Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Hi - this is a great modlist that I'm going to return to next time I start a new modlist  (I built your list about a year ago and it was my first really successful playthrough).  Right now, I'm using TucoGuide's list plus Sexlab and associated mods.   TucoGuide recommends Nether's Follow Framework.  I used that mod in my last playthrough and it worked fine except that, if I used the "Teach Spell" feature to teach Candlelight (the only spell I really tested) my game would CTD in any dungeon in which I was accompanied by a follower with the taught spell.  On my current playthrough (which is otherwise complete stable) I switched to AFT just to see if it was a problem specifically with NFF.  Same problem though - I'd CTD in dungeons when traveling with a follower with a taught spell.  If I untaught the spell, there was no CTD.

I notice that you do not appear to have a follower mod in the current iteration of your modlist.  Is this because of a problem with follower mods and Sexlab or one of its associated mods?  Just trying to get some insight into this problem. 

i think i have an issue....\

Spoiler

ScreenShot5.png.254b7cd49a551b1032b03fa749fc927e.png

Knowing me.. i didn't put in that texture mod.. or the patch for that texture mod. time to go looking.

Note to self.... Make sure you are installing the main mod and not just a patch....

Spoiler

ScreenShot6.png.ec45df16a35e0de149d17e87d8665336.png

45 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

Hi - this is a great modlist that I'm going to return to next time I start a new modlist  (I built your list about a year ago and it was my first really successful playthrough).  Right now, I'm using TucoGuide's list plus Sexlab and associated mods.   TucoGuide recommends Nether's Follow Framework.  I used that mod in my last playthrough and it worked fine except that, if I used the "Teach Spell" feature to teach Candlelight (the only spell I really tested) my game would CTD in any dungeon in which I was accompanied by a follower with the taught spell.  On my current playthrough (which is otherwise complete stable) I switched to AFT just to see if it was a problem specifically with NFF.  Same problem though - I'd CTD in dungeons when traveling with a follower with a taught spell.  If I untaught the spell, there was no CTD.

I notice that you do not appear to have a follower spell in the current iteration of your modlist.  Is this because of a problem with follower mods and Sexlab or one of its associated mods?  Just trying to get some insight into this problem. 

Just a question on possibility. was it a mage type follower, or was it a follower like lydia who doesn't really have any scripts for magic.

3 hours ago, Dez65 said:

I notice that you do not appear to have a follower spell in the current iteration of your modlist.  Is this because of a problem with follower mods and Sexlab or one of its associated mods?  Just trying to get some insight into this problem. 

I'm not so fond of followers as i havn't found one that isn't either annoying or simply a PITA. 

I've been pushed over cliffs, have only a few seconds to shoot (or the follower will bump into me), killed 'cause the follower thought it was a good idea to alert every enemy in the area, and so on and so on...

Wish we had Ivy from FO4 for Skyrim. Thats the best one i ever had (after you tone her down a bit).

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

Just a question on possibility. was it a mage type follower, or was it a follower like lydia who doesn't really have any scripts for magic.

In the most recent playthrough, it was Lydia.  I also believe that the issue with the earlier playthrough was both with Lydia and with another non-mage follower.

1 hour ago, ralchemilla said:

i have been reading a lil, is a lil confused with the 255 plugin/mod limit thingy, i wonder if there is a need to consider using tools like Wrye Bash, SSEEdit with Merge Plugins to reduce the number of total plugins? 

if so, how should we know which to bash patch or merge, or what would be the recommended steps to do so ?__? 

I've also been reading up on this. As far as I understand it the plugin limit of 255 is only for ESP and there are enough ESLs and ESPFEs that you will not hit the plugin limit using the guide as outlined, although if I am wrong someone else please feel free to correct me.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if there are any problems with flagging some of the ESPs as ESLs to free up some additional plugin space so I can mess around with new mods in another profile?

2 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

i have been reading a lil, is a lil confused with the 255 plugin/mod limit thingy, i wonder if there is a need to consider using tools like Wrye Bash, SSEEdit with Merge Plugins to reduce the number of total plugins? 

if so, how should we know which to bash patch or merge, or what would be the recommended steps to do so ?__? 

Normally what I do is, merge all the single armor mods into one, not the big packs just single or small packs.  Do the same for all the weapons mods if you have any.  Then do the same for all the oddball utility type stuff, mods that change crime reporting, ones that stop npc's jumping sideways just as you shoot them with bows things like that.

This mod list does not have a need for a conflict resolution patch, but if you add mods not on it you may well need one, this could be done with xedit/smash or if you really want to do things manually, though even if you use bash/smash to automate things, chance are you will still want to go through it and check the contents to make sure it is actually what you want rather than what some program has decided you want.

If you want to and know how you could also merge all the hair/face eye mods, though if they are master files for anything you are better of not merging them, as in that case you would need to go through every mod that used the previous single mod as a master and change them to the new merge, and if those mods update you would then need to do it again.

NPC replacers and such could also be merged, but they can be a bit on and off as to how well it works, and you would need to know what to look for in the merge to make sure it has been done correctly.

so im  heavy confused here im not use to this type of layeout when modding so odnt understand what the hell im to do here why is mod list and installation 2 seperate things like how am i to look at the mod list then know how im to install it at what point and when since the install ation part is all over the place with the body at top instead of the enb and dyndolod i dont know its just confusing the fuck out of me need a bit more clarification on what iv to do here? sorry fro grammer and puntuation have issues with that stuff

1 hour ago, scottlang said:

so im  heavy confused here im not use to this type of layeout when modding so odnt understand what the hell im to do here why is mod list and installation 2 seperate things like how am i to look at the mod list then know how im to install it at what point and when since the install ation part is all over the place with the body at top instead of the enb and dyndolod i dont know its just confusing the fuck out of me need a bit more clarification on what iv to do here? sorry fro grammer and puntuation have issues with that stuff

Just follow the guide on page one from the very top item down, go through each section item by item, if you are unsure or the instructions for install are funny or hard to understand, then go look for a video guide about the install, or ask here for specific help about them.  To be honest this is one of the easiest install guides I have seen, there are not bash/smash or conflict resolution patches required or anything like that.  The only one I have seen that was easier was for wabbajack and even that had me going, hmm what, now and then.

Though  you are using mo2 for your mod manager, if not then this guide will be a bit odd, as the install order is the left pane order for the game, as well as pretty much the right pane esp/esm load order as well, with a few changes here and there due to some of the mods adding esm as well as esp, and I am not going to get into the way esl work as that does my head in when sorting load order out due to various things.

@Skata20

Thats not my type of gameplay. So i won't add it, but you can do that if you like.

@ZeDuke

The problem is that there are two different AIO and those are not compatible when it comes to the patch. In regard to the bodyslides it shouldn't matter as the armors are always the same.

8 hours ago, scottlang said:

What specifically do you have trouble with? Not sure which clarification to provide.

ENB and DynDOLOD are separate from the normal mods you would install. When you set up SSE to enable mods by copying it into the Skyrim game folder, you are also going to want to drop the ENB files into that folder as well. When I was getting started, I ended up looking up YouTube videos to show how to do this and I recommend doing the same. DynDOLOD is a bit trickier as it is a separate program, but again Google instructions for how to install it and it will make sense. Honestly, if you're just getting started I might recommend you don't even mess with DynDOLOD, as it's the most complicated bit and you can always come back later after you get the hang of "the basics" and worry about it then. Note that there are mods in the list like "ENB Helper" and "DynDOLOD" resources, but these are just normal mods that assist ENB and DynDOLOD and can just be installed as normal.

Like Varithina said, start at the top and work your way down. Watch videos, including how to use MO2. It's a little bit of work to understand how everything works but it's worth it I believe. At the bottom of the list is where you'll find patches, recommended settings, etc. But for the most part, get MO2 running and start installing from top to bottom.

26 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Like Varithina said, start at the top and work your way down. Watch videos, including how to use MO2. It's a little bit of work to understand how everything works but it's worth it I believe. At the bottom of the list is where you'll find patches, recommended settings, etc. But for the most part, get MO2 running and start installing from top to bottom.

My suggestion would be to include the preferred settings for any mod that has an installer, there and then in the list rather than at the bottom of it, it would make it much easier and cleaner to install for most people.

So with the audio overhaul skyrim mod there is no skse folder in the mod, i looked for it by opening it in file browser, but its just an .esp, .bsl, 2 .ini's,  .bsa, a .modgroups, one .txt and an interface file with translation .txts, im unsure what the skse file had in it so i just listed the components of the folder in case any of these subfiles are what needs to be deleted, also with regards to PC head tracking and voice type, do i download the main file and the voice types optional file or just the optional file?

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Then this was finally fixed in the update. 3.2 still got that folder inside...

well glad thats not an issue, though with the pc head tracking mod is it just the optional file or the main and the optional? by the way thanks for the fast responses to this its been extremely helpful.

With a hundred pages of posts and links, I am trying to get some assist in locating something quickly. Do you have a load order post with the entire list? I am at the 3rd list of mods (SKSE Extensions) and as I installed things, some of them had requirements that I do not see in your lists. For example, the grass mods in your Foundations section require "Cathedral Weathers" and "Landscapes - Cathedral concept." Did you install these as well? Where in the order are they?

Also, some of the early mods require things like SkyUI, which you load in later. Since I'm a total noob, it's confusing me as to the order these should go in. The closest thing to a functioning playthrough with a mod load this big used Automation for it's install, so I really don't know what I'm doing here. Please assist?

@Varithina

Already tried that. But i already hit the limit for that post twice and had to rewrite 'a few' things.

@ingeloak

The next one who thinks too much...

Some 'requirements' are simply NOT required. So they won't appear in the list.

For the second part (see post #3):

On 3/17/2019 at 7:03 PM, Aylis said:

I always install the mods in the same order they are listed. At the end, when everything is installed i manually move the ESM to the top (while keeping the order in which they were installed) and check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Already tried that. But i already hit the limit for that post twice and had to rewrite 'a few' things.

Hmm, split the post again maybe, as the guide gets more complicated chances are you will need to that anyway, sooner or later.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:09 AM, Aylis said:

@ZeDuke

The problem is that there are two different AIO and those are not compatible when it comes to the patch. In regard to the bodyslides it shouldn't matter as the armors are always the same.

If you rename the .esp on any of the bijin AIO 2018,2019,2020 to JUST Bijin AIO.esp the bodyslide files work. The bodyslide and texture is only looking for a esp named bijin aio, it finds that it's happy and no errors thrown out by MO2

2 hours ago, ingeloak said:

With a hundred pages of posts and links, I am trying to get some assist in locating something quickly. Do you have a load order post with the entire list? I am at the 3rd list of mods (SKSE Extensions) and as I installed things, some of them had requirements that I do not see in your lists. For example, the grass mods in your Foundations section require "Cathedral Weathers" and "Landscapes - Cathedral concept." Did you install these as well? Where in the order are they?

Also, some of the early mods require things like SkyUI, which you load in later. Since I'm a total noob, it's confusing me as to the order these should go in. The closest thing to a functioning playthrough with a mod load this big used Automation for it's install, so I really don't know what I'm doing here. Please assist?

Install the mods as listed, and activate (using mo2) as listed. The way they are listed is the EXACT way they are. 

Here is the top of mine.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.40da8c6c94410300b1049e1449e63762.png

Ignore mods you see that are not on the @Aylislist as i have added some i feel are awesome in their own right (2 races, definitely slooty outfits and flying). If you add mods of your own, you will not get support from aylis on those mods, but if you are having an issue post about it anyway, I've janked my own install numerous times and can at least help you narrow it down to one of 3 things. Corrupt file/bad install, user error, bad mod placement. and for the kids in the back..

DO NOT USE LOOT

This mod list is already presorted for you. This is not like Fallout 76. As far as this list goes to quote Fraud Howard "It just Works". Other than fuz-ro-doh throwing a script into your overwrite at first start-up with this mod list (make a mod and call it SKSE extra scripts) you should have zero stability issues. 

However, if you choose to ignore this warning. You are On Your Own. You have 2 options. delete the entire mod list and reinstall (not redownload) the entire list in order by filetime, or take the time to manually sort the list (all mods checked off) on the left then activate them one by one. DO NOT ACTIVATE ALL at the same time. It will not be in order in the right pane (mine wasn't) and it takes more time than just clicking 400+ check boxes.