Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Hi everyone, I was hoping you could help me with the next problem. I used the bryanyora2525 file together with the Cheat Engine program to change the motions. The problem arises when exchanging movements of female characters for those of male characters (or the other way around), as the proportions are affected in the process. Could someone give me a solution please? I searched the internet, but had no luck.

Moveset.jpg

i was big fan of huchi001 becoz i see his very good free work of doa 5 mods , but i have notice he become to greedy now and stopped free release's its been almost 2 year no DOA 6 & doa 5 mods release from him , now he doing only for money iam very sad to see this modder only going for money ,, there was time when he use to release mods every month some time weeks , asking money for mods iam cool with it but keeping your 3 to 4 years old mods locked behind patreaon .. its feel now he doing only for money .. i hope some of his patreaon supporter leak his all doa 6 & doa 5 mods here lol ????.. i think its very less likely to happen i just joke ,, but wish its come true ??

3 hours ago, DOA RAJU said:

i was big fan of huchi001 becoz i see his very good free work of doa 5 mods , but i have notice he become to greedy now and stopped free release's its been almost 2 year no DOA 6 & doa 5 mods release from him , now he doing only for money iam very sad to see this modder only going for money ,, there was time when he use to release mods every month some time weeks , asking money for mods iam cool with it but keeping your 3 to 4 years old mods locked behind patreaon .. its feel now he doing only for money .. i hope some of his patreaon supporter leak his all doa 6 & doa 5 mods here lol ????.. i think its very less likely to happen i just joke ,, but wish its come true ??

I don't think so tbh, his mods are very high quality and if he wants money for it I don't see the harm, it's only like 9 dollars a month and then you have access to all his mods in his folder which he updates

19 hours ago, DOA RAJU said:

He did of his hobby his job, If I could I would do the same ?

no offense to any respected Modder here but this doa 6 mod community feels dead very less mods rarely people release the mod , i remember good old days of doa 5 when we have tons of mod posted every week and in doa 6 i see rarely 1 or 2 mods in month lol  , doa 6 gone dead for developers soon and also for Modder's , i might be wrong maybe mods in doa 6 are very hard to create or maybe modder's are not interested anymore , both way i feel sad i love doa 6 wish we have more .. ???

Are there any mods that change characters' facial-expressions?

I'm still upset about Kasumi's facial-expressions looking so angry, unpleasant, and ugly all the time in DOA6 (not her, but her expressions), especially when she's being attacked. It's so opposite of her personality and appearance.

13 hours ago, JuliusXIII said:

I just have a simple question about REDLEBE. What is this "Layer 2" that some mods can use, and how do I access it in game?

Layer 2 is where the mods are stored, you can access to the mods pressing L2 or F in costume selection. Each folder inside Layer2 is a mod mostly. The folder route is  

..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6\REDELBE\Layer2

A tutorial guide on using these mods on the 1st page would be nice than just posting a link to them and they honestly don't explain much either. This will help new ppl or those who haven't moded the game since launch to stop repeating for help. I know these questions annoy folks, but ignoring a solution only creates more pages of "Help Me Please"

While true, you have to keep in mind that the DOA modding community has always prided itself on being as cryptic as possible true to its Japanese origins. If you just have a list of what the items are, and how to use them, you might as well be modding Team Fortress. We're more like MMD around here!

I want to make performance mod for stages(for weak pc owners). Remove all or many effects (dust, thunder, hit effects). Already removed all npc from stages (left only important - for danger zones such as in Throwdown, Chinese fFestival).

Can't remove crowd in The Muscule stage (second row). I think, it's file S1201PRO_set-pro-human-01.g1m I hide it with g1m_hide, but it doesn't work in any folder (CharacterEditor, MaterialEditor, FieldEditor). I don't want to use Layer2 approach, so players can use mod without pressing any buttons. Tho, if it's not possible without Layer2, than Layer2 will be fine too.

Also if i want to hide files like MPR_Muscle_Stage_gym_cardboard_mu_01_kidsalb.g1t, for example, what i must do? I opened it with paint.net, deleted all stuff (ctrlA+delete), but seems like it doesn't work in Material Editor folder too.

And files with effects like FE4_Field_Common_EFF_pro_light_04.g1e, FE4_Field_Common_EFF_pro_light_04.ktid - how can i disable them too? And where to place them?

P.S. Placed S1301GYM_MPR_Muscle_Stage_gym_cardboard_mu_01_kidsalb.g1t and similar files in FieldEditor (after deleting with paint.net)- now they are just black boxes. How i can remove them completly? 

20201222143159_1.jpg

1 hour ago, esanscoopsers said:

I don't see any thread for requesting help, so I'm going to post here. I'm dumb and can't get 3Dmigoto to load any costume mods properly. I get "WARNING: Unknown section in d3dx.ini". It displays this error once for every mod.

Also, using REDELBE I get the error "Failed to apply patch Layer2:PatchMRCWI"

Please use latest REDELBE.... thats REDELBE 3.0 and try again.

link- > please press below box-link

12 hours ago, Bunglow99 said:

Please use latest REDELBE.... thats REDELBE 3.0 and try again.

link- > please press below box-link

Thanks for the help but fortunately I'm not dumb enough to not read the instructions. I am using REDELBE 3.0 and I'm getting this issue.

Now I don't know what the rules are here regarding piracy, but I am using a pirated version of the game (FITGIRL Repack). If I'm not allowed to mention piracy here I understand. But maybe the issues could be due to this? Probably should have mentioned this to begin with.

15 hours ago, esanscoopsers said:

Thanks for the help but fortunately I'm not dumb enough to not read the instructions. I am using REDELBE 3.0 and I'm getting this issue.

Now I don't know what the rules are here regarding piracy, but I am using a pirated version of the game (FITGIRL Repack). If I'm not allowed to mention piracy here I understand. But maybe the issues could be due to this? Probably should have mentioned this to begin with.

Sorry if I accidentally made you felt dumb.

Myself did lot of trial and error and restarted the game 200 times to try 200 different mods, and eventually got it right.

Maybe you should share the link of your version of DOA6.

We will download it , install in separate machine and try the REDELBE tool and then can advise you properly based on the observations.

Maybe it needs a little fit fine tuning.

On 1/4/2021 at 3:07 AM, Three3three said:

I’m new to modding and I was wondering if there was a way to make new hair and outfits using old hairstyles and clothes physics, like transferring the wights to a new mesh?

Yes u can some modders already did it like Uchi or fgh1t6. The thing is that you cant edit the UVmap of the clothes with physics so u can only play with the textures

https://www.deviantart.com/samanosukek/art/DOA6-Mod-Aerith-Dress-for-Kasumi-Phase-Nyo-Tamaki-842658848

https://www.deviantart.com/fgh1t6/art/LeiFang-Admiral-armor-with-cloak-853994146

Abut hair mods, some hairstyles can be opened and modified in blender like Kasumi/Marie ponytails, Kula/Nico hair. So u can edit them and put it in any other girl u want :) The others sadly u can only edit the hair bangs and not much more