Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

Thats why i'm trying to reduce the modlist (and have to redo the batches).

HDD.png.c2a1aacddb6e83c88f98cfbc8dfd3983.png

Those two are almost exclusively for Skyrim SE and FO4.

My laptop came with a 256GB SSD.  I replaced it with one twice as large.  Then I bought a terabyte SSD and added that.  But I still moved my mod storage file off to an external hard drive (not the folder where I have the mods installed, but the folder I download them to and install them from).  I went to see how big it was, and accidently looked at the wrong file and thought I had somehow deleted all my mod downloads.  But fortunately I didn't.  The folder is 313GB all just for Skyrim SE.

I got a problem: Sometimes despite me having enabled the "even actors height" option or whatever it's called, they actually don't get evened. Which means alignment during scenes can be off. Especially noticeable when kissing or other standing animations. First I thought it was a "well can't expect perfection" thing that just happens every once in a while.

Then today with Serena I noticed that she actually adjusted for a tinsy moment before snapping back to her "real" size when the animation started. So perhaps it's NPC looks mods like The Ordinary Women or my Serena mod, that's overriding the sexlab height adjustments with their character build. Assuming I'm not totally off the mark for once and that's indeed case I still have no idea what to do about it, since SexLab being an ESM I can't put it lower in my load order than the character mod ESPs.

2 hours ago, Dirknina said:

@Aylis

on the PTC mods what did you want us to get? all of them combined?

You can pick whichever you like.

--

@Aylis

Vaultman30's Armor Extended SE states "Just to be clear--No, I won't make a stand-alone, FOMOD, or non replacer version, or offer CBBE or other body type versions."

Unless you want to add that yourself I'd say that is a major reason NOT to include it in this modlist

1 hour ago, johnny0183 said:

@Aylis

Vaultman30's Armor Extended SE states "Just to be clear--No, I won't make a stand-alone, FOMOD, or non replacer version, or offer CBBE or other body type versions."

Unless you want to add that yourself I'd say that is a major reason NOT to include it in this modlist

you missed a part.

Just to be clear--No, I won't make a stand-alone, FOMOD, or non replacer version, or offer CBBE or other body type versions.

This just means s/he won't add special body files. It's a replacer, so it uses the original game bodyslide files, no added files needed.

@Aylis This mod is made for pedantic history nerds, and caters to those sensibilities. (so.. right up your alley)

They did a really good job making each faction look distinct but similar. If i wanted period correct I would use it. 

Except. 

To get the most out of V30E it should be used with both a merged/bashed/smashed patch--I can't stress this enough. Make certain V30E is below any other mods you have that effect vanilla armor/clothes.

I disagree that the thieves guild would wear any type of chain mail. They are all about being quiet, not rattling around like a old rusted model t. Same with the assassins guild. Kill your mark, don't be seen doing it. And get away clean. 

And i may be completely wrong and mail didn't rattle much or at all. Surcoats or an outer cloth could have dampened the sound, just seems counter intuitive.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:37 PM, Aylis said:

@axz2

2. That one might be useful even if it costs a slot for an ESP. I'll put it on the list for tests.

Here is another that could possibly be useful. NPC AI Process Position Fix - SSE https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40261

A general note.  All the mods I've recommended you take a look at have been bug fixes, maybe one performance enhancer mod.  I've been limiting to those types of mods partially to reduce the number of recommendations (it takes time for you to check mods, and I'm not the only one making recommendations) but also because those types of mods might have broad applicability to many people's games while things like quest mods, follower mods, major re-textures, etc. might be of a more subjective benefit with some loving them and others hating them (and also might take longer for you to effectively check).

That's why I check all of the mods I add in besides what's on the list.  For ex:  I use AGO I had it for years and like it.  But aylis doesn't so I check it out thoroughly with the list to make sure no surprises awaits me.  The list I know has been tested by aylis so if something goes out of wak it got to be something i put in.

Anyways I'm just waiting on Texgen and lodgen to finish so I can play hopefully I dont have to restart with updated list I used the resaver hope it works.

@Aylis On the facemorhs you grab both files?  So you can modify your existing preset?

First of all i am really glad with this guide, today i started installing everything from scratch so wish me luck i can get it working :D

I am also using some cheats like no grinding stuff, because after playing about 150 times the game some things really am boring todo now ;)

What i wanted todo now is playing different playing styles and adding more variation to the game which is plenty  available.

So hopefully this mod guide will help me get the game to become sexy without constant crashing.

I sure enough tried many hundreds of times to get a full modded game with these mods working but ended up constant in crashes and after that the whole game was screwed up.

Especially when the game hung so badly that the only way to get it back alive was push the power button 

So i kinda had no luck with modding the game to a very sexy pleasant experience.

Lets see how this works out.

@rniet

If you use Ordinator (listed in the guide) you will have a much better and more variable character perk progression, which looks like what you're looking for.

Having to get up and press the power button is one of the constants of playing Skyrim. Trust me, it's not this mod list's fault. I would recommend that if (like me) you ALT+Tab a lot, make sure you are on the menu screen (Esc or Start Button with a controller) and not on any other screen (especially not on the map screen). That seems to help me with crashes if you are switching away from Skyrim to another program.

Have fun!

Argh. CTD at the title screen. I installed a new hard drive, but didn't move any Skyrim stuff to it. Was able to get to the main menu screen, and get to the Reshade menu, for a few seconds, then CTD. I figured there wasn't any point in messing with it with the load order changing, so I updated it and now I'm getting CTDs right after the ENB copyright stuff comes up. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this one.

Edit - Got it working. For me, disabling the main FNIS mod made it unhappy. I seem to have both FNIS and Nemesis running concurrently, but I'll have to play around with it more.

OK, now i'm back again.

Two days digging through the innards of the game and that mod simply doesn't work. Looks like the main part isn't compatible with HPH (and the other parts rely on it). At first glance it looks fine, but then you want to fast-travel or use a door. CTD everywhere.

I wish we could have at least used the weapons part of it...

Will need a day or so to get my game back to the previous state. Sadly the backup for it is a bit dated.

And now to my first first potion of life elixir (aka coffee with a bit cinnamon) today.

12 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis For JS Purses, you recommend only installing the purses, but I don't see anything in the FOMOD that gives that option (must also install coins). Are you deleting coin stuff from File Explorer? I'm scared.

The coins get overwritten. But the optional textures for the gold heaps look a bit out of place.

11 hours ago, wollboi said:

make sure you are on the menu screen (Esc or Start Button with a controller) and not on any other screen (especially not on the map screen).

Good advice. ?

Doing that eleminates the crashes when switching to something else.

Reworked a few descriptions

Added Ancient Imperial Septims as an additional option for coins

@jaeos

Don't complain too much about me wanting a more realistic game...

... otherwise i'll add Credo.

This mod (Mix and Match Armour Perk Overhaul) looks like something to add later. Atm the patch for Ordinator is missing.

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

Two days digging through the innards of the game and that mod simply doesn't work. Looks like the main part isn't compatible with HPH (and the other parts rely on it). At first glance it looks fine, but then you want to fast-travel or use a door. CTD everywhere.

I wish we could have at least used the weapons part of it...

That's a real shame, looked so promising.

13 hours ago, Dirknina said:

That's why I check all of the mods I add in besides what's on the list.  For ex:  I use AGO I had it for years and like it.  But aylis doesn't so I check it out thoroughly with the list to make sure no surprises awaits me.  The list I know has been tested by aylis so if something goes out of wak it got to be something i put in.

Unless your new mod is scripted, adds to level lists, or level npc or changes npc/mosters they should work pretty much no problem, note the word should, we all know odd skyrim in both versions can be.

The rebuild got one advantage as i added more ? (i think i got everything now). I only hope that does more good to the list than start to confuse people. Worst case would require their removal (but that is up to you).

Moved the 'Majestic Mountains' below 'BDS'. Nothing found that incorrect placement (and it worked this way for years) except 'Wrye Bash'. I'm very tempted to add 'Wrye Bash' to the list...

8 hours ago, Varithina said:

we all know odd skyrim in both versions can be.

?

Bethesda games being odd? Thats the understatement of the year. I still remember that switching the mod for water fixed a bug with the cabbage...

Checking out later:

Injured Animations Dynamic Replacer SE

Diverse Random Normal Attack                     Once you get used to it surprisingly good. Will be added

Medieval Furor                                               Not sure what this mod does exactly

Combat Gameplay Overhaul SE

Riften Docks Overhaul

ndh's Animation Overhaul                             Nope, will not be added

Immersive Dawnguard Starting Quest           Fixes another thing i hate in the game. Will be added

KS Hairdos for Dawnguard Sentries Plus SE  Will be added

I guess i really have to redo the screenshot section. Especially the part for the NPC (HPH changed them all).

Spoiler

Gerdur

Gerdur.jpg.78f7f5556bf73a088dd9db15f67b3e05.jpg

Thankfully all crashes are gone again (with Whiterun being very sensitive to mistakes).

Spoiler

1025799560_SkyrimSE2020-09-1515-11-59.png.8a5493787ec2b8b6ba79c07c12f46bde.png

Okay, so I broke it again by trying to get PCEA to work with Nemesis. CTD before the menu screen again. Got it working again, but only by following the steps in post #3, but then re-enabling FNIS after Nemesis had run and put FNIS.esp back in its original spot in the load order. I've now got FNIS and Nemesis running (with another FNIS.esp out of the Nemesis overwrite?), but Nemesis overrides any PCEA animations, which is logical. I've got my custom player-only crawl animation, but none of the others work because they are overwritten by Nemesis. PCEA isn't in the load order, so obviously this is something I'll have to figure out if I want to.

All that to say, my 2 cents on Nemesis: I dunno. Running FNIS and Nemesis at the same time is possible obviously, but it feels like we've crossed the streams on this one (for those of you old enough to get the reference). You just seem to have a jump through hoops to get them to play nice and I dunno if it's really worth it. Seems like something that could potentially break something else down the line. I've also got this weird, scary glitch when the Bethesda logo pops up that makes me think my computer is about to explode, but goes away after that.

But those new jump animations are really great.

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

@jaeos

Don't complain too much about me wanting a more realistic game...

... otherwise i'll add Credo.

Not my Mod list. You put it as historically accurate as you wish. I will just skip them and put my preferred mods in their place.. ?

46 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Okay, so I broke it again by trying to get PCEA to work with Nemesis. CTD before the menu screen again. 

All that to say, my 2 cents on Nemesis: I dunno. Running FNIS and Nemesis at the same time is possible obviously, but it feels like we've crossed the streams on this one (for those of you old enough to get the reference).

Probably why i refuse to use Nemesis. Crossing the streams is a bad idea... tends to cover people in slime.....

and for the record.. my 13yr old would get that reference.. 

2 hours ago, jaeos said:

Probably why i refuse to use Nemesis. Crossing the streams is a bad idea... tends to cover people in slime.....

and for the record.. my 13yr old would get that reference.. 

I had absolutely no issues using both FNIS and Nemesis. Just do like Aylis suggested - disable Nemesis when running FNIS and then before you run Nemesis disable FNIS.

Sometimes crossing the streams does not end the universe but it ends up as a stronger weapon, especially useful when dealing with entities like Gozer.

Just as a tip for new users: you only have to check the two new animation mods in Nemesis, none of the others are installed

@Aylis In post #3 when you say "deactivate the main mod for FNIS," are you talking about FNIS Behaviors only? Do you leave FNIS Creature Pack active when running Nemesis? And are you re-enabling Behaviors afterwards? If I don't, I CTD every time.

For some reason the jump animation is working fine, but the movement overhaul isn't. (Yes, I've checked the box in Nemesis)

Just now, wollboi said:

In post #3 when you say "deactivate the main mod for FNIS," are you talking about FNIS Behaviors only? Do you leave FNIS Creature Pack active when running Nemesis? And are you re-enabling Behaviors afterwards? If I don't, I CTD every time.

For some reason the jump animation is working fine, but the movement overhaul isn't. (Yes, I've checked the box in Nemesis)

I'm talking about 'FNIS SE'. Thats the main mod, the rest (including the new 'FNIS Output') stays active from now on.