Just now, ParsleyParakeet said:

Thanks! So far it seems the message isn't appearing again so hopefully it's fine now. Uhm... I'm noticing a different issue. Is this mod meant to have an MCM? -And followup question: is it possible to run out of slots for MCMs? Because I've got a lot of them so that might be why.

Yes sta has an mcm and yes there is a mcm limit. It's either 127 or 128 afaik. 

Theres a patch for skyui to increase it further. I installed it myself recently but it can't be installed on existing saves and it's not without some issues that's I've noticed....

2 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Yes sta has an mcm and yes there is a mcm limit. It's either 127 or 128 afaik. 

Theres a patch for skyui to increase it further. I installed it myself recently but it can't be installed on existing saves and it's not without some issues that's I've noticed....

Oh! Yeah I definitely don't have that many MCMs xD
Curious why it wouldn't show up though. Any idea why?

1 minute ago, ParsleyParakeet said:

Oh! Yeah I definitely don't have that many MCMs xD
Curious why it wouldn't show up though. Any idea why?

It's not a common problem with STA that I can remember. 

Can you post a papyrus log of starting a new game and waiting 20 seconds or so. 

What usually works for me to refresh MCM menus is to hit ESC twice, from ingame to menu and back to ingame. If that doesn't work, save and load the game too. Some mods actually require you to load before the MCM can be started.

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

It's not a common problem with STA that I can remember. 

Can you post a papyrus log of starting a new game and waiting 20 seconds or so. 

Attached the papyrus log! ^^
Fun fact: I struggled a bit with getting the papyrus logging properly set up, and in those retries, this latest successful attempt for some reason decided to give me the MCM xD
Still gonna post the log in case it helps. I'm also adding these two pictures. One is showing what STA is telling me about Milk Mod Economy, and I figured since you're the dev of both mods, and I'm already in the business of sharing my papyrus log, here's a pic of what Survival is telling me. -Note that it tells me this even after I've activated RND and reinstalled Survival which is a bit odd. -Just in case you might be able to help clear up what's going on with that too.

20190617192133_1.jpg

20190617193039_1.jpg

Papyrus.0.log

12 minutes ago, ParsleyParakeet said:

Attached the papyrus log! ^^
Fun fact: I struggled a bit with getting the papyrus logging properly set up, and in those retries, this latest successful attempt for some reason decided to give me the MCM xD
Still gonna post the log in case it helps. I'm also adding these two pictures. One is showing what STA is telling me about Milk Mod Economy, and I figured since you're the dev of both mods, and I'm already in the business of sharing my papyrus log, here's a pic of what Survival is telling me. -Note that it tells me this even after I've activated RND and reinstalled Survival which is a bit odd. -Just in case you might be able to help clear up what's going on with

Yea, it's a case of install manually then. Have a look at the installation instructions on the survival page. Use the same procedure with STA as well and everything should be fine.

What mod manager are you using?

39 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Yea, it's a case of install manually then. Have a look at the installation instructions on the survival page. Use the same procedure with STA as well and everything should be fine.

What mod manager are you using?

Testing out Vortex for the first time. I've been tinkering with it for the past week and I've mostly got it under control but I guess in this case it struggled. I'll have a look and see if I can set things up properly but gosh I'm kinda reluctant to reinstall STA now that I've got it working. We'll see what I decide to prioritize there but I'll definitely give it a go with Survival. Thanks for the help!

Edit: At a glance I can't work out how to do the manual installation, and honestly I'm not the brightest girl ever. I've only ever used mod installers x3 
So I think for the time being I'll cut my losses with Survival and hope that by the time I do a new run, either Vortex or Survival or heck maybe just the stars have alligned to let me play it :P

14 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Yea that looks ok I think. 

I'm not sure then. Did you try the ported version?

I think me playing Jenga with my load order may have blown this up at some point.  I've reinstalled my own port and am in the process of starting a new game (new game mcm setup is such a pain).  I'm not seeing any papyrus spam yet while I'm standing in the Alt Start prison room, but I've yet to get out where spanking can happen. Hopefully this works.  Thanks!

On a side note, the latest Vortex isn't liking your FOMODs.  Detection of existing mods for your Conditionals isn't happening correctly (wrong choices are being made).  This was working in previous Vortex versions, but I'm not sure a Vortex update did this or if you've just recently changed the way you're doing things.  Just an FYI.

Edit:  Posted my reply from page 14, so I see now others are having Vortex issues.

Edit 2: Submitted bug report to Vortex developer

7 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

I think me playing Jenga with my load order may have blown this up at some point.  I've reinstalled my own port and am in the process of starting a new game (new game mcm setup is such a pain).  I'm not seeing any papyrus spam yet while I'm standing in the Alt Start prison room, but I've yet to get out where spanking can happen. Hopefully this works.  Thanks!

On a side note, the latest Vortex isn't liking your FOMODs.  Detection of existing mods for your Conditionals isn't happening correctly (wrong choices are being made).  This was working in previous Vortex versions, but I'm not sure a Vortex update did this or if you've just recently changed the way you're doing things.  Just an FYI.

Edit:  Posted my reply from page 14, so I see now others are having Vortex issues.

Edit 2: Submitted bug report to Vortex developer

Yea seems like vortex doesn't like them alright. Hopefully it'll be fixed on the vortex side. 

Honestly the whole FoMod thing has been a real headache. I think that each mod manager seems to have their own method of handling installing - doing things in a different order = major pain in the ass. 

8 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Yea seems like vortex doesn't like them alright. Hopefully it'll be fixed on the vortex side. 

Honestly the whole FoMod thing has been a real headache. I think that each mod manager seems to have their own method of handling installing - doing things in a different order = major pain in the ass. 

In my opinion it's not a reliable way for mod installer to check what plugins are enabled. It's possible to ask player what mod supports they want to install. And i'm suspecting it wouldn't be behaving any worse even if all the scripts were installed anyway. It's not like people will reinstall STA after they for some reason remove a soft dependency later.

30 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

In my opinion it's not a reliable way for mod installer to check what plugins are enabled.

It isn't you're right. 

And i'm suspecting it wouldn't be behaving any worse even if all the scripts were installed anyway

You'd be dead wrong. I'm not just doing this for the fun of it. It hasn't been particularly fun. I do it to avoid 'unable to link type' errors for my own mods and to avoid causing them for other mods. For details: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/106848-multiple-mods-with-soft-dependency-to-the-same-resource/

As problematic as my FoMods can be, once you're installed good I don't have to worry about these errors and that's still a better alternative for me. Those errors are a massive pain in the ass mostly because they're so hard to detect. (they only happen once)

It's possible to ask player what mod supports they want to install.

I tried it recently with a survival update. It did not go well. 

The difference is that normally with a FoMod you click an option and it installs an optional esp file (usually). Straight forward enough. 

In my case I want to install a script if an option is selected but I also want to install another script if the option is not selected which seems to cause all sorts of problems because as I said above every mod manager seems to handle it differently. 

The only thing left I can do is look into lupines suggestion to use globals. I hope it works as I'd only love to get rid of the FoMod shenanigans entirely. But I haven't had the time and it's a fairly major change. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

In my case I want to install a script if an option is selected but I also want to install another script if the option is not selected which seems to cause all sorts of problems because as I said above every mod manager seems to handle it differently. 

Use one of those "you must choose only one of these items" radio selector thingies.

I have a fairly strong recollection FOMOD supports them.

You need one for each script that has an alternate.

But don't do that. Just implement the soft-deps as I suggested :) Less trouble in the end.

If you really need a quest object, or other frequently used foreign value, in all your globals, there's a way to avoid constantly refetching them. I use it in SLD for sexlab. 

Create a global func that returns the foreign quest you want as a vanilla Quest object.

Then, you keep that in a Quest variable in your script and pass it into all the global funcs that operate on the framework script that the quest is holding. You cast it to the type you need only inside the global.

Your main code sees only a vanilla Quest.

The globals encapsulate the type reference.

Usual rules apply of course, must check that the ESPs are loaded before you call any globals - I recheck all mine in OnLoad, and don't call the globals to use any code in other mods in any init or OnLoad code. Safest is not to auto-start your mod. I strongly recommend not auto-starting. SexLab and Defeat are how they are because it's reliable.

A lot of auto-start mods are plagued with non-determinism.

DCL has a delay mechanism so it auto starts and then delays before really starting, a little later.

Not as safe as manual start. Avoids having to handle shut down and restart though.

The problems in your post https://www.loverslab.com/topic/106848-multiple-mods-with-soft-dependency-to-the-same-resource/

are avoided if you follow the global isolation pattern.

(case 1) The cause appears to be that first mod triggers a load attempt but it's deferred, mod is temporarily descheduled.

(case 2) Second mod runs and forces the load to resolve, which fails, badly. Second mod dies. Now the load is definitively failed, future attempts to use that resource will fail out.

First mod blunders on with a magical None value.

I think Beth wanted the first case to occur reliably (None value), tried to code for that, but messed it up ... but just speculating.

With the global pattern, you will never trigger a load of that missing ESP, or missing scripts.

And by not calling anything during init or load, you will not attempt to use a mod that is incompletely loaded and hit case 2 by indirection.

Other mods that you depend on, that break the rules above, can screw you up too. It's safest to only touch them once loading is fully completed. In that case you should get away with it.

Just out of cuiosity: If the issue appears to be with the fomod (and I'd suspect so given what's been said and the fact that I get a similar issue of the mods not finding certain things with both of your mods that I have installed) is there any way to alter the fomod after the fact? The only mods I've ever installed manually are ENBs. I wouldn't know where to start otherwise ^^;

12 minutes ago, ParsleyParakeet said:

Just out of cuiosity: If the issue appears to be with the fomod (and I'd suspect so given what's been said and the fact that I get a similar issue of the mods not finding certain things with both of your mods that I have installed) is there any way to alter the fomod after the fact? The only mods I've ever installed manually are ENBs. I wouldn't know where to start otherwise ^^;

Funny. I find enbs more difficult to install. 

If you tell me which of these mods you use I'll see if I can pack the mod into a simple installer (No fomod) for you. 

Devious devices

Milk mod economy

Sexlab separate orgasms

14 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Funny. I find enbs more difficult to install. 

If you tell me which of these mods you use I'll see if I can pack the mod into a simple installer (No fomod) for you. 

Devious devices

Milk mod economy

Sexlab separate orgasms

Aaaa oh my gosh you'd really do that? ❤️

Out of those three I only use SLSO

you really don't have to though. Like, I could be fine just waiting for my next run and see if maybe Vortex or your mod or both have updated, but I'd really appreciate it! Alternatively, how difficult is it to repack it into a simple installer? If I learned how to do it (Assuming it doesn't require lots of coding lol) then maybe I could convert a download of Survival as well ^^

Edit: Also I think the reason why I prefer modloaders, and why I only manually mod ENBs is that I hate the idea of irreversable steps. I don't know how accurate this is, but overwriting a bunch of stuff manually compared to having the option of undoing it with a modloader at any time feels much safer. With ENBs I know that nothing gets overwritten. Just dump a buncha stuff in the game directory, change some values in the .inis that I've memorized by now, and done! ^^

1 hour ago, ParsleyParakeet said:

Aaaa oh my gosh you'd really do that? ❤️

Out of those three I only use SLSO

you really don't have to though. Like, I could be fine just waiting for my next run and see if maybe Vortex or your mod or both have updated, but I'd really appreciate it! Alternatively, how difficult is it to repack it into a simple installer? If I learned how to do it (Assuming it doesn't require lots of coding lol) then maybe I could convert a download of Survival as well ^^

It's about that difficult :)

All you do is:

1. Extract the mod onto your desktop or where-ever. (Needs a program called 7z or something similar)

2. Open the 'Conditionals' folder and run down through each subfolder one at a time.

3. If you use the mod then copy the scripts from 'Active' folder into the 'scripts' folder in the main mod folder. If you don't use the mod copy the scripts from the 'Inactive' folder. If you do this right you should need to overwrite existing scripts. 

4. Delete the 'FoMod' and 'Conditionals' folders. 

5. Select all files in the folder. Right click on them and select 7z -> Add to ''Whatever filename.7z"

6. You've just created your installer file. Use vortex to install the new 'Whatever filename.7z' file. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Spank That Ass v2.1 (With SLSO but not DDs or MME).7z 4.25 MB · 0 downloads

It's about that difficult :)

All you do is:

1. Extract the mod onto your desktop or where-ever. (Needs a program called 7z or something similar)

2. Open the 'Conditionals' folder and run down through each subfolder one at a time.

3. If you use the mod then copy the scripts from 'Active' folder into the 'scripts' folder in the main mod folder. If you don't use the mod copy the scripts from the 'Inactive' folder. If you do this right you should need to overwrite existing scripts. 

4. Delete the 'FoMod' and 'Conditionals' folders. 

5. Select all files in the folder. Right click on them and select 7z -> Add to ''Whatever filename.7z"

6. You've just created your installer file. Use vortex to install the new 'Whatever filename.7z' file. 

Oh my gosh thank you so much! Yeah that's pretty straightforward. Gonna test out your STA one on a new save, activate RND and then check out my own attempt with Survival and report the results in just a bit ^^

Edit:

AAAAAAAAAAAA It's working!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ Thank you so much for taking the time to help me figure it out! Your edit on STA doesn't get the error, and my own attempt with Survival seems to be just as successful!   

Might be worth adding that to the OP for other modloader users? ^^ Those steps aren't complicated to follow at all and the whole procedure can be done with WinRar

Thanks for the update, and thanks for all the efforts put in to not cause these dependency errors - sounds like a royal pain.

That being said, I'm still going to make a request that if you chose to add would make the job more complicated. :classic_tongue:

My request would simply be to add Soul Gem Oven 3 (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1247-soulgem-oven-iii/) milk status as a trigger for player milk comments.

So that weird issue I was having with STA blowing up on the drool script seemed related to also having SLS installed at the same time (or upgrading one of them while both were already installed).  If I installed STA alone, let it initialize, then installed SLS after, it would sometimes seem OK, but not always.  Usually the STA MCM was all kinds of messed up.  MCM lagged, half the options were disabled or stuck at 0 and unchangeable, spanking overlays were fully applied and resetting overlays did nothing.  It didn't seem to be an issue with SLS before 0.43 and/or STA before 2.0, as I had both working quite well together in earlier versions of each.  With the most recent STA 2.1 and SLS 0.431, things appear to be back to normal (STA 2.0 + SLS 0.431 still had issues together).  I can start a new game with both enabled in my load order as well as upgrade one or both in existing saves and things appear OK in the MCM.  Still not out of the starting cell yet to try out the rest of the features, but this is promising.

On a side note, the tweaked Slavetats scripts seem to break Slavetats SE 3.0 (recent update, non-beta) such that it doesn't detect NiOverride or Racemenu.  Seemed to work OK with the 3.0 beta 2 version I was using previously, however.  I didn't bang on this much, so I'm not sure if it was happening in both new games only or existing saves, or was some side effect of Slavetats being upgraded.

11 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

So that weird issue I was having with STA blowing up on the drool script seemed related to also having SLS installed at the same time (or upgrading one of them while both were already installed).  If I installed STA alone, let it initialize, then installed SLS after, it would sometimes seem OK, but not always.  Usually the STA MCM was all kinds of messed up.  MCM lagged, half the options were disabled or stuck at 0 and unchangeable, spanking overlays were fully applied and resetting overlays did nothing.  It didn't seem to be an issue with SLS before 0.43 and/or STA before 2.0, as I had both working quite well together in earlier versions of each.  With the most recent STA 2.1 and SLS 0.431, things appear to be back to normal (STA 2.0 + SLS 0.431 still had issues together).  I can start a new game with both enabled in my load order as well as upgrade one or both in existing saves and things appear OK in the MCM.  Still not out of the starting cell yet to try out the rest of the features, but this is promising.

On a side note, the tweaked Slavetats scripts seem to break Slavetats SE 3.0 (recent update, non-beta) such that it doesn't detect NiOverride or Racemenu.  Seemed to work OK with the 3.0 beta 2 version I was using previously, however.  I didn't bang on this much, so I'm not sure if it was happening in both new games only or existing saves, or was some side effect of Slavetats being upgraded.

Drop the slavetats tweak. It's not necessary

What you describe sounds like the soft dependency issue I was discussing with lupine on the previous page. Start a new game with your unstable setup. Search for 'unable to link type' errors in your log. These will only appear once. And then your mod is fucked. If properly installed the fomods should prevent this. 

25 minutes ago, ParsleyParakeet said:

I've played for maybe an hour and I'm already in love with this mod. Anything that works with SLSO is already an exciting find, but this one is quickly becoming one of my favs. Thank you Monoman! ?

Thank you :)