Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@LANDWARRIOR

1. Finding updates for mods here can be challenging. Looks like you found an update to the mod i linked to. Updated the link.

2. Atm everything that changes children will conflict. @Narue is working hard on it (Thanks Narue :)) and there are a few additional things planned. But this simply takes time and, if i find changes, i'll update the list accordingly.

3. Already answered by Jaeos. ?

4. Same. Last time i checked that was only a layer on top of the 'normal' map.

5. 'Better' depends on your point of view. CBBE is easier and you can modify the body to your liking with all the available bodyslides. 3BBB is imo an excellent iteration of the replacer (thats why i included it here and rebuilt the guide for it).

I may have found something for FO4 that will be useful in Skyrim as well. But i got to tinker more with it...

Got permission to modify Lothlorien Bow for the list. Hopefully i am able to rework it as a replacer for the elvish bows (the mesh already works but the textures are tricky).

2 hours ago, Wizardo of Oz said:

even with the guide I'm still confused as fck. Do I install everything on post#2? On the foundation? Or do I just choose what I want? Do I install under physics tab?

Have you read post #3?

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Have you read post #3?

it suggests to install everything. But on the picture in the list, not everything is installed. So I'm not sure if the all under physics for example has to be installed. im sorry if I sound dumb, it's been awhile since I last used mods 

1 hour ago, Wizardo of Oz said:

it suggests to install everything. But on the picture in the list, not everything is installed. So I'm not sure if the all under physics for example has to be installed. im sorry if I sound dumb, it's been awhile since I last used mods 

reading.jpg.a94938e5c0313191b9dbf8b90d915c52.jpg

2 hours ago, Wizardo of Oz said:

The ones marked 'optional' are not required but recommended (or tested). 

The mods that don't have that tag are not optional (if you want the same look as in the screenshots) and should be installed.

5 hours ago, KouNichan said:

i can't access to The kid are alright mod, because it hidden from author.

I'm reuploading the file now. As usual some idiots ruin something good for everyone else...

Done and reworked the list for the required changes.

@Wizardo of Oz

And that pic is in regard to the ESM not the list itself. Not every mod got an ESM (or ESP or ESL) so it can't show up there.

Make a guess how many screenshots i'd have to make to cover the list...

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.f3a1f6616934033a15a6629ebdf1f8ce.jpg

Besides even if i made them they would differ from the list as i only tested some mods (which were asked for) but don't intend to use in my build.

hey there, entry 23 in the Foundation section is confusing me. 

it says to get Majestic Mountains from nexus but there are 3 files that sound similar: majestic mountains mainfile, majestic mountains mainfile darkside, majestic mountains mainfile lightside.

do i only need the mainfile or should i also get mainfile darkside and mainfile lightside ?

Nevermind, reading the info page on Majestic Mountains it says you only need one of the 3 mainfiles

4 minutes ago, murdermusic69 said:

hey there, entry 23 in the Foundation section is confusing me. 

it says to get Majestic Mountains from nexus but there are 3 files that sound similar: majestic mountains mainfile, majestic mountains mainfile darkside, majestic mountains mainfile lightside.

do i only need the mainfile or should i also get mainfile darkside and mainfile lightside ?

You only need one of them, choose either the main, the darkside or lightside, and make sure that any patches that are asked for it also use the same, either main, dark or light.  So if you choose the light side version, then make sure that any patches called for also use the light side version.

Hello it's me again i hope i'm not asking too many questions.

Under SKSE Extensions it says to get

Skyrim SE Shader Bundle - 1.5.73 and earlier

But the rest of the guide is done for skyrim version 1.5.97

Can anyone confirm this is not a typing mistake and the correct version of skyrim se shader bundle is indeed 1.5.73 ?

Man I really need to stop asking questions without thinking.

As it turns out, upon further re-reading i have discovered that ENB helper and ENB helper shader bundle are two separate things, you need ENB helper version 1.5.97 but shader bundle version 1.5.73 because apparently the shaders included in ENB helper version 1.5.80 and higher have some issues.

Prepping the next update...

Upcoming changes:

Foundation:

Skyrim Project Optimization SE (Use 'Full' and 'ESM'. For my list this is the right spot.)

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE - MM Patch

Textures:

Deathbell by Mari

Ivy by Mari (This will replace the old texture for Ivy we're using now)

Nightshade by Mari

Tundra cotton by Mari

Skyrim 3D Docks and Boardwalks

Physics and Animation:

Better Female for XPMSSE (Renamed to keep it short)

1hm and Dual Wield Animations Overhaul SSE

Witcher-Style Power Attack Animation

Relaxed Sneak Animations

Updating status to '2.1.8'.

Refining textures and meshes. Sadly the bow is still causing problems and the textures don't work. So i'm still trying to figure it out...

As there are no major changes to textures you don't have to rerun DynDOLOD. But don't forget to rerun FNIS for the new animations.

REMOVED mods:

Textures:

High Definition Ivy                                                    (Obsolete with the new file)

R's Farmhouse Red Ivy                                              (Obsolete with the new file)

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Skyrim Project Optimization SE                                 (Use 'Full' and 'ESM'. For my list this is the right spot.)

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE

HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit SE - MM Patch

Textures:

Deathbell by Mari                                                       (Use the one you like best)

Ivy by Mari                                                                  (This replaced the old texture for Ivy we were using)

Nightshade by Mari                                                    (Use the one you like best)

Tundra cotton by Mari

Skyrim 3D Docks and Boardwalks

Physics and Animation:

Better Female for XPMSSE                                          (Renamed to keep it short)

1hm and Dual Wield Animations Overhaul SSE

Witcher-Style Power Attack Animation

Relaxed Sneak Animations

Testing atm:

Nothing. Finetuning, bugfixing, removing redundant mods and 'a few' more batches to remove redundant files.

And now i'm off for my first coffee...

hey i'd like to take this chance to ask you a question. i noticed the batch files require i name my mods the same as you, should i use the names in the modlist in the first post ?

I also noticed with this update you are renaming/replacing a few mods,  I am currently in the middle of downloading the texture section and I would like to know if I can keep following the obsolete list or if i should make any changes.

thank you for your time !

@murdermusic69

1. Yes

2. The list is already updated. The post about changes is mostly for those who already used the list before.

I simply hate it when i have to check every post of a mod for hidden updates or patches. Here you'll always find everything and the up-to-date build on the first page. The thread is mostly for discussions and suggestions (a lot of those ended up in the list ;)). Also informations where i changed something and often enough 'why'.

@Aylis - I want to thank you for putting together this guide.

I've followed all of your directions but there is one thing I am confused about:

Devious Devices - In DD's FAQ it states that the mod is only a framework and does nothing without supporting mods. I couldn't find a mod in your guide list that requires DD. According to your current list, is DD doing anything? How do you acquire/use the items that DD provides with your current mod list? Sorry, I'm new at this...

2 hours ago, Tzser said:

Devious Devices - In DD's FAQ it states that the mod is only a framework and does nothing without supporting mods. I couldn't find a mod in your guide list that requires DD. According to your current list, is DD doing anything? How do you acquire/use the items that DD provides with your current mod list? Sorry, I'm new at this...

The mod 'Sisterhood of Dibella' requires it (i really wish it didn't).

Same goes for a few other mods by that author and almost everything else regarding parasites, slavery and S/M. 

1 hour ago, Hitom said:

Nvm. FIgured it out. New Dawn of Skyrim update was the issue. 

?

Less typing for me. ;)