Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

I searched the Internet for mods for this game. I came across a great animator. The main thing is not the content of these works, but their quality. What progress has come to, the quality of characters is higher than in the original game !)                                                                                                                                                                                 1. https://img.rule34.us/images/b5/2f/b52f38cb8b8919d4aae5eba387c72261.webm                                                                                                                             2. https://rule34.xyz/files/3072/3072634.mp4                                                                                                                                                                                           3. https://img.rule34.us/images/67/bd/67bd70392a1d6ac0ac732d5bb0a3f0ff.webm                                                                                                                             4. https://img.rule34.us/images/dc/72/dc72a95134a6a31451a637df733f8285.webm                                                                                                                             5. https://img.rule34.us/images/9e/9d/9e9dbfedef6be37879afefdf2730f55f.webm                                                                                                                               6. https://img.rule34.us/images/01/88/018856e2d47ab10156b47c1618cd8d58.webm                                                                                                                           7. https://img.rule34.us/images/96/9f/969fcfa2a8d11750c268336acd1187eb.webm                                                                                                                             8. https://img.rule34.us/images/43/67/4367a2ab287bd92b73076a85a1237fda.webm

16 minutes ago, jolan69 said:

Salut à tous, j'aurai besoin d'aide pour importer des cheveux dans le jeu, est-ce possible? (Je pense que oui mais moi avec redelbe je ne peux pas le faire)

Et si oui comment !!

You need rdbtool, then g1mtool and g1ttool. They are explained here:

On 11/5/2020 at 6:30 AM, Alexei81 said:

I searched the Internet for mods for this game. I came across a great animator. The main thing is not the content of these works, but their quality. What progress has come to, the quality of characters is higher than in the original game !)                                                                                                                                                                                 1. https://img.rule34.us/images/b5/2f/b52f38cb8b8919d4aae5eba387c72261.webm                                                                                                                             2. https://rule34.xyz/files/3072/3072634.mp4                                                                                                                                                                                           3. https://img.rule34.us/images/67/bd/67bd70392a1d6ac0ac732d5bb0a3f0ff.webm                                                                                                                             4. https://img.rule34.us/images/dc/72/dc72a95134a6a31451a637df733f8285.webm                                                                                                                             5. https://img.rule34.us/images/9e/9d/9e9dbfedef6be37879afefdf2730f55f.webm                                                                                                                               6. https://img.rule34.us/images/01/88/018856e2d47ab10156b47c1618cd8d58.webm                                                                                                                           7. https://img.rule34.us/images/96/9f/969fcfa2a8d11750c268336acd1187eb.webm                                                                                                                             8. https://img.rule34.us/images/43/67/4367a2ab287bd92b73076a85a1237fda.webm

Other than me asking what the fuck is wrong with you and why would you go out of your way to find this. Pretty much the reason we can't have higher quality models like that is for performance reasons, engine limits, and most likely nobody really wants to spend time making super detailed models for every female character in the game. But right now the models used in most nude mods are good enough for now, the only gripe I have is how breasts and their physics are in general. Their just too pointy and don't like hang/sag down.

Is there any simple way to combine SaafRat's Nude Mod with the characters' default outfits? What I'm trying to do is get the character's default costumes to show while displaying their shoes and other accessories. Would I need to go into Blender to do that or can I simply place in the nude g1t files in a particular location and possibly rename them?

Looking for a modder
Hi I am looking for a modder who would be up to make a (I think rather simple) mod for the camara of the DOA Central/Wardrobe. Since I think the camera is way to close of the character, I'd like to be able to manipulate the distance a bit, or at least have a further look of the characters. I think a lot of people would appreciate it and also I can pay you a bit via PayPal.
Anyone interested? If so, feel free to addme/DMme.
6 hours ago, wingzg said:

Are there difficulties when implementing breast and butt physics?

If you mean the softbody part, No, the advantage of having a closely matched body shape means you can run the blender softbody plugin and get a good result, and then  Use my plugin to fix the gap. 

16 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

If you mean the softbody part, No, the advantage of having a closely matched body shape means you can run the blender softbody plugin and get a good result, and then  Use my plugin to fix the gap. 

?.  Okay thanks! I must try it out.

On 10/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, Azkni said:

The thing is that the animations arent named with easy names to help you check which one you want, all files named as (...)_CMN.g1a at the end are reactions that characters have at specific moves.

image.png.4d3a3c55dea882acaaae689072b5d84c.png

Once you found the animation you want to swap, and its substitute, for example change CMN00066_CMN.g1a for the CMN00067_CMN.g1a reaction animation (choosen randomly), rename CMN00066_CMN.g1a as CMN00067_CMN.g1a and then paste the file inside \Dead or Alive 6\REDELBE\RRPreview

PD:

Some moves (aka throws) have unique reaction and the CMN next to it is the reaction. I dont know if it helps tbh, I didnt change many animations of the game because they usually make weird the transition between animations

image.png.1acd4ac5fae7a160a736d18bb91314c9.png

image.png

Sorry , I don't know how to use the g1a2fbx to do this ,I drag the g1a than it ask me drag the g1m file , witch g1m ? and where can I get it ? I drag the g1m with my mod but it can reading , please help me please!

On 11/18/2020 at 12:55 PM, z31wnx said:

Sorry , I don't know how to use the g1a2fbx to do this ,I drag the g1a than it ask me drag the g1m file , witch g1m ? and where can I get it ? I drag the g1m with my mod but it can reading , please help me please!

g1m are model files, essentially costumes and stages. They can be found opening CharacterEditor using rdbrtool with names like XXX_COS_YYY where XXX is the character and YYY the costume ID.

About what .g1m to export, I personally would recommend using a costume without soft meshes, like Nyotengu delux costume (NYO_COS_007.g1m) or summer dlc (HON_COS_030, JAN_COS_030.g1m..). All characters have same bones so it doesnt really matter what character you use, but I recommend using a character with similar body proportions 

image.png.428d44d2e7b768a6ba9307fe511189aa.png

44 minutes ago, Azkni said:

g1m are model files, essentially costumes and stages. They can be found opening CharacterEditor using rdbrtool with names like XXX_COS_YYY where XXX is the character and YYY the costume ID.

About what .g1m to export, I personally would recommend using a costume without soft meshes, like Nyotengu delux costume (NYO_COS_007.g1m) or summer dlc (HON_COS_030, JAN_COS_030.g1m..). All characters have same bones so it doesnt really matter what character you use, but I recommend using a character with similar body proportions 

image.png.428d44d2e7b768a6ba9307fe511189aa.png

Very thanks friend , I don't know why but g1a2fbx can't read mod , so I used zack100 beacuse it has head 

And ... OMG , I cheaked CMN00001 to CMN00230 used 2 hours , but didn't find the motion like that video , Danmm i will cheak all of the g1a to find it

Just came cross HEL_COS_105 model. Guess what is the special of it? The designer show us how the rfr file can change the texture of a skin texture set!

1797645090_DEADORALIVE619_11_202017_41_51(2).png.40234e92d3a81dd85457dbfe35a25b09.png

So we can change any nude mod to latex by just change the MPR_Muscle_Character_SKDCOS031_body_kidsrfr.g1t file.  In this trial, I just used two single color g1t file. This type of gqt file contains only a single colour at its end from offset 0x38 to 0x44. 4 float32 data for R,G,B,A, in the range of 0.0-1.0. 

MPR_Muscle_Character_SKDCOS031_body_kidsrfr.g1t MPR_Muscle_Character_SKDCOS031_body_kidsalb.g1t

5 hours ago, z31wnx said:

Very thanks friend , I don't know why but g1a2fbx can't read mod , so I used zack100 beacuse it has head 

And ... OMG , I cheaked CMN00001 to CMN00230 used 2 hours , but didn't find the motion like that video , Danmm i will cheak all of the g1a to find it

They can be special animations of certain moves, you should also check the XXX_CMN from the characters :)

3 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

Just came cross HEL_COS_105 model. Guess what is the special of it? The designer show us how the rfr file can change the texture of a skin texture set!

1797645090_DEADORALIVE619_11_202017_41_51(2).png.40234e92d3a81dd85457dbfe35a25b09.png

So we can change any nude mod to latex by just change the MPR_Muscle_Character_SKDCOS031_body_kidsrfr.g1t file.  In this trial, I just used two single color g1t file. This type of gqt file contains only a single colour at its end from offset 0x38 to 0x44. 4 float32 data for R,G,B,A, in the range of 0.0-1.0. 

MPR_Muscle_Character_SKDCOS031_body_kidsrfr.g1t 72 B · 0 downloads MPR_Muscle_Character_SKDCOS031_body_kidsalb.g1t 72 B · 0 downloads

kidsrfr is the reflection right? If the texture is BC7, 100% opacity will have 100% reflection of the texture and wont let the other textures like kidsalb or kidsocc show

On 11/20/2020 at 6:00 AM, Azkni said:

They can be special animations of certain moves, you should also check the XXX_CMN from the characters :)

Wow , that will be  a large work , I will do it.

And I have a more one question , how to make hip soft ? for example phfcos007 has a  amazing soft butt , but Marie's all costumes the butt  as hard as stone . I inported all blender plugs and readed the command , but ... I can't understand what they means ... so how to make Marie's  butt soft like PHASE4 NUDE C07 by SaafRats ?

20 hours ago, z31wnx said:

Wow , that will be  a large work , I will do it.

And I have a more one question , how to make hip soft ? for example phfcos007 has a  amazing soft butt , but Marie's all costumes the butt  as hard as stone . I inported all blender plugs and readed the command , but ... I can't understand what they means ... so how to make Marie's  butt soft like PHASE4 NUDE C07 by SaafRats ?

What you are asking here is a bit difficult, I don't think many modders know how to do it (neither do I) try to contact saafrats. Also, if none of Marie's costumes have a butt move, I don't think it's possible to do what you say.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:53 PM, Azkni said:

What you are asking here is a bit difficult, I don't think many modders know how to do it (neither do I) try to contact saafrats. Also, if none of Marie's costumes have a butt move, I don't think it's possible to do what you say.

Oh no ... Um , If I adjust the size of the PHF butt parts to Marie's and fix the body , or mabye I can make all of the  PHF'nude mod vertexs the same as Marie sdirect .  Mabye It can make butt soft ? 

3 hours ago, z31wnx said:

Oh no ... Um , If I adjust the size of the PHF butt parts to Marie's and fix the body , or mabye I can make all of the  PHF'nude mod vertexs the same as Marie sdirect .  Mabye It can make butt soft ? 

I tried , it didn't work.  It seems the g1m softbody only calculate how the grid moving with the soft root bones, while the root bones are moved by the g1a animation. Marie and Nico's g1a don't move the breast and butt much, so even use a same g1m file the part just not bouncing. You can check this mod, where Nico and kular were use the same g1m file where softbody grids was from bouncing girl Honoka. 

Someone knows about a good costume slot with one or more texture that 1. Allow transparency 2. Isnt part of a soft mesh, like skirt or scarf 3.  Big enought like 2048x2048? For females with Kas/Leifang body type

I've been searching but I cant find ? thx in advice 

1 hour ago, Azkni said:

Someone knows about a good costume slot with one or more texture that 1. Allow transparency 2. Isnt part of a soft mesh, like skirt or scarf 3.  Big enought like 2048x2048? For females with Kas/Leifang body type

I've been searching but I cant find ? thx in advice 

1. for texture, use g1t tool, you can put any size dds into the g1t file, and it works fine.

2. for transparency, you can use g1m_xml tool to modify any g1m file's material setting to make one. You can convert the following g1m to xml to have a look

Spoiler

Check the

<G1M version="37">

<G1MG version="44" platform="DX11">

<MeshesSection>

<LodGroup idx="0" auto="true">

<Mesh idx="2">
                    <Shader value="@37639FF9" />
                </Mesh>

"37639FF9" is binary transparent shader code. No attribute setting is needed.

15 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

1. for texture, use g1t tool, you can put any size dds into the g1t file, and it works fine.

2. for transparency, you can use g1m_xml tool to modify any g1m file's material setting to make one. You can convert the following g1m to xml to have a look

Reveal hidden contents

Check the

<G1M version="37">

<G1MG version="44" platform="DX11">

<MeshesSection>

<LodGroup idx="0" auto="true">

<Mesh idx="2">
                    <Shader value="@37639FF9" />
                </Mesh>

"37639FF9" is binary transparent shader code. No attribute setting is needed.

Thx it works! (But the mod was hard to do and I just gave up lol)

But I used that for this mod, it had a bit of transparency in the clothes

image.png.1f070be6a2d39403f80f98bf31704608.png