Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

24 minutes ago, Fulanoo said:

When I try to "Update DO6" it gives me an error "Selected object does not have expected TEXCOORD8+9 UV layers"

I got this error because i clicked on the wrong mesh.

I wanted to update the breast part.

Clicked on the neck area.

Maby this is the case.

What want you to update.

I guess ist only works on mesh with movement, like beeast and clothes near them.

But i realy dont know it.

Maby someone else knows this.

49 minutes ago, snake230 said:

I got this error because i clicked on the wrong mesh.

I wanted to update the breast part.

Clicked on the neck area.

Maby this is the case.

What want you to update.

I guess ist only works on mesh with movement, like beeast and clothes near them.

But i realy dont know it.

Maby someone else knows this.

I got it fixed somehow, I think I was using the wrong soft body, now I'm getting that same error you got:
20190508181542_1.jpg.bfb13f6f6329043f643dbd56ca347d7f.jpg.0bc4c5443562866bd56be1ba0627b939.jpg

@fgh1t6 said something about checking the vertex groups in the imported mesh compared with the .vgmap file and remove them. Don't really know how to do that

is there any tutorial of "how to export" and "how to import"?

i have get blender2.79 and g1mtools_0.6b(also blender_3dmigoto.py &decode_doa6_soft.py)

about 2~3years ago i use blender modified many costumes...

(lnk_reshuffle-v5.6,Noesis 4.1.7.4,Texture Tool_1.2, Archive Tool 1.2.1, TMC Polygon Insert Tool, TMC Polygon Tool.exe etc.)

but now almost every tool is new...

10 minutes ago, HyperBob said:

Go to "user preference" / "ADD-ON" / "Install add on from file" and install both script

Now:

- File, import .vb+.ib (you can import all meshes by clicking first file then CTRL+SHIFT+click on the last mesh)

After editing:

select edited mesh

- File, import, vgmap of that mesh

- File export

I don't know if anyone do the same but it works for me.

Should I apply the vgmap before or after doing the whole "Update DOA6 soft body vertex positions"?
I'm trying to import a mesh from another character, should I use the vgmap of the character I'm trying to modify or from the one I'm importing the mesh?

16 minutes ago, HyperBob said:

Go to "user preference" / "ADD-ON" / "Install add on from file" and install both script

Now: 

- File, import .vb+.ib (you can import all meshes by clicking first file then CTRL+SHIFT+click on the last mesh)

After editing:

select edited mesh

- File, import, vgmap of that mesh 

- File export 

I don't know if anyone do the same but it works for me.

thank you so much, i just tried and it works.

one more question, how can i get(or export from) the g1m and G1T files?

when i download the 6\REDELBE MODs, it always have 2 files, one g1m file in CharacterEditor folder and one G1T files in materialEditor folder.

thanks again!

9 minutes ago, diopex said:

thank you so much, i just tried and it works.

one more question, how can i get(or export from) the g1m and G1T files?

when i download the 6\REDELBE MODs, it always have 2 files, one g1m file in CharacterEditor folder and one G1T files in materialEditor folder.

thanks again!

You need rdbtool, there's a link on the first post

5 hours ago, ydanz said:

No, he wasn't saying for you to leave him alone, he meant the modder "leave me alone" has left as well

4 hours ago, snake230 said:

I dont meant that you leave me alone.

The modder leave me alone is gone too.

Now I understand.? I did not listen about such a modder.

Why did they leave? Can we hope they come back?

3 minutes ago, tоufu said:

Now I understand.? I did not listen about such a modder.

Why did they leave? Can we hope they come back?

They probably quarreled and both were leave.

Yo, a while ago one of the modders had this to say:

I guess red oiled is probably the same, I guess there must be something that makes it red isntead of black, but anyway the "oil" thing is this game's version of untextured model.

I'm looking for more information on this "oil" texture.  I talked with some Steam members they mentioned it was a color mod for the "water" effect that happens to the models.
Also there is a youtube video that seems to show this effect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWUHLKBssyM&t=1160s

This effect looks incredible on the wedding outfits, especially in the pit fighter stage with all the oil spills on the floor. 

How can you enable the water texture effect on non water stages? 

What is it that changes the color of the water effect? 

Any help would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

I got it fixed somehow, I think I was using the wrong soft body, now I'm getting that same error you got:
20190508181542_1.jpg.bfb13f6f6329043f643dbd56ca347d7f.jpg.0bc4c5443562866bd56be1ba0627b939.jpg

@fgh1t6 said something about checking the vertex groups in the imported mesh compared with the .vgmap file and remove them. Don't really know how to do that

I dont know it either

20190510043807_1.jpg

Above as shown in the Pic.
I tryed to move the vertices.
But the vertice with the error still has the error

I dont know how to fix this.

On 3/24/2019 at 7:44 PM, vagonumero13 said:

Here is rdbtool, the alternative rdb extractor/injector, with better support for game version 1.02.

Download from attachment.

Usage is a bit different to doa6tool.

It is recommended to put the .exe in the game directory (the program needs to be able to access not only the bin files but also the data folder), and make sure you have write permissions on that directory!.

For extract, proceed as following:

- Open the program by draging the .rdb file to it. 

- You will be given two options, press 1 and enter.

- Now you have 3 options: extract all files, extract only one specific type (extension) or a single file. Chose the desired number and follow on screen instructions (if any). In the two first cases, files will be extracted to a directory with same name as .rdb. In the third case, the file will be extracted in the same directory that the .rdb is.

For reimport files, proceed as following:

- Open the program by draging the .rdb file to it.

- You will be given two options, press 2 and enter.

- Now drag the file you want to reimport. If you want to reimport multiple files at once, put all of them in a folder, and drag the folder instead.

The tool uses file names when available, and filename hashes when they are not. So, when reimporting files, make sure to not change the names of the files.

Precautions: it is recommended to backup your .rdb files before this program usage. It is not neccessary to backup the .bin files, because they are not written to. The program uses the file .bin_9 for writing, like doa6tool. To restore the game to original state, you just have to restore the original .rdb files

Edit April, 12: updated to version 0.3.

rdbtool_0.3b.zip 646.87 kB · 470 downloads

hi

it there any update on this?

i try to Open the program(had been put in the game directory) but it shows "Bad Usage" ...

or trying draging the .rdb file to it but files like "CharacterEditor.rdb.bin_0" just  shows "Load failed."

13 hours ago, Kolunio said:

When I win the fight, my character shows the winning animation. These animations are sometimes different, and sometimes I still have one the same. Which key and when do I need to press to make the animation different? It is boring when Kasumi does the same after each win fight.

Some characters have two win poses. So it's just random at which one is shown when you win.

1 hour ago, diopex said:

hi

it there any update on this?

i try to Open the program(had been put in the game directory) but it shows "Bad Usage" ...

or trying draging the .rdb file to it but files like "CharacterEditor.rdb.bin_0" just  shows "Load failed."

Don't open the .rdb.bin files. Open ONLY the .rdb ones.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:16 AM, snake230 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for your explanation

Reveal hidden contents

Import one breast with ib/vb
Import Ayane Soft body
Right click on cube right click on breast part, spacebar and update.
Export it with 3dmigoto raw buff and called it 14(index)

Delete the parts
And then i did the same with

Called it 15(index)

But ingame it looks like this.
Thanks for helping me.
But now i dont know why it looks like this.
Used your guide

hi

i have some problem when i test on Leifang's cos1:

1. after i import a breast part(from a Leifang's Cos2 MOD's g1m file--which is 14.lib) ,

i combined the original cloth part(10.lib) with it and rename it as 10.lib,

is this step nessary/or ulseless?

2. click one cube +10.lib and process the "Update DOA6 soft body vertex positions",

so do i need to do the same step on all the other cubes?

3. after all this done, which one should be the next step?

select the 10.lib and:

a. - File, import, vgmap of that mesh ?

or

b. Export it with 3dmigoto raw buff and called it 10.lib?(btw,what is the "index" means here?)

thank you !!

doatest.JPG

3 hours ago, diopex said:

hi

i have some problem when i test on Leifang's cos1:

1. after i import a breast part(from a Leifang's Cos2 MOD's g1m file--which is 14.lib) ,

i combined the original cloth part(10.lib) with it and rename it as 10.lib,

is this step nessary/or ulseless?

2. click one cube +10.lib and process the "Update DOA6 soft body vertex positions",

so do i need to do the same step on all the other cubes?

3. after all this done, which one should be the next step?

select the 10.lib and:

a. - File, import, vgmap of that mesh ?

or

b. Export it with 3dmigoto raw buff and called it 10.lib?(btw,what is the "index" means here?)

thank you !!

Spoiler

doatest.JPG

For me it looks like you used the Lei topless on her cos 1
You only need to click on 1 cube and the part you want to edit with soft body.
No need to do this with all cubes

What is your problem exactly?

Was able to put together 3 pantyless versions of Leifang for costumes 4-6(also removed back part of skirt), 10-12, 13-15, used @fgh1t6 Leifang nude body and @remymartin1986 outfit nipple.

Spoiler

03.thumb.png.3d65f111e9a33cfa4b9a6d03118c7dd4.png06.png.4ca4e639a8848705eaa7313577b6f29c.png

Here are the files if anyone want it (they're organized as replacers of the originals):
Leifang Pantyless.zip

Does anyone know if its possible to unhide meshes hidden with g1m_hide and/or check which of the meshes have been hidden?

3 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

Does anyone know if its possible to unhide meshes hidden with g1m_hide and/or check which of the meshes have been hidden?

Try g1m_export. If you see a 0 bytes .ib file, that's a mesh that was hidden. Sometimes the .vb file will be also 0 bytes but not always (this is due to shared vertex buffers), but as soon as the .ib file is 0 bytes, you know that's a hidden mesh.

To restore... well, if you have the original file, replace both the .vb and .ib with those from original and then use g1m_import.

wtf_doa6_graphics_by_rjqnraos19_dd6ngzq-

+ low res shadows in in-game fighting.

+ high res shadows in pause in watch mode and intro

I noticed this long time ago.

but I can't fix that with modding textures, 3d models. everything is not work.

I guess this can be fix with edit "GRAPHICSSETTING" file.

but don't  know how to open it.

anyone help...?

9 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

Was able to put together 3 pantyless versions of Leifang for costumes 4-6(also removed back part of skirt), 10-12, 13-15, used @fgh1t6 Leifang nude body and @remymartin1986 outfit nipple.

Be careful when using the new version of Leifang nude body. It has a bigger than vanilla butt, butt may clip over skirt.

13 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Try g1m_export. If you see a 0 bytes .ib file, that's a mesh that was hidden. Sometimes the .vb file will be also 0 bytes but not always (this is due to shared vertex buffers), but as soon as the .ib file is 0 bytes, you know that's a hidden mesh.

To restore... well, if you have the original file, replace both the .vb and .ib with those from original and then use g1m_import.

Thanks, that worked

7 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

Be careful when using the new version of Leifang nude body. It has a bigger than vanilla butt, butt may clip over skirt.

I think I used the older version then, I got no clipping here. Is there any other difference aside from the bigger butt?

1 hour ago, Fulanoo said:

Thanks, that worked

I think I used the older version then, I got no clipping here. Is there any other difference aside from the bigger butt?

No, the upper body is still the same, the lower body is a scale-down version of Helena. The UV of the nipple area in the breasts have been changed to match the new texture file. But since the two breast parts are separated, if you don't want  to change texture file, you can either use these from other mod or just pull the nipple area UV to match whatever texture picture you like to use.   

1 hour ago, ragdollmаsta said:

Whose is this butt, Helena? ?

I only have Helena?

2 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

No, the upper body is still the same, the lower body is a scale-down version of Helena. The UV of the nipple area in the breasts have been changed to match the new texture file. But since the two breast parts are separated, if you don't want  to change texture file, you can either use these from other mod or just pull the nipple area UV to match whatever texture picture you like to use.   

I only have Helena?

I used the new Leifang body to make a pantless and a pantyless version for Mila's MIL_COS_004. Also used your Ayane's AYA_COS_002 (pretty awesome btw) for the panties. Ended up with some small clipping between her butt and the bottom of the sweater during some moves, but its not much, I'll see if I can fix it somehow later.

Spoiler

07.png.6fbcf66744673b7d8c34ae1a71d67222.png08.png.3ca4dee0749d5ac646a16e3a1d961f05.png09.png.365fbf627132975d87efc356be403d6f.png

Here are the files if someone wanna check them out, the pantless is a replacer and the pantyless is a Layer2:
Mila 004.zip

3 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

I only have Helena?

Interesting, whose hands and legs in this mods?

6 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

I used the new Leifang body to make a pantless and a pantyless version for Mila's MIL_COS_004. Also used your Ayane's AYA_COS_002 (pretty awesome btw) for the panties. Ended up with some small clipping between her butt and the bottom of the sweater during some moves, but its not much, I'll see if I can fix it somehow later.

Hide contents

07.png.6fbcf66744673b7d8c34ae1a71d67222.png08.png.3ca4dee0749d5ac646a16e3a1d961f05.png09.png.365fbf627132975d87efc356be403d6f.png

Here are the files if someone wanna check them out, the pantless is a replacer and the pantyless is a Layer2:
Mila 004.zip

Thank you very much ! Great mod but i have issues to get it work correctly. 
In my game this costume is not number 4 but number 10.
When I install in redelbe folder and layer 2 folder i have the costume 10 pantless in the game => OK

But after fatal crush it's not pantyless.

But... When i chose in character menu costume 10, with back button (xbox 360) i can play pantyless but permanently.
How to get the pantyless just after a fatal crush ? 

What did i do wrong ?