how will this effect loverslab?

Cock Sucker

your voting will have little to no effect,governments are run by companies and they want your money,remember Net Neutrality ? still passed, might take a few years to come into effect,and be region specific ( i have no doubt it'll spread ) but people have been wanting to turn the internet into a shopping mall for some time now....Mark Fuckerberg I'm looking at you

Time to set up TOR as a browser and get a decent VPN

7 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

i hope brexit will terminate the eu as a whole.. But this is not something we could have ever pervented those scumbag has elected themself and no citizen can even vote who goes into the parlement of EU. That is no not even called a democracy.

7 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

The reason why less and less people vote is because they lost all respect for politcs they whenever there is a election they start making sort of all promises and once its over they do nothing. so why even vote anymore ? i hope oneday no one votes i wonder what will happen if the entire population just remained at home can politics still exist ?

The day you stop voting, resigning and caring about politics is the day lobbying and companies take over completely. The only thing that keeps politicians away from giving in completely to lobbying is the wrath and the voice of the public.

Not voting is not the solution.

And yes, you do vote directly who goes to the EU-parlament. May 25th are elections. Not sure if your country will still be part of the EU, but if so you have to vote.

And yes the EU is a bureaucratic monster, but we're still better of with it then without it. Remember where Europe is coming from and why the EU was founded. World War 1 ended 100 years ago, World War 2 75 years ago.

It's better to fight a bureaucratic monster then each other.
Don't take that for granted, remember where Europe is coming from and why the EU was founded in the first place.

Target is here to have a new mechanic "pro" music-industry and specially GEMA, which want to participate much more at the income of the raising power of american internet majors. (the results will not affect only the EU)

The private users are really interesting nobody. Censorship-robots will work more intensive into the pockets of the existing business. "Kapitalozän" is more ruling than ever before.

The end of the 90´th were the best years in the world wide web. In between it´s (the "wowiwe") , it´s only supposed to work as $$$-machine with another virtual-continent electrical-engine-consumption ( that makes the energy-consumption for about 25 atomic-power-stations for the moment). Not even mentioned the internet-crime with it´s boring and anoying aspects.

https://www.oekoside.de/oeko/internet-und-umwelt.php   (this page can be switched to different languages)

oh, about LL: all fine

1 hour ago, Alter Native said:

The day you stop voting, resigning and caring about politics is the day lobbying and companies take over completely. The only thing that keeps politicians away from giving in completely to lobbying is the wrath and the voice of the public.

Not voting is not the solution.

And yes, you do vote directly who goes to the EU-parlament. May 25th are elections. Not sure if your country will still be part of the EU, but if so you have to vote.

And yes the EU is a bureaucratic monster, but we're still better of with it then without it. Remember where Europe is coming from and why the EU was founded. World War 1 ended 100 years ago, World War 2 75 years ago.

It's better to fight a bureaucratic monster then each other.
Don't take that for granted, remember where Europe is coming from and why the EU was founded in the first place.

Actually i liked it better when they where fighting eachother. atleast then we knew who our enemies where and we did not need to pretend to be friends even though we where no friends at all. History even proved that all those countries where enemies from the start the way they fundle eachother is just making me sick how many of my family died for no reason.

4 hours ago, Alter Native said:

yes, I elected these people (CDU) and that is now the thanks!
I will select never go again, it does not matter who you elected. 
at the end, everyone falls they in the back, these cursed hypocrites!

28 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Actually i liked it better when they where fighting eachother. atleast then we knew who our enemies where and we did not need to pretend to be friends even though we where no friends at all. History even proved that all those countries where enemies from the start the way they fundle eachother is just making me sick how many of my family died for no reason.

I have to agree, 80 Million victims and two world wars are clearly better, than living in wealth, not fighting and (pretending) to be friends.

also the modding scene it will hit hard, no matter if the modder lives in Europe, America, Japan etc.
all platforms YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc have to change your activities.
every mod author must have licenses of the original authors demonstrate, before he can upload a picture, video, this also includes all the resources of the elements used by him (other mod parts).

19 hours ago, Tirloque said:

Thanks for informing us.

However, I'm not sure this Coryright during upload filter is feasible, nor worth implementing. We've got an example with DRMs on BR and DVDs : copy protections are illegal, and copy protections removing software are. Yet, we still got both. Nonapplicable laws don't get applied. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did something like "that's not possible in practice" ever stopped politicians anywhere do demand it anyways?

12 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

i hope brexit will terminate the eu as a whole.. But this is not something we could have ever pervented those scumbag has elected themself and no citizen can even vote who goes into the parlement of EU. That is no not even called a democracy.

Sites like patreon will also be majorly effected by this.

Actually not true. Well, the people you can vote for are limited by a list but that's true too for pretty much any vote of bigger size afaik. Or can you just vote for everybody in your national parliament?

4 hours ago, winny257 said:

I will select never go again

That's the worst choice of all you could do.

The worst asshole will vote for himself, always. You can be sure of that! And if no other candidate gets more, he will win. With his own vote.  :classic_angry:

No! You can't weasel out IF you are unhappy with the way it is.

The less votes there are, the worse is the outcome.

It has a reason why it is a common political tactic to "discourage" opposing voters from using their right.

Use your right! And make it count!

And I am veeery sure, you will find someone worthy of your vote. Someone who want's to create a world that you would like to live in. The list is long ... :classic_wink:

4 minutes ago, worik said:

That's the worst choice of all you could do.

The worst asshole will vote for himself, always. You can be sure of that! And if no other candidate gets more, he will win. With his own vote.  :classic_angry:

No! You can't weasel out IF you are unhappy with the way it is.

The less votes there are, the worse is the outcome.

It has a reason why it is a common political tactic to "discourage" opposing voters from using their right.

Use your right! And make it count!

And I am veeery sure, you will find someone worthy of your vote. Someone who want's to create a world that you would like to live in. The list is long ... :classic_wink:

I know one *PDS* :classic_wink:

31 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Fucking fascists need a fresh beating it would seem. I thought we stamped this type of shit out in 1945.

it's not just the Germans, the Germans were the only ones the against article 13 have demonstrated! :classic_wink:

spacer.pngspacer.png

and please, that Nazi Regime is snow of yesterday!
If you understand.
I could say too, the Romans, Mongols, Americans were Peoples murderers! :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

it's not just the Germans, the Germans were the only ones the against article 13 have demonstrated! :classic_wink:

I didn't mention Germans specifically. The Nazis were a multi-cultural bunch, from Arabs to Walloons.  But the EU might as well be the 4th Reich. 

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I didn't mention Germans specifically. The Nazis were a multi-cultural bunch, from Arabs to Walloons.  But the EU might as well be the 4th Reich. 

you forgot Italy and Japan, belonged also to the Nazi Regime. :classic_laugh:

Spoiler

spacer.png

I'm from EU, this decision was bonkers. My own home country, in it's great wisdom, didn't even want the loosened up modifications to 11&13 they were discussing like a month ago. Thank fuck the next vote is so soon, I hope as many dissatisfied people as possible go vote. The level of embarrassment is way up there.

Reading trough the artiklas however, they will not affect "small sites". That modification was approved in the last month's debate, so LL should be safe for EU members to upload and consume with no trouble. The restrictions will apply to giant medias like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and so on, who need to figure out how to deal with the new restrictions. We'll see if they outright ban us, set in place some blind ass algorithm or IP gate us from certain features. How exciting.

As the International Federation of Journalists said: “the Copyright Directive makes a mockery of journalists’ authors’ rights by promoting buy-out contracts and bullying to force journalists to sign away their rights and giving publishers a free ride to make more profits while journalists receive zero”. This analysis applies across the board. Article 13 is not made for artists.

__  Joe McNamee, published on March 14, 2019 (CC BY-SA 4.0)

7 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Did something like "that's not possible in practice" ever stopped politicians anywhere do demand it anyways?

The example i gave is the proof of the contrary. Yet, it's also one element that tends to suggest that as long as the policians keep on not understanding the feasibility of their demands, we shouldn't worry too much about it.

3 hours ago, kiesu said:

Reading trough the artiklas however, they will not affect "small sites". That modification was approved in the last month's debate, so LL should be safe for EU members to upload and consume with no trouble. The restrictions will apply to giant medias like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and so on, who need to figure out how to deal with the new restrictions.

Interesting. But if they mention explicitely it applies only to giants sites, why then is there such an uproar about it ?

Archived