Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

8 hours ago, ddvaga said:

hon.thumb.jpg.1038a9cc93cf8ec127b8c1d2d3f8ab79.jpg

Hello I wanted to swap mod the costume 106 of Marie Rose on Honoka and I have the problem of the head too high, can you help me please

U gonna need to modify the costume or head file at blender to connect them I guess u.u

I guess I should give a better explanation as to what I'm trying to do

What I'm doing is, I'm

1. Taking a hair model (.fbx if the file type matters)

2. Putting it over the hair

3. Deleting what I don't need

4. Joining them

5. Hiding the layers I don't need

6. Doing the merge/import stuff

In terms of things I've succeeded at, I've managed to change the hair color and gotten some voice lines in, but as you can see, importing the model is giving me problems.

2 hours ago, BeeLy1011 said:

I guess I should give a better explanation as to what I'm trying to do

What I'm doing is, I'm

1. Taking a hair model (.fbx if the file type matters)

2. Putting it over the hair

3. Deleting what I don't need

4. Joining them

5. Hiding the layers I don't need

6. Doing the merge/import stuff

In terms of things I've succeeded at, I've managed to change the hair color and gotten some voice lines in, but as you can see, importing the model is giving me problems.

Sorry but everything looks good last thing that comes to my mind is that maybe you didnt put the hair in the correct place? Or it very small? I dont know check if it is flying 10 meters above or below from her head or maybe it is so small that u cant see it. Feel free to share the files so other modders can look at it (gonna be faster than guessing what went wrong)

1 hour ago, Azkni said:

Sorry but everything looks good last thing that comes to my mind is that maybe you didnt put the hair in the correct place? Or it very small? I dont know check if it is flying 10 meters above or below from her head or maybe it is so small that u cant see it

My thought was that the model is inside Honk's head, but there doesn't seem to be any protrusions...

38 minutes ago, BeeLy1011 said:

My thought was that the model is inside Honk's head, but there doesn't seem to be any protrusions...

Spoiler

image.png.1a055a22ebd6c789d2229256c05b42fd.png

The UVmap that shows up to me is this one, and if u check that left corner of the hair texture it is completly transparent, thats why it doesnt show up. To solve it you have to change the UV map, delete TEXTCOORD.xy and rename UvMap as TEXTCOORD.xy, now u should see that your UVmap has more sense ;D

Just now, Azkni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1a055a22ebd6c789d2229256c05b42fd.png

The UVmap that shows up to me is this one, and if u check that left corner of the hair texture it is completly transparent, thats why it doesnt show up. To solve it you have to change the UV map, delete TEXTCOORD.xy and rename UvMap as TEXTCOORD.xy, now u should see that your UVmap has more sense ;D

Spoiler

image.png.4d0b3469f9190810f385be30386daa00.png

Btw dont forget to weight paint the hair 

35 minutes ago, Azkni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.4d0b3469f9190810f385be30386daa00.png

Btw dont forget to weight paint the hair 

Unfortunately I don't know what weight painting is/how it works...do you mind explaining it a bit?

I have to go somewhere so I'll hopefully be able to mess with it once I get back.

Spoiler

image.png.634c965c2b9723048df75bdea8af5ddf.png

Go to weight paint mode and select the vertex group that u want (in your case the head i guess but its up to you xd) and just paint till everything is red (maybe the tool with blue circle in the screnshot makes things faster for you)

About the hair still not showing up, I recommend to use a new hon_hair_001.g1m, those files bug a bit when you import and export them a lot. Also check twice that your UVmap is fixed! 

Or if you didnt weight paint it yet maybe it is just not in the correct place and it is floading 10m away from the correct place

its better to share the files and I can check, its faster than trying to guess what went wrong u.u

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Azkni said:
  Hide contents

Go to weight paint mode and select the vertex group that u want (in your case the head i guess but its up to you xd) and just paint till everything is red (maybe the tool with blue circle in the screnshot makes things faster for you)

About the hair still not showing up, I recommend to use a new hon_hair_001.g1m, those files bug a bit when you import and export them a lot. Also check twice that your UVmap is fixed! 

Or if you didnt weight paint it yet maybe it is just not in the correct place and it is floading 10m away from the correct place

its better to share the files and I can check, its faster than trying to guess what went wrong u.u

Can you run the "Assign new 3DMigoto vertex groups" in 2.82? It seems the F3 search won't find the script because the function was not be added into any menu. 

1 hour ago, fgh1t6 said:
  Hide contents

Can you run the "Assign new 3DMigoto vertex groups" in 2.82? It seems the F3 search won't find the script because the function was not be added into any menu. 

Worked to me with 2.80, but not with newer versions. I just move to 2.79 and use it in a sec

11 hours ago, Azkni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I tried all of this (even replacing the g1m file, in fact I had technically already been doing this) and she's still bald. Something I did notice though is that the UV map seems to disappear when switching to Weight Paint

1 hour ago, BeeLy1011 said:

I tried all of this (even replacing the g1m file, in fact I had technically already been doing this) and she's still bald. Something I did notice though is that the UV map seems to disappear when switching to Weight Paint

That is normal, UV map only show up in edit mod. upload your  hon_hair_001.g1m file, and the content of mod.ini so that we can have a look on it.

I have a question for all the modders in our community. I'm currently trying to use the underwear from Kasumi's costume 31 with the Kasumi costume 30. Every time I try to join mesh for the costume, it infinite loads my game. I have checked the mesh for any UV mapping but on the costume 30 it doesn't have for the bikini. The mesh for costume 31 is different than costume 30. I wanna use the costume 31 mesh for the body because it works with the underwear. The bikini top and chest doesn't work with costume 31.Is there a way to combine this and have it working? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

8 hours ago, marik86 said:

I have a question for all the modders in our community. I'm currently trying to use the underwear from Kasumi's costume 31 with the Kasumi costume 30. Every time I try to join mesh for the costume, it infinite loads my game. I have checked the mesh for any UV mapping but on the costume 30 it doesn't have for the bikini. The mesh for costume 31 is different than costume 30. I wanna use the costume 31 mesh for the body because it works with the underwear. The bikini top and chest doesn't work with costume 31.Is there a way to combine this and have it working? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

That is almost a one-to-one exchange. You can try to joint the underwear mesh from 31 to 30's bikini brief, delete the vertex of the bikini brief, and then do whatever you did to export it the game to test if it works. Next, do the same to the body mesh, but this time, delete the vertex from 31 as much as possible. Then merge the overlapped vertices.

10 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

That is almost a one-to-one exchange. You can try to joint the underwear mesh from 31 to 30's bikini brief, delete the vertex of the bikini brief, and then do whatever you did to export it the game to test if it works. Next, do the same to the body mesh, but this time, delete the vertex from 31 as much as possible. Then merge the overlapped vertices.

I have the bikini bottom sorted out, but the bone texture for the body is not going well. This was after I combined the lower body mesh of 31 with the upper body mesh of 30. (Sorry Administrators as I don't know how to shorten images just yet.)

20210408174021_1.jpg

1 hour ago, marik86 said:

I have the bikini bottom sorted out, but the bone texture for the body is not going well. This was after I combined the lower body mesh of 31 with the upper body mesh of 30. (Sorry Administrators as I don't know how to shorten images just yet.)

yep, typical effect of forgetting to run "Assign new 3DMigoto vertex groups" script before export. For blender 2.7x pace bar then type "Assign new 3DMigoto vertex groups", to run. for 2.82, if you cannot find it with F3 key, try my edit version of blender_3dmigoto: 

On 4/7/2021 at 4:45 PM, fgh1t6 said:

try this one for 2.82 upper then:  blender_3dmigoto.py, nothing too fancy just add that script to the end of the "Object" tab, and change the default number from 1 to 3 to save us one typing.

On 4/8/2021 at 7:03 PM, fgh1t6 said:

yep, typical effect of forgetting to run "Assign new 3DMigoto vertex groups" script before export. For blender 2.7x pace bar then type "Assign new 3DMigoto vertex groups", to run. for 2.82, if you cannot find it with F3 key, try my edit version of blender_3dmigoto: 

I've tried to assign new vertex, but still have same results. The bikini top bone mesh is messed up as well (I tried to assign new vertex to it as well). If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it. I have another project I'm working on atm so I won't be able to work on this for a while. Here are the mesh that I've done so far.

mesh.7z