FROM THE DEEPS (for SSE)

View File

FROM THE DEEPS (REDONE) : A Lovecraftian adventure for Skyrim.

Want to support me? Visit my Patreon ! https://www.patreon.com/Delzaron

A big thanks to Roselove and Pffify, who made that conversion !

The mod is a conversion of From The deeps sor vanilla skyrim.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1792-from-the-deeps/

The first point

• A lovecraft like story, with a large Inquiry part, and two way to finish it : joining the cult, or destroying it.
  • A way lead to player enslavement (simple slavery connected !), the other to freaky scenes.
  • English written mod, but Mixbutterdog made a patch in japanese !
  • Female players designed mod, but version 2.3 discrimine player sex, and FTD is now playable with male characters.

Dependendies :

• SexLab
  • Dragonborn
  • ZAZ

Soft requirement :

• XPMS skeleton (for the sex scene with parasite armor).
  • More Nasty critters (sex scene with Lurkers and seekers)
  • Simple Slavery (for player sell as slave)
  • TID (player can be sold to TID slavers if TID was not beginned)

Incompatible :

• Maria Eden (some dialogues line of that mods overcome FTD ones).

Collaborations :

• Pepertje (co author, dialogues fixer, screenshots) and Japanese version.
  • Aqqh for script trick and collaboration.
  • Alpha and Beta testers for their time, advices and critics.
  • Xluxlu for music.
  • Mixbutterdog for scripts, fixes, and Japanese version
  •   for the Radiant cultist quest Patch !

Permissions :

• Use the mod assets as you want.
  • You're not allowed to upload that mod in other places than LL or Nexus, whitout the authors permission.

Credits :

Current release : 2.6 (2.52 still available, with the japanese version, thanks to MixButterdog)

Mod description (Thanks to Long John) :
A series of disappearances of women from Solitude and across Haafingar. All the while there is a strange fog which never lifts the North Coast. To begin with it was just the peasant women who disappeared. Now however a noble woman has disappeared her family has applied political pressure to the Jarl and her court. This pressure has resulted in the launch of an investigation into the disappearances. As part of the investigation the Dragonborn is called in.... to enquiring in the Skyrim most isolated city : Insmouth.

Will you be able to find the reason for the disappearances, or become the next victim?

Play the adventure to find out...

Or, in video (thanks to Shinjy72) :

How to enter into Insmouth ?
Talk to Knyva, the gate keeper, and pay 200 gold.

- Part 1 : Enquiry.

• aFTD0Starter : dialogues for Innkeepers about the disapearances near Solitude. Done.
  • aFTD1Begin : Hired by the blue palace stewart (Falk Firebeard), you will be send to Insmouth, a city on the North Coast, in Pale Hold. Find Zadok Allenith and Susana. Done.
  • aFTD1Enquiry ; Made an enquiry in Insmouth, and try to discover the truth. Done.
  • aFTD1Infiltration ; Infiltrate the temple. Done.

- Part 2 : Facing the truth.

• aFTD2Ceremony : Assist to the strangiest ceremony you ever seen... Done.
  • aFTD2Dream : Your mind submerged by the voices of the Deeps, made the strangiest dream you ever made. Done.
  • aFTD2End : Understand all the awful truth. Meet Mankara... and made your choice.Done.

- Part 3 : Serving the plan.

• aFTD3Begin : Rally the cult, made your oaths, and proove your value. Done.
  • aFTD3Corruption : Serve the cult and corrupt some Solitude and DawnStar officials. Done.
  • aFTD3Insmouth : Enslave Susana, and find some imperial and thalmors spies... the last one is needed for the ceremony.Done. Available in FTDredone 0.4.
  • aFTD3LordDeeps : The final quest of the cult path. Done.

- part 4 : Alone in the dark.

Dont rally the cult, be punished, and come back for your vengeance !

• aFTD4Begin : be a slave, and be sold. Done.
  • aFTD4End2 : Take your revenge on the cult of the Lord of the Deeps. Done.

- side and radiant quests :

• aFTDDialogues . just for a little immersion. Hostel owner, and gate keeper. a Dialogue for Lurka (opening cell gates).
  • AFTDWhoreDialogues : Insmouth is a harbor. Harbor means prostitutes.
  • aFTDInsmouthControler : Manage the cult progresson in Insmouth : objects, NPC.

Locations :

• Insmouth : a city on the North Coast, not far from Dawnstar (Made by using Solitude buildings, and the harbor part of the city of Trade mod, but with modifications). Done.
  • Insmouth interiors : interiors cells for Insmouth. Houses, store, stock, Inn, hostel... Done.
  • Temple of the Deeps : The temple of the cult. Connected to lot of parts of Insmouth. Done.
  • Ryelh : A very litle part of the city of Ryelh, in Apocrypha. Where the slaves breeds more Deeps inhabitants. Need to be redone. Done.

Factions :

• Dagon : Lurkers, seekers, Deeps inhabitants (Raelek, Mankara, Khrushu, Harshulku...). I will try to made a special race for them...
  • Cultists : some Insmouth NPC.
  • Dagon Slave : Slaves used by cultists or for breeding.
  • Slave : enslaved NPC, restrained and ready to sell.
  • Whore : Insmouth prostitutes.
  • Susana friends : the Investiguator faction... you and Susana the whore.

Permissions :
You're allowed to use this mod code as you want. You're not allowed to upload this mod on another platform. Assets belongs to their original authors.

Ressources and other mods used :
- Comvex Hermaus Mora Armor : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58062/?
- DixiePig for the tentacle armor.
- PS1 games Doom I and Nightmare creatures I for musics.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/31/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    sexlab, dragonborn, zaz
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

Please export Things in the Dark to SSE.  It's even better than From the Deeps and ranks as one of my all time favorites. 

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

Please export Things in the Dark to SSE.  It's even better than From the Deeps and ranks as one of my all time favorites. 

Delzaron did not port From The Deeps to SSE.

Contact user @Grummkol, he's the one who made the conversion.

On 4/1/2019 at 3:26 AM, Fasterflight225 said:

Delzaron did not port From The Deeps to SSE.

Contact user @Grummkol, he's the one who made the conversion.

Not my conversion.  I sent a message to @Delzaron via patreon and forum post  + pm if  he wanted my conversion of it to SSE, looks like roselove and pfiffy were already on it.

Looking at the esp the conversion is based off of the 2.6 esp, rather than the updated one that fasterflight posted in the original thread in January, so it doesn't contain the ceremony fixes and you'll need to setstage to  continue the quest.

1 hour ago, methven69 said:

This is bugged the NPC stinky fiana going near this npc makes game crash.

Missing facegen meshes.  CK2 doesn't like some vampire faces that worked fine in oldrim so doesn't export them or you get grey/black face.  It took me about a (very frustrating) week to work that one out :/

Looking more at this conversion and the included ESP, theres a deleted default navmesh that needs to be fixed and quite a few missing textures/meshes which will lead to CTD's or black/purple objects, along with the missing ceremony/package fixes that @Fasterflight225 implemented back in Jan.

Try the attached file instead and see if my conversion works better for  you?.   I built the custom armors to UNPB though, so you'll get weird hip/neck seams if you're running CBBE as your default body and wear them.

Changelog further to the one in the original post.

Spoiler
  • Based off of @Delzaron's From The Deeps 2.6 and @Fasterflight225's  patched ESP
  • Removed unnecessary files (*.tga)
  • Nifoptimizer run on meshes.
  • Re-exported faces with high res facetints (weatherly) (1024x1024).
  • Compressed dds files to  to BC1/BC4/BC7 as appropriate.
  • Changed Fiana from Vampire to Breton due to bug in CK with regards to vampire face exports (brown face).
  • Added missing textures (from Namira’s goat) that were referenced and updated mesh for torturerack in the temple to point to a valid facetexture.
  • Updated armor mod3 female mesh paths from _0 to _1 for weighting and future bodyslides.
  • Built included custom armors  using a modified version of C5Kevs existing Tentacle parasite and Hermaeus Mora Priestess Bodyslides to UNPB bodyshape. 
  • Updated waterflow data for SSE.
  • Moved script sources to new  directory.
  • Fixed deleted default navmesh.
  • ESP is in form 44.

ZaFromTheDeepsV2 - Final SSE (Grummkol).7z

5 hours ago, Grummkol said:

Missing facegen meshes.  CK2 doesn't like some vampire faces so doesn't export them or you get grey/black face.

Looking more at this conversion and ESP theres a deleted default navmesh that needs to be fixed and quite a few missing textures/meshes which will lead to CTD's or black/purple objects.

Try the attached file instead and see if that conversion works better for  you?.   I built the custom armors to UNPB though, so you'll get weird hip/neck seams if you're running CBBE as your default body and wear them.

Changelog

Reveal hidden contents
  • Based off of Delzarons From The Deeps 2.6 and Fasterflights patched ESP
  • Removed unnecessary files (*.tga)
  • Nifoptimizer run on meshes.
  • Re-exported faces with high res facetints (weatherly) (1024x1024).
  • Compressed dds files to  to BC1/BC4/BC7 as appropriate.
  • Changed Fiana from Vampire to Breton due to bug in CK with regards to vampire face exports (brown face).
  • Added missing textures (from Namira’s goat) that were referenced and updated mesh for torturerack in the temple to point to a valid facetexture.
  • Updated armor mod3 female mesh paths from _0 to _1 for weighting and future bodyslides.
  • Built included custom armors  using a modified version of C5Kevs existing Tentacle parasite and Hermaeus Mora Priestess Bodyslides to UNPB bodyshape. 
  • Updated waterflow data for SSE.
  • Moved script sources to new  directory.
  • Fixed deleted default navmesh.
  • ESP is in form 44.

ZaFromTheDeepsV2 - Final SSE (Grummkol).7z 68.14 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you for quick reply will try now !

Sorted thanks !

I remember when I played this quest-mod a year ago back in oldrim. An excellent idea, but quite buggy. Do we still need to advance the quest stages via the console or did someone fixed them?

12 hours ago, J the Hog said:

I remember when I played this quest-mod a year ago back in oldrim. An excellent idea, but quite buggy. Do we still need to advance the quest stages via the console or did someone fixed them?

@Fasterflight225 released an updated ESP that corrected the major problems around the quests back in Jan for oldrim (dude is completely awesome).  Posted conversion by roselove looks to be based off of the original 2.6 ESP so you would need to use setstage to advance and complete the quests. 

The alternate conversion  I posted in this thread is one I made based off of the updated ESP with some additional fixes so you should not need to use setstage to advance the quest. 

The only real issue I encountered in multiple play throughs was having to occasionly use the wait command to get npc's to trigger the next stage of the quest (or show up in the case of Fiana, Maeve and Erikur during the corruption quest line).  That could have been due to all the other mods I had running at the time though (scent of sex, sexlab aroused, etc).  I could have turned them off, but it wouldn't have been quite as FUN ;)

10 hours ago, Spiritwolfgaming said:

How does the simple slavery connection work? 

If you choose not to join the cult after you get captured (revenge path), you get sold, so end up at riften on the block.   Obviously if you have no other mods that simple slavery can sell you too, you'll just walk out the door.   Can't remember what happens if there's no simple slavery though, I think you "escape" the cart outside riften.

12 hours ago, Grummkol said:

@Fasterflight225 released an updated ESP that corrected the major problems around the quests back in Jan for oldrim (dude is completely awesome).

...Please stop telling people I fixed the Ritual. It's technically true, but was never intentional and counter-intuitive.

My build of aFTD 2.6, which is the build I constructed the Package Fix mod atop, was downloaded a mere two days before a 2.6 hotfix was released, so my build (and, by extension, my Ritual Patch) is technically out of date.

The kicker? All that hotfix is stated to do was add MY OWN Radiant Cultist fix, which replaces a single script with a nearly-identical one, said script not interacting with the Ritual in any way, shape, or form.

...Hooray for me using a heavily-modified 2.5 build in my install, thus leaving me unaware of the hotfix until it was too late, I guess?

1 hour ago, Fasterflight225 said:

...Please stop telling people I fixed the Ritual. It's technically true, but was never intentional and counter-intuitive.

My build of aFTD 2.6, which is the build I constructed the Package Fix mod atop, was downloaded a mere two days before a 2.6 hotfix was released, so my build (and, by extension, my Ritual Patch) is technically out of date.

The kicker? All that hotfix is stated to do was add MY OWN Radiant Cultist fix, which replaces a single script with a nearly-identical one, said script not interacting with the Ritual in any way, shape, or form.

...Hooray for me using a heavily-modified 2.5 build in my install, thus leaving me unaware of the hotfix until it was too late, I guess?

I never got the radiant cultist quest (if thats the one where you can sell followers/slaves to be sacrificed in Rlyeh hall after completing the cultist quest?) to trigger properly in either the original 2.52, or 2.6, with or without the script hotfix, nor the updated ESP (based off of 2.6) that you posted,   I'd bring followers to them, I'd get the dialogue, then nothing would happen so assumed that was something that hadn't been completed yet?  Or  was it something else?  Thinking about it the follower I was using could have been set to essential at the time so that might have borked it.

If as you say it was unintentional to fix the ritual part, I'm still very happy that you did..  In all the other versions I'd converted you had to setstage to advance the quest to progress and mankara kept running off.  So thank you (even if it was unintentional!) :)

3 hours ago, J the Hog said:

Ok now I'm completely confused. Which ESP works, the edited 2.5 or the 2.6?

People have been having issues with the latest Oldrim edition of aFTD, where the Ritual at the end of the Corruption quest fails to trigger and must be fixed with SetStage.

Any 2.5 edition has not had reported problems, and I made an edited 2.6 ESP based on an outdated 2.6 build that also does not have the bug, much to my own surprise at the time.

It's this edited version that was used for the SSE port, so the error shouldn't appear here.

So, it's just the latest Oldrim 2.6 build that people have reported issues with, any 2.5 build or my 2.6 Package Fix build should not have issues.

3 hours ago, Grummkol said:

If as you say it was unintentional to fix the ritual part, I'm still very happy that you did..  In all the other versions I'd converted you had to setstage to advance the quest to progress and mankara kept running off.  So thank you (even if it was unintentional!) :)

Some are born great, some have greatness thrust upon them, and some trip over greatness by accident and say "Ow."

3 hours ago, Grummkol said:

I never got the radiant cultist quest (if thats the one where you can sell followers/slaves to be sacrificed in Rlyeh hall after completing the cultist quest?) to trigger properly in either the original 2.52, or 2.6, with or without the script hotfix, nor the updated ESP (based off of 2.6) that you posted,   I'd bring followers to them, I'd get the dialogue, then nothing would happen so assumed that was something that hadn't been completed yet?  Or  was it something else?  Thinking about it the follower I was using could have been set to essential at the time so that might have borked it.

No, no, that's the other half of the Radiant Cultist quest, the one I didn't touch.

You're right, it has a bug where the kill-triggers don't really work properly, but that's not what my fix did because I've only gone out of my way to fix sections I personally play. like the Dream scene.

My fix concerns talking to Mankara and being sent to Ryelh to breed more creatures, basically replaying said Dream sequence only with much, much less going on.

In vanilla, when you touched the FuroTub after breeding the Seeker, you'd be instantly teleported onto the altar back in the temple. You'd then have to run all the way back to Ryelh to complete the mission by touching the birthing pool trigger... Which would also teleport you back to the temple again.

It took me several hours of screaming and cursing Bethesda to figure out how, but I took the script governing the quest and deleted the two teleport triggers. On the plus side, you can now do the quest as intended. On the other hand, you also aren't teleported back out at the end, so if you do this before the Ritual... Then there's no way out of Ryelh beyond COC aFTDTempleDeeps... I think that's what the Cell is called?

20 hours ago, notfriendsftw said:

lurker is fucked up and crashing my game, any ideas for a fix or will i have to wait till someone gets around to fixing it 

Which one ?

Just one specific, or all of them ?

It's if all of them, there is nothing I can do...

2 hours ago, Delzaron said:

Which one ?

Just one specific, or all of them ?

It's if all of them, there is nothing I can do...

all :( , they slide along, i got to the part where u get teleported to a different realm and they just slide along and when a scene is initiated it crashes my game

11 hours ago, Delzaron said:

We need a fix for the lurker animations in SSE ?

If you are using HDT-SMP in SSE then yes you will need to use that fix for lurkers otherwise they just t-pose.