41 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

No I think it will be it's own thing. I've not been up to date on DF (because of the site notification issues) but I believe willpower changes much more than it used to which would make it a bit too transient for what I have in mind. 

That said I do want the mod to work with (or without DF). 

Yeah, probably the better way to go.  Your concept and Lozeak's for willpower seem different enough that they might not mesh so well (not criticizing either, just observing).  I could imagine a patch at some point though that might permit them to influence each other to some degree.

As a suggestion, please make your willpower easily accessible to the player.  There will be many factors that you can't or don't want to handle, so if willpower can be manually adjusted then the player can compensate.  For example, I'd imagine a small willpower loss for each prostitution job taken (by a non nympho character anyway) that could significantly add up by the end of a working day.  But how would your mod detect prostitution sex, since multiple mods support this activity?  By a "working clothes" item worn?  Maybe.  Or the player could manually adjust the willpower and your mod wouldn't have to deal with it.  You'd probably also want willpower up/down factors to be user-configurable, since people might have different ideas about the relevance and magnitude of various factors. 

Sorry, I got really off topic for STA.

45 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Yeah, probably the better way to go.  Your concept and Lozeak's for willpower seem different enough that they might not mesh so well (not criticizing either, just observing).  I could imagine a patch at some point though that might permit them to influence each other to some degree.

As a suggestion, please make your willpower easily accessible to the player.  There will be many factors that you can't or don't want to handle, so if willpower can be manually adjusted then the player can compensate.  For example, I'd imagine a small willpower loss for each prostitution job taken (by a non nympho character anyway) that could significantly add up by the end of a working day.  But how would your mod detect prostitution sex, since multiple mods support this activity?  By a "working clothes" item worn?  Maybe.  Or the player could manually adjust the willpower and your mod wouldn't have to deal with it.  You'd probably also want willpower up/down factors to be user-configurable, since people might have different ideas about the relevance and magnitude of various factors. 

Sorry, I got really off topic for STA.

Oh don't worry. You'll be able to set the willpower gain/loss for everything so far.

Don't believe I mentioned prostitution. Its a tough one to detect if it's not aggressive. I think the only thing I can do is add support in my own mods like survivals begging and add an api so other mods can influence your willpower too. 

17 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Now I'm no animator but I'm pretty sure that adding any kind of spanking animation mid scene to an existing animation is impossible. So that's out of the question.

Not impossible. Awkward with SexLab, but possible there, especially if you set them up in advance.

It might result in a bad transition though. This is not necessarily all that big a deal, as Skyrim has many bad transitions, they're kind of a norm.

Let's say, right now, you transition from run to sword swing. Does Skyrim have a nice intermediate? No. There's a very brief blend, and that's it. The blend is procedural, and not well done in most cases because there's no cross-blend pre-computation like you would have in an engine that uses blends and mixes in a more sophisticated way.

In this case my terminology is thus:

Blend = cross-fade between two animations.

Mix = playing an animation that is channelled only onto certain bones with another animation that is channelled onto different (or possibly some shared) bones.

So, you play a walk, and then you mix a sword swing into it that only touches the upper half of the body. This... Is not the Skyrim way.

37 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Not impossible. Awkward with SexLab, but possible there, especially if you set them up in advance.

It might result in a bad transition though. This is not necessarily all that big a deal, as Skyrim has many bad transitions, they're kind of a norm.

Let's say, right now, you transition from run to sword swing. Does Skyrim have a nice intermediate? No. There's a very brief blend, and that's it. The blend is procedural, and not well done in most cases because there's no cross-blend pre-computation like you would have in an engine that uses blends and mixes in a more sophisticated way.

In this case my terminology is thus:

Blend = cross-fade between two animations.

Mix = playing an animation that is channelled only onto certain bones with another animation that is channelled onto different (or possibly some shared) bones.

So, you play a walk, and then you mix a sword swing into it that only touches the upper half of the body. This... Is not the Skyrim way.

I know it's possible to change animation mid scene. I've seen it done in apropos. But just as it's not practical to stop the player and play an actual spank animation for bump spanks. It would feel awkward and look ridiculous during sex especially given the frequency that NPCs can spank you at. (Think it would look more like a wrestling match). :D

What I meant is that it's not really possible to 'inject' the NPCs hand moving to your ass (at high speed) without changing position. Maybe OSA is capable of such things but I still think it needs to be actually animated (in 3ds max etc) for every position in an animation. Which is too much to ask of anyone really. 

But perhaps. If you were to get spanked, I don't know, 5 times in a row without responding (fucking back or denigrating) then switch to a proper spanking animation. Then if you start responding switch back to the fucking animation. 

14 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

But perhaps. If you were to get spanked, I don't know, 5 times in a row without responding (fucking back or denigrating) then switch to a proper spanking animation. Then if you start responding switch back to the fucking animation. 

I think with this sort of thing, you have to try it, and see.

You probably could have rejected the word-salad dialogue based on theories that it would be unacceptably bad.

And it is kind of bad, but it's kind of awesome too. 

In practice, I'm prepared to put up with a lot that is wrong if it means the PC can actually say things that are borderline appropriate, because that makes such a huge difference.

Maybe spanking is like that too?

Or maybe it isn't?

You might find that players differ in opinion on this when presented with an implementation.

And maybe, if you do implement it, and it sucks, you'll see how to improve it so it doesn't suck.

Or maybe you won't, and it will be a big waste of time?

Iteration is the path to success :) 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more spanking, and more uses of spanking, and well then some more spanking... ?

But this seems like (as @Blackbird Wanderer is fond of saying) the juice isn't worth the squeeze. 

Particularly when there are other projects that could use the resources, like that guard "hey I know you!" spanking for fines feature! ?

18 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I think with this sort of thing, you have to try it, and see.

Well If I do add the option above I'll add a slider so we can set it to 1 and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

I have to agree with MM1 on this, Apropos animation change was so awkward I turned it off almost right away. Not only was it clunky but it also frequently caused other problems with actors not realigning. 

Me too. 

Probably better to start a completely new animation rather than messing with the stages.

I suspect Apropos does not do it was it was intended - but another question is whether SexLab is working as intended in this case, as it might not have been exercised much.

A lot of code exists to support stage modification though, so it may have been tested, and Apropos is just doing it wrong.

9 minutes ago, griffinjohn59 said:

Hello, having a slight problem.  For whatever reason the breast spank texture doesn't load, all i get is static.  The ass textures however work fine.  Solutions?

Thanks.

What do you mean by static?

3 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Noticed something.  When my character is the aggressor (subjugating a Sexy Bandit Captive), this mod doesn't differentiate and so the captive spanks me like she's in charge.  ;)  

And that's a bad thing? :)

8 minutes ago, player1unknown said:

So confused with how to use this. I have it installed the bump spanks happen but how does one get the other stuff to work. From flow blown spankings to the rape scenes/ sex scenes?

This mod doesn't trigger sex scenes on its own - you will want other mods to do that for you.  If another mod triggers an aggressive sex scene, this mod has a chance to add spanking to it (sounds and dialogue).  All sex scenes will get dialogue however.

Actual spanking animations are just something we are talking about being a possibility - they aren't in the mod right now.

7 hours ago, player1unknown said:

So confused with how to use this. I have it installed the bump spanks happen but how does one get the other stuff to work. From flow blown spankings to the rape scenes/ sex scenes?

Add Sexlab Approach and Horrible Harrassment.

7 hours ago, Durante said:

It has stopped working during animations. Probably due to SL survival.

Type 'Work God damnit!!!' in the console. But you'll have to use your penis to type it, otherwise it won't work :P

Sorry but your issue is pretty vague. I presume you mean spanking has stopped working during sex? And why do you suspect survival? The two mods have little to do with each other. Survival just detects if STA is installed and disables it's own bump spanks. There's a bug in the current version of survival that may make that detection fail though. To fix it just toggle spanking on and off again. As for spanking in STA:

Is the scene aggressive?

Has it passed the chance to become a spanking scene?

Has your character 'flipped over' to becoming a masochist? - in which case the mechanics change.

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Type 'Work God damnit!!!' in the console. But you'll have to use your penis to type it, otherwise it won't work :P

Sorry but your issue is pretty vague. I presume you mean spanking has stopped working during sex? And why do you suspect survival? The two mods have little to do with each other. Survival just detects if STA is installed and disables it's own bump spanks. There's a bug in the current version of survival that may make that detection fail though. To fix it just toggle spanking on and off again. As for spanking in STA:

Is the scene aggressive?

Has it passed the chance to become a spanking scene?

Has your character 'flipped over' to becoming a masochist? - in which case the mechanics change.

Bruh xD that's a talent I do not have.

I do not know, it's just a hunch, spanking stopped working during all sex screnes after I installed some mods on top, and resetting tears and drools doesn't help. During animation I do not hear the femaleyoungeager voice either, but if I reset tears drools then the voice works for a shortwhile and I can use the middle mouse button for degradation.

24 minutes ago, Durante said:

I do not know, it's just a hunch, spanking stopped working during all sex screnes after I installed some mods on top, and resetting tears and drools doesn't help. During animation I do not hear the femaleyoungeager voice either, but if I reset tears drools then the voice works for a shortwhile and I can use the middle mouse button for degradation.

The old culprit for the voice not playing was that the mod did not detect that a gag you were wearing was removed. Resetting drool in the mcm runs the detection for a gag again and so clears your gagged status which allows you to talk again. I thought I fixed it. I'll look into it again. 

But that should not affect spanking. Check the Mcm. What's your masochism status at? Does your character Hate/Dislike/Like/Love pain. 

Try cranking the chance for a spanking animation up to 100% and start a rape scene and let me know if it's still not working. 

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

The old culprit for the voice not playing was that the mod did not detect that a gag you were wearing was removed. Resetting drool in the mcm runs the detection for a gag again and so clears your gagged status which allows you to talk again. I thought I fixed it. I'll look into it again. 

But that should not affect spanking. Check the Mcm. What's your masochism status at? Does your character Hate/Dislike/Like/Love pain. 

Try cranking the chance for a spanking animation up to 100% and start a rape scene and let me know if it's still not working. 

3 hours ago, Durante said:

If you use both SL Survival and STA, you might need to install all common soft dependencies between the two. It is a usual problem that soft dependencies can break things if more than one mod looks for the missing scripts. But you need only the scripts, no need to actually enable the mod

12 minutes ago, DayTri said:

If you use both SL Survival and STA, you might need to install all common soft dependencies between the two. It is a usual problem that soft dependencies can break things if more than one mod looks for the missing scripts. But you need only the scripts, no need to actually enable the mod

I'm aware of that problem but because my mods have so many soft dependencies I came up with a way around it which is what the FoMod + interface scripts do. Basically, if you don't have a soft dependency then the FoMod won't install any scripts that make function calls to that mod. 

I was looking to try this mod but i have narrowed down it is the culprit for crashing every time i load a game. It's ok still when starting a new one but loading is a big nope. I tried several times with a new game so this crashing is consistent.

Seeing the requirements it says "2x free overlay slots", i'm not sure if i have that. What i could think of interfering with body textures is that i have SlaveTats, RapeTats and FadeTattoos installed.