Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Dear users .... a year or so ago I made this wallpaper and this honoka design which interested me to see if someone with a knowledge in modeling can create a mod similar to this ... Honoka with her basic schoolgirl outfit only shirt and skirt but shortening the skirt and giving it a cleavage, ... I have recently learned to use a blender but I still consider myself ignorant on the subject ... I could enlarge the neckline of ryza from atelier ryza 2 but still I consider able to do the same thing I did in photoshop take it to 3d ... if someone cheers up it would be spectacular ... greetings

doa6-school-mod-honoka.jpeg

Hi everyone !

First of all many thanks to all moders who spent so much time "improving" our games that much.

I must say I'm pretty used to installing simple mods in various games, but I'm a complete novice in the making process. So I don't know anything about which files are used for textures, body, costumes ....

Thing is, I'd like to use most of the breakable mods as a replacement of the native files in the game. I'd like to get the "hot stuff" in story mode and quest mode, and not only in the free fight or arcade session. If I make myself clear, I'd like to get modded costumes automatically activated in the game without having to press de "layer2 button" to get them. Some of them work fine when I place the files in the CharacterEditor and MaterialEditor, but most of them are causing me trouble trying to make them work properly.

For exemple, I downloaded both "breakable swimsuits" and the "breakable packs" of each female characters. I had a look into it and noticed that all "swimsuit skins" are COS_030 into the game. In both mod, the content of CharacterEditor et MaterialEditor directories is stricly identical. Only difference is the mod.ini file that make the costume go to a different slot :

- Using "Ayame Breakable pack", the breakable swimsuit is an alternative to COS_030, as it should be, by pressing "f".

- using the "breakable swimsuit " mod, then it does not alternate with COS_030 but with COS_003, which is totally different ! And again having to press "f"

As I figured that out, I changed all the Character and Material files with 030 instead of 003 to try to make it right and transfered them to the appropriate directory. When I give a shot at it ingame, with the swimsuit on, it seems to be working just fine, but as soon as the swimsuit breaks, the body texture is replaced by a dark blue uniform color (imagine Mystic from X-Men but not so cool ...). I expected some issues of the sort knowing that moders often use textures and animations from different models to get a new one, but that's what I ask : is there a simple way to use these files to replace the original costumes ?

Sorry I'm being so long in my post. i hope it makes sens as English is not my native language.

I also noticed quite rapidely that most of the mods use the same files as a base, and if I want to copy all files in CharacterEditor and MaterialEditor, I get a message logicaly saying same file already exists in the directory. Then ingame I get a mixed-up combination of various costumes and skins in the same slot.

Thank you if you read this to the end, I hope someone gets an answer to this. Maybe the subject was already clarified earlier but I didn't find what I was looking for in the topic.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:41 AM, Syntai said:

Anyone know why my mod doesn't load? (infinite loading)

I tried to make some mesh import modifications, going through trial & error, but I can't test to see how the mod looks in game if it will not load!   ???

Any help would be appreciated. ?

Your mesh probably has some weirdy stuff, check for strange faces or vertex placements, idk your mesh could have lot of bad stuff u.u, also delete that g1m and get a new one (by experience once u get that bug, that g1m is bugged forevah!)

16 hours ago, Syntai said:

So I’m having problems with textures..

In Blender, the UV map isn’t showing up in the ‘TEXCOORD’ layer, it isn’t correlated, just empty with no UV’s. Any solution to this? 

Check here for other UVmaps, probably the 2nd is what u need, so delete TEXCOORD.xy and name the 2nd one like that! (If u only have one, its too late u.u, u want to do this step right after a join with a .vb)

image.png.9e92dccc9a0b4b96170cddc2069c0a83.png

Over 1 month no Mods for doa 6 , in last 1 month over 50+ mods for doa 5  by different modders .. why most modder hate doa 6 , wasted all my saving on doa 6 just to get free mods , and now no one making it , only this huchi guy making mods but he is selling them 9$ its fine price , but my debit card not working in patreon it ask for credit card that i don't have , iam Fu*ked .. plz someone consider making costume mods for doa 6 

Hello, friends! I'm sorry my English is not very good.

I recently encountered some problems in mod production. I don't know if I can get answers here. I want to make the translucent effect of clothing, and modify the attributes of G1M file with XML tool, and export the DDS map in bc7 format in Photoshop, but they don't seem to work in the game. When I adjust the transparency to less than 50%, the parts that apply transparency disappear directly in the game. I guess it's because there's no way to achieve translucency? So how does cos101 clothing achieve this goal in the game?

Hope to have experts to help solve this problem. Thank you!

On 2/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, Azkni said:

Check here for other UVmaps, probably the 2nd is what u need, so delete TEXCOORD.xy and name the 2nd one like that! (If u only have one, its too late u.u, u want to do this step right after a join with a .vb)

image.png.9e92dccc9a0b4b96170cddc2069c0a83.png

Thanks! fixed!

5 hours ago, Firegeek94 said:

anyone knows how to deals when its says 4d probleme ? 

I’m trying to figure this out as well. Whenever I import, only some of the meshes get imported & the rest are missing so there’s no way to tell which mesh is which.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:08 AM, k0kelivecl said:

Dear users .... a year or so ago I made this wallpaper and this honoka design which interested me to see if someone with a knowledge in modeling can create a mod similar to this ... Honoka with her basic schoolgirl outfit only shirt and skirt but shortening the skirt and giving it a cleavage, ... I have recently learned to use a blender but I still consider myself ignorant on the subject ... I could enlarge the neckline of ryza from atelier ryza 2 but still I consider able to do the same thing I did in photoshop take it to 3d ... if someone cheers up it would be spectacular ... greetings

doa6-school-mod-honoka.jpeg

On 2/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, Emiya_Kiristugu said:

I'm sorry many times.

Is it possible to make this Honoka costume topless?

c013_05.jpg

It seems that the most expert mod creators forgot about DOA 6 and a few days ago I sent them a wallpaper that I made with a possible modification for honoka but nothing ... now I would be interested if they show how to download the original .g1t. .. I mean I want to get the model of honoka schoolgirl hon_cos_002 but I don't know how to download the game ... to start modeling based on that ... the other thing I need to learn is that when I try to modify a honoka mod yoko ... when entering the modified the game was closed ... it would be interesting if you give a step by step tip to modify and create a functional mod for DOA6 ... a few days ago they explained to me for the Atelier Ryza 2 and I could create the mods with greater cleavage that I was interested in using ... now I simply want if they can't do it to me ... they explain to me to make a mod of honoka schoolgirl with an open shirt and cleavage

19 hours ago, Syntai said:

I’m trying to figure this out as well. Whenever I import, only some of the meshes get imported & the rest are missing so there’s no way to tell which mesh is which.

Thats a limitation that every modder has, you cant open any mesh with physics in blender with the current tools (skirts,...) , if you need to know which mesh is what .vb, you can use Noesis

11 hours ago, Azkni said:

Thats a limitation that every modder has, you cant open any mesh with physics in blender with the current tools (skirts,...) , if you need to know which mesh is what .vb, you can use Noesis

Is there a Noesis plugin that allows to view the .vb mesh models? Also, can we not import face meshes in blender?

1 hour ago, Azkni said:

Noesis itself allows you to open a G1M and export it as FBX, and u can open that fbx in blender with no problem. The 2nd part I dont understand, if u mean the heads, u can open them using blender 2.79 

Oh I didn't know about that in Noesis. Thanks.

About the face/head, I can't seem to open them in blender, I keep getting a traceback error.

On 2/17/2021 at 2:27 AM, Syntai said:

Oh I didn't know about that in Noesis. Thanks.

About the face/head, I can't seem to open them in blender, I keep getting a traceback error.

Thats weird, usually it lets me import the heads in blender 2.79, idk sorry

2 minutes ago, Apoptosis97513 said:

Is there any solutions to fix this ugly collapsed butt?

985531686_DOA6-3DMigotoScreenshot2021_02.18-22_56_49_11.png.617dd36993d751eeb2809dcb02d34431.png

1352596244_DOA6-3DMigotoScreenshot2021_02.18-22_57_32_37.png.ed5b768824c7d3c0d6ede2c9b2103527.png

look at that something chest buster-ish is about to come out of Helena's ass!!

Of course, I know it's fixed for later DLC costume.
But all basic unlockable costumes are fucked up.

This Helena's opera costume is still my best favorire in DOA5~6 :(

Hey there,

i am quite new to DOA6, and started with some of the mods posted here.

i dont seem to get any of the layer2 mods to work by just putting the folder into /REDELBE/Layer2. 

for example: LEIFANG NUDE C01 (Dragon Tatoo), or

KAS-Hajinmon-wingzg

if i additionally copy the files into material and character editor it works (after a restart)

am i missing something?

I am on Steam, using 1.22a #8 Redelbe 3.0

the widescreen fix for 21:9, and

all the costumes are unlocked, 

Thanks guys!

8 hours ago, nowayray said:

Hey there,

i am quite new to DOA6, and started with some of the mods posted here.

i dont seem to get any of the layer2 mods to work by just putting the folder into /REDELBE/Layer2. 

for example: LEIFANG NUDE C01 (Dragon Tatoo), or

KAS-Hajinmon-wingzg

if i additionally copy the files into material and character editor it works (after a restart)

am i missing something?

I am on Steam, using 1.22a #8 Redelbe 3.0

the widescreen fix for 21:9, and

all the costumes are unlocked, 

Thanks guys!

Remember you have to press L2 being in the costume slot that has the mod

10 hours ago, Azkni said:

Remember you have to press L2 being in the costume slot that has the mod

thanks! who would have thought it could be as easy as this !, (i read back button somewhere, which i dont have on an x box x controller)

it all works fine now.

cheers