Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

My invisible guards problem. I can't find the source of the problem. Has to be some of the guards editing mods.

If i happen to disable the correct mod will I see the change, or will I have to run DynDOLOD again?

the one with the cloak is my personal favorite.
Whiterun guards are all just floating heads..

19 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@H0rnyH0rse

I'd assume the same mod as jaeos. Check the meshes (missing texture is usually visible but blue/purple).

@jaeos

I don't use DCL as way too many people have problems with it.

Yup, i just redid the LL section. now it's a ctd when i sleep.. but it was the first time after install, may be a script out of whack.

@H0rnyH0rse @aylis is right, it's missing the mesh, not the texture. if you want to see what that would look like open the racemenu ingame (hit ~ then showracemenu) navigate to the face paint and choose a paint that has not been implemented. ( i use natureborn bodypaints and spells for the spells) 

Sidenote: that is the same mod i run and all of mine look normal. Try going into SOS (shlongs of skyrim) and cleaning the armors

Hi, i have a few questions. First how much "ordinator" affects the dificulty? And second "Wait Carriage in Towns" its something else that disable fast travel, this mod disable it or its untouched?

so turns out that despite me changing the path of modmanager to a normal folder it decided to change it back to using an appdata folder and none of the batches worked. I moved all the mods manually to the folder I actually wanted to used but now everything is sorted alphabetically. Is there any feasible way to fix this or do i basically have to manually sort 500+ mods. If I do have to manually sort them I think I might cry and then just take some of the mods I want from this because I'm not sure if I've just lost like 6 hours of work here.

45 minutes ago, gorsu said:

Hi, i have a few questions. First how much "ordinator" affects the dificulty? And second "Wait Carriage in Towns" its something else that disable fast travel, this mod disable it or its untouched?

Ordinator doesn't affect difficulty to bad, but it does slow down the advancement of levels. You won't be able to blow through the main quest in an hour...

fast travel is untouched, but for a low level being able to take a carriage to almost every little town is pretty invaluable 

22 minutes ago, shoobagoo said:

so turns out that despite me changing the path of modmanager to a normal folder it decided to change it back to using an appdata folder and none of the batches worked. I moved all the mods manually to the folder I actually wanted to used but now everything is sorted alphabetically. Is there any feasible way to fix this or do i basically have to manually sort 500+ mods. If I do have to manually sort them I think I might cry and then just take some of the mods I want from this because I'm not sure if I've just lost like 6 hours of work here.

Locate your loadorder.txt (mo/profiles/default(if you never made a profile) loadorder.txt). Mine will not be the same, and it only deals with esp/esl mods. A different option is to delete the mods (not the downloads) and reinstall them (i'm assuming you downloaded them in order as well)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f0b19453676641b0fcdab2f95ab4c012.png

and here is my mod list and load order list. (it may help in sorting, but i don't have all the mods on the list, and a few the list doesn't have.

18 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Ordinator doesn't affect difficulty to bad, but it does slow down the advancement of levels. You won't be able to blow through the main quest in an hour...

fast travel is untouched, but for a low level being able to take a carriage to almost every little town is pretty invaluable 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, shoobagoo said:

@jaeosthank you for the information. I ended up just redownloading what I wanted from the modpack in the correct order. A weird thing happened tho it seems like all of the eps are totally out of order so I guess I have to fix that.

What is it doing? or i should say what happens just before the crash? is it creating a new PC? or is it when you type in showracemenu in game?

Don't feel bad.. My pc just took a massive shit on windows. all of my mods are still there. but like you they are now all alphabetical. so i am about to do what i told you to do and paste my modlist, loadorder list etc into a new profile and see what all i can get up and running

EDIT: and it's all back.. 

Whew. i was worried. 

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

What is it doing? or i should say what happens just before the crash? is it creating a new PC? or is it when you type in showracemenu in game?

Don't feel bad.. My pc just took a massive shit on windows. all of my mods are still there. but like you they are now all alphabetical. so i am about to do what i told you to do and paste my modlist, loadorder list etc into a new profile and see what all i can get up and running

EDIT: and it's all back.. 

Whew. i was worried. 

Looks like you dodged the bullet there :P
Matrix Bullet Dodge | Know Your Meme

About my armor Problem...

grafik.thumb.png.5b8210af5b64db2ee1688db54996ee17.png

You were right on the first guess again. The guards have bodies and clothes again and can now sleep safely with their helmets on :P (#immersive!!)
The ones guarding the gates are naked now (i suppose it is because i have already encountered those).
So I would have to reset them all via console? But then. Some naked guards, who cares..?

grafik.thumb.png.45baa5633ec5d1547b9c40bd7fca7dbc.png

I have some other minor issues to debug still. Once everything seems to work I will actually start plaing. Maybe. (many of the loverslab mods are buggy as hell)
Really thank you guys for all the help so far!! Having a blast modding this old game.

@Aylis I have made quite a few notes about the guide and begiiners issues in general. Should I post them here? I thought I could alternatively write a little post that intended as a primer for the absolute beginner that could end up linking to some of the best guides I found. Just wondering how I could contribute honestly.

5 hours ago, H0rnyH0rse said:

Looks like you dodged the bullet there :P

About my armor Problem...

You were right on the first guess again. The guards have bodies and clothes again and can now sleep safely with their helmets on :P (#immersive!!)
The ones guarding the gates are naked now (i suppose it is because i have already encountered those).
So I would have to reset them all via console? But then. Some naked guards, who cares..?

go into firstperson view walk up to them hit the ` key click on the guard and type recycleactor (recycle actor) they will disappear and reappear where their original npc marker shows them to be. and they should have their uniform on.

Not really. now i am trying to figure out why it acts like it is starting a new game and the facegen data is gone on my saves. i moved the saved games folder out of C drive and turned off uac and gave MO2 admin powers. still don't get it.

EDIT: fixed. Turns out sometimes it will load over 255 esp/esl mods and forget what the first mods were. so reducing the number of mods fixed it

Spoiler

Thats why MO has "create backup" and "restore" buttons for both the left and right panes. After each update here, I'll make new backups and delete the old ones. If my other profiles get to far out of wack, I'll paste that backup into the profile/ "nameofprofile" folder and use restore to quickly correct the install and/or load orders.

But then again, I'm probably more paranoid than most, because I know that feeling when you open MO and you see your mods listed in alphabetical order.

FYI I keep a backup of my backup because I once had a 3rd party cleaning tool erase those MO txt files.

@shoobagoo So when I was first learning to use MO2 I did something very similar to what happened to you. It may be easier to just start over, but if you decide to try to move them around manually it may not be as hard as you think.

What I would do:

1 - Highlight all your mods and disable every one of them from the left list.

2 - Go through Aylis's mod list. Start at the top (Static Mesh Improvement Mod). Right click and select "move to bottom". Counterintuitive, but do it. Do this for every mod in the exact order as the list (mod #1 - move to bottom, mod #2 - move to bottom, mod #3 - move to bottom, etc.). If you're sending them all to the bottom one by one, at the very end you will have it arranged with SMIM at the top and DynDOLOD output at the bottom in the right order.

3 - Now go through and click the checkbox to activate your mods ONE BY ONE. This will make the plugins order on the righthand side match the mod order of the lefthand side. It has to be one by one (starting at the top and working your way down obviously) because if you highlight a few and try to activate the mods all at once MO2 seems to put the plugins in a random order, which will definitely muck up the build order.

4 - Finally do as the list says and move your .esm plugins to the top.

This sounds like a pain, but it doesn't take that long (like 20 minutes). If there are substantial changes during one of Aylis's updates I usually end up doing this anyway just for peace of mind and to do a quick sanity check for my load order.

@H0rnyH0rse There's a mod that's isn't part of the load order that I like because it makes people disrobe when they are sleeping. Having people sleep in armor breaks my immersion big time. I've added it to my load order along with Aylis's and it works fine. There are even options to have people sleep naked (obviously my preference :| ), have them wear nightgowns, and even have people (usually bandits) sleeping in hostile areas wear their chest armor but take off their helmets, boots, etc. I like it quite a bit. I place it in the "override" section at the bottom of Aylis's list underneath Armor Rating Redux.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20680

sorry.. to bother, i have been having this weird 'vanilla underwear bug' for human males with their schlongs protruding out of their underwears during sexlab scenes, i am sure i downloaded the right files for SOS, and.. i even attempted to redownload them, but this problem persists.. its awkward looking at those schlongs tearing through fabric each time ; ;

i also attached.. MO2's load order with all the 'highlighted' overrides in red on SOS SE, i did try removing 'Rustic Clothing" vanilla underwear textures, but the problem persists too.. ><'

Is there something i may have missed, or..  ?__?

SOS vanilla underwear bug.png

SOS vanilla underwear bug - other 'highlighted' conflicts.png

SOS vanilla underwear bug - other 'highlighted' overrides.png

@ralchemilla

Try reinstalling the textures for the guys and use the nude option. Also check if they get overwritten somewhere.

@wollboi

Sounds interesting. I'll take a look at it.

@jaeos

Have you seen this one? THeHAG's and BladeSinger's Private Facial Tattoos and Warpaints

Upcoming changes:

Textures:

Ivy by Mari (This will replace the old texture for Ivy we're using now)

Tundra cotton by Mari

Physics and Animation:

Better Female for XPMSSE (Renamed to keep it short)

1hm and Dual Wield Animations Overhaul SSE

Witcher-Style Power Attack Animation

Relaxed Sneak Animations

Testing:

Sleep Tight SE.

@jaeos @wollboi thank you both of your for your suggestions I ended up just reinstalling the mods I was interested and skipped most of the texture and area Mods and tbh with how my computer runs with just 200 or so of these mods I was never gonna have this modlist work. Luckily this modlist contains the key to SE modding that i couldnt find and kept me in oldrim, the body mods. The problem I'm running into however is that I dont really have a clue how to use bodyslide to do what I want even with looking at the quite detailed guide given. Maybe the physics being downloaded in this modlist are just silly but I have found that even on the seemingly subdued setting they everything really bounds and stretched whenever my character jumps.