Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

7 minutes ago, fgh1t6 said:

That is the soft body problem that has been discussed many time, check the first page:

DOA6 Soft Body Mesh Editing Plug-in for blender here!

i have the pugin.
But how i apply it to the new version of ayanes body

Thanks for your help
i can use kasumis soft body,
If i apply it and than save it to ib/vb does it work

i trying to understand blender and other stuff

1 hour ago, HyperBob said:

>How do i fix this?

You have to import vgmap (I don't know if it's Kasumi's one or Ayane's one), my first try did the same.

Clic the mesh, import same number vgmap then export .vb/.ib

>And another question what is the 4D error?

I don't know.

Now i start from scratch
I used your ayane topless for export ib/vb and vgmap
Imported it in blender 4D error
Now i delete Ayanes left and right breast and importet Kasumis left and right (exportet version with the corect index of Ayanes breasts, if i delete breast 15 some vectores in the back got deleted too. but i guess its okay for my test)

After that i imported Ayanes Soft body on the mesh ( from your topless g1m)
Than i imported vgmap from topless body.
i got a error that Ayanes vgmap is mot a 3D Migoto mesh but its imported anyway.
Exported the mesh.

I got a location error

1037489335_vgmapderror.jpg.15de96746a8ac5fa1873db6d8490b3b1.jpg

Lovcation error

151683049_locationerror.jpg.cc35c2f882997d9dc674ff367aaaaf5e.jpg

Edit:
After factory reset and downloading.
3D Migoto and Softbody .py
The same location error

And again sorry fpr my noobish questions

24 minutes ago, snake230 said:

Now i start from scratch
I used your ayane topless for export ib/vb and vgmap
Imported it in blender 4D error
Now i delete Ayanes left and right breast and importet Kasumis left and right (exportet version with the corect index of Ayanes breasts, if i delete breast 15 some vectores in the back got deleted too. but i guess its okay for my test)

After that i imported Ayanes Soft body on the mesh ( from your topless g1m)
Than i imported vgmap from topless body.
i got a error that Ayanes vgmap is mot a 3D Migoto mesh but its imported anyway.

Edit:
After factory reset and downloading.
3D Migoto and Softbody .py
The same location error

And again sorry fpr my noobish questions

Import the vi/ib files of parts you want to use,, import soft body with menu "file"->"import"->"DOA6 soft body". in object mode, select one of the little cube, and then shift+click  select the part under the cube, push space key, type in "update Doa6" should have only one option left, click and wait ... it take s a while to complete. then export the parts as 3dmigoto raw buff and imprt with g1m_import.exe

Go further to edit the dropping shape of the breast is much more difficult. As shown in the case I am working on, helena received the breast parts from her other costume with no problem, but AYA's have a spike. I think it is due to the soft body defined by costume, seems no way out yet.

sfb.png

4 hours ago, snake230 said:

And another question what is the 4D error?

You get the 4D error whenever you try to import any thing that looks like a skirt, dress, etc. Or more in concrete, "animated" skirts/dresses (things that move).

You get the error because the vertices positions & normals don't have 3D data, but 4D. Apparently these meshes are transformed by the game with data from another g1m sections called NUNO and NUNV (which currently my tool will ignore), so after some operations, the game gets the final vertex data, as obivously, the data is not really 4D...

I haven't looked yet into those sections in detail, but from the little I saw, the problem won't be so much exporting the data to blender, but importing it back into .g1m, as it would require to split the edited meshes into the normal mesh and the NUNO/NUNV data.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

You get the 4D error whenever you try to import any thing that looks like a skirt, dress, etc. Or more in concrete, "animated" skirts/dresses (things that move).

You get the error because the vertices positions & normals don't have 3D data, but 4D. Apparently these meshes are transformed by the game with data from another g1m sections called NUNO and NUNV (which currently my tool will ignore), so after some operations, the game gets the final vertex data, as obivously, the data is not really 4D...

I haven't looked yet into those sections in detail, but from the little I saw, the problem won't be so much exporting the data to blender, but importing it back into .g1m, as it would require to split the edited meshes into the normal mesh and the NUNO/NUNV data.

Thanks for your explanation

Spoiler
2 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

Import the vi/ib files of parts you want to use,, import soft body with menu "file"->"import"->"DOA6 soft body". in object mode, select one of the little cube, and then shift+click  select the part under the cube, push space key, type in "update Doa6" should have only one option left, click and wait ... it take s a while to complete. then export the parts as 3dmigoto raw buff and imprt with g1m_import.exe

Go further to edit the dropping shape of the breast is much more difficult. As shown in the case I am working on, helena received the breast parts from her other costume with no problem, but AYA's have a spike. I think it is due to the soft body defined by costume, seems no way out yet.

sfb.png

Import one breast with ib/vb
Import Ayane Soft body
Right click on cube right click on breast part, spacebar and update.
Export it with 3dmigoto raw buff and called it 14(index)

Delete the parts
And then i did the same with

Called it 15(index)

But ingame it looks like this.
Thanks for helping me.
But now i dont know why it looks like this.
Used your guide

Maby i am to stupid ^^

20190508181542_1.jpg

i tryed it with hitomi used topless version and i edited the original.
This happends
But with this cos no vertex error

20190508183749_1.jpg

Looks abit like a breastplate.
But i dont know why its showing

Now i fixed it.
I extracted the moddet files from picture above.
Imported it in blender.

Noticed on index 7 vertex error.
After that i hided the index 7 with g1m hide.

Now it works
By far not perfect.
But this can i call my first DoA6 mod
Only possible because of you guys

Thanks

Next Ayane need a fix but how ^^

20190508185347_1.jpg

Just a simole mesh edit far from good.
Need to learn how edit meshes.
So that it looks good.
Not like this.
But happy that its something like a mod

Edit the xxxx timed
Maby  index 7 was importand.
Hitomi lost her legs ^^

Edit now she got her legs back.
Sorry if this much is considered spam

20190508192238_1.jpg

Hitomi Deluxe 2.rar

3 hours ago, snake230 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for your explanation

Reveal hidden contents

Import one breast with ib/vb
Import Ayane Soft body
Right click on cube right click on breast part, spacebar and update.
Export it with 3dmigoto raw buff and called it 14(index)

Delete the parts
And then i did the same with

Called it 15(index)

But ingame it looks like this.
Thanks for helping me.
But now i dont know why it looks like this.
Used your guide

Maby i am to stupid ^^

20190508181542_1.jpg

Don't panic, that is common! that is caused by the imported part contains bone vertex groups not listed in the vgmap. Just check the vertex groups in teh imported mesh compared with the .vgmap file and remove them. 

1 hour ago, Aarachu said:

I hope Christie doesn't find out that Rig has borrowed her outfit! ?

Looks good matey.  I am sure Christie wont mind, she always seemed like the type who would actually enjoy seeing a guy wear this and would happily share.

1 hour ago, Aarachu said:

I hope Christie doesn't find out that Rig has borrowed her outfit! ?

Incredible work again Aarachu, I love it. ? I think Christie is not bothered, she is probably proud the male characters start using bondage costumes too. ?

there was this photo of christies ass with similar look, could that be a lightning or shader error?

blender did that to me sometimes in skyrim,moving the vertice a bit inward or outward solved it.

in ur case it might be a weightpaint error, i have no clue :P

thanks for the effort to all modders.

6 minutes ago, me3 said:

there was this photo of christies ass with similar look, could that be a lightning or shader error?

blender did that to me sometimes in skyrim,moving the vertice a bit inward or outward solved it.

in ur case it might be a weightpaint error, i have no clue :P

thanks for the effort to all modders.

Maby i should use Hitomis topless soft body on this.
Will try this later
For me iam happy to do some stuff.
Dont realy have any skill in modding

20190509143542_1.jpg

On 5/7/2019 at 7:11 AM, FlailingBoar said:

If you're talking about switching around win/lose animations, then they're in the RRPreview file.

The new ones that were added in the recent patch don't have file names like the base ones and are hard to find (I gave up on finding Honoka's winking one after a couple hours).

I think character select animations can be placed as win animations as well. Here's a couple I messed with. 

Hide contents

Honoka doing Zack's win pose

838380_20190429002026_1.png.bf4b7a26bc82ad6af2a58527d8a594ab.png

NiCO with Lei Fang's losing animation

838380_20190428205324_1.png.619d03cc3b5df2bd0dbc836eee40fac9.png

NiCO with Honoka's original win animation

838380_20190428205221_1.thumb.png.bc8a6e41de07d966dc17d0e7af9ad297.png

I'm not sure what animation this is but I tried it on Marie

838380_20190430032215_1.thumb.png.f6bab515b32b67593a1cc029ee1565f9.png

And Christie's win animation on Marie

When I win the fight, my character shows the winning animation. These animations are sometimes different, and sometimes I still have one the same. Which key and when do I need to press to make the animation different? It is boring when Kasumi does the same after each win fight.

29 minutes ago, tоufu said:

I'm sorry. Thank you for the information. Well, I leave you alone.

No, he wasn't saying for you to leave him alone, he meant the modder "leave me alone" has left as well

On 5/8/2019 at 11:50 AM, fgh1t6 said:

sfb.png

When I try to "Update DO6" it gives me an error "Selected object does not have expected TEXCOORD8+9 UV layers"