kabby said:

Is there a Russian translation? If there is, give it to me

sorry for the offtopic, this sounds too much like some russian super-villain line that i have to comment, good luck finding a translation.

Also, you will probably have more luck asking in the discord here

6 hours ago, Bloodly said:

Copy this line into the mod's 00_species_archetypes file.

LITHOID = {
    inherit_trait_points_from = BIOLOGICAL
}

1 hour ago, Embarec said:

It seems to sorta-work, but also removes the lithoid racial traits... at least you can play with their pictures that way though.

That's because the edit is incomplete. What you really should be adding to the 00_species_archives file is this:

LITHOID = {
inherit_trait_points_from = BIOLOGICAL
inherit_traits_from = { BIOLOGICAL LITHOID }
}

That will give you the Lithoid traits in addition to the Biological ones.